Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words (7884 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Governorship Elections: IGP Beefs Up Security In Rivers, Other Volatile States / Impeachment: Police Beef Up Security In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Anybaba: 5:13am On Mar 20, 2011
After reading through all these comments and the headline of how the President could not define job security, one is bound to ask a few reasonable questions, namely:
1. Was the President asked to directly define the term Job security in the interview?
2. If the answer to the above is no, and I believe it is a no, then what was the context in which the job security question was posed to the President?
3. what was the context of the above quoted 'reply' of the President?
These are questions that deserves answers from the fellow that opened this thread.
It is very easy to pick one liners, without a context, and elaborate it in a negative sense with the intent of maligning a person. Or better, we need a video clip of the said interview for those of us who did not get to watch the interview to understand the question posed to the President and the context of his reply. And those who jump on the bandwagon of insolence without watching the video clip of the interview to understand the question and the context of the President's reply are a let down both in thought and in behavior.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Anybaba: 5:22am On Mar 20, 2011
At the rate we are going, with the level of impudence that is exhibited by Nigerians, I can say without any shadow of doubt that we will succeed in not just making a mockery of what the office of the President of this country represents but would have exhibited to the whole world how indeed we have no regards for any constituted authority in the land. Responsibility is a two way thing, for the leaders and the led. We do not need to go further than Nairaland to see the irresponsibility of the Nigerian followership. And if leaders are a product of the larger followership one equally does not need to go beyond Nairaland to see why our leaders are irresponsible. Lets keep piling the insults, afterall it is Nigeria.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by frgy1: 6:06am On Mar 20, 2011
Anybaba:

At the rate we are going, with the level of impudence that is exhibited by Nigerians, I can say without any shadow of doubt that we will succeed in not just making a mockery of what the office of the President of this country represents but would have exhibited to the whole world how indeed we have no regards for any constituted authority in the land. Responsibility is a two way thing, for the leaders and the led. We do not need to go further than Nairaland to see the irresponsibility of the Nigerian followership. And if leaders are a product of the larger followership one equally does not need to go beyond Nairaland to see why our leaders are irresponsible. Lets keep piling the insults, afterall it is Nigeria.
Make we hear word jo.
Who is making a mockery of the office of the president if not the first family itself ? The wife goes around screaming umbllela ,and adding 's' to the word 'children' while the hubby call people rascals among other things. All in public !
What should we do ? Roll over and die ?
if all we can do is make jest of their misdeeds , we'll do just that.
But I don't believe he said that 'job security' thing. I don't think its beneath him either. Lol
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Ganjafama(m): 8:24am On Mar 20, 2011
Chai ! Beaf abi na u dey vex? where you dey now, dem dey finish your master for here O!
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Sagamite(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2011
frgy_:

Make we hear word jo.
Who is making a mockery of the office of the president if not the first family itself ? The wife goes around screaming umbllela ,and adding 's' to the word 'children' while the hubby call people rascals among other things. All in public !
What should we do ? Roll over and die ?
if all we can do is make jest of their misdeeds , we'll do just that.
But I don't believe he said that 'job security' thing.  I don't think its beneath him either. Lol

Don't mind the silly joker.

He is blaming us for mockery of Nigeria's Presidency. The office of the Presidency is not already one of mockery considering we spent about 2 and the half months without a President. Didn't know where our President was, not even knowing if he was dead or alive, and who signed the 2010 budget. And the Silverback Gorilla that was treated like a dunce by the First Lady and inner circle of Yaradua when given the powers of Presidency had no guts to investigate and fish out those responsible. The Silverback Gorilla has not help made a mockery of the Presidency? That is the person I AM suppose to respect? You must be having an effing laugh!

People open their mouths and chat shyt and think it is intelligent. Pisses me the F up!
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by dayokanu(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2011
Anybaba:

Ademumu occupying the seat of president is enough mockery to the position.

How can a former houseboy of Turai be the president of Nigeria
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Berrylomo: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2011
Job security means that after you have scaled through the probation period and you are now fully employed, you cannot just be sacked for no just reason. It means even if you misbehave, there are processes that have to be implemented like, verbal warning, written warning and the final warning before you can be sacked. Although there are exceptional actions which warrant immediate sacking of employees but in all, with job security you are sure your job is secure.
Even if the company decides to pack up due to several issues, as an employee you can be made redundant but with some money based on the number of years you have worked.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by mbulela: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2011
meanwhile Dbanj was busy nodding his silly head.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by newmusic: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2011
With different definitions of Job Security from everybody, It is now even more complicated to know the meaning of Job Security.

For the benefit of us that don't know the meaning. Can someone please define what is Job Security? or is it when I watch every moves and make sure my staffs don't embezzle my money? Lol.

