Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate (24216 Views)

IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS / Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari / Olujimi, Aluko Others Move Against Fayose’s Exco, Seek Dissolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Masterkernel1: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2020
SuperBold:
Nigerians will just speak nonsense without thinking..... Most them are envious of Lagos state...... If you don't understand government, economics and business kindly shut up and let people assume you are smart

Envy of what? Kindly tell us two projects worth 1 billion dollar that Lagos state has done, surprisingly, Lagos state has enjoyed an average of N700 billion naira yearly in the past 20 years.

Travel to South South States, you will close your mouth. Don't be deceived by projects done by FG in the past as effort of the state government, which includes

Bridges
University
Airports
Sea Ports
Train station
Roads
Military installations
Power Station
Federal housing units.

List multi million projects done by only Lagos state, not concessions and loans.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by naija4life247: 7:47am On Nov 11, 2020
Prominent Lagos serial election losers you mean. Those that Tinubu has humiliated serially.

Meanwhile, that toll gate should be pulled down. They have collected enough money.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by CocoaOla: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
That toll is a total fraud on innocent citizens that pay multiple taxes
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by aremuforlife(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
miketayo:

It's d duty of d gov to build and maintain roads, toll gates or no toll gates, if u check d books I m sure less than 10% of d proceeds from d toll gate is used on that road
It is also the duty of the government to generate revenue for the maintenance of roads, how do you expect the government to generate income, or are expecting the government to borrow money for road maintenance as well?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by samsard(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

All of a sudden Dr fauci is now calling the Pfizer vaccine development " extraordinary and exiting" ........ This is the same Dr fauci that doubt the development of vaccine within this year, infact he was stating that it is NOT possible for a vaccine to be in use this year, he was saying that vaccine will be available middle of next year and the large scale distribution of vaccine to the general public might begin in 2022 ? Infact he was expressing concerned and discouraging people from taking the vaccine incase trump administration approved it usage this year..... Even new York governor was even talking about rejected this same Pfizer vaccine from entering new York if it is approved before election......... infact head of FDA was even saying that "this nose mask can even protect me more than the vaccine".... And according to a report in medical journal it is clearly stated that the nose mask can only stop you from spreading the virus by blocking your fluid from others when sneezing But the same mask can not stop you from getting infected when worned if others are not wearing mask. Infact it was discovered the 89% of the people that wore mask still get infected. All this is call election politics and they have won. And now that trump has lost election, all of a sudden there is a covid vaccine which is 90% efficient and is good for everyone including CNN...... The vaccine is now safe under Biden but under trump the same vaccine was bad and CNN warned everyone against it.
Very soon all the major countries around the world will come up with highly efficient vaccine because trump has been defeated. The aim of Corona virus has been achieve, i.e to remove trump from office...... I can bet with everything I have that no one will ever know the origin of Corona virus, it will for ever be buried in secretcy by world powers including world health organization.

Very soon ampicillin, hydroxy chloroquine, paracetamol will miraculous be approved by CDC and world health for treating Corona virus because trump is no more the president.
All of a sudden covid news is no more number one problem for America.
All of a sudden people can begin to gather in large crowd without the dangers of covid.
The vaccine that trump says will be ready by the end of October is miraculously ready after election simply because they didn't want trump to take the glory, infact they didn't want the vaccine development to give trump the advantage of winning during election.
Americans have been decieved..... After Corona virus which will eventually finish early next year, what is the economy recovery plans of Biden within the next four years....? His campaign was all about virus virus virus and death! No plans for economy.....
Now that the vaccine has come out before his administration has began..... What will be his other plans for the next four years? Nothing.
Now the new York governor coumo is even trying to lobby against trump administration, trying to stop it from distributing the vaccine.... According to coumo " it is bad that the vaccine is out during trump administration" . .. this is Because within the next two months Trump will end up accomplishing all the campaign promises (Corona virus solution) that Biden promise Americans within his next four years thereby leaving Biden with little or nothing to do within the next four years.

