Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,430 members, 7,857,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax (40180 Views)

Bread Levy Is Not For Indigenous Bakers- Yahaya Bello / Kogi Bread Levy/Tax: Yahaya Bello Turning Bread Into Stone – Shehu Sani / Sanwo-Olu Suspends Bamidele Balogun For Imposing 5% Levy On Digital Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Zamsod(m): 6:28am On Nov 13, 2020
Oh my God! Who we offend 4 dis Kontri? Everyday na one bad news to another.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by nabiz(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Oil prices are low

So the taxes go up

Yes, I know, Yahaya bello is a useless governor....but in times like this, when oil prices are chronically low, states have to raise cash,

OR.....they take more loans, and more loans.

The bread levy is in order. Harsh....but in order. Because I don't think Nigeria can't think of taking more loans.
your own mum.u pass yaya bello. So there is no any other source yaya bello can generate revenue in kogi and at the same time creat job. What stop state governments from going into farming or in partnership with farmers to generate revenue. If he can't look for another source of generating revenue let him reduce cost of governance in his state

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by onyxo76(m): 6:35am On Nov 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I not opposed to this and I think most won’t be opposed to it if the revenue collected goes directly to community infrastructure development.

We don’t pay tax here in Nigeria and we need to.

But we’ve got to plug the holes first.
but surely not on bread, the materials and ingredients are already a burden on the bakers, maybe we would be buying a loaf for 1000 soon if all these taxes continue, bakeries close down, and more people become jobless.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 13, 2020
Interesting grin
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 6:41am On Nov 13, 2020
nabiz:
This is what you get when you make an illiterate a minister fo commerce and industry. Have these people lost all ideas on how to generate a revenue or what. Nigeria is blessed with many resources that are yet to be tapped and the are looking for 10 naira levies from bread. Let me tell that governor the possible effect of taxing a loaf of bread. When you add 50 naira to a bread that is sold at 250 naira, the burden will be transferred to the consumer and the consumer will now change his demands, may be to bond. What do you think will happen? The Baker will close the business and unemployment will increase. The company possibly pay cooperate tax, pay value added tax on the materials and now you want the to pay additional taxe on a loaf of bread. The problem is not even about paying the levies but can they account for it. The problem is 80% of our leaders are full time politicians and never own a shop. Look at president Buhari, he has never managed a kiosk for his life upon all the money he has, how will he manage Nigeria
Instead of going after Osun and Zamfara's gold, they prefer to make the common man suffer further.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by nabiz(m): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
I not opposed to this and I think most won’t be opposed to it if the revenue collected goes directly to community infrastructure development.

We don’t pay tax here in Nigeria and we need to.

But we’ve got to plug the holes first.
who told you we dont pay tax lol. Na so the government love us. Let me tell you as you a buying something in the market even recharge card you are paying tax. It is called value added tax. U pay it indirectly without knowing. The actual cost of 100 naira credit is not 100 naira. The network providers are collecting small small money from you to give to government

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 6:44am On Nov 13, 2020
Kamdil:
First it was Hell-rufire in Kaduna imposing #1000 levy on every residence of Kaduna. Now Bello followed suit. And this 2 States are APC states.

Of a truth, APC is evil
Yes, instead of Restructuring they prefer to tax the people further . There is gold in Osun and Zamfara but the hatred for ND won't allow them do anything that will affect other natural resources.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Eraddray(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2020
level of hardship in nigeria in the past is like preparing lipton with milk, very light, but the present day government keep adding milo and making it thicker, but they have forgotten even milo at the higest point of sweetness will taste bitter due to the cocoa used in it processing,i will soon be bitter for the government
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by infini771: 6:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Abeg I go join the next protest/revolution. Someone should just lead us.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 6:47am On Nov 13, 2020
baby124:
Bread is the most basic food for the poor man. Yeye Bello, the poor will eat you alive very soon. Don’t worry, you think you are wicked? When you see wickedness that’s comes with hunger you will beg God to take your life. You think your hired assassins will save you?
They want to make bread a luxury, there are addictive substances they could have taxed to generate igr but it is bread the want to tax.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2020
infini771:
Abeg I go join the next protest/revolution. Someone should just lead us.
Lol.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 6:53am On Nov 13, 2020
Yankee101:
Nigerian governments are getting desperate

Oil won't save nigeria, ideas will
They clearly lack workable ideas. Oil prices are low but they do not want to touch other natural resources like gold that's in Zamfara and Osun. Adeboye adviced Buhari on restructuring and he termed it a threat he won't succumb to. We are trapped.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2020
Ikea81:
I just dey laugh. The country is broke and can't run for another 2years. They have looted the country to it's bones.....soon and very soon all these politicians will run, the ones that can escape we have his head used to play ball on the streets of Nigeria. Go mark my words.
God has used covid travel restriction to trap them but Nigerians aren't sensitive. I was expecting the anger on police during the protest to be directed at politicians killing the country.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by OlujobaSamuel: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2020
This is illegal. How can state be charging a consumption tax again despite the vat that is being charged.
Also, we need to challenge all these tax laws before other states starts same. The AGF is useless, if not he is the one that ought to challenge this.
Lagos State will start same if this should be unchallenged, then, it won't just be bread, it will cover virtually all things we buy.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Zetty177x: 6:58am On Nov 13, 2020
nabiz:
This is what you get when you make an illiterate a minister fo commerce and industry. Have these people lost all ideas on how to generate a revenue or what. Nigeria is blessed with many resources that are yet to be tapped and the are looking for 10 naira levies from bread. Let me tell that governor the possible effect of taxing a loaf of bread. When you add 50 naira to a bread that is sold at 250 naira, the burden will be transferred to the consumer and the consumer will now change his demands, may be to bond. What do you think will happen? The Baker will close the business and unemployment will increase. The company possibly pay cooperate tax, pay value added tax on the materials and now you want the to pay additional taxe on a loaf of bread. The problem is not even about paying the levies but can they account for it. The problem is 80% of our leaders are full time politicians and never own a shop. Look at president Buhari, he has never managed a kiosk for his life upon all the money he has, how will he manage Nigeria

