Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,355 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

The Fear Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fear Of God (849 Views)

Using The Fear Of Hell / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fear Of God by pastorjose: 4:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom to them that believes that He exists and that He is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Living in the fear of God means to live in the consciousness of His real existence, supremacy and love. Being aware of His greatness, power, omnipotence, omniscience and His omnipotence. When you live in the fear of God, you respect Him, you keep obedient to His word irregardless of the circumstances around you, you don’t care about what people say because you are conscious of whom the great God His.

When you live in the fear of God and then humble yourself before Him, He will promote you and make you a great star among many stars, the world will see you and call you the brightness of God’s glory, blessed of the Lord, your going out and your coming in will evoke the glory of God, you will never live an ordinary life again, because the same God whom you honor through His fear in you will perfectly honor you.

Consequently, when you fear God, you will eschew all forms of evil works, lying, stealing, smoking, fighting, night clubbing, gambling, exam malpractices, hatred, anger, lust and sexual immorality. If you fear God, you will honor God’s tabernacle which is your body, He says your body is His temple, then any form of pollutant should not dwell in and with you, pollutants like sexy and transparent clothes that reveals your private parts, cigarettes, alcohol, lies, anger, masturbation and killing. If these be in you, can God dwell in you. God is pure and spotless, as a new wine should not be poured into an old bottle, so will God not dwell in your distorted body.

Moreso, if you fear God, His love will be your heart desire, you will hunger and thirst for the fruit of the spirit which are love, peace, joy, humility, perseverance, obedience e.t.c. These will be what your heart will crave all the time, words that doesn’t glorify God will desist from your heart and mouth. You will speak in righteousness, holiness, truthfulness, meekness and love of God. If you don’t exercise the fear of God in your life, He will not do what He has spoken about you. Your life is more important to God than it is to you, His plans for your life cannot be defined by mundane words, I urge you be steadfast in His will and He will do His great work in your life in due time. He loves you, but your i don’t care attitude towards God makes it seem as if He is silent over your issues. Wake up from your self pride and pay homage to God.

Most importantly, if you don’t fear God, you can’t reign with Him in His wonderful kingdom. To truly show that you want to exercise the fear of God in your life, confess these words.
                  “LORD JESUS, IMPART IN ME THE FEAR OF GOD, REIGN IN MY LIFE AND BE THE LORD OF MY LIFE AND HELP ME TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS BECAUSE I BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD AND YOU TOOK MY BURDEN TO THE CROSS AND RISE UP THAT I MAY LIVE AGAIN. THANK YOU JESUS.’’
Re: The Fear Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
Why fear? Why does one have to fear God first, in order to do good and steer clear of negative acts? Why FEAR? You say, "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom". I say, it is the end of all wisdom.
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2011
@Jenwitemi; i am a muslim. but i need to ask you if you have ever experienced any fear since you became a person who factor 'God' out of you life?
please tell us what was the thing you feared and or what brought about the fear? how long did it last and how did you overcome it? will you feear something in the future? i hope you are not in this following situation, ever. amin.

suppose a gang of thugs cornered you on a deserted alley way, at night. imagine the had all sort of materials to commit mayhem on them.

one of them is playing russian roulette with you with a magnum in his hand. he put the trigger just resting on the tongue. will you experience any form of fear, especially when they are so many which prevents you from even thinking that you could put up a fight or try to run away, taking your chances that you may escape. one gun pointed is bad enough. what if they are at least a dirty dozen. how would you manage to escape or not to fear in concern for your life, considering that you have a beautiful woman and young babies waiting for your return?

now tell me, if you do not fear these people in that perilous moment, before it over to its expected conclusion?
Re: The Fear Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
No, i have never feared anything. Fear is not part of my life. And the only "god" that i factored out of my life is the fake abrahamic one in the bible, torah and quran.The god of these 3 desert religions is dead, in my view.
Sweetnecta:

@Jenwitemi; i am a muslim. but i need to ask you if you have ever experienced any fear since you became a person who factor 'God' out of you life?
please tell us what was the thing you feared and or what brought about the fear? how long did it last and how did you overcome it?

No, i will not fear anything in the future, either.
Sweetnecta:

will you feear something in the future? i hope you are not in this following situation, ever. amin.

No, i will not experience fear in such a situation if i do face it. The worst thing that could happen is that my head gets blown off and my body dies. What worse can happen than that?Jenwitemi does not fear death. I was here and i am no more. Happens all the time to multitudes of living beings. No big deal.

