Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon (66791 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by armadeo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
stacyadams:
angry grin grin no mind those people arguing bout tracker,,them go buy iPhone fifteen dey borrow charger instead of buying charger..

Na so nigerians be.

Dem.can advice wetin dem no get the money to do.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by WilliamsDeGreat: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
blinking001:

You did the right thing. Lol

I swear lol na big for nothing tokumbo I come buy o. Rocking it now with no issues. If more money come I upgrade go spider
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Kaymaxine(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
You people should not worry yourself!!!
If na "bar" or club dem steal the car, all these religious gay go come here dey yarn rubbish!!!
Make her pastor spiritually track the car na,at least she pays tithe regularly!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by pacespot(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
0taPiaPia:

Then go ahead and get one. It's an extra measure and doesn't cost much. If there are other cars parked close to your I believe the thief would let your be and go for others cause of the extra job you have given them. grin

The pain of losing your car cheaply to a thief is not easy menh! Especially if you are not a politician who gets free money in this country smiley

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Alabule: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
One of the reasons I avoid Toyota
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Justjyde(m): 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sorry for the loss OP. I hope you are not stranded. Buy a not so shiny one for now and pray for its recovery. But... but.... Spare parts....
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
SatanBoss:
u people should stop it with this traking rubbish. how many cars in naija have trackers?
My got tracker
Very important
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by candyguyofficia(m): 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
ShenTeh:

At a point in time in this country, it was the 99 Camry (aka Pencil/Fish light).

Wicked people who want to reap where they have not sown.

Now that it is festive season they will now want to get all the money since January that they haven't worked for
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by candyguyofficia(m): 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
obami007:

It is hotcake because of its demand by people who wants to start cab hailing services

Like Uber and the rest
4plug. fuel efficient
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by candyguyofficia(m): 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chinny024:

My dear..From the enquiries I made at mechanic sometime ago, someone told me that the engine is also used as speed boat engine, may be that's why!!
I heard same as well
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by brownbib(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
And it shall not be sold by the grace of God �!
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by adedehinbo(m): 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2020
Aftermath of the endsars protest,armed robbers are gaining moral back while the police is demoralized
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by govomotors: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
They now convert toyota corolla engine into outboard speed boat engine.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Unrated900(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
stacyadams:
angry grin grin no mind those people arguing bout tracker,,them go buy iPhone fifteen dey borrow charger instead of buying charger..

True talk
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Unrated900(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
cynthia500:

lolzzz

Okay naa Cynthia 500 naira
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Controlv: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
The ownner should be flooged 10 strokes of cane. Why buy a car, especially Corolla if you cannnot insure? I will keep saying it that it is cheaper to buy comprehensive insurance than to have unnecessary headache, the peace of mind outweighs the premium. I learnt my lessons the hard way and never am I going to drive without comprehensive insurance.

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by kenfarm(m): 12:00am On Nov 24, 2020
How safe is steering lock?
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Miyo190: 3:23am On Nov 24, 2020
0taPiaPia:

That I can't say. But the key doesn't look like a regular key that can easily be picked.. maybe except the thief has all the time to saw through then again the stuff I believe is made of a strong metal but by then my car would be sounding it's alarm like an ambulance on emergency service cool ( infact for a vulcanizer to change my tire, I have to keep pressing unlock so the alarm doesn't go off ).

Boss please i sent you a message request, i want to inquire about your alarm system. Thanks
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by adubam(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
I use what my local electrician called 4 minutes in my car for N2000. This is how it works:

1. The car won't start unless you initialize the hidden button in the car
2. Once the door is opened should any body force you at gun or knife point; the car engine would go off after 4 minutes ( since they don't know where the button is to reinitialize the engine.

I have tried it many times on my own and it has not failed.

Beside comprehensive insurance still remains the best.

@Op, I pray that your in-law finds the car.

3 Likes

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by nymphomaniac(m): 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sad stuff. I hope OPs Inlaw finds the car. Odds are low but there is nothing God cannot do.

Kindly update us OP.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Ochari: 8:04am On Nov 25, 2020
Mad oooo
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by adubam(m): 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
Was this car found?
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by okoroemeka(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
femi4:
A car that's over 10yrs need no tracking device

Besides, you cannot track dismantled car
what the hell do you mean,we used Dtrack to install a tracking device on a tokunbo 1976 Mack R model,it cost #25k too install and it is not too much to secure a #4m truck and always know we're it is,if you are using a corolla and your car don't have tracking device you are just driving the car by the special grace of God,that car is the easiest to sell at a very mind boggling amounts,it attracts thieves like bees to honey,if you suffer and buy a car of more than #2m it is a bad idea to drive out of the dealership without a tracker.when our trucks load and move we know because the speed will drop,if they offload we know,if the truck stops or moves we know,even if a car is to be dismantled it will be driven to a safe area for butchering, within that time you realize that the car is Missing or it is snatched at gunpoint,even if your phone is taken,you can use any phone avalible even Nokia torch to send SMS to the tracker,pls be guided prevention is better than cure.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by okoroemeka(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
KingAzari:
What if they have removed the license plate and resprayed it? How would one identify it without you sharing engine number, chassis details and all?
it doesn't even need to resprayed,if your corolla is stolen in ado-ekiti,ekiti state and sold in orlu,imo state,how on this holy Earth can you locate it again.the probablity is 1 in 1 million.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by femi4: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2021
okoroemeka:
what the hell do you mean,we used Dtrack to install a tracking device on a tokunbo 1976 Mack R model,it cost #25k too install and it is not too much to secure a #4m truck and always know we're it is,if you are using a corolla and your car don't have tracking device you are just driving the car by the special grace of God,that car is the easiest to sell at a very mind boggling amounts,it attracts thieves like bees to honey,if you suffer and buy a car of more than #2m it is a bad idea to drive out of the dealership without a tracker.when our trucks load and move we know because the speed will drop,if they offload we know,if the truck stops or moves we know,even if a car is to be dismantled it will be driven to a safe area for butchering, within that time you realize that the car is Missing or it is snatched at gunpoint,even if your phone is taken,you can use any phone avalible even Nokia torch to send SMS to the tracker,pls be guided prevention is better than cure.
You and comprehension are parallel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Sport Car Made By Jerry Mallo From Plateau State (Photos) / See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.