Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,490 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival (28011 Views)

Naira: We Won’t Be Your Scapegoat - Supreme Court Tells FG, State Govs / Water Scarcity In Enugu - As Residents Scavenge For Water ( Photos) / Osinbajo Reveals How State Governments Can Tax Nigerians, Generate More Revenues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Coldie(m): 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
iLegendd:
Lol

I don't know why I keep praying and wishing for this our Niger Delta oil to run dry so that we can all suffer.

Nothing will be left for political thieves to steal and still complain of running out of cash.

I'm so f****** angry.

E fit no run dry but 10years from now wen electric cars take over, I swear e go bloody for us
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by obama30: 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
SocialJustice:
We don't need 20 years to see it. Covid had already devastated Oil. I don't see Oil going above $100 again.

I mean demanding for oil in next 20 years may not be possible unless country as Nigeria can still need it
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Midex88(m): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
grin

apatheticme:
This is 2020 oh!

By 2023 when this guy will be through with his tenure, Nigeria will almost be worse than 1983!

Never seen a more lacklustre economic team before, so clueless. The only economic strategies they seem to have is borrowing, lies and looting!

Only this administration recovered looted funds, supposedly got lots of cash from whistle blower policies, got abacha's loot several times, closed borders and started generating billions from customs duties and excise, removed fuel subsidy, increased taxes and VAT, increased PHCN bills, borrow from China, Brazil et al, yet still broke!

I salute the entire economic team in Nigeria, una do well grin embarassed
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by XANDERO85: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2020
Uyi168:
Nor be today yansh dey back.. embarassed

She’s using both hands which means she could be mixing eba!

2 Likes

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by justuschi50: 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Nigeria my country, the best is for this country to divide cos each region they claim sense too much
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by afroxyz: 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
PDJT:
-Why aren’t they drilling more crude from the Delta region to offset the bills? They need to be quick because the Westerners building the engines are serious about switching to mostly electric in about 10 years time. The electric engines are already everywhere.

When you drill where would you sell the oil, and at how much? Don't you know what's happening in the world?

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by yomi007k(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zenithpeak:

That's the punchline.....

This is yahoo yahoo on higher scale. Sweeping accross accounts of the citizens.... They won't even try it.... Awon ole oshi gbogbo.

Na wa ooo...thats why I try to chop good life and enjoy my money while I work.

I no fit slave for people to just chop.

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by afroxyz: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
BigBashiru:

Why are all African countries broke and most European States are not broke?? Coincidence??

European countries are also broke. Italy, Spain, Greecw and Portugal are heavily indebted. The ECB just approved another round of stimulus which would be given to member states. Earlier in the year they approved a $750bn bail out for European countries

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Reference(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
If an individual like me had concluded the ananlysis of all what we see today economically (and all what we will be seeing in months and a few years to come) since mid-february and taken the rght steps to mitigate the effects in my own little corner and business how much more a whole nation filled with experts and a goverment at their service.

But they don't care about good governance so I don't care how insolvent they get. I am pressing ahead with phase 2 which is a strategic study of where the end of the pit we have fallen into is. Where I can make a killing on cheap assets. Yes, I want to prey on the broke and stupid and the goverment has just raised its hand.

Since wide scale vaccine deployment is targetted for 2021 Q1 we can expect goverment to start crawling out of misery by Q2 on the back of crude oil recoveries. Hope to clean out before then.

4 Likes

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Goodman247: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Too much financial recklessness in Nigeria, they should cut down the size of government, the salary they pay politicians is too much.

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by BigBashiru: 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
afroxyz:

European countries are also broke. Italy, Spain, Greecw and Portugal are heavily indebted. The ECB just approved another round of stimulus which would be given to member states. Earlier in the year they approved a $750bn bail out for European countries

So why isn't Nigeria receiving African Union stimulus?
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by samdunzo: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
riroye3263:
abokis and their puppets in the south dont want restructuring. Why dont you want nigeria to split jejeli

splitting, although good in the short term, will likely end up being more harmful than beneficial. How will the countries that emerge from Nigeria survive? Especially when there are other countries who produce what the prospective countries would fall back on, and minerals that some countries have can be located elsewhere. Furthermore, the chaos that would likely ensue in the NE and NW would mean that refugees would be coming in bulk to the MB, SW, SE, and ND. Do any of these countries have the means to take care of what would likely be a massive influx of migrants? And how would we be able to differentiate real migrants to terrorists? So, a lot of questions to answer regarding forming new countries, which would take years, if not centuries, to solve. That's why the next best thing is to restructure to regional govt, which will bring governance closer to the people

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by PDJT: 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
afroxyz:

When you drill where would you sell the oil, and at how much? Don't you know what's happening in the world?