If i die, my beautiful wife and kid will have to face life alone and live on. That is life. Happens all the time. Whatever will be will be. Of course, if i see an opportunity to escape, i will take it, like any other person would. But if there is no chance, then it means that it is time to go. Shrug. What is the point in fearing what is going to kill you anyway?

You see, nobody can kill me. They can only kill my body, but they cannot kill me. That is why i am fearless. If i lose this body, i will immediately get another one some place else and resume living a new life. smiley

And as for "fearing" god, only fake gods need be feared. The true and loving God need not be feared, but loved. Love and fear do not go together.
Sweetnecta:

suppose a gang of thugs cornered you on a deserted alley way, at night. imagine the had all sort of materials to commit mayhem on them.

one of them is playing russian roulette with you with a magnum in his hand. he put the trigger just resting on the tongue. will you experience any form of fear, especially when they are so many which prevents you from even thinking that you could put up a fight or try to run away, taking your chances that you may escape. one gun pointed is bad enough. what if they are at least a dirty dozen. how would you manage to escape or not to fear in concern for your life, considering that you have a beautiful woman and young babies waiting for your return?

now tell me, if you do not fear these people in that perilous moment, before it over to its expected conclusion?
Re: The Fear Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
And what about you, sweetnecta? Are you into your religion out of fear? If so, how does it feel like to live in fear every day of your life within a religion of fear like islam? Are you afraid to die? If so, why?
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^ while you didnt answer my question, i shall answer yours, InshaAllah.

i do not have a sincere fear in anything but my absolute fear is in Allah.

so i know i'm under His Control, hence i'm not sincerely arrogant to turn to Him in reverence, seeking His Mercy, Forgiveness, Protection, etc knowing fully well that The Loving shall answer my supplication, running to Him with humility.

oo je jawo kuro ni nu aapon tio yooo. agba lo maa nda yi.
Re: The Fear Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^^ "Apon ti o yo" is on your side, not mine, letting arab people's mythological lies fool your poor african soul. You did not answer my questions, while i answered yours more comprehensively. I am inclined to throw you other questions, but you will most probably dodge them like you religiousheads do, so i'll just let it go.
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 1:08am On Mar 20, 2011
@jenwitemi; Please throw me your questions, inshaAllah you find me answering them.

[Quote]« #3 on: Yesterday at 11:32:15 PM »

No, i have never feared anything. Fear is not part of my life. And the only "god" that i factored out of my life is the fake abrahamic one in the bible, torah and quran.The god of these 3 desert religions is dead, in my view.
Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 08:52:43 PM
please tell us what was the thing you feared and or what brought about the fear? how long did it last and how did you overcome it?

No, i will not fear anything in the future, either.
will you feear something in the future? i hope you are not in this following situation, ever. amin.

No, i will not experience fear in such a situation if i do face it. The worst thing that could happen is that my head gets blown off and my body dies. What worse can happen than that?Jenwitemi does not fear death. I was here and i am no more. Happens all the time to multitudes of living beings. No big deal.

If i die, my beautiful wife and kid will have to face life alone and live on. That is life. Happens all the time. Whatever will be will be. Of course, if i see an opportunity to escape, i will take it, like any other person would. But if there is no chance, then it means that it is time to go. Shrug. What is the point in fearing what is going to kill you anyway?

You see, nobody can kill me. They can only kill my body, but they cannot kill me. That is why i am fearless. If i lose this body, i will immediately get another one some place else and resume living a new life. Smiley

And as for "fearing" god, only fake gods need be feared. The true and loving God need not be feared, but loved. Love and fear do not go together.

now tell me, if you do not fear these people in that perilous moment, before it over to its expected conclusion?[/Quote]you seem to have conveniently forgotten that you do not 'capability' to know everything that has happened to you from the time 'mama' delivered you up to this time? your ability to acknowledge the time of your birth up the time that you were able to recognize the fact that you are human and part of a structured family tells me that you are not sincere in your statements, above. in your early years, you must have experienced some fear, which you cant even remember today;

maybe when mom went to another part of the house leaving you alone in your crib, or you woke up with the familiar face of her next to you, or you feared the stranger that came visiting whereby you quickly ran to the assuring and comforting arms of mom to save you from the boggy man.

definitely, something in your life as an adult must have spooked you; a dreadful dream, maybe or something you created anxiety in your heart. you must be sincere to yourself instead of blindly denying the obvious.

