Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon (24379 Views)

Customs Lists Conditions For Reopening Land Borders To Vehicles, Rice, Others / Ahmed Zainab: FG Spends ₦18.397 Billion On Petrol Subsidy Daily / Ahmed Zainab: Nigerians Should Expect Modest Increases In Taxes And Levies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Omooba77: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
The nation’s land borders that have been closed since August 2019 may be reopened soon.

The Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, gave this indication in an interview with State House correspondents on Wednesday.

Ahmed said the presidential committee set up on the matter had completed its job and had recommended reopening of the borders.

She said the committee would soon submit its report to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), following which a formal pronouncement would be made on the matter.

The minister did not, however, disclose when the report will be submitted and how soon the land borders will be reopened.

Nigeria had in August 2019 closed its land borders to curtail illegal importation of drugs, small arms, and agricultural products into Nigeria from neighbouring West African countries.
https://punchng.com/breaking-land-borders-to-be-reopened-soon-says-minister/

1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by ekkywolex(m): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
We Pray so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by nazicartel(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Seemed like a blessing when it was closed, never knew they had other motives... They closed our borders and opened there own

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by helinues: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
Wrong headline

Southern Land borders to be reopened soon

237 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Omooba77: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
Scientifically only Idi-Iroko border is shut....

16 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by mike8804: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
Buhari and his Almajiri economics...

58 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by uptimum123(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
That's definitely because of the AFCFTA that was recently signed/ratified and scheduled to start January 1

To all those thinking it would be business as usual at the borders when it opens, just know OYO is your name.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by inoki247: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Make dem open am u cannor lockdown the country Economy into recession and still lockdown the border...

I don miss my Adonko drink tongue shocked shocked shocked tongue from Ghana abg mak dem open am

9 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Omooba77: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
helinues:
Wrong headline
First time I see you writing the truth...

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good move

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
How soon undecided

I get one Waka for Ghana abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by careytommy37(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Senseless government

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by iokpebholo: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
helinues:
Wrong headline

are u sure this is u?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by praiseneo(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
When is the soon oooo
When O don de turn to 0 finish due to hungry embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by tillaman(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
This is what you get when you elect directionless Omni(s) as leaders

5 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Samsimple(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
na Una know Wetin Una dey do

check my signature.
Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Muhylonaire007: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
O better.
It is long overdue, it ought to have been opened a long time, but that's what you get when you have imbeciles in the position of power.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
I remember when the border was first closed, I said it here on that it was a poorly thought out policy, today I have been justified.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by KingsleyBuubba(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
Mennn I need to trek out of this shithole

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Bkayyy: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
After they have cut Yorubas from seeing their brothers for close to 5
years while they enjoy uninterrupted romance with their brothers from
the sand nations of Chad and Niger.
Think about this, if the border to the North is equally closed like that of
yoruba axis, how will they manage to construct the railway to Niger
and import petrol from there?
Think. Nothing was closed in the North.
As for the reduction of imported car tax to 5 percent. It was just a
scheme to punish Benin Republic for outlawing the migration of
Fulanis to Benin Republic. Something Benin Republic did a month ago.
It was never targeted at Ndigbo and Innoson. Ndigbo were just
collateral damage.
Yorubas una see una lives?

14 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by nanauju(f): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by savcy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good move. The economy has worsened since the closure was done. Closing the border was in good faith, but as most things Nigerian, it was unduly taken advantage of. Nigeria is probably the only country where any economic policy to aid local manufacturing ends up to the detriment of the masses. Imagine the cost of local rice soaring by more than 400% since the closure.

I also think that, Buhari's economic advisers are not up to date with the happenings of the Nigerian economy. They seem not to realise that the country doesn't have the economic infrastructure to support most of their policies. They simply just make them and hope for the best. Sad.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Badonasty(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
lol...I knew it was just a matter of time...Ghanaian go don dey warm up
Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by Karlifate: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
grin grin

Why won't you open the land border, when you've signed storage deal with Niger Rep...

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by wellmax(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
But please don't make it free for all imports oo, or else we would loose all the benefits of the closure
Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by ChangetheChange: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
grin grin grin
Confused clowns
The recession has reset their brains

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by BigDawsNet: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
Congratulations Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by OgideAgu: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good news

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon by HUSTLER001: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
Don't 'boarder' us please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Resigns As Niger Delta Affairs Minister / Sylva To Oshiomhole, “you Are A Liar And Mischief Maker” / Army Hands Over Rakiya Abubakar, Newly Found Chibok Girl To Borno Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.