Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,258 members, 7,846,185 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? (1764 Views)

The Consequences Of Being "Too" Nice / She Broke Up With Her Boyfriend For Being Too Nice (Photo) / My Boyfriend Is A Mumu, He's Too Nice How Do I Change Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by ashewoboy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
The term " too nice" was not properly addressed in my previous topic. a lot of people did not answer the question. they were just throwing shots at the lady. that is the reason for this thread. is there anything like "too nice" in a relationship? can you give examples of such gestures?

what does it mean to be too nice? how can you identify that you are being too nice?
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by ashewoboy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
lalasticlala. thanks for the other thread. let's go to front page again so people can actually Adress the question of "being too nice" in a relationship.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by ashewoboy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
Lalasticlala.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Flexherbal(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
There is no formula in relationship and dating.
What works for A may not work for B.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Davash222(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
Her: Good evening dear

Me: Good evening, Nne.

Her: How are you today

Me: I’m fine and you?

Her: I’m not fine o

Me: You’ll be fine in Jesus name.

Example of being “too nice” is to ask her what’s wrong with her.

8 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Auladimeji(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Flexherbal:
There is no formula in relationship and dating.
What works for A may not work for B.
Oga?focus on your herb and leave relationship expert to deal with this
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Flexherbal(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Auladimeji:
Oga?focus on your herb and leave relationship expert to deal with this

Did the OP tell you that he needed only relationship experts to reply ?

I just gave my opinion.
Give yours.

What man is a man who does not try to make the world better!

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by WrittyWritter(f): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wen u are to 'too nice' it means u allow people to step on u anyhow and u don't take offence or show it..some people like dis..because it means dey can easily take advantage of u..some do not like it because it has lot of disadvantages.. smiley

D person may not be able to tell u d truth because he or she is 'too nice' and doesn't want to hurt your feelings..one of d worst things in life is having a partner dat can not tell u d truth smiley

It becomes annoying..it is really annoying sometimes being right all the time..some people like me love to be challenged...we don't want people dat will just accept our every word blindly smiley...its makes d relationship boring..so we can't argue about tins because u want to be Mr too nice guy and agree with everything I say ..

Can one know wen one is too nice..I doubt so..I think it is one of d tins someone needs to tell u

Too much of everything is not gud..All girls like nice guys..but not all likes too nice guys smiley

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by WrittyWritter(f): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:

Dat is not it����
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
being too nice is supposed to mean acting foolishly.when u do things in an abnormal way in order to please or find favour in a girl"s eyes.For example u borrowing money to fuel ur car to carry a girl to her place of work or school just because u want her to accept ur friendship.money ur parents sent u for ur school fees u using it to sponsor two girls,money u should be using for ur personal upkeep u using to maintain one girl etc..in short ladies step on u and call u mumu and laugh u behind ur back.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Too nice is next to simping cool
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by RightToReject(m): 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Yes, there's something like being "too nice." Literally, anyone who uses servility to sustain a relationship is "too nice." Unfortunately, behind any servile person is a disingenuous person - disingenuous people and pernicious acts are inseparable. Truth, however, is that conceited - haughty or crass - people ignorantly like them servile/naive and economically buoyant in most cases dually because of their penchant for subjugation and insatiableness. Disingenuousness is the recipe for wreaking conceited people.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by BigDawsNet: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
Of course..

And its not a good idea especially with a Nigerian woman..

I tried it many times with a Nigerian ladies
I was Screwed

Now with a white lady
It makes lot of sense...

They don't see you as a weak man rather a romantic man...

Well not all naija babes are the same... So u may be favoured
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Plut01: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
RightToReject:
Yes, there's something like being "too nice." Literally, anyone who uses servility to sustain a relationship is "too nice." Unfortunately, behind any servile person is a disingenuous person - disingenuous people and pernicious acts are inseparable. Truth, however, is that conceited - haughty or crass - people ignorantly like them servile/naive and economically buoyant in most cases dually because of their penchant for subjugation and insatiableness. Disingenuousness is the recipe for wreaking conceited people.