and as to the scenario i put forward about, your reaction to is is similar to what is known as '. . . . agada owo dun bekoo'. even fela said to b re jo ma sare. maa ba ku ta tete o, maa sare. maa bejo sere o, maa sare'.

i dont think you are as daring as he was. and when the soldier boys came for him in the days, he feared, if only for a moment.

that was even oppressive condition of man over man.

now as to God the Holder of all Honors, the fear that I have of Him is deserving and just based on His Decree.

if an excruciating ever shot up from one part of your body to another part, you will experience the fear of the unknown consequence of it, before the relief from the pain. if a mere temporary condition in your body made you cringe in pain, imagine how deserving you should be of the Causer of the pain and the relief you experience? is there any Authority that deserves equal reverence in fear and love [hope] in that Majestic Authority?

note that pain and fear cant give you relief or hope. and relief or hope cant bring you fear or pain either. but God is the Controller of both.

and you not serious in your thought that you will get the different life. do you have a proof, since dont even know when papa and mama worked on your case, which resulted in pregnancy, including your ignorance of your early years? are you able to tell us what happen the afternoon of the day you turned 5 weeks on earth?

your knowledge is limited, typical in the case of every human. or are you certain of what will happen next year, exactly the time you will be reading this line, one year ahead? and what you dont know or refuse to acknowledge is 'fake' in your public persona. privately we shall not be surprised to hear you say 'oh my God'.
Re: The Fear Of God by yommyuk: 2:09am On Mar 20, 2011
Re: The Fear Of God by benodic: 7:06am On Mar 20, 2011
@ jenwitemi

No, i have never feared anything. Fear is not part of my life,

there is nothing so pleasing to behold as a soul who is fearless. if we know who we really are, then we will realize that there is really nothing to fear in life.

these are my thoughts exactly. God is love and love alone. you can not get close to anything you fear. but if you love something you will want to get closer to that thing and you will also want to do anything to please it.

For me i do not fear God and i do not fear anything in life. why? because i am soul, created in the image and likeness of God with all the qualities of God and God is my father. why then should i fear my father?
Re: The Fear Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2011
Thank you, benodic. You are a soul that knows what's up. It is good to interact with a being that is maturing very nicely spiritually. I don't even know where to begin with the rest of the people in here. Sweetnecta and the others are so far back, it is unreal. The Abrahamic religious faiths are such awesomely effective spiritually retarding devices. Amazing thing to behold.

I will leave sweetnecta and her fellow christian brethren to their state of development until they finally start catching up on their own volition. I'm out of here.
benodic:

@ jenwitemi
there is nothing so pleasing to behold as a soul who is fearless. if we know who we really are, then we will realize that there is really nothing to fear in life.

these are my thoughts exactly. God is love and love alone. you can not get close to anything you fear. but if you love something you will want to get closer to that thing and you will also want to do anything to please it.

For me i do not fear God and i do not fear anything in life. why? because i am soul, created in the image and likeness of God with all the qualities of God and God is my father. why then should i fear my father?

Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2011
@benodic: While i may excuse jenwitemi, you sir will have to argue with the Bible, that says you are a creation of God having His "image" [i wonder what is meant by this?] at the same time being His 'son' instead of being His servant, on one hand. I guess it is based on the above you said God is Only Love, thinking that those He will condemn to hellfire He will love as much as those He will admit to Heaven.

Still, on the other hand, the bible let us know that more righteous people than you fear God. I hereby below give you one of the people, so that you may learn something or just maybe you can put your own spin into it to give us a thorough explanation of what is the fear here other than fear of God?

Job was a perfect and upright man who feared God and eschewed evil (Job 1:1)

Perfect and upright man in the Bible should be a person who believes in God, keeps His Commandments and is sinless in this regards, considering that such a man is a prophet, an anointed man from God. Is Job who is said to fear Yahweh according to the verse above less than such a noble quality? If God was ever a father of anyone, is Job not supposed to be a son before you could ever be? If anyone was to realize that God is Only love, shouldn't Job know this even more intimately in greater detail than you ever can? Yet this very elect of God "feared" God to mean he was careful not to disobey Him.
Re: The Fear Of God by benodic: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
@ jenwitemi

Thank you, benodic. You are a soul that knows what's up. It is good to interact with a being that is maturing very nicely spiritually. I don't even know where to begin with the rest of the people in here. Sweetnecta and the others are so far back, it is unreal. The Abrahamic religious faiths are such awesomely effective spiritually retarding devices. Amazing thing to behold.

