Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,258 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate (24215 Views)

IGP Adamu Announces Dissolution Of SARS / Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari / Olujimi, Aluko Others Move Against Fayose’s Exco, Seek Dissolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by OlujobaSamuel: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2020
trekkie:
I don't get this picture, is it the budget that is being presented with all that decor?

Abi alaga iduro presenting engagement request letter to brides family?

That's the way budget is presented most times. Budget presentation comes with fanfare because it is believed that it brings succour to the pains and yearnings of the masses.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by alfredilly: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2020
G
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by pickatyou2: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2020
I totally support it.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by gulfer: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
jagaban002:
The toll gate is gone ,
It should be scrap
It has no good purpose and cause heavy traffic
We are not benefiting any shit from it , when we protesting thinking we are safe at the tollgate they want to kill us all

The toll gate must be erased . We not paying chi chi again
And so are the jobs of hundreds working there; they should rather revise the tariff downward to be more pocket-friendly, imagine working in Lekki and driving a SIenna; that is N600 everyday in and out.....the current tariffs are way too high but they should not scrap it. The road needs maintenance cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Whois(m): 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
Those that died are not human's abi
Difrent:

no be MASSACRE again?

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Vicachiever: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
#ENDSARS movement can never be forgotten. see the coolest rhymes about ENDSARS by rhymer. HILLARIOUS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDFzE4CbNro

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Kingpele(m): 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=uunwanaobong3 post=95912562]
Now that trump has lost election, all of a sudden there is a covid vaccine which is 90% efficient and is good for everyone including CNN...... The vaccine is now safe under Biden but under trump the same vaccine was bad and CNN warned everyone against it.
Very soon all the major qqq countries around the world will come up with highly efficient vaccine because trump has been defeated. The aim of Corona virus has been achieve, i.e to remove trump from office...... I can bet with everything I have that no one will ever know the origin of Corona virus, it will for ever be buried in secretcy by world powers including world health organization.

Very soon ampicillin, hydroxy chloroquine, paracetamol will miraculous be approved by CDC and world health for treating Corona virus because trump is no more the president.
All of a sudden covid news is no more number one problem for America.
All of a sudden people can begin to gather in large crowd without the dangers of covid.
The vaccine that trump says will be ready by the end of October is miraculously ready after election simply because they didn't want trump to take the glory, infact they didn't want the vaccine development to give trump the advantage of winning during election.
Americans have been decieved..... After Corona virus which will eventually finish early next year, what is the economy recovery plans of Biden within the next four years....? His campaign was all about virus virus virus and death! No plans for economy.....
Now that the vaccine has come out before his administration has began..... What will be his other plans for the next four years? Nothing.
Now the new York governor coumo is even trying to lobby against trump administration, trying to stop it from distributing the vaccine.... According to coumo " it is bad that the vaccine is out during trump administration" . .. this is Because within the next two months Trump will end up accomplishing all the campaign promises (Corona virus solution) that Biden promise Americans within his next four years thereby leaving Biden with little or nothing to do within the next four years.

New world order.... And I refuse to be part of it[please my dear relax ,I heard worst conspiracy theories against Obama when he was president of America ,and in a particular theory I ran he will be the last American president that will equally be the beast ...I believed that nonsense till he left office and trump entered ,our salvation doesn't depend on who rules in America ,our salvation depend on our Lord Jesus Christ ,so give your life to him ,obey his teachings and pray always ,u will be ready for anything
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by ceaser: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2020
Sòròsókè! Loud am please.

Tolls should be placed between roads leading from the North into the South, shikena! That way they can start generating revenues for the benefit of all southerners. If the northerners like, they should also have theirs cos Nigerians care less.

True federalism and regionalism should be fought for to put an end to the inequitable distribution of resources of the Nigerian people.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by lomprico(m): 7:29am On Nov 11, 2020
trekkie:
I don't get this picture, is it the budget that is being presented with all that decor?

Abi alaga iduro presenting engagement request letter to brides family?

that decor fit don chop like 5milla o! dey dia

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by winterfell007(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:
Scrapping the Lekki Toll gate would be a foolish thing to do as it would send the wrong signal to potential investors who want to do a Public Private Partnership with the government undecided

The lekki toll gate us not a ppp, it's fully owned by the LASG and managed by the LCC. How does scrapping it prevents investors?

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by YoonSung57: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:
Scrapping the Lekki Toll gate would be a foolish thing to do as it would send the wrong signal to potential investors who want to do a Public Private Partnership with the government undecided

The investment for that road has since been recouped. Is it an everlasting toll gate?

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by omodaamola: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2020
Na so!
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by brighter: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2020
ok
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Paulicy11(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Hmm, will the power players agree?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by aremuforlife(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2020
Scrapping of lekki toll gate will not yield any positive result but pains and agonies for the motorist over there.
This is the same mistake Obasanjo made while in government, he scrapped all the toll gate on our road without creating another means to generate revenue for road maintenance. I will support all roads in Nigeria to be toll, if that will make it motorable.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2020
So, how would Lagos be able to pay for road maintenance.?

Dismantling toll gates across our federal highways was one of the big mistakes the government has made in times past. No toll gates, no revenue for road maintenance and new roads.

And before you start shouting 'They wil chop the money' 'Tinubu is eating the money'(and Lord knows I don't like Tinubu...he is part of the problems of this contrry'...consiider that the government is finding it difficuult to raise money now to repair and fix roads.

