Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,549 members, 7,843,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL (5027 Views)

[RAPTURE] Why God Can't Destroy Satan. / Why doesn't she Want A Second Round? / What Is That One Part You Will Change In Your Body If God Ask You Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Cerebellum: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
Since you're ignorant I will have to ignore you

Lol..Lol
Arindin is painedgrincheesy
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

So God allowed Satan to destroy his beautiful garden of Eden abi

There is nothing like allow, it was man who allow satan to destroy the garden because it was made for man by God. This earth was made by God for man to dwell. In Genesis 3:1-end you will see how God handed it over to man to govern and maintain. So it was man who allow satan to destroy it

1 Like

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by illicit(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Because there is no Satan....

1 Like

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by SultanOfPuna: 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
Gregorian2020:

There is nothing like allow, it was man who allow satan to destroy the garden because it was made for man by God. This earth was made by God for man to dwell. In Genesis 3:1-end you will see how God handed it over to man to govern and maintain. So it was man who allow satan to destroy it
So why didn't God tell Adam & Eve about his enemy the devil.
Why didn't God tell them like
Adam/Eve I have an enemy who is a serpent. He is manipulative and if he try to decieve you then run away.

Then if you create a Paradise, won't you employ security??
Will you allow any evil enter your fresh paradise.?

Can you build an estate and leave the gate open for thieves to come in and steal from your Tennant.
If Garden of Eden had angels guarding the entrance, they would have prevented devil from coming inside to destroy the paradise.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Prof0fficial: 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good is perfect. he gives every soul under his control FREEDOM! but leaves them to take responsibility and consequences of their actions.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Blackmiserable(m): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
As a man who believes in the absolute in the absolute sovereignity of God, I'll drop my 2 kobo.

However, I have to say this. May God forgive both the reader and writer for any harmful errors that have crept in.

That being said, you seem to be on the verge of discovering God and I can only wish you well. You didn't ask this in the religious section because your curiosity has gotten the better of you.

I would say, you really want to understand God and the problem of evil

But I have to say this. The fall of man is the will of God. God willed it else it could not happen. The situation surrounding the fall of man is not outside of God's power and restraints. God could prevent the devil from tempting Eve. Like Abimelech, he could, if he so wills, prevent Eve from commiting the sins of disobedience. Nothing, absolutely nothing is too difficult for God.

He allowed the existence of sin for his own glory. It is not unrighteous of you to do with what it yours and how much more of God.

He could elect some and reprobate others. He may permit one to be brought forth of devout parents and another to never know there's even different religions and sect. God is the standard by which we measure all things. It is not right because it conforms to certain societal standards, it is right because God says so.

There's nothing unjust or immoral about how God chooses to run the universe so you better humble yourself and accept God and all his ways.

God forgive us all.

Can I recommend a book?

1 Like

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by IamRichards: 5:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
Kobojunkie where art thou?
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by enuk80(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
So many questions about God without answers.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

So why didn't God tell Adam & Eve about his enemy the devil.
Why didn't God tell them like
Adam/Eve I have an enemy who is a serpent. He is manipulative and if he try to decieve you then run away.

Then if you create a Paradise, won't you employ security??
Will you allow any evil enter your fresh paradise.?

Can you build an estate and leave the gate open for thieves to come in and steal from your Tennant.
If Garden of Eden had angels guarding the entrance, they would have prevented devil from coming inside to destroy the paradise.

Satan did not force Adam and eve, he only presented a choice to them. Anywhere there is no law everybody is a saint. After the creation God knew that satan is not a threat to them, hence he gave them the protection against violence and gave them a law. It was the law satan also gave to them to see which choice they will make. They made the wrong choice by listening to the devil. Don't eat the fruit, if you eat the fruit you will die.
Satan came and said eat the fruit, if you eat the fruit you will not die but you will be like God. The choice was now theirs to obey and they choice the wrong person. It also happened to Jesus christ in Matthew 4. And it is still happening to us all on daily basis.
It was when they follow the devils voice the protection of God around them left. And they became living dead creatures. Normally we were not created to die

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by fineboynl(m): 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

Devil's rebellion from heaven happened before 7 days creation by God
But according to Ezekiel 28:12–17 It talks about Satan's rebellion and how God casted devil to Earth.
So how did God cast Satan to Earth when He has not even created Earth yet. Because the rebellion happened before the creation.
earth existed creation. it was just darkness and viod.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
enuk80:
So many questions about God without answers.
How can there be answers to questions based on careless assertions?

P.s. Nowhere in the Bible are we informed by God that Satan is His enemy.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
IamRichards:
Kobojunkie where art thou?
why did the OP see for to create this thread in, of all places, romance section?
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by wizdomnzube(m): 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
If you take that story book wen dey call bible serious den ur head nor dey function.

Humans believe that nonsense wen be say na human being like dem write am come tell dem say na holy book... I never see who gullible reach some humans.