-No. I don’t know. Fill me in.

-I think the Delta oil resources should be exploited in full now crude is still selling ooo. To avoid regrets.

-“New cars and vans powered wholly by petrol and diesel will not be sold in the UK from 2030” - UK, Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Zenithpeak(m): 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
yomi007k:

Na wa ooo...thats why I try to chop good life and enjoy my money while I work.

I no fit slave for people to just chop.

This government will soon resort to head to head street tax collection as it were in the colonial era... Awon oniwe ori... I suppose you understand. Even the money in individual's pockets will be taxed without anything in return.

This government na 'isakole' master!
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by PDJT: 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
Elvictor:

a lot of oil well are untouched because of resistance oga.

-What resistance? Against a whole State/Country? Send in the boots, I say!
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by persius555(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
Government of bad policy
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by ud4u: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
inoki247:
Make them sell the country to people buying Iron Condemn now....

Na Everyday Bitcoin dey rise maybe they should convert our foreign reserves to BTC nd if e crash we go know say the President Bad Luck is Legendary...

You funny
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by 1030(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
The only way out is to sell Nigeria
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by valirex: 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
With all the borrowed money, what did they do with it undecided
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by chachanga: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Karlifate:
Now, they've turn to vultures & hyenas.

grin grin grin

Scavengers indeed.

You can see the unbelievable craziness of the insipid nincompoops in power and the abject hopelessness of their followers.

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by jonathanking1122: 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
cheesy[color=#000099][/color]this is it, i since Buhari is the minister of petrolium there has never being any form of accountabily *but wait* i need a parashoot becuse the pilot(Buhari) is dead and the it's about to crash
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by afroxyz: 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
PDJT:

-No. I don’t know. Fill me in.

-I think the Delta oil resources should be exploited in full now crude is still selling ooo. To avoid regrets.

-“New cars and vans powered wholly by petrol and diesel will not be sold in the UK from 2030” - UK, Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

The cost of oil does not make drilling profitable now. Even at $60, the rig count globally was still low. Plus you have oil producing countries trying to cut production rates to boost oil prices. Also if we drill now who do you sell too considering the fact that there are stockpiles due to the pandemic because there is less mobility?
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by bejeria101(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
They won't blame Gej and pdp as usual.

Awon werey
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
YouAreFinished:
How will the South East survive sad
Were! Ask your asiwaju.

What has national budget to do with your question? You should be banned for derailing thread and for provoking anger.

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by webizone(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
Zenithpeak:

That's the punchline.....

This is yahoo yahoo on higher scale. Sweeping accross accounts of the citizens.... They won't even try it.... Awon ole oshi gbogbo.
They won't try it, when they are already doing it.
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Ikea81: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
Will this be enough to even cover Nov salaries of senators, ministers and all dead govt agencies. Let me keep quiet and wait till December when the real scavenging will start.

1 Like

Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
iwaeda:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/broke-fg-state-govts-scavenge-for-survival/amp/

Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami and selling of people properties
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
viyon02:
Nigeria is under ocultic political system, where dark evil forces is in total control of our affairs: nothing good will come out it.

All our leaders are cultists and Janjaweeed
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Nigeriadondie: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
NigerDeltaIgbos:
I see no hope for Nigeria cry
Are you just waking up?
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Nigeriadondie: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
Uyi168:
Nor be today yansh dey back.. embarassed
Pls remind this book.
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by Uyi168: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2020
XANDERO85:

She’s using both hands which means she could be mixing eba!
They wrote rice.
And na for palour them dey cook
Re: Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival by themanderon: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
yomi007k:
THIS GOT MY ATTENTION.

"In addition, government will also seize available funds in the 45.57 million dormant bank accounts in commercial banks. It will then create an “unclaimed dividend and unutilised bank balance trust fund” where dividends declared and unclaimed will be held and used for the funding of infrastructure projects. President Muhammadu Buhari has equally given a six-month deadline for the disposal of all forfeited asset"

And when they are done stealing the money they will start seizing peoples money from their accounts. We have seen it before but they will never cut down on the billions they expend on themselves.
They will always make the long suffering people to suffer for all their years of criminality and profligacy.
A country where the leaders are hell bent on destroying it. Devilish agents from hell.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Wike Changes Permutations In PDP, Becomes Major Threat To Atiku / Wike Commissions Ultra Modern NBA House In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Crisis Looms Between Presidency, Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.