New world order.... And I refuse to be part of it
Shut the Bleep up, negro. You're inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. The world won't even pause if anything happened to you.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by brighter: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Prominent Lagosians?

They said it has private partnership attached to it. If so I doubt how possible it is since investors need to recoup their investment.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by naija4life247: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Envy of what? Kindly tell us two projects worth 1 billion dollar that Lagos state has done, surprisingly, Lagos state has enjoyed an average of N700 billion naira yearly in the past 20 years.

Travel to South South States, you will close your mouth. Don't be deceived by projects done by FG in the past as effort of the state government, which includes

Bridges
University
Airports
Sea Ports
Train station
Roads
Military installations
Power Station
Federal housing units.

List multi million projects done by only Lagos state, not concessions and loans.

Yet you will not leave Lagos. Even when Fashola abducted several of you street sleepers all over Lagos and dumped you at Upper Iweka Bridge Head at 2:00AM, before 2:10AM, you have all jumped into the next available trailer carrying cows to Lagos
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by DeckonTLC(m): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Please people. Am so in need of fund right now to add up with what I have to pay my school house rent which is 20k. Please if 20 people in these platform will help me with 1k each I will be very happy, GT bank 0461535106.. Or if you want to do through cryptocurrency this is my BTC wallet link 35S9uLxsnHJjkwiqLKbabS2H6rsuncBAbB and my ETH wallet link 0x86277bb1c32708161f5414cd5a0ed0b852c42afb better still you can help me with an Idea on how to make the money online fast please...... Abeg make una help I don think tire. Thank you
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 11, 2020
trekkie:
I don't get this picture, is it the budget that is being presented with all that decor?

Abi alaga iduro presenting engagement request letter to brides family?

omo jati jati nie.. on top over inflated budget...as if hes offering sacrifice to sango
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by mcwilliams7(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2020
Hausa Fulani spotted milking a cow
Difrent:

no be MASSACRE again?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by miketayo(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2020
aremuforlife:

It is also the duty of the government to generate revenue for the maintenance of roads, how do you expect the government to generate income, or are expecting the government to borrow money for road maintenance as well?

There more loopholes in Lagos expenditure than wats generated there, u have no idea how rich lagos is.
What I have seen on that road in the past 15yrs is construction of roundabout and removal of the constructed round about, y the road is 3 lanes instead of 6 lanes is still a mystery. The people do not have to suffer due to poor money management from d gov. You pass the toll 100 times in a day u pay 100 times.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Masterkernel1: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2020
naija4life247:

Yet you will not leave Lagos. Even when Fashola abducted several of you street sleepers all over Lagos and dumped you at Upper Iweka Bridge Head at 2:00AM, before 2:10AM, you have all jumped into the next available trailer carrying cows to Lagos

Lagos didn't have a thing till after Oil money from South South was used on it, to make it Federal Capital.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by alfredilly: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

All of a sudden Dr fauci is now calling the Pfizer vaccine development " extraordinary and exiting" ........ This is the same Dr fauci that doubt the development of vaccine within this year, infact he was stating that it is NOT possible for a vaccine to be in use this year, he was saying that vaccine will be available middle of next year and the large scale distribution of vaccine to the general public might begin in 2022 ? Infact he was expressing concerned and discouraging people from taking the vaccine incase trump administration approved it usage this year..... Even new York governor was even talking about rejected this same Pfizer vaccine from entering new York if it is approved before election......... infact head of FDA was even saying that "this nose mask can even protect me more than the vaccine".... And according to a report in medical journal it is clearly stated that the nose mask can only stop you from spreading the virus by blocking your fluid from others when sneezing But the same mask can not stop you from getting infected when worned if others are not wearing mask. Infact it was discovered the 89% of the people that wore mask still get infected. All this is call election politics and they have won. And now that trump has lost election, all of a sudden there is a covid vaccine which is 90% efficient and is good for everyone including CNN...... The vaccine is now safe under Biden but under trump the same vaccine was bad and CNN warned everyone against it.
Very soon all the major countries around the world will come up with highly efficient vaccine because trump has been defeated. The aim of Corona virus has been achieve, i.e to remove trump from office...... I can bet with everything I have that no one will ever know the origin of Corona virus, it will for ever be buried in secretcy by world powers including world health organization.

