Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,697 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens (626 Views)

One Simple Question For All Nnamdi Kanu Biafran Supporters / Boko Haram: I Killed Many I Was Shot On Purpose By My Fellow Soldier- Ex Soldier / We Are Not Tapping Telephone Lines Of Nigerian Citizens - DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 6:36am On Nov 17, 2020
Now that the protest is calm and no changes has been made
Protesters accounts freezed and dragged to court just for crying out their pains
Can't the citizens unite and make a simple request and have it done which is actually gonna be the end of all these sufferings and killings ?

Question: how about protesting against the entire politicians and asking them to resign not just buhari alone and have Nigeria reformed

Mali that's not even close to comparison with Nigeria had it done ,
Algeria did it to mention a few
Why can't we just have that done once and for all , or is there any consequences that comes with it ?
Pls I just wanna know cuz this country is now worse that Pakistan and Nepal

Modified[/color]

[color=#000000]

@lalasticlala
@iLegendd
@Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by CodeTemplar: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2020
You are assuming all men are wise and exposed like you. An error that is.
During endsars protest, some people who had started or sympathized with a terror group because of police brutality in the past, said SARS should continue their brutality.

Once some mallam tell them your mass resignation protest is sponsored by America or christian dominated, they will ditch your protest and infiltrate it to spite you.
We are too divided to do anything meaningful together. What we have is a domination and conquest war being executed internally as democracy. Some people control the army, who in turn maintain all the strategic control needed to bend the society to do what the controllers of the army want.

9 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 6:53am On Nov 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:
During endsars protest, some people who had started or sympathized with a terror group because of police brutality in the past, said SARS should continue their brutality.

Once some mallam tell them your mass resignation protest is sponsored by America or christian dominated, they will ditch your protest and infiltrate it to spite you.
We are too divided to do anything meaningful together. What we have is a domination and conquest war being executed internally as democracy. Some people control the army, who in turn maintain all the strategic control needed to bend the society to do what the controllers of the army want.

To crown it up, we lack unity

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by PlayerMeji: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2020
It will happen... Very soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 7:17am On Nov 17, 2020
PlayerMeji:
It will happen... Very soon.

I hope and pray it does cuz we're so dead in the country in every aspect

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by RealLordZeus(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2020
The #Endsars protest is a brave and highly commendable one, but the aim is too low, as in ordinary SARS which is just a bit of the enormous prob facing this country, now they have scrapped SARS but the police are stealthily returning to the highways, the politicians are still cashing out, civil servants are still stealing with pens, crime rate on the rise, fraud is now a competition, light in my area these past few days has dwindled, petrol is 170, unemployment is still there all the SME fund being rolled out are not felt by the ppl that need... Just too much ish

The Govt is also wiser, so forget about anything peaceful protest, I will not advocate for violence but its what it is

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Blakjewelry(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2020
Dreyton36:
Protesters accounts freezed and dragged to court just for crying out their pains
Can't the citizens unite and make a simple request and have it done which is actually gonna be the end of all these sufferings and killings ?

Question: how about protesting against the entire politicians and asking them to resign not just buhari alone and have Nigeria reformed

Why can't we just have that done once and for all , or is there any consequences that comes with it ?

Modified[/color]

[color=#000000]

@lalasticlala
@iLegendd
@Mynd44
Well you can just hold protest and ask an assumed Democratically elected president to resign as it is assume we all voted and gave him the authority to rule. So I believe the right fight is to ask for a referendum. The people have the right to ask for what is their right but it must be done in a sane manner

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2020
Blakjewelry:

Well you can just hold protest and ask an assumed Democratically elected president to resign as it is assume we all voted and gave him the authority to rule. So I believe the right fight is to ask for a referendum. The people have the right to ask for what is their right but it must be done in a sane manner

But with a country with tribalistic people, there can't be unity to have it done
Some set of people will still be bribed to do dirt
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 9:50am On Nov 17, 2020
RealLordZeus:
The #Endsars protest is a brave and highly commendable one, but the aim is too low, as in ordinary SARS which is just a bit of the enormous prob facing this country, now they have scrapped SARS but the police are stealthily returning to the highways, the politicians are still cashing out, civil servants are still stealing with pens, crime rate on the rise, fraud is now a competition, light in my area these past few days has dwindled, petrol is 170, unemployment is still there all the SME fund being rolled out are not felt by the ppl that need... Just too much ish

The Govt is also wiser, so forget about anything peaceful protest, I will not advocate for violence but its what it is

Talking about electricity, we've not had light for over 2 months in our area, nothing works in this country Bros
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 10:54am On Nov 17, 2020
Dino melaye gifting his 11yrs old daughter a Lamborghini worth a fortune
Imagine how much will be stored in that little girl's aza
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by lionshare: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2020
Work in progress.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Blakjewelry(m): 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dreyton36:

But with a country with tribalistic people, there can't be unity to have it done
Some set of people will still be bribed to do dirt
The would have be a perfect avenue but Las Las it was directionless. Maybe it just gives the Nigerian youth the satisfying feeling that we also can join force and match and with a defined purpose

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by XANDERO85: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Spot on!

I always posit that a revolution can’t happen in Nigeria....certainly not one that has the backing of the entire regions of the country! The owners of Nigeria will always infiltrate and find a few greedy sabos to scatter proceedings.....or they will appeal to the ethno-religious sentiments of their own people and tag it a ‘coup’ by the rest of the country to unseat their son, and from then onwards it’s downhill into oblivion! shocked

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:

XANDERO85:

Spot on!