See as OP drop questions with sense but watch how dis gullible people go come with insults and stupid answers wen nor go make sense to person wen dey think with he brain.

Abeg OP see ehn that man wen dem dey call god nor dey exist for any heaven because till today dey never give us any prove say the guy man dey exist except the stupid bible wen be say dem write. That shit nor be proof. So bro, there was no serpent or garden or Adam or Eve. grin
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrmezico(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
most times i see those religious boooks as a fairy tale. they said he's omini science; meaning he knws evrytin. if truly he knws evrytin as claims, why allow sapent to try Eve when he already knw dat Eve will fall d scam?
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by IamRichards: 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2020
Kobojunkie:
why did the OP see for to create this thread in, of all places, romance section?
The thing sef tire me.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by enuk80(m): 8:05am On Nov 26, 2020
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrscarter(f): 8:36am On Nov 26, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
I'm smoking weed and a very deep thought came to me.

Why did God allow devil to continue evil even after devil rebelled against God
Why didn't God destroy Satan immediately
And Most importantly
WHY DID GOD CAST DEVIL DOWN TO EARTH?? (Revelation 12: verse 10)

God created his Paradise "Garden of Eden" on Earth
And God still cast Devil to the same Earth where He created Paradise?

if you catch a thief
Will you cast the thief to live in the same compound with your family.
Or
Will you cast the thief far far away so he won't have chance to steal or kill your family??

Why didn't God cast Satan to an empty isolated planet like Venus,Mars Pluto where there are no humans there for devil to decieve and manipulate.

Why did God cast devil down to the same earth he created Paradise? And now devil then corrupts his Paradise by deceiving Eve.
Imagine if devil was cast to an isolated planet like pluto. While God builds garden of Eden on earth.
Then no evil influence will be there to decieve and corrupt Adam & Eve.

I think because he gave us free will.
He wanted us to choose him over Satan. He didn't want to force us to love him(or give us no choice)
Without evil how could we choose?
This way god knows who truly loves him of their own free will?
That's wat I think
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrscarter(f): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2020
wizdomnzube:
If you take that story book wen dey call bible serious den ur head nor dey function.

Humans believe that nonsense wen be say na human being like dem write am come tell dem say na holy book... I never see who gullible reach some humans.

See as OP drop questions with sense but watch how dis gullible people go come with insults and stupid answers wen nor go make sense to person wen dey think with he brain.

Abeg OP see ehn that man wen dem dey call god nor dey exist for any heaven because till today dey never give us any prove say the guy man dey exist except the stupid bible wen be say dem write. That shit nor be proof. So bro, there was no serpent or garden or Adam or Eve. grin

U don't need proof. That's the point.
U got to choose to have faith
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by enuk80(m): 9:35am On Nov 26, 2020
Mrscarter:

He wanted us to choose him over Satan. He didn't want to force us to love him(or give us no choice)
That's wat I think

If he wanted us to chose him over Satan, who is Satan then? This means there is more to Satan as compare to other angels in heaven. Man didn't cause the fight that broke out in heaven but we are the one who is affected today. Why should God give the earth to Satan and allow Satan to control the earth? When Christ came to redeemed us, Satan also tempted him and promised to give the earth to Christ if he bow down before him. This shows that Satan is the one controlling the earth. If so, Satan is more than an angel. Maybe Satan was also son of God just like Christ. Satan was never after God but after Jesus. He wanted to take the position of Christ
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
Mrscarter:

Faith, in Scripture, does not refer to the mental gymnastics that many your so-called pastors and preachers sell you. The word faiths used in scripture instead refers to a collection of all the work done in direct obedience to the commandments of God by those who believe in Him. Think of it as a bucket that can be filled in obedience or left empty -empty is a measure in itself.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Sezi4Christ: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

Going by your logic
God created Earth,moon,stars and planets first
Then rebellion happened abi?
So why did God cast devil to Earth
And still create garden of Eden in the same Earth where He casted devil to.

if you catch a thief
Will you cast the thief to live in the same compound with your family.
Or
Will you cast the thief far far away so he won't have chance to steal or kill your family??

Why didn't God cast Satan to an empty isolated planet like Venus,Mars Pluto where there are no humans there for devil to decieve and manipulate.

Why did God cast devil down to the same earth he created Paradise? And now devil then corrupts his Paradise by deceiving Eve.
Imagine if devil was cast to an isolated planet like pluto. While God builds garden of Eden on earth.
Then no evil influence will be there to decieve and corrupt Adam & Eve.

My brother, these are the kind of questions that many bible scholars can't give a grounded answer to.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by bigjackass: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Mrscarter:

That's wat I think
Then it means saying that God created all to be perfect in the beginning is a big fat lie. Because if they were truly perfect at creation they wouldn't have chosen Satan over him. They would have rejected the fruit immediately because they are created perfect and not capable of making wrong choices or disobeying
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Karlifate: 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

General Kobojunkie of the Religion section.