I will leave sweetnecta and her fellow christian brethren to their state of development until they finally start catching up on their own volition. I'm out of here.

i sincerely concur with you. i do not think it is worth it explaining anything to them because they will never understand for now.

what i know is that the closer you come to God consciousness the more love you develop. in that state there is absolutely no fear.

as par what was written in the bible about fearing God. you only fear what you do not know. the problem with the bible has always been that of interpretation. as the bible was interpreted from one language to another a lot of meaning was lost. that fear that was written could have meant respect.
i respect God a lot as i respect my father. but please i do not fear God or my father.

so like you jenwitemi i will take my leave.
thanks
Re: The Fear Of God by thehomer: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2011
pastorjose:

The fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom to them that believes that He exists and that He is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Living in the fear of God means to live in the consciousness of His real existence, supremacy and love. Being aware of His greatness, power, omnipotence, omniscience and His omnipotence. When you live in the fear of God, you respect Him, you keep obedient to His word irregardless of the circumstances around you, you don’t care about what people say because you are conscious of whom the great God His.

When you live in the fear of God and then humble yourself before Him, He will promote you and make you a great star among many stars, the world will see you and call you the brightness of God’s glory, blessed of the Lord, your going out and your coming in will evoke the glory of God, you will never live an ordinary life again, because the same God whom you honor through His fear in you will perfectly honor you.

Consequently, when you fear God, you will eschew all forms of evil works, lying, stealing, smoking, fighting, night clubbing, gambling, exam malpractices, hatred, anger, lust and sexual immorality. If you fear God, you will honor God’s tabernacle which is your body, He says your body is His temple, then any form of pollutant should not dwell in and with you, pollutants like sexy and transparent clothes that reveals your private parts, cigarettes, alcohol, lies, anger, self-service and killing. If these be in you, can God dwell in you. God is pure and spotless, as a new wine should not be poured into an old bottle, so will God not dwell in your distorted body.

Moreso, if you fear God, His love will be your heart desire, you will hunger and thirst for the fruit of the spirit which are love, peace, joy, humility, perseverance, obedience e.t.c. These will be what your heart will crave all the time, words that doesn’t glorify God will desist from your heart and mouth. You will speak in righteousness, holiness, truthfulness, meekness and love of God. If you don’t exercise the fear of God in your life, He will not do what He has spoken about you. Your life is more important to God than it is to you, His plans for your life cannot be defined by mundane words, I urge you be steadfast in His will and He will do His great work in your life in due time. He loves you, but your i don’t care attitude towards God makes it seem as if He is silent over your issues. Wake up from your self pride and pay homage to God.

Most importantly, if you don’t fear God, you can’t reign with Him in His wonderful kingdom. To truly show that you want to exercise the fear of God in your life, confess these words.
                  “LORD JESUS, IMPART IN ME THE FEAR OF GOD, REIGN IN MY LIFE AND BE THE LORD OF MY LIFE AND HELP ME TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS BECAUSE I BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD AND YOU TOOK MY BURDEN TO THE CROSS AND RISE UP THAT I MAY LIVE AGAIN. THANK YOU JESUS.’’

Fear is not the way to obtain a rewarding relationship. Do you live in fear of those that have some sort of influence over you? And, why do you think alcohol and wearing undergarments are pollutants? And from what you've mentioned, God should not dwell in anyone since at a certain point in time or another, one may feel angry lie or carry out some other activity that you seem to consider as sins.
Re: The Fear Of God by thehomer: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^ while you didnt answer my question, i shall answer yours, InshaAllah.

i do not have a sincere fear in anything but my absolute fear is in Allah.

so i know i'm under His Control, hence i'm not sincerely arrogant to turn to Him in reverence, seeking His Mercy, Forgiveness, Protection, etc knowing fully well that The Loving shall answer my supplication, running to Him with humility.

oo je jawo kuro ni nu aapon tio yooo. agba lo maa nda yi.

