Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate (24217 Views)

IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS / Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari / Olujimi, Aluko Others Move Against Fayose’s Exco, Seek Dissolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by CAUSTIC002: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2020
A good alternative would be to stop toll collection during peak hours.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by JesusJesus: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2020
emperor863:

You dey mind them?

People that are near illiterates. All over the world, certain roads are tolled for adequate and timely maintenance. If in doubt ask your relatives who are struggling to survive in the white man's land.
Most of them think government make money from trees
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Chioma1989: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2020
Please they should not return the toll gate. See how the place is free and people could get to work on time. I just passed their now heading to jakande. They should use the advanced money paid by people to liquidate themselves.

Companies pays thousands annually to get etag that will allow their cars pass without queuing up to pay cash. The advance is non refundable.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by 27Pushing30: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2020
jagaban002:
The toll gate is gone ,
It should be scrap
It has no good purpose and cause heavy traffic
We are not benefiting any shit from it , when we protesting thinking we are safe at the tollgate they want to kill us all

The toll gate must be erased . We not paying chi chi again

See this one... shebi reconstruction of the alternate road is presently ongoing? follow alternate if you no wan use toll gate
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by MusaChukwudi: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2020
jagaban002:
The toll gate is gone ,
It should be scrap
We are not benefiting any shit from it , when we protesting thinking we are safe at the tollgate they want to kill us all

Foolishness

Those idiots should go and repay the loans tied to the project.
Stupid idiotic people of Nigeria, always think everything in life is FREE!
Pay tax WAHALA yet shit hole people expect their country to look like London.

Useless people breeds useless leaders!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2020
Opexzy:

See you ooo, you ended up being wrong while trying to correct that young and intelligent man... Who told you thousands?

To you sir;

Millions of lives were lost that night. The aftermath was synonymous to that of ww2.
You made me laugh like hell
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2020
I think dey should be talking about transparency and accountability in the management of the income generated, rather than canvassing for it's outright scrapping
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by trekkie: 11:03am On Nov 11, 2020
fayruka:

When you become Lagos Governor, u can put your own budget proposal inside bournvita can. Till then, Bleep OFF

Lol. This actually made me laugh. Please let's be cerebral not feral when we talk...
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by trekkie: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2020
fonzie2u:

omo jati jati nie.. on top over inflated budget...as if hes offering sacrifice to sango

Lol. If you actually comprehended what I wrote, there would be no need for insults....read again...this time slowly.. you actually made my point.....
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by trekkie: 11:10am On Nov 11, 2020
lomprico:

that decor fit don chop like 5milla o! dey dia
My thoughts exactly! And no surprise after all we are now paying 2.2. billion for prayers so why should ribbon not cost 5 million....this country Sha...
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by trekkie: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

That's the way budget is presented most times. Budget presentation comes with fanfare because it is believed that it brings succour to the pains and yearnings of the masses.

Wow.didnt know this. All the frilly decor reminds me of traditional wedding items..like when they would decorate baskets and yams with this ribbon. Kinda takes away from the seriousness of the document in my humble opinion.

As for bringing succour, considering the state of the nation, I now find the festive decorations quite annoying...
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by trekkie: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2020
adenigga:

It was budget presentation with swagger!!!

I follow you laugh o..

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by DownChelsea(f): 11:31am On Nov 11, 2020
jagaban002:
The toll gate is gone ,
It should be scrap

I was about to oppose the scrapping of the toll gate due to the amount of revenue it generates.

But I remembered that the money is not being to put to any good use as all the infrastructures Lagos are decayed. All the roads are bad, zero drainages, and bad waste management, nothing but just Politicians like the idiotic Tinubu getting richer everyday.

It must be scrapped.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by adez2016(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
Some ppl commenting dont even live in Lagos let alone pass the road.

The road created Jobs for thousands plus other benefit in kind like Road maintenance, Street / traffic light plus security.

There are many tollgates around the world(Advance countries /Africa). l dont think this will be a good move!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by nogragra: 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wolgrace:
MEANWHILE, Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr. Mudashiru Obasa, has said that the aftermath of the recent #EndSARS protests across the country devastated the economy of Lagos State.

Obasa, who spoke during the presentation of the 2021 Appropriation Bill by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu at the Assembly, yesterday, said the devastating effects of the destructions that followed the protests in the state were beyond imagination.

According to him, “the anarchy, burning and looting of businesses have hit the economy with a blow beneath the belt.

LOOK AT THE FOOLISH TALK ABOVE AS IF THEY CARE IN THE FIRST PLACE. But corruption never leads to economic downfall?

