Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax (40163 Views)

Bread Levy Is Not For Indigenous Bakers- Yahaya Bello / Kogi Bread Levy/Tax: Yahaya Bello Turning Bread Into Stone – Shehu Sani / Sanwo-Olu Suspends Bamidele Balogun For Imposing 5% Levy On Digital Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Ikea81: 12:52am On Nov 13, 2020
I just dey laugh. The country is broke and can't run for another 2years. They have looted the country to it's bones.....soon and very soon all these politicians will run, the ones that can escape we have his head used to play ball on the streets of Nigeria. Go mark my words.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by chukxie(m): 1:00am On Nov 13, 2020
Some governors are now beginning to flex their muscles after the leadership of Nigeria in conjunction with some governors, politicians, miscreants and paid online warriors succeeded in scuttling the ENDSARS protests because the government knew that the protesters were gradually beginning to agitate for good governance. Kudos to all the sycophants who supported the government in ensuring that the aims of the protests were never fulfilled. Una go hear win! We are all this shit together. Let the suffering continue unabated.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by 400billionman: 1:37am On Nov 13, 2020
When ShopRite arrived, their loaf was N300, now it is N500.

The favorite load of bread in town is currently N450 but scarce and has lost its taste. I must use mayonnaise before I can enjoy it.

State government wants tax on same bread.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by vioment: 2:20am On Nov 13, 2020
No innovative or up to the task leaders.

These current leaders like the previous ones came to steal from Nigeria treasury or use Nigerian clout to do borrowing 419.

These current leaders are clueless. Their lack of creativity, an aspect of being a good leader have been exposed; Especially, now that more regular Naijans are aware of mediocre moves.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by AFONJACOW(m): 2:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Something is wrong with this country.... Even ordinary bread kwa
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Hangulsaram: 2:58am On Nov 13, 2020
What happen to indirect task that is being paid at the purchased?
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by RedScorpion(f): 3:26am On Nov 13, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Una never see anything.

Buhari their master don teach the governors wickedness

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by deebrain(m): 3:28am On Nov 13, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Nobody: 3:41am On Nov 13, 2020
Very simple nah bread would be scrapped off from my roster in that case

I would peacefully look for an alternative
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Lexusgs430: 3:43am On Nov 13, 2020
They should not forget to tax puff puff & àkàrà too........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Zenithpeak(m): 3:47am On Nov 13, 2020
This case is quite simple to dimistifiy.

Kofi state was boarded by 10 other states of the federation.. Let all bakery relocate to all these states and bake their breads and transport it to their usual customers.... The stupid memo said: 'levy on every loaf of bread produced in the state.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by vioment: 4:17am On Nov 13, 2020
No emphaty in this passage.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by sharpchap: 4:20am On Nov 13, 2020
Bros U no try oooooo. How can U bring this type of thread in the night U no want make we sleep? But seriously the rate at which stupid ideas are being generated in Nigeria is alarming.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by NwokoloOwa: 4:27am On Nov 13, 2020
Oh my God. Idiots everywhere.

So called cyoungest governor that regrettably turned to a bad example of the new generation in power. However only him cannot stop the movement for a radical shift in governance style whether old or young.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by thejourney200: 4:35am On Nov 13, 2020
Still wondering why anyone would think of imposing a levy on food items produced in the state. The governor and God advisers are evil.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Gval123: 4:40am On Nov 13, 2020
When u have fools in position of power. this is what u get. Our pastors will not see vision for us not to vote these idiot into power, but they see vision for Americans not to vote for Biden. I just tire for Nigeria
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by CSTRR: 4:55am On Nov 13, 2020
That is why I laugh when I hear IGR
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:58am On Nov 13, 2020
Babalegba:
I keep saying, the younger politicians are much more wicked than the old ones The governors brain is dry so he's unable to think of ways to improve igr other than to starve the electorates

Yahyah Bello is just the face representing some faceless old farts
Just like Desmond
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by AerialMapper: 5:02am On Nov 13, 2020
Governors are broke

Kogi is levying bread

Kaduna is levying all adults

IGR will be used to fund their families
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by ThatFairGuy: 5:17am On Nov 13, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
List of some useless state governors:
Enugu governor
Imo governor
Lagos governor
Kogi governor
Kano governor
Delta governor
Bayelsa governor

that is like the whole Igbo states

Too harsh grin
k
How is Lagos State Governor useless? Are you sure you're sound

Even Ganduje you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 13, 2020
Oil prices are low

So the taxes go up

Yes, I know, Yahaya bello is a useless governor....but in times like this, when oil prices are chronically low, states have to raise cash,

OR.....they take more loans, and more loans.

The bread levy is in order. Harsh....but in order. Because I don't think Nigeria can't think of taking more loans.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Hassanmaye(m): 5:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Kilonshele grin grin grin wetin musa no go see for gate
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by yorke1: 5:52am On Nov 13, 2020
Imagine the only hope of the common man. They still want to levy it.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by ivandragon: 5:58am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Oil prices are low

So the taxes go up

Yes, I know, Yahaya bello is a useless governor....but in times like this, when oil prices are chronically low, states have to raise cash,

OR.....they take more loans, and more loans.

The bread levy is in order. Harsh....but in order. Because I don't think Nigeria can't think of taking more loans.

There are certain basic commodities/products that should not be subjected to 'unreasonable' tax increase & bread is one of them especially considering the rate of poverty in this country.

What the government at all levels should be focused on is increasing the tax net, that is the number of tax payers, rather than the tax fee.

Also, cost of governance needs to be drastically cut especially at the level of expenses incurred by political appointees...
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Jonasbadoo2(f): 5:58am On Nov 13, 2020
Whiteshield:

Ikpeazu is not there, Anambra Governor is not there. But you put Ganduje and Sanwo-Olu.

By the way, I see you didn't mention Wike. He has put the fear of God in our dear people.
what of Dapo Abiodun the most useless governor in Nigeria? what of Tinubu's nephew in osun state? Tribal bigot

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by AWhy101(m): 6:01am On Nov 13, 2020
The government will be collecting tax for everything, yet they will not provide enabling environment for businesses to thrive. Have the government provided constant electricity for these baking companies? cry

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by EgunMogaji2: 6:06am On Nov 13, 2020
I not opposed to this and I think most won’t be opposed to it if the revenue collected goes directly to community infrastructure development.

We don’t pay tax here in Nigeria and we need to.

But we’ve got to plug the holes first.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by 4four(m): 6:08am On Nov 13, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
List of some useless state governors:
Enugu governor
Imo governor
Lagos governor
Kogi governor
Kano governor
Delta governor
Bayelsa governor

that is like the whole Igbo states

Too harsh grin
this list is fake if you do not include Ogun State, the present governor is jst like buhari, wey be say na only dept we de see we no de see development, and this is one of the state with highest IGR in Nigeria
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by ecclize: 6:11am On Nov 13, 2020
Nigeria Government is trying hard to see everybody naked on the street...

what such of fuk*ry idea is this?
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by LordofAnarchy: 6:22am On Nov 13, 2020
First Kaduna, Now Kogi.

Where Is Next?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Violence Erupts Outside Oba Elegushi Palace, Ballot Boxes Snatched / Is The Conversation Of Peter Obi & Oyedepo A Deepfake? Fact-Check By FIJ / Imo Is Capital Of Drug Abuse In Southern Nigeria –NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.