Very soon ampicillin, hydroxy chloroquine, paracetamol will miraculous be approved by CDC and world health for treating Corona virus because trump is no more the president.
All of a sudden people can begin to gather in large crowd without the dangers of covid.
The vaccine that trump says will be ready by the end of October is miraculously ready after election simply because they didn't want trump to take the glory, infact they didn't want the vaccine development to give trump the advantage of winning during election.
Americans have been decieved..... After Corona virus which will eventually finish early next year, what is the economy recovery plans of Biden within the next four years....? His campaign was all about virus virus virus and death! No plans for economy.....
Now that the vaccine has come out before his administration has began..... What will be his other plans for the next four years? Nothing.
Now the new York governor coumo is even trying to lobby against trump administration, trying to stop it from distributing the vaccine.... According to coumo " it is bad that the vaccine is out during trump administration" . .. this is Because within the next two months Trump will end up accomplishing all the campaign promises (Corona virus solution) that Biden promise Americans within his next four years thereby leaving Biden with little or nothing to do within the next four years.

You refuse to be part of good. Was Trump part of the order that made America the world economic and technologicalsuper power? Was he there when apple ushered the world into new era ofinformation technology? Was his idea the prevailing thing that brought the social media? Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Bill Clinton, George Bush jnr and Barack Obama sustained the American ideal during this era. Donald Trump came with his battered ego, began to talk loosely and loud uncharacteristic of American president. He took the country through a path previously uncharted in their history.

I may agree with the conspiracy to delay the announcement of covid-19 vaccine but does that explain Trump unreasonable approach to the virus? Imagine an American president denying a pandemic that was killing people in thousands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Jackson105: 8:13am On Nov 11, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

All this conspiracist, u no dey tire, always posting nonsense!

It is folks like u that claim 5G is from the devil, chai! With people like u, thier is no hope for Africa. Rubbish. Pls get sense.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Brushstrokes20: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Spot on! Enough of nonsense!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by alfredilly: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Lagos didn't have a thing till after Oil money from South South was used on it, to make it Federal Capital.
So the oil money of south south gave Lagos the sea port. The oil money brought those industries and made Lagos the centre of entertainment.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Diamondplus1805(m): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2020
" The Concerned Citizen" hmmmmm
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Shafiiimran99: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2020
Chikarata2020:
Also a monument should be built also for the remebrance of hundreds of life that was lost there and during the protest .
name those people please so that we start now
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by mukthar2000(m): 8:24am On Nov 11, 2020
Better, i think immediate scrapping of Lekki Tollgate would be the best, enough of money contributions(ajo) at that toll.

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by uunwanaobong3: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=Kingpele post=95912780][/quote]

And Mr kingpele, when I am talking about new world order i am not referring to a conspiracy theory.......

New world order is a clear fact that is currently sweeping around the world now.

For example.... U talk of BLM movement or black lives matter..... The far left democrat in America started kneeling down and pumping their fist and now everybody around the world is kneeling down and punching their fist Including premier league players.
Gays and homosexual right stated in America, Now the whole world is legalizing gay and homosexual including African countries.... Even the pope is trying to legalized it ....... Anglican Church have already legalized it.

