Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended (4807 Views)

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / 11-year Old Christian Girl Baffles Islamic Scholar With One Simple Question / Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by LuvinGuy(m): 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2007
"Islamic scholar promotes adult breastfeeding

Article from: By Abraham Rabinovich in Jerusalem June 26, 2007 07:51am

A RELIGIOUS ruling by an Islamic scholar permitting women to breastfeed adult males with whom they work was issued this month from al-Azhar University in Cairo , the world's leading Sunni university.[/b] Izzat Atiyaa had issued a fatwa, or religious ruling, offering his bold suggestion as a way around the prohibition in Islamic religious law against a woman working in private premises with a man who was not her close relative. Breastfeeding, he argued, would create a familial relationship under Islamic law.

Dr Atiyaa explained to the Egyptian newspaper al-Watani al-Yawm that: "In Islamic tradition, breastfeeding at infancy establishes a degree of familial relationship between nurse and child even if there is no biological relationship.�

Dr Atiyaa argued in his fatwa that if an adult male were nursed by a female co-worker it would likewise establish a familial bond that would permit them to work side by side without raising suspicion of illicit sex."

Islam Sinks Even Lower.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by ajadrage: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2007
Are you serious about the factuality of this information?
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2007
ajadrage:

Are you serious about the factuality of this information?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21805283-663,00.html

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21803296-2703,00.html
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
Scholar suspended after allowing breastfeeding of adults:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=301&objectid=10442332

Nothing to see here, so move along. Breastfeeding isn't a major problem in Islam, but violence is.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Iman3(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2007
The story brings to light the whole issue of gender relations in Islam which is an important issue.He was only trying to suggest ways to sidestep  the segregation of women and men in public places.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by nguage(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2007
I dont mind being breastfed oh !!!
What was he thinking? Does the quran support that? If the quran supports it I go convert.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2007
n-guage:

I don't mind being breastfed oh !!!

Naughty-naughty!!  cheesy

n-guage:

What was he thinking? Does the quran support that? If the quran supports it I go convert.

I don't think the Qur'an teaches that; but the guy made this interesting remark:

"The fact that the hadith regarding the breastfeeding of an adult is inconceivable to the mind does not make it invalid," Dr Atiyaa said, in defending his ruling. "Rejecting it is tantamount to questioning the Prophet's tradition."

I don't know what hadith he was referring to, though.  undecided
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
There was once a man who came to the "prophet Mohammed" worried sick that his male slave may begin to fancy his wife and wondered what to do about this issue.
Mohammed advised him to let his wife give suck to the adult male slave that way she becomes haram (forbidden) to him.

So this Egyptian cleric is not speaking from the moon,he has the example by the great apostle of allah documented in the hadith.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by gbadex1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2007
Dammit, we need suckling rooms on the double!
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2007
A woman and her husband had a slave boy who had reached puberty and the husband was afraid there could be some hanky panky with his wife and the slave boy,Muhammad the genius advised the woman to have the slave boy suckle her bossoms so that she'll become unlawful to him.
problem solved.

read on.

Bukhari, Book 008, Number 3425:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. Hudaifas’s wife came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (purbety) as men attain and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that Hudaifa is getting suspicious of Salim and me.Wereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by olutomiwa(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2007
n-guage:

I don't mind being breastfed oh !!!
never underestimate the POWER OF BREASTS{OYAN,OMU,SIKI SIKI} PEACE BREASTS be unto you grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2007
@olutomiwa,

Na wa for you! grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2007
A woman attempted sucklikg another woman to keep her husband away from the other woman.
She instead got the scourging of her life.

Malik’s Muwatta: Book 30, Number 30.2.13:

Yahya related to me from Malik that Abdullah ibn Dinar said, "A man came to Abdullah ibn Umar when I was with him at the place where judgments were given and asked him about the suckling of an older person. Abdullah ibn Umar replied, 'A man came to Umar ibn al-Khattab and said, 'I have a slave-girl and I used to have intercourse with her. My wife went to her and suckled her. When I went to the girl, my wife told me to watch out, because she had suckled her!' Umar told him to beat his wife and to go to his slave-girl because kinship by suckling was only by the suckling of the young.' "
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2007
Oh, now I see how the Islamic scholar got his idea from and offered this challenge:

"Rejecting it is tantamount to questioning the Prophet's tradition."
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
There was an earlier topic on this issue and someone suggested they begin building adult suckling rooms in all public places (just like we have diaper changing and nursing rooms)
It'll be a sight.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2007
Interesting. Infact, you anticipated me, because I was just going to mention just about the same thing: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55596.96.html#msg1179764 cheesy
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by nguage(m): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2007
'' I dey thirst, can i suck a little bit?''
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2007
n-guage:

'' I dey thirst, can i suck a little bit?''