For me, I avoid will buying bread

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Zetty177x: 6:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Zetty177x:

For me, I will avoid buying bread

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sibrah: 7:00am On Nov 13, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
This is illegal. How can state be charging a consumption tax again despite the vat that is being charged.
Also, we need to challenge all these tax laws before other states starts same. The AGF is useless, if not he is the one that ought to challenge this.
Lagos State will start same if this should be unchallenged, then, it won't just be bread, it will cover virtually all things we buy.
They started with church and people didn't see the evil, now they want to face the populace directly. Taxing same income or product twice is evil.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Zetty177x: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2020
Oshiomole, u lucky say youths forget u during end SARS. See people u rigged in

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Sonoyom(m): 7:04am On Nov 13, 2020
Kogi Governor that has not paid salaries of workers is collecting levy on every loaf of bread. This is just too much.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by mywells: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2020
This korn tree,zoo,which one should we call it, breads again to be taxed,
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by juman(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2020
Wickedness of highest order.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by obicmag(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2020
Yahoo Bello or yahoo yahoo.One day u will extend ur IGR to every adult excreta. Bunch of visionless magas.
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by expliciit: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2020
Am not surprised, what do you expect from a failure like Bello, I have been saying it, most thread i comment is hidden
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by Ohizman73(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2020
hmmmm make dem no vex the populace. na rising cost of bread na im start revolution for france or so oh

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by membranus: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Oil prices are low

So the taxes go up

Yes, I know, Yahaya bello is a useless governor....but in times like this, when oil prices are chronically low, states have to raise cash,

OR.....they take more loans, and more loans.

The bread levy is in order. Harsh....but in order. Because I don't think Nigeria can't think of taking more loans.

So the next thing is to raise tax on bread, the most common food item on a poor man's table across the world?

Tell me in which country have you ever see this being done without the country set on fire?

Hope you are ok?
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by mobi99(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2020
when I tell people that this administration is the worst government ever they think it was out of regional sentiment.. but thank God its all playing out little by little.. imagine after leaving us in lockdown for months of no or little income, they same government hoard our palliatives made for the people, right now planned on imposing tax abi Levy still on the same people who has been suffering to make earnings... this is so disheartening and preposterous that the same people we elected to serve us, to lift us from poverty, to make life easy for us are the same people making life tough,thereby increasing suffering with these harsh economic and political policies which have never benefit the people of the state... but am glad everyone in this state witnessing the rate of hardship and suffering going on in logo state.... by 2023 let's use our pvc's to correct the mistakes we have made, don't look at party name, religion or tribe. our watchword should be credibility, competency, accountability and tranperancy the candidate is.. let's stop the selling of our vote just because of bag of rice that will only last for months and leave us in slavery, hunger and agony for 4-8 years. we want a better state/country where every economic policies is targeted at improving the lives of an average kogisians /Nigeria. the same goes to everyone in every state
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by EgunMogaji2: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2020
nabiz:
who told you we dont pay tax lol. Na so the government love us. Let me tell you as you a buying something in the market even recharge card you are paying tax. It is called value added tax. U pay it indirectly without knowing. The actual cost of 100 naira credit is not 100 naira. The network providers are collecting small small money from you to give to government

Trust me, you don’t pay tax, you just think that you do.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by WASLAM: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2020
grin grin grin

These people sha want to legitimately kill so that we die of poverty

who cursed this nation
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by EgunMogaji2: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2020
onyxo76:
but surely not on bread, the materials and ingredients are already a burden on the bakers, maybe we would be buying a loaf for 1000 soon if all these taxes continue, bakeries close down, and more people become jobless.

We should be paying tax on everything. But plug the holes first.

The bread people will enjoy good roads so they’re not giving their vehicles all the time.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by 2cribz: 7:22am On Nov 13, 2020
Must we ear bread,hughest pancakes. Forget bread or u do eggroll 10 chop am as breakfast
Re: Kogi State Bread Levy/Tax by jrusky(m): 7:27am On Nov 13, 2020
Nice one. Yeye Bello pls more levy I beg you in the name of God. We told them to vote that nonsense guy out but they refused.

I remember 2 particular guy here from Kogi that attacked me and said Yeye Bello is the best governor in Kogi.

So let Yeye Bello put levy on any pair of shoe anybody buy in Kogi, levy any new clothes they buy, levy tomatoe and pepper and pls levy the air they breath infact he should levy the ground they are walking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling / Nyesom Wike Being Guided From A Car (Pictured) / Ifeanyi Ubah Stopped By Traders From Campaigning At Alaba Market: Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.