Abortion Is legalized in all democrat state...... And now the wave have spread to Europe and the whole world...... Almost all European countries have approved abortion..
This woke culture started in democrat run state in America and spread across the world..... And now they are even deciding what is racist and what is not...... So many words have been changed in the dictionary just because the left has called it racist. So many professionals have lost their jobs from saying a regular words just because the left have tagged those words racist.......... There is no more freedom of speech except for the left..... There is no more freedom of gathering or protest except for the left....... Infact tweeter, Facebook and Google has started blocking people personal account, censoring people personal view... Infact the world is going crazy and it is cause by the left.

All the main madia cnn, BBC, arjazira, Washington and new York times, arise news, sky news etc are reporting on and focusing on the left agenda......... Nothing is heard from the right....... they are only bad news and are deliberately attacking the right view

This is what is call new world order.............
The left want to deliberately change the way things are done in the world in order to favor them only... Even if it means encouraging violence and recking havoc in the world

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by aremuforlife(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2020
miketayo:

There more loopholes in Lagos expenditure than wats generated there, u have no idea how rich lagos is.
What I have seen on that road in the past 15yrs is construction of roundabout and removal of the constructed round about, y the road is 3 lanes instead of 6 lanes is still a mystery. The people do not have to suffer due to poor money management from d gov. You pass the toll 100 times in a day u pay 100 times.
Same things happen in developed countries, their major roads are toll, and you must pay everytime you use the road, except if you have a pass.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by ImaIma1(f): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:
Scrapping the Lekki Toll gate would be a foolish thing to do as it would send the wrong signal to potential investors who want to do a Public Private Partnership with the government undecided

The toll gate is not supposed to be there forever. I am sure they have already recovered every money spent on the roads. But greed won't let them stop and we Nigerians don't speak up to challenge it

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by FarahAideed: 8:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Chikarata2020:
Also a monument should be built also for the remebrance of hundreds of life that was lost there and during the protest .

100s of life?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by emperor863(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Racoon:
The fact that Lekki tollplaza was a point where the #EndSARS protests witnessed its most gory incident, makes it a site that should be remembered like the Tiamen Square in China.

There were unpleasant incidents at Lekki toll plaza but there was no gory incident.

The gory incident took place at Oyigbo where your ipob brothers were decisively and effectively dealt with by Wike. Kudos to him.

You are still living in your delusional state. Junkies tend to "see things" when they are high on cheap substances - DJ switch on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by hush15: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2020
adenigga:

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/Metro/Prominent-Lagosians-seek-dissolution-of-Lekki-tollgate

Obasa destroyed Lagos economy with his wanton embezzlement... Thieves everywhere

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by bcashy: 8:45am On Nov 11, 2020
SuperBold:
Nigerians will just speak nonsense without thinking..... Most them are envious of Lagos state...... If you don't understand government, economics and business kindly shut up and let people assume you are smart

God bless u o brother......these are graduates oooo grin grin grin grin grin.......someone said they are not benefitting anything from toll gate, he expects the money made there to be shared grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by emperor863(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2020
JesusJesus:
That's where Lagos State generate revenue used in fixing roads and paying salaries.

We need more toll gates in Lagos.

Well done Gov Babajide

You dey mind them?

People that are near illiterates. All over the world, certain roads are tolled for adequate and timely maintenance. If in doubt ask your relatives who are struggling to survive in the white man's land.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by wonder233: 9:15am On Nov 11, 2020
No life was lost there. The tollgate should be scrapped, we are tired of giving Tinubu free money
Chikarata2020:
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by fayruka(m): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2020
trekkie:
I don't get this picture, is it the budget that is being presented with all that decor?

Abi alaga iduro presenting engagement request letter to brides family?

When you become Lagos Governor, u can put your own budget proposal inside bournvita can. Till then, Bleep OFF
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by fayruka(m): 9:19am On Nov 11, 2020
wonder233:
No life was lost there. The tollgate should be scrapped, we are tired of giving Tinubu free money
Not only hundreds, it's millions. ODE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youngest Daughter Of Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Turns One Today. PICS / Reno Omokri Resorts To Blocking / Buhari Presides Over Emergency National Security Council Meeting (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.