So it's due to fear that you do not go around murdering and pillaging? Is it due to fear that you honour your parents and siblings? Is it due to fear that you do not rob and cheat your friends?
How can a person both love and fear the same person? I think you need to reconsider your position.
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Thehomer; you are free to deny and or define the reason and or ethics of morality.

it is a common knowledge that if there is a law against anything, anyone who goes against the law has committed an offense that merits the punishment for the crime. do you not fear or get concern or fear your society coming down hard on you, punishing you for the offense, if you dare to disregard the rule of law?

let use an example of the lady pastor out of england who the britishers say is involved in modern day slavery. she is being sent to prison for something that will not even be notice on the rader in ekot epene, nigeria.

how about a christian man marrying more than 1 wife in germany and not keeping it under wrap?

how about a german question holocaust, publicly?

there are many more examples that will get you punished because this society or that has a law against it.

just imagine a person calling himself osama bin laden infront of the us capitol. that will get him punished for pulling such a simple prank.

people fear the repercussion, is the reason for not committing offense in the society.

if there is no law against indecency or nudity, some people are ready to be naked or put on the barest minimum and arrive at the cross road of the world that is the other name for times square.

if humans are concerned so much that they refrain from committing offense against the country that they are, only the most vile of conscience of persons will say, there is no God that will take account of my action, hence i do not fear Him, or God is Only Love and never should i fear Him though we hear of hellfire. what do you think hellfire is meant for; recreation place like St tropaz?

What is the purpose of your being here on earth? This is the question that you need to seek its answer as it is important to your hereafter.

i'm happy that Job [as] feared and love God.

didnt Jesus follow the same patter of fear and love of God?

didnt Moses?

If they didnt fear Him, would Moses not after stopped himself from going back, again and again to Pharaoh, the tyrant?

my man, dont be a tyrant against your own soul.
Re: The Fear Of God by thehomer: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Thehomer; you are free to deny and or define the reason and or ethics of morality.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here with the way you've used the various propositions in the above sentence.

Sweetnecta:

it is a common knowledge that if there is a law against anything, anyone who goes against the law has committed an offense that merits the punishment for the crime. do you not fear or get concern or fear your society coming down hard on you, punishing you for the offense, if you dare to disregard the rule of law?

let use an example of the lady pastor out of england who the britishers say is involved in modern day slavery. she is being sent to prison for something that will not even be notice on the rader in ekot epene, nigeria.

how about a christian man marrying more than 1 wife in germany and not keeping it under wrap?

how about a german question holocaust, publicly?

there are many more examples that will get you punished because this society or that has a law against it.

just imagine a person calling himself osama bin laden infront of the us capitol. that will get him punished for pulling such a simple prank.

people fear the repercussion, is the reason for not committing offense in the society.

if there is no law against indecency or nudity, some people are ready to be unclothed or put on the barest minimum and arrive at the cross road of the world that is the other name for times square.

if humans are concerned so much that they refrain from committing offense against the country that they are, only the most vile of conscience of persons will say, there is no God that will take account of my action, hence i do not fear Him, or God is Only Love and never should i fear Him though we hear of hellfire. what do you think hellfire is meant for; recreation place like St tropaz?

What is the purpose of your being here on earth? This is the question that you need to seek its answer as it is important to your hereafter.

i'm happy that Job [as] feared and love God.

didnt Jesus follow the same patter of fear and love of God?

didnt Moses?

If they didnt fear Him, would Moses not after stopped himself from going back, again and again to Pharaoh, the tyrant?

my man, dont be a tyrant against your own soul.

My point is that it is better to do something good because it is good rather than doing something good out of the fear of someone bigger than you punishing you for doing something bad. Actually, some of us have risen above the fear of punishment being the reason for performing good deeds.
I see no good reason for believing in a hell or a Moses
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 12:51am On Mar 21, 2011
^^^^^^ if thehomer didnt understand what i meant because of the way i used the too many proposition, i wonder if he will know fear when it reaches him? or will he not fall into doing things, out of not knowing that may bring him the condition that the fear that will come out of it will be too much to ignore?

let see if lightening is striking people left and right of you, in an open field. when they are dropping like flies, will you not fear that the next jolt may just be coming for you?

and lightening may actually herald the good news of hope for a believer; it say just bring the needed rain shower, while for others it blinds their eyes and deafens their ears. suddenly they have fear in their hearts.
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 2:06am On Mar 21, 2011
could any of you give me the purpose of your life?

why are you here?

i need proof. something that is logical [sensible].
Re: The Fear Of God by ladej(m): 2:26am On Mar 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

why are you here?

i feel my purpose is to help people. it could be in relation to careers, love, a kind word, a shoulder to cry on, or plainly listen.
Re: The Fear Of God by thehomer: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^ if thehomer didnt understand what i meant because of the way i used the too many proposition, i wonder if he will know fear when it reaches him? or will he not fall into doing things, out of not knowing that may bring him the condition that the fear that will come out of it will be too much to ignore?