Alaye Kilode?
come down to our level joor.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by ashewoboy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 12, 2020
lefulefu:
being too nice is supposed to mean acting foolishly.when u do things in an abnormal way in order to please or find favour in a girl"s eyes.For example u borrowing money to fuel ur car to carry a girl to her place of work or school just because u want her to accept ur friendship.money ur parents sent u for ur school fees u using it to sponsor two girls,money u should be using for ur personal upkeep u using to maintain one girl etc..in short ladies step on u and call u mumu and laugh u behind ur back.

you got the context of the question I asked. I advise others to follow this template.

very good submission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by ashewoboy(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
Lalasticlala.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Shortyy(f): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2020
Yes.

At times people feel like any partner that is too nice in a relationship have ulterior motive.

Especially people that have been in a toxic relationship all their lives, so when they perceive that too much niceness, they feel like you have a bad motive. Because they haven't been cared for like that before.

Also people that had rough childhood, people their parents never shared love, people that witnessed domestic violence between their parents. All these factor can break someone. And affect their relationship with people. Both romantic and normal relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by ashewoboy(m): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2020
Shortyy:
Yes.

At times people feel like any partner that is too nice in a relationship have ulterior motive.

Especially people that have been in a toxic relationship all their lives, so when they perceive that too much niceness, they feel like you have a bad motive. Because they haven't been cared for like that before.

Also people that had rough childhood, people their parents never shared love, people that witnessed domestic violence between their parents. All these factor can break someone. And affect their relationship with people. Both romantic and normal relationship.

what about you? can a guy be too nice for you?

let's have examples.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by adajoe555: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2020
Mr Too Nice

Being too nice can make one look stupid and people take advantage of such niceness.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Shortyy(f): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2020
ashewoboy:

what about you? can a guy be too nice for you?

let's have examples.

No. I've seen it all in life. I don't think anything can surprise me anymore. So I think it's best, I allow myself to be loved no matter how it will end.
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by tobechi74: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2020
Goodluck Jonathan is too nice

Buhari is opposite of too nice

Virtues lies in the middle
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 13, 2020
ZIINI:
Too nice is next to simping cool
And simping is a disordergringrin

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by baralatie(m): 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
definition of too nice

a tool nice a person is defined as a person most especially a lady of whom you say hi to and she credits your bank account with $1000000
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
In a committed relationship, there's no such thing as being too nice. You should be nice, kind, Ioyal, honest, [insert other beautiful qualities here]. These are the building blocks of a lasting relationship. There's a difference between being too nice and being a doormat, however. The latter is the no-no.

Davash222:

LOL!

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by OMOJOHN001: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2020
Mr too nice guy, TUEEEH

Who does that, Too nice is when you always try to Please others, or your GF and displease yourself.
Too nice is when you finish having sex with your Gf and you tell her thank you, instead of you to wipe her bum bum with hot slap and tell her, its really a nice dick from me.

Too Nice is when your babe can' easily predict your next actions, She knows what you can do and what you can't, TUEEEEH.

Too nice kills a man faster than Simping, Too nice is when you can't tell your babe to suck your dick without fear,

Only simp act too nice and it kills them later.
TUEEEEEH

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by PHOTSEE(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
baralatie:
definition of too nice

