Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,074 members, 7,863,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) (692 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Dear Southerners, Do You Have A Future With These People? / AIT Gets Threatened By A Northern Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by Adelaide2: 4:18am On Mar 16, 2011
I’ll not hesitate to step down for a northern candidate -Ribadu [Just another Born-to-Rule candidate? How Ribadu lost before the election]
From GARBA MUHAMMAD, Kaduna

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu has said he would not hesitate to step down for a northern candidate if the need arises. Ribadu’s disclosure came even as he expressed the belief that what the North was working towards, was to get the best candidate that could challenge the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the April elections.

He, therefore, expressed the need for the progressives to support one candidate to confront the PDP, which, according to him, “is a problem. ACN today is a northern party because I am the candidate.”

Speaking in Kaduna during the weekend, Ribadu said although he was not an advocate of zoning, he was optimistic that the north would do better if given the opportunity to produce the President. He added that those who wish the country well would have to come together to save Nigerians from the shackle of PDP’s failure.

“It is amazing when Jonathan talks about change, change for what? When you talk about change we are talking about new ideas and generational change.

I believe we can also change the political forum in the country but it will require hard work and dedication.

“Jonathan did not pardon me because I have not done anything wrong. When you fight corruption, it also fights you back. Last year, I was a fugitive. I never nursed the ambition of becoming the president, but thank God for the situation I found myself today.

“There were attempts on my life twice. I still have my car sprayed with bullets. Since I left the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), I have never called Obasanjo and I have nothing to do with him.

“Fundamentally, the problem of religious and ethnic crisis in Nigeria is as a result of leadership failure. If you do not take care of the Police, the Police will not take care of you. Last year, over 400 police officers lost their lives while discharging their duties nationwide.

“Gowon and his deputy were Christians, so I have chosen a Nigerian who probably happened to be a Muslim.

“Jonathan is playing politics with education, given the allocation to education in the national budget. Therefore, the creation of new universities when over 12 million graduates do not have jobs is not the solution of Nigeria’s education problem. The PDP government is worse than that of Mubarrak in Egypt,” he added.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/mar/15/national-15-03-2011-04.htm
Re: I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by Adelaide2: 4:24am On Mar 16, 2011
ACN buahahahahha! Party of losers. Next will be Buhari. They will all fail WOEFULLY
Jonathan, warts and all, incompetent as he may sound, is far more competent and nationalistic than Ribadu and Buhari put together
Buhari played politics with corruption and religion
Ribadu payed politics with corruption
Somebody who once said Tinubu is a thief now wines and dines with the same person. When he becomes president Ibori will come back, seeing that Ibori and Tinubu are parleys.
Shame on ACN. Shame on CPC
Jonathan all the way
Re: I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by Adelaide2: 4:29am On Mar 16, 2011
He is not stepping down for a Nigerian. He is only doing so for a northern Nigerian. And he wants to lead with oil money from the south. ONLY A BLIND SOUTHERNER WILL VOTE FOR ACN and CPC
Re: I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by gernded(m): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2011
I AM VERY SURE THIS GUYS FROM THE NORTH DON'T REALLY KNOW WHEN THEY SAY ALL THIS THINGS, IS A CONFESSION TIME MAYBE T.B JOSHUA IS TOUCHING THEM AND THEY ARE CONFESSING WITH THEIR MOUTH SHARP SHARP MORE PRAYERS T.B JOSHUA.

TO HELL WITH CPC AND ACN( EXCEPT LAGOS)
Re: I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by Arosa(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2011
Ribadu is a joke. angry
Re: I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by Arosa(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2011
From now on, I support GEJ only. tongue GEJ in a winner and God has blessed him. amen.
Re: I Can Only Step Down For A Northern Candidate (southerners do not count) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
That is the point some people in the south west dont see.The northerners are using them for politics and their selfish reason.But I thank God for so many intelligent guys fro the south west who see beyond this dress-reharsal of a Yoruba vice-president that wont have any say when the Government begin to take direction.Like a friend of mine who attend latter-Rain told me,He is politically matured to know his Pastor bakare is just out into politics for his own reason and that he is not toeing his line but going to vote GEJ!!! That is the spirit and that is the fact.Most in Bakare church who knows the truth wont vote for him so also many enlighten yorubas wont vote because of Bakare/Adeola.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb, Atiku, Gusau Under Surveillance / Elections Postponed Until Monday / What Happened To The Excess Crude Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.