Pls, what is Job Security?
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by mbulela: 10:20am On Mar 20, 2011
after all is said and done, please come out and vote else you will be forever damned!!
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by newmusic: 10:26am On Mar 20, 2011
Nice one berrylomo. Btw,did the President actually define Job security as
No 1 man GoodLuck Jonathan to D'banj " Assuming you r'e doing your job on stage, performing and we start hearing Gun shots outside, there need to be security from such situation as you perform. . . .
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by hardywaltz(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2011
This Nairaland people make una no kill me with laff! Kia
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by 9ijaMan: 10:32am On Mar 20, 2011
newmusic:

With different definitions of Job Security from everybody, It is now even more complicated to know the meaning of Job Security.

For the benefit of us that don't know the meaning. Can someone please define what is Job Security? or is it when I watch every moves and make sure my staffs don't embezzle my money? Lol.

Pls, what is Job Security?

Someone already did a fair job in describing what job security means.
In simple layman's time, job security simply refers to the extent to which your job is assured such that external factors (eg. drop in sales or revenue, loss of business) will have minimal effect on your job. I lay out two examples from the O&G industry. Employees working in the E&P companies have a relatively more secured jobs than those who work in the service companies. A Shell staff will be less affected by the fluctuations in the price of crude oil when compared to his friend who works for Schlumberger. Hence the Shell staff's job is relatively more secured than that of the Schlumberger guy.

The lesser the effect of external/internal factors have on the ability of your employers to retain you at your job, the more secured your job is.

That's what our president does not understand, and I don't have a PhD o!
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by bechex(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2011
9ijaMan:

Someone already did a fair job in describing what job security means.
In simple layman's time, job security simply refers to the extent to which your job is assured such that external factors (eg. drop in sales or revenue, loss of business) will have minimal effect on your job. I lay out two examples from the O&G industry. Employees working in the E&P companies have a relatively more secured jobs than those who work in the service companies. A Shell staff will be less affected by the fluctuations in the price of crude oil when compared to his friend who works for Schlumberger. Hence the Shell staff's job is relatively more secured than that of the Schlumberger guy.

The lesser the effect of external/internal factors have on the ability of your employers to retain you at your job, the more secured your job is.

That's what our president does not understand, and I don't have a PhD o!

Well said, I am laughing at all other responses, Goodluck no go kill person oh.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by jikings(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2011
Can anyone post a link to the interview? You tube or any website, Thanks!
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Pweety4me(f): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2011
That your being given a benefit of the doubt that no matter what happens you will get paid! grin
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by bidemi12(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
As an employer of labour: providing goods and services that people will always need, e.g Bill Gates's microsoft. As an employee: equiping yourself with all the necessary tools required to guarantee your job or migrate to other jobs when the time comes, e.g solid educational background or technical craft. the problem in the case of the latter is as human beings are too fracking lazy and are too comfortable in our situation. once we achieve what we consider as success or achievement we tend to let the foot of the gas and relax forgeting the world is fast paced and constantly moving. personaly i have noticed that the world is/has moved totaly towards technology which has prompted my desire to start a bachelors degree programme in computer science this spring. And guess what? i am 40 years old so it is never too late to aspire for more. Also the army pays for everything with a smile.  grin i wonder when the nigerian government will see that part of our success as a nation is linked to qaulitative education. fracking country. anyway back to the topic. In the case of an employer of labour it is just too damned hard to be one, not everyone is cut out to be an enterprenuer. but if you decide to drive towards that route then for God's sake please pick an industry people need.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by r231(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
;d :d
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Anybaba: 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't mind the silly joker.

He is blaming us for mockery of Nigeria's Presidency. The office of the Presidency is not already one of mockery considering we spent about 2 and the half months without a President. Didn't kow where our President was, not even knowing if he was dead or alive, and who signed the 2010 budget. And the Silverback Gorilla that was treated like a dunce by the First Lady and inner circle of Yaradua when given the powers of Presidency had no guts to investigate and fish out those responsible. The Silverback Gorilla has not help made a mockery of the Presidency? That is the person I AM suppose to respect? You must be having an effing laugh!

People open their mouths and chat shyt and think it is intelligent. Pisses me the F up!

And who are you to describe me as a silly joker? People like you who are so quick to insult are actually and in reality so low in thought and behavior. In reality your self esteem must be zero hence your knack to reduce people to your low level of existence in an attempt to make a point. I tell you, freedom comes with responsibility. If in upholding your freedom of speech, you do it irresponsibly by insulting the next person, maligning him/her, injuring him/her with spiteful words, then such freedom needs to be curbed and it usually is. That the President has not investigated the period of Yar adua's sickness is not enough reason for this odium that is thrown at his person. I make bold to still say that irresponsibility permeates this site, especially from characters like you and if this is a reflection of the larger society, we have no business hoping for a responsible leadership. If what Nigerians, as typified by your type, exude is irresponsibility then where will the good leadership come from. For every insult and invective you use, you are writing out your character; which through your words is debased and uncultured.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Sagamite(m): 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
Anybaba:

And who are you to describe me as a silly joker? People like you who are so quick to insult are actually and in reality so low in thought and behavior. In reality your self esteem must be zero hence your knack to reduce people to your low level of existence in an attempt to make a point.