I always posit that a revolution can’t happen in Nigeria....certainly not one that has the backing of the entire regions of the country! The owners of Nigeria will always infiltrate and find a few greedy sabos to scatter proceedings.....or they will appeal to the ethno-religious sentiments of their own people and tag it a ‘coup’ by the rest of the country to unseat their son, and from then onwards it’s downhill into oblivion! shocked

Back in 2012, during the anti-fuel subsidy protest, protests happened in the North and the South West. No protests happened in the SE and SS because the people there saw it as a THREAt TO their son.

Same thing happened in 2016 with the BIAFRA PROTESTS.....

Same thing is happening now.

The EDSARS protest started well, but then by the third day it became all about unseating bubu. No more about ENDSARS.(For the record, I too want Bubu and Apc out.)

That was percieved by the North as a THREAT....to their interests.. They reacted by refusing to join. (And it is not that the North does not have police brutalITY....they do. Right now KaNO IS TENSE...two young innocent men got shot.)

The reason why you Nigerians don't have revolution...is because you guys love to get your share of the national cake.

If this protest was happening under a sOUTHERN president, and North was chanting ENDSARS today AND southern president out tomorrow....would you join?

Nigeria's problem is not tribal, or reigion on the North or the South. It is the idea that your son must be in power so that you can enjoy. That view is why Northerners are keeping quiet aBOUT police brutaLITY...becaUSE the suffering is worth their son staYING IN power. That's why the SS aND se KEPT quiet under GEJ....becaUSE the suffering of corruption was worth Their son staYING IN POWER....

That is why the endsaRS PROTEST failed. It was no longer about reforming the police..it was about changing power on terms favourable to the South.....just as the occupy Nigeria PROTEST became one of the vheicls used to bring Bubu aND THE nORTH into power....with zero change.

Either way, Nigeria SUFFERS.
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dreyton36:

Modified[/color]

[color=#000000]

@lalasticlala
@iLegendd
@Mynd44

Dead country you mean.
It is difficult because in Nigeria there is high levels of illiteracy and a lot of Nigerians do not want to move forward they are happy suffering. I have seen this from Nigerians in the Europe and America they will tell you it is better with both for ourselves and suffer even if the person can do nothing for us let us suffer it is better that way this is what Nigerians tell you in developed countries. It is not the government in Nigeria the Citizens do not want to progress anything good they will destroy it and go and follow a criminal

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:

In Nigeria the biggest problem we are facing from all state is illiteracy. The illiteracy rate in Nigeria is just too high and the country cannot move forward. Today over 95% of Nigerians say it is better to suffer that for you to bring change. I have seen this with Nigerians all over the world so far it is no problem for them in front they are more happy. Some days ago we opened a trade here and started discussing how to get Nigeria working and most of the people said no we are happy where we are just look at some of their comment and you shall know there is a serious problem in this country. Once you want to make the country work Nigerians must destroy it they do not want any progress they do not want any development.

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Dead country you mean.
It is difficult because in Nigeria there is high levels of illiteracy and a lot of Nigerians do not want to move forward they are happy suffering. I have seen this from Nigerians in the Europe and America they will tell you it is better with both for ourselves and suffer even if the person can do nothing for us let us suffer it is better that way this is what Nigerians tell you in developed countries. It is not the government in Nigeria the Citizens do not want to progress anything good they will destroy it and go and follow a criminal

In that way we can't move forward
God almighty bless Nigeria
Our biggest problem is Tribalism and religion
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
Blakjewelry:

The would have be a perfect avenue but Las Las it was directionless. Maybe it just gives the Nigerian youth the satisfying feeling that we also can join force and match and with a defined purpose

I was shocked to hear Nigerian government spent about $2b to pray against boko Haram , naija sef don they fear me
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2020
lionshare:
Work in progress.

Progress under a president that can't boldly address the nation
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2020
XANDERO85:

Spot on!

You see those two things

RELIGION AND TRIBALISM

That's Nigeria's biggest problem and not even the government boss
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Blakjewelry(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dreyton36:

I was shocked to hear Nigerian government spent about $2b to pray against boko Haram , naija sef don they fear me
not surprised. That is what you get when people lack reasoning but run emotions and sentiments

1 Like

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dreyton36:

In that way we can't move forward
God almighty bless Nigeria
Our biggest problem is Tribalism and religion

Nigeria's problem is not really tribalism and religion it is more of illiterate. Most of her people no that Nigerian will do nothing for us but they will tell you let us go and vote and suffer if we are suffering it's no problem. I have said Nigerians in u.k. America and Sweden say like this. You find out Nigerians will only vote and support somebody which can absolutely do not think as they are suffering all over the world they are happy

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Dreyton36: 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Nigeria's problem is not really tribalism and religion it is more of illiterate. Most of her people no that Nigerian will do nothing for us but they will tell you let us go and vote and suffer if we are suffering it's no problem. I have said Nigerians in u.k. America and Sweden say like this. You find out Nigerians will only vote and support somebody which can absolutely do not think as they are suffering all over the world they are happy

God bless Nigeria
Re: I Have A Very Simple Question For My Fellow Nigerian Citizens by Perfectsouth(m): 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dreyton36:

Modified[/color]

[color=#000000]

@lalasticlala
@iLegendd
@Mynd44
good afternoon boss

(1) (Reply)

Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei / FG Orders Varsities To Suspend Academic Activities / Nepotism: Stop Stigmatising Buhari, Lai Mohammed Cautions Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.