-Poverty is not joblessness. It is a political ideology, it is the setting of boundary between members of the public and members of the government. They inject pain into the system. Jobs became useless and workers became beggars. All for one reason i.e to take the lead and Keep people as slaves and the slaves became monsters. The same monsters serve as political tools for electoral malpractice and violence.

Do you expect monsters to act or look like angels?

-Governments are merchants of hunger and poverty to keep the population submissive. Poverty programmed system by the corrupt politicians makes the populace easier to control.

When the monsters they created lynches on them due to the unbearable painful systematic circumstances, they manipulate the gullibles in making themselves as saviours and gods who care for the masses.
We need transparency and accountability of toll takings. The toll must be there and be named 'ENDSARS TOLL PLAZA IN MEMORY OF THE DEAD YOUTH'.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by OlujobaSamuel: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
trekkie:

Wow.didnt know this. All the frilly decor reminds me of traditional wedding items..like when they would decorate baskets and yams with this ribbon. Kinda takes away from the seriousness of the document in my humble opinion.

As for bringing succour, considering the state of the nation, I now find the festive decorations quite annoying...
That's why I said it is expected, though budget in Nigeria hardly bring succour to the masses
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
JesusJesus:
That's where Lagos State generate revenue used in fixing roads and paying salaries.

We need more toll gates in Lagos.

Well done Gov Babajide
There's where Tinubu is generating the monies from the 2 bullion vans!!!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by drealcivilceno(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
obasiken:
Pls remove

No, do not remove!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by drealcivilceno(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:
Scrapping the Lekki Toll gate would be a foolish thing to do as it would send the wrong signal to potential investors who want to do a Public Private Partnership with the government undecided

Smart guy!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by trekkie: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

That's why I said it is expected, though budget in Nigeria hardly bring succour to the masses

Hmmmm na so
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Kaymaxine(m): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
Difrent:

no be MASSACRE again?
Guy, use dictionary now!!!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by JesusJesus: 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

There's where Tinubu is generating the monies from the 2 bullion vans!!!
He has other businesses naa.
Comon!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by DownChelsea(f): 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
I think dey should be talking about transparency and accountability in the management of the income generated, rather than canvassing for it's outright scrapping
scrapping the toll gate is possible tho...

However, transparency and accountability are impossible..

So, which is the best step to take? The possible one or impossible one?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
DownChelsea:
scrapping the toll gate is possible tho...

However, transparency and accountability are impossible..

So, which is the best step to take? The possible one or impossible one?
And why do you think transparency and accountability isn't possible?
And why should we outrightly scrap a means of generating income because you think it's not possible to employ transparency and accountability?

Why don't you guys also advocate for the outright scrapping of payment of taxes since it's they also lack transparency and accountability
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by 7lives: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
ivolt:

Get your facts right, thousands of lives were lost, not hundreds.

Millions of lives were lost there.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by 7lives: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
Opexzy:

See you ooo, you ended up being wrong while trying to correct that young and intelligent man... Who told you thousands?

To you sir;

Millions of lives were lost that night. The aftermath was synonymous to that of ww2.

It reminds me of Stalingrad.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by ceaser: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Difrent:

no be MASSACRE again?

Kaymaxine:

Guy, use dictionary now!!!

@Kaymaxine, let's help him understand better, if he wills to learn.

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by COMPAQ(m): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
ivolt:

Get your facts right, thousands of lives were lost, not hundreds.

Haba! Thousands killed at lekki toll gate? Where are pictures of their bodies on the floor.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by naija4life247: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
bcashy:

God bless u o brother......these are graduates oooo grin grin grin grin grin.......someone said they are not benefitting anything from toll gate, he expects the money made there to be shared grin grin grin grin

So you thought Buhari was wrong when he said Nigeria's youths are lazy? The worst set is the lazy and "uneducated" graduates
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
nogragra:

We need transparency and accountability of toll takings. The toll must be there and be named 'ENDSARS TOLL PLAZA IN MEMORY OF THE DEAD YOUTH'.

After that, we must get back to the real business.. We shall beat them down by harmless weapon of activism.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by DownChelsea(f): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
And why do you think transparency and accountability isn't possible?
And why should we outrightly scrap a means of generating income because you think it's not possible to employ transparency and accountability?

Why don't you guys also advocate for the outright scrapping of payment of taxes since it's they also lack transparency and accountability
we'll start somewhere.

Your taxes are used to overpay your law makers.
While your government borrows money quarterly to fund projects that Neva see the light of day.

Taxes have proven to be impotent in bringing any positive change.

You see the pocket money your governor gave his son in Dubai last week, that's your task.

You see that untarred road in your street, that's what your tax will never fix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Emergency National Security Council Meeting (Pictures) / Explained: How Buhari Miraculously Improved The Power Overnight - Brimah / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.