a tool nice a person is defined as a person most especially a lady of whom you say hi to and she credits your bank account with $1000000
Please where can i find such a lady?
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
lefulefu:
being too nice is supposed to mean acting foolishly.when u do things in an abnormal way in order to please or find favour in a girl"s eyes. For example u borrowing money to fuel ur car to carry a girl to her place of work or school just because u want her to accept ur friendship.money ur parents sent u for ur school fees u using it to sponsor two girls,money u should be using for ur personal upkeep u using to maintain one girl etc.. in short ladies step on u and call u mumu and laugh u behind ur back.
Lefulefu tongue, have you ever done any of these for a girl? Honesty, pls. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
Lefulefu tongue, have you ever done any of these for a girl? Honesty, pls. tongue
i dont have the time and strenght to be doing such tp a girl.i guess its guys who have the luxury on their hands that engage in such to please a girl cheesy.like some dude here the other day who made a thread saying he gave a girl a free ride and when he was about dropping her at her place of work he suggested to the girl that every morning he will driving his car to that place to pick the girl free of charge and the girl told him to carry his wahala to one side grin grin grin grin.only a man with too much time on his hand would do such cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
lefulefu:
i dont have the time and strenght to be doing such tp a girl.i guess its guys who have the luxury on their hands that engage in such to please a girl cheesy.like some dude here the other day who made a thread saying he gave a girl a free ride and when he was about dropping her at her place of work he suggested to the girl that every morning he will driving his car to that place to pick the girl free of charge and the girl told him to carry his wahala to one side grin grin grin grin.only a man with too much time on his hand would do such cheesy.
If she were a hungry girl now who accepted the free rides, then started asking him for money, I bet he would open a thread that he has been giving one girl free rides to work and she's now asking him for money. He should be glad that she's different (at least by not jumping at his offer), not be offended that she questioned his motive and didn't accept the free rides as he had expected she would.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
If she were a hungry girl now who accepted the free rides, then started asking him for money, I bet he would open a thread that he has been giving one girl free rides to work and she's now asking him for money. He should be glad that she's different (at least by not jumping at his offer), not bet im offended that she questioned his motive and didn't accept the free rides as he had expected she would.
he would have gained his respect if he had just given the girl a lift then dropped her and moved on with his car.but then im call fall im hand by asking her if he can be passing that route every morning just to pick her.in short he just cast doubt for the girl mind that he is not the owner of the car.that he is probably one of these guys who use their dad"s car to chyke girls on the streets cos a man with a job and with a fixed time frame wont be asking a girl such a question.in short e for make sense sef he just zoom pass the girl with his car grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
lefulefu:
he would have gained his respect if he had just given the girl a lift then dropped her and moved on with his car.but then im call fall im hand by asking her if he can be passing that route every morning just to pick her.in short he just cast doubt for the girl mind that he is not the owner of the car.that he is probably one of these guys who use their dad"s car to chyke girls on the streets cos a man with a job and with a fixed time frame wont be asking a girl such a question.in short e for make sense sef he just zoom pass the girl with his car grin grin grin grin grin grin
Right; he would have! grin

Am I the only one who doesn't believe the part about her flagging him to stop? Unless he's a Uber or Taxi driver and she saw a sign on the car that he was, I doubt she was the one who flagged him to stop. I think he must've stopped on his own, perhaps b/c she was attractive or he saw something he liked (e.g. a big bum), which makes him saying she's average-looking also doubtful b/c she must've been beautiful, especially for him to offer to be giving her rides to work everyday (on their very first meeting)! When men get rejected, that's when you'll hear things like, "She wasn't cute anyway" or [insert other insults here]. Evidence of painment. grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "Being Too Nice" In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
Right; he would have! grin

Am I the only one who doesn't believe the part about her flagging him to stop? Unless he's a Uber or Taxi driver and she saw a sign on the car that he was, I doubt she was the one who flagged him to stop. I think he must've stopped on his own, perhaps b/c she was attractive or he saw something he liked (e.g. a big bum), which makes him saying she's average-looking also doubtful b/c she must've been beautiful, especially for him to offer to be giving her rides to work everyday (on their very first meeting)! When men get rejected, that's when you'll hear things like, "She wasn't cute anyway" or [insert other insults here]. Evidence of painment. grin
did he say she flagged him? grin
no normal person would flag down a private car owner nau haba.Its actually disrespectful to be flagging a private car owner.He stopped for her..she didnt flag down anything cheesy.while nothing is wrong for stopping for her but where he fell his hand was when he proposing to be coming there every morning to pick her.and as for op saying the girl was average looking and not his taste..lets forget we didnt see that cos most times when a guy gets hurt by a girl"s refusal to date him he starts attacking her looks just like u saying here..its a normal naija thing cheesy.op was attracted to the girl quite alright irregardless of what he is saying here but it was his manner of approach that made the girl cut him off.it is lame to make urself a driver cos u wan date a girl.why not just ask for her number straight away instead of forming too nice

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reactions As Nigerian Man Proposed To A Mad Woman On Valentine / How True Is This? / What Can I Do To My Hair [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.