Why don't you clarify what you were trying to get across rather than resorting to an emotional argument?

Sweetnecta:

let see if lightening is striking people left and right of you, in an open field. when they are dropping like flies, will you not fear that the next jolt may just be coming for you?

No I won't. The appropriate thing to do in such a situation is to avoid being the highest point on the ground.

Sweetnecta:

and lightening may actually herald the good news of hope for a believer; it say just bring the needed rain shower, while for others it blinds their eyes and deafens their ears. suddenly they have fear in their hearts.

And yet others, it may send them to their desired great beyond or just plain fry them.
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ladej; « #19 on: Today at 02:26:44 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 02:06:44 AM

why are you here?

i feel my purpose is to help people. it could be in relation to careers, love, a kind word, a shoulder to cry on, or plainly listen.[/Quote]the bold is neither a clear singular purpose nor anything noble about the purpose of your being here. your answer does not logically or sensibly answer the question. you say feel and could to indicate uncertainty in addition to being of too many purpose along with the illogical quality of your answer. i didnt say purposes and i want something that a logical person can relate to when he/she hears or reads it, put him/herself or somebody else into the logic of the statement. everyone of us have this singular purpose with any exception. your listed 'purposes' are at best byproducts of the singular purpose.

@thehomer; « #20 on: Today at 07:12:48 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:51:06 AM

No I won't. The appropriate thing to do in such a situation is to avoid being the highest point on the ground.[/Quote]true if your brain didnt freeze. Further the thought that your body may still get hit, if the wet floor runs the current to where you are laying or you are now surrounded will scare you which itself may induce fear in normal mind.

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:51:06 AM

And yet others, it may send them to their desired great beyond or just plain fry them.[/Quote]is there at least a fear in the heart of the person who may be fried here? considering when the frying is just about to begin. . . .
Re: The Fear Of God by thehomer: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2011
Sweetnecta:

. . . .

@thehomer; « #20 on: Today at 07:12:48 PM »true if your brain didnt freeze. Further the thought that your body may still get hit, if the wet floor runs the current to where you are laying or you are now surrounded will scare you which itself may induce fear in normal mind.

That may induce fear in others, but that would not be the emotion I would be feeling then. Especially when one understands that water and earth are poor conductors of electricity. This is the reason why trees burn when struck by lightning. Another thing to remember is that lightning is not just some beam thrown by Zeus at someone but physical phenomenon that obeys certain principles.

Sweetnecta:

is there at least a fear in the heart of the person who may be fried here? considering when the frying is just about to begin. . . .

There may be fear in some but I think it generally goes with ignorance in such situations.
Re: The Fear Of God by Sweetnecta: 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
pure water does not. dry land does not.

you hardly find such an ideal situation. further the most mundane can induce fear. that may just be the source disaster, just like a swimmer will perish in the water, whereas the same water is not the waterloo of a person who hardly swim.
Re: The Fear Of God by ladej(m): 1:25am On Mar 22, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@ladej; « #19 on: Today at 02:26:44 AM »the bold is neither a clear singular purpose nor anything noble about the purpose of your being here. your answer does not logically or sensibly answer the question. you say feel and could to indicate uncertainty in addition to being of too many purpose along with the illogical quality of your answer. i didnt say purposes and i want something that a logical person can relate to when he/she hears or reads it, put him/herself or somebody else into the logic of the statement. everyone of us have this singular purpose with any exception. your listed 'purposes' are at best byproducts of the singular purpose.

@thehomer; « #20 on: Today at 07:12:48 PM »true if your brain didnt freeze. Further the thought that your body may still get hit, if the wet floor runs the current to where you are laying or you are now surrounded will scare you which itself may induce fear in normal mind.

is there at least a fear in the heart of the person who may be fried here? considering when the frying is just about to begin. . . .
to each his own
Re: The Fear Of God by petphunt(m): 2:03am On Mar 22, 2011
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom. BERTRAND RUSSEL
Re: The Fear Of God by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 22, 2011
@Jenwitemi,
Do not be deceived!

Philosophy won't take you heaven!
Re: The Fear Of God by Jenwitemi(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2011
The christian doctrines won't take you there, either, cultey. smiley
cultey:

@Jenwitemi,
Do not be deceived!

Philosophy won't take you heaven!

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Says Kill Scorpions / 2012 Words For Nigeria: Before The Nation Changes, Men Must Change. / Message From God The Father And The Lord Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.