Either we charge tolls, or we take more and more loans from mother IMF.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by steeltrust: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2020
uunwanaobong3:

All of a sudden Dr fauci is now calling the Pfizer vaccine development " extraordinary and exiting" ........ This is the same Dr fauci that doubt the development of vaccine within this year, infact he was stating that it is NOT possible for a vaccine to be in use this year, he was saying that vaccine will be available middle of next year and the large scale distribution of vaccine to the general public might begin in 2022 ? Infact he was expressing concerned and discouraging people from taking the vaccine incase trump administration approved it usage this year..... Even new York governor was even talking about rejected this same Pfizer vaccine from entering new York if it is approved before election......... infact head of FDA was even saying that "this nose mask can even protect me more than the vaccine".... And according to a report in medical journal it is clearly stated that the nose mask can only stop you from spreading the virus by blocking your fluid from others when sneezing But the same mask can not stop you from getting infected when worned if others are not wearing mask. Infact it was discovered the 89% of the people that wore mask still get infected. All this is call election politics and they have won. And now that trump has lost election, all of a sudden there is a covid vaccine which is 90% efficient and is good for everyone including CNN...... The vaccine is now safe under Biden but under trump the same vaccine was bad and CNN warned everyone against it.
Very soon all the major countries around the world will come up with highly efficient vaccine because trump has been defeated. The aim of Corona virus has been achieve, i.e to remove trump from office...... I can bet with everything I have that no one will ever know the origin of Corona virus, it will for ever be buried in secretcy by world powers including world health organization.

Very soon ampicillin, hydroxy chloroquine, paracetamol will miraculous be approved by CDC and world health for treating Corona virus because trump is no more the president.
All of a sudden covid news is no more number one problem for America.
All of a sudden people can begin to gather in large crowd without the dangers of covid.
The vaccine that trump says will be ready by the end of October is miraculously ready after election simply because they didn't want trump to take the glory, infact they didn't want the vaccine development to give trump the advantage of winning during election.
Americans have been decieved..... After Corona virus which will eventually finish early next year, what is the economy recovery plans of Biden within the next four years....? His campaign was all about virus virus virus and death! No plans for economy.....
Now that the vaccine has come out before his administration has began..... What will be his other plans for the next four years? Nothing.
Now the new York governor coumo is even trying to lobby against trump administration, trying to stop it from distributing the vaccine.... According to coumo " it is bad that the vaccine is out during trump administration" . .. this is Because within the next two months Trump will end up accomplishing all the campaign promises (Corona virus solution) that Biden promise Americans within his next four years thereby leaving Biden with little or nothing to do within the next four years.

New world order.... And I refuse to be part of it
ok let say trump won den after his second tenure won't he live office and another person ll continue u?

the so called new world order won't it take place if trump second term finish?

u pple don't tink at all
smh
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by murmee: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:
The public Private Partnership should have recouped their money by now.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by aremuforlife(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2020
[/quote][quote author=Blessed55 post=95912946]

The investment for that road has since been recouped. Is it an everlasting toll gate?
Is that how business is made?
After recouping your business, you will closed it up?
Let us be sincere to ourselves, the toll gate over there has proved productive, the roads are regularly maintained.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Kobicove(m): 7:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Blessed55:

Do you know that for a fact or are you just assuming?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Kobicove(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2020
murmee:
The public Private Partnership should have recouped their money by now.

So you examined their books to confirm this or you just plucked figures from the air?
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:

in Nigeria

signal is more important than human life
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by ablejesus26(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Chikarata2020:
Also a monument should be built also for the remebrance of hundreds of life that was lost there and during the protest .

Hundreds of Lives!!like seriously!!

hmmm

1 Like

Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by reidkrugger(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2020
Niiiiiiiiiccceeeeeee, na now human beings de talk.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by miketayo(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:

What are u saying, both the public and private that manage the toll gate is d same Tinubu. More than 50% of the private businesses of ppp in Lagos is owned by politicians. Private firms with no connections are not giving a chance
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by uunwanaobong3: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=Kingpele post=95912780][/quote]

Dear I don't believe in conspiracy theories.... I don't believe in Obama beast and trump saviour.

My only anger is that this leaders are intentionally killing us with so many virus that the manufacture from lab.... They cause the problem, they prevent the people from investigating.... They have the cure/vaccine which they have refused to distribute it to people. And they want a certain percentage of people to die before they start distribution........... They want a certain candidate to win election before they start distribution.

This is bad....... They are using the people as game
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by mozona(m): 7:45am On Nov 11, 2020
na person business be that ooh
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Gkay1(m): 7:45am On Nov 11, 2020
editing
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2020
Kobicove:

So you examined their books to confirm this or you just plucked figures from the air?
They were paid off by Ambode. I’m not canvassing for the scrapping of the toll gate though.
Re: Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate by miketayo(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2020
aremuforlife:

Is that how business is made?
After recouping your business, you will closed it up?
Let us be sincere to ourselves, the toll gate over there has proved productive, the roads are regularly maintained.

It's d duty of d gov to build and maintain roads, toll gates or no toll gates, if u check d books I m sure less than 10% of d proceeds from d toll gate is used on that road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki To Expose More Beneficiaries Of Arms Deal / Da Nanzing, Plateau Politician Dies Of Poison After Snatching Another Man's Wife / INEC Calls One Witness, Closes Case In Obi, LP’s Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.