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
op pass me ur blunt pls,I want to be in the same cloud 9 and see things you're seeinggrin
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by wizdomnzube(m): 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Mrscarter:

This thing wen u just vomit now shey e make sense to u? How u go tell me to have faith for something wen I nor sabi or know about?

If u nor need proof, Well me I need proof to take am serious.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrscarter(f): 1:52am On Nov 27, 2020
wizdomnzube:
This thing wen u just vomit now shey e make sense to u? How u go tell me to have faith for something wen I nor sabi or know about?

If u nor need proof, Well me I need proof to take am serious.

Lol cos that's the meaning of faith.
Not knowing for sure but choosing to believe
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrscarter(f): 1:55am On Nov 27, 2020
bigjackass:
Then it means saying that God created all to be perfect in the beginning is a big fat lie. Because if they were truly perfect at creation they wouldn't have chosen Satan over him. They would have rejected the fruit immediately because they are created perfect and not capable of making wrong choices or disobeying

Yes but that's what free will is.
Having the freedom to choose.
It doesn't make us perfect so I don't know bout that. But I think being perfect before that means because we were without sin up until they chose to eat of the forbidden fruit
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrscarter(f): 2:02am On Nov 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Faith, in Scripture, does not refer to the mental gymnastics that many your so-called pastors and preachers sell you. The word faiths used in scripture instead refers to a collection of all the work done in direct obedience to the commandments of God by those who believe in Him. Think of it as a bucket that can be filled in obedience or left empty -empty is a measure in itself.

Like not just having faith n belief but practicing faith aswell. I get
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by ednut1(m): 2:14am On Nov 27, 2020
Once you start applying common sense and logic to religion e don be. Religion is pure bullshit

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Mrscarter(f): 2:15am On Nov 27, 2020
enuk80:

If he wanted us to chose him over Satan, who is Satan then? This means there is more to Satan as compare to other angels in heaven. Man didn't cause the fight that broke out in heaven but we are the one who is affected today. Why should God give the earth to Satan and allow Satan to control the earth? When Christ came to redeemed us, Satan also tempted him and promised to give the earth to Christ if he bow down before him. This shows that Satan is the one controlling the earth. If so, Satan is more than an angel. Maybe Satan was also son of God just like Christ. Satan was never after God but after Jesus. He wanted to take the position of Christ

Satan was the most beautiful angel in heaven. He was Musical I think.
Yes god let's him control the earth because his time is coming and Satan knows he will lose. He's just trying to take as many of man's souls dwn with him as he can.
Read revelations it will tell you of Satan's demise. It has a time and we do not know it we are to look for the signs.
End times. It can happen any moment. Only God knows of the time, not even the angels do.
I believe God let it happen this way so as to see which of us are good ppl which of us are evil. I think life is sort of a test for us so God can see if we love him n choose to have faith in him of our own free will and to see our choices n actions in life to see who does good works, who is a good soul or a bad soul, therefore worthy of eternal life or not. But honestly I don't understand because some ppl who are bad or who have made bad choices etc maybe if their life circumstances had been different they would of been a good person, made better choices n therefore are being judged for something they were forced into being.
I don't know how it all works I'm sure god is more compassionate than some ppl make him out to be.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Nov 27, 2020
Mrscarter:

Satan was the most beautiful angel in heaven. He was Musical I think.
Yes god let's him control the earth because his time is coming and Satan knows he will lose. He's just trying to take as many of man's souls dwn with him as he can.
Read revelations it will tell you of Satan's demise. It has a time and we do not know it we are to look for the signs.
End times. It can happen any moment. Only God knows of the time, not even the angels do.
I believe God let it happen this way so as to see which of us are good ppl which of us are evil. I think life is sort of a test for us so God can see if we love him n choose to have faith in him of our own free will and to see our choices n actions in life to see who does good works, who is a good soul or a bad soul, therefore worthy of eternal life or not. But honestly I don't understand because some ppl who are bad or who have made bad choices etc maybe if their life circumstances had been different they would of been a good person, made better choices n therefore are being judged for something they were forced into being.
I don't know how it all works I'm sure god is more compassionate than some ppl make him out to be.
You are again repeating a narrative that has absolutely nothing to do with Satan as described in the Bible.

Here's a tip! Always verify everything you hear or read.
Re: If God Is All-powerful, Why Doesn't He Destroy Satan ONCE AND FOR ALL by wizdomnzube(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mrscarter:

Lol cos that's the meaning of faith.
Not knowing for sure but choosing to believe
Well since u nor know for sure, why una dey always act and talk like una know??

Your god thrives on fear and gullibility of humans. Too bad!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ago Palace Women Will Not Put Me In Trouble!!!! / Best Way To Handle Trust Issues In A Relationship: / Question For The Ladies, Can You Date A Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.