You need to "qualify" first. grin

Hint: You would have to beat your wife and then go to your slave-girl - because "kinship by suckling was only by the suckling of the young." [Malik’s Muwatta: Book 30, Number 30.2.13] grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by LuvinGuy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2007
I-man:

The story brings to light the whole issue of gender relations in Islam which is an important issue.He was only trying to suggest ways to sidestep the segregation of women and men in public places.

That is not the point. The point is that religion has moved on to the point where women's rights are accepted, discussed, formed into laws, etc. while Islam continues to founder and largely rejects the concept of womens rights. Islam needs to undergo significant reform in order to be part of a modern society.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by olutomiwa(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2007
A   L    L   A    H   You       A     K     B    A     R grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by nguage(m): 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2007
this thread is goin to be blocked now. Why did u paste those ''breastfeed-able breast''
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by olutomiwa(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2007
n-guage:

this thread is goin to be blocked now. Why did u paste those ''breastfeed-able breast''
for the THN 2 go round grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2007
olutomiwa please take down those pictures.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2007
babyosisi:

Again: "olutomiwa please take down those pictures!"

I beg. . . take them off, . . take them down, . . take them away, . . take them kpata-kpata! sad
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by olutomiwa(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2007
babyosisi:

you are one lady after my heart,i will do anythn 4 u,I JUST DID,i did as u requested wink
stimulus:

Again: "olutomiwa please take down those pictures!"

I beg. . . take them off, . . take them down, . . take them away, . . take them kpata-kpata! sad
you sure say u no like dem grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by WesleyanA(f): 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2007
i saw something like that somewhere too but this time it was an american couple.
the lady breastfed her kids till they were like 12 and they're still at it.

there are eccentric people in the world. that "Islamic scholar"' doesn't represent the whole muslim population
just as that one american family doesn't represent the whole american population.

the guy has a right to his opinion but he's not supposed to impose it on anyone. suspension serves him right.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2007
olutomiwa:

you sure say u no like them grin

Like wetin? sad
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2007
WesleyanA:

i saw something like that somewhere too but this time it was an american couple.
the lady breastfed her kids till they were like 12 and they're still at it.

there are eccentric people in the world. that "Islamic scholar"' doesn't represent the whole muslim population
just as that one american family doesn't represent the whole american population.

the guy has a right to his opinion but he's not supposed to impose it on anyone. suspension serves him right.

as usual, kids just jump into threads pretending to be intelligent while having absolutely no knowledge of what they are talking about. There is NO correlation between the islamic fatwa in question and a woman who chooses to breastfeed her children till the age of 12.
The fatwa takes its inspiration from the very words of the prophet mohammed. In essence the fatwa claims that the only way to prevent lustful relationships between a man and a woman who ARE OF NO RELATION to each other, the woman should suckle the man and he automatically becomes part of her family.

This is not a question of an eccentric sheik, the relevant portions of the hadith where the prophet mohammed actually started the practice have been over flogged on this thread. Read them first before saying nonsense.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by omoge(f): 11:41pm On Jun 28, 2007
maybe to continue to build up their immunity grin Lactation my biology prof. said is always good grin
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by WesleyanA(f): 6:10am On Jun 29, 2007
davidylan, how did i know you'd be the first person to comment on my post.

you have a whole topic dedicated to you: "i hate muslims even though i shouldn't"
anything you say on this thread is discredited. you're just here to carry on your propaganda. keep sippin' on the haterade buddy.
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by Aproko(f): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2007
suckle a man just to stop him from lusting after you? undecided undecided

how many men will a woman suckle in her lifetime? suckle in the market, at work, the visitor, the neigbours cos those that lust after women are everywhere

and what will the husband be doing while the luster is being suckled

and what if after suckling, he still lusts after the woman, will he suckle till he can suckle no more

this world is getting stranger by the day
Re: Islamic Scholar Promotes Adult Breastfeeding. Update: He has Been Suspended by stimulus(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2007
The Muslim cleric should not be blamed - he was sincerely speaking his mind based on the "example" of the prophet in the Hadith. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Very Very Dirty Passages From The Biblei / Jesus Is Seen Standing On A Cloud / Atheist, Why Embracing Buddhism And Not African Philosophy And Spirituality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.