Really?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LWKMD grin

Mr Psychologist, where did you get your Psychology degree? Ebute Metta Polytechnic?  grin

Anybaba:

I tell you, freedom comes with responsibility. If in upholding your freedom of speech, you do it irresponsibly by insulting the next person, maligning him/her, injuring him/her with spiteful words, then such freedom needs to be curbed and it usually is.

The dominant responsibility of Freedom of Speech is to make sense.

That is, use your brain to ratiocinate before giving an opinion.

If you find out that your ratiocination ability or dialectical capability is low, try and have some dignity, respect the right allocated with benefit of doubt and shut up.

It is better to be quiet and be thought a foool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Don't abuse that right by shenking that dominant responsiblity.

Not making good sense is more offensive than being maligned when you do not make sense.

Anybaba:

That the President has not investigated the period of Yar adua's sickness is not enough reason for this odium that is thrown at his person.

Here comes the education.

Please bring out your pen and notebook and start taking notes.

- If Retardeen Jonathan Goofluck cannot investigate and identify the people that held a WHOLE nation of 150m people hostage, humiliated the nation internationally making it look like an Agbalumo Republic, not even the more posh banana one, and violated and rãped the constitution (including signing off the national budget), then he is lame.

- After Retardeen Jonathan Goofluck's inability to do the aforementioned plus adding several other incompetence and goofs that makes his PhD award suspect, and he is still vying to remain at the top and determine the populace lives and future that is already frustrated, miserable and close to perdition, he deserves all the opium odium put on him. If he does not want the odium, he should move out of our way with his ineptitude that is contributing to destroying the nation and lives.

- Finally, I question your intellectual capacity if you do not recognise that THAT inaction and preceding actions of Yaradua and his cabal is the real mockery of the Presidency. You should not have a right to your own opinions. Fck that platitude. Shut up and stop insulting the privilege of Free Speech.

Anybaba:

I make bold to still say that irresponsibility permeates this site, especially from characters like you and if this is a reflection of the larger society, we have no business hoping for a responsible leadership.

I make bold and fcking imperiously arrogant to tell you to kindly STFU and stop chatting rubbish.

It is the inability of individuals like you to ratiocinate that is a reflection of the failures in Nigerian society that makes the country almost a failed state.

Anybaba:

If what Nigerians, as typified by your type, exude is irresponsibility then where will the good leadership come from. For every insult and invective you use, you are writing out your character; which through your words is debased and uncultured.

Most Nigerians are typified by your type in ratiocination due to our dilapitated education system.

That is why we have the leaders we have.

Your type votes for them, defends them and are even them or a replica of them.

Tell me what differentiates you from Alao Akala?
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by bidemi12(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

It is better to be quiet and be thought a foool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Sagamite you don start again. grin
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by ogzille(m): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2011
not being afraid of losing a job
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by damas11111(m): 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Though I hate PDP and I do not want GEJ as the next presido BUT I still doubt that he actually said this. If he did, pls give us a proof.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
bidemi12:

Sagamite you don start again. grin

I had to lay it down, mate. grin
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by EvilBrain1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
Job security is the degree of confidence you can have that you'll not lose your job due to matters beyond your control.

For instance, if your child is sick and you can't spend a day with him in hospital for fear of being sacked then you lack job security.

On the other hand, if you are a corrupt, incompetent leader of an african country with a bovine slowpoke for a wife and you constantly say senseless and embarassing things on national TV and yet you're still confident of being re-elected, then you have excellent job security.

BTW, will someome please post a link? I need to hear him say it for myself
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by leke999(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
i dey laugh!
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Tolulop001(f): 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2011
oga ju . . .

would never want to be in a battle of words with Oga Saga shocked
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by estatemark(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
As a lady job security is the fact that my boss is my bedmate  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin (BB2011  no regrets!)
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by rubydolly(f): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2011
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
if the president actually made that statement . . . shocked

shows wrong peeps are in power.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by deluxecad(m): 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
could some1 fetch the video pls. dis whole thing is gettin 2 unsettle moi. WTH!?

lack of average command in English language or he's just clueless? a good politician dat doesn't really have a clue about d question could've expertly dodged it.

shows like dis r supposed 2 be edited b4 airing 2 d public or better hav him know d questions dat'd be asked durin d session b4hand.
Re: Describe The Term "job Security" In Your Own Words by monopolist: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
Job Security is SLAVERY AND IMPRISONMENT.

It is Job behind Bars. Like puting a limit to human destiny.

Some people still hunt for PENSIONABLE JOBS IN THIS INFORMATION AND SPACE AGE!

Job Security is a little better than Bankruptcy.

Liberty is better. To be free is better than to be behind bars or in Jail.

Work Liberty is better than Job Security.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Is Power Supply In Your Area After Barth Nnaji's Resignation. / Military Treats Over 300 Mushin Residents In Free Medical Outreach / Beautiful Pictures And Video Of Akure, Ondo State Capital (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.