Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,481 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon (18395 Views)

Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark / An Igbo Appointment That Made Murtala Plot Against Gowon- Chief E.k. Clark / Akinwumi Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by frog12: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
the military government in those days were spending money like e grow in their personal backyard.
GOWON is alive to defend himself!
you know all of them are now in their 80s !
Col Nwobosi just died at 82, one of the coup planners. he no GIVE US 1960 secrets. maybe him OGAs no reveal anything to him.

[quote, author=joseph1832 post=96461997]so this reason of yours back up his claim, right?[/quote]
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by CSTRR: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
frog12:
pass me some of your CBN money, I support your government! hahahah

Normal thing.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by LZAA: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
favor914:
Referring to Guinea pig babies used in the Pfizer experiment, where you amongst the infants?, it seems most probably from your assertions & behavior, you don’t seem normal?
Goodness me this zombie is gone

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by frog12: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
it's POSSIBLE. nigerians were still SLEEPING while the Americans were fighting for THEIR civil rights!
the government then was a PERSONAL PALACE

seunmsg:
It was an extremely silly allegation to start with. What is shocking is how so many people believed without fact checking. How can an individual move half of CBN to the Uk in the 70’s? How?

Anyway, we need the UK MP to tell us how much Diezani moved to London. We can’t afford to wait for another 45 years before they tell us the truth. While at it, they can start the sanction thing with her. Revoke her visa and send her back to Nigeria. That’s the best way to show sincerity of purpose.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by frog12: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
I LAUGH. sensible
Adesina wants to run for PRESIDENT, you know

Esseite:
Adeshina should not interfere with a situation that happened when he was less than 6years old..

It public knowledge how Buhari hailed Abacha as upright and honest like Nigerians didnt live through Abachas reign. but till today, we are still receiving Abachas loot.

Gowon is alive today, the MP stands on his words, Gowon should sue the UK in his defense and not Adesina gambling with his reputation..

Heroes past indeed.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by favor914: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
Notatribalist:
Lol... This thing went Completely offline topic. Are you normal?Pls visit the nearest hospital OK?
I know 3rd eye blind children will never comprehend? Why should President Gowon go & defend himself in such a baseless stupid accusation?, let his mother go and defend herself in the village also, it may be true, she may have been playing away uefa matches? I stand as the accuser, like the parliamentarian.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Lexicon123: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
Esseite:
Adeshina should not interfere with a situation that happened when he was less than 6years old..

It public knowledge how Buhari hailed Abacha as upright and honest like Nigerians didnt live through Abachas reign. but till today, we are still receiving Abachas loot.

Gowon is alive today, the MP stands on his words, Gowon should sue the UK in his defense and not Adesina gambling with his reputation..

Heroes past indeed.
But it doesn't look like the MP had been born then. Even if he was, he was probably a kid too. So I think the MP needs to support his allegations with evidence.

And since we cannot fight battles at all fronts, we need to concentrate on more recent and more glaring cases of corruption, some of which unfortunately have the connivance of the western world (else, most would have been caught, prevented and prosecuted with their technological advancements)
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Ashirioluwa: 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
What do you expect Adesina and Nigerian government to do concerning this allegation? They are all the same. Our politicians are looting machines
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by frog12: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
maybe he is TIRED of AFDB job. e WAN switch. President of NIGERIA

CSTRR:
Adeshina himself is acting foolish.

He is using the grievance of the AFDB politics to push an agenda.

If he is not careful, he will muddy himself permanently.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by uptimum123(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Notatribalist:
Gowon is still alive, allow he to defend himself, Amebo oversabi.

Your head no correct
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by frog12: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
so? he is an MP. in government, he has access to all DOCUMENTS, spies AND INFORMANTS !!!

MAYBE him FATHER was the go-BETWEEN!

Lexicon123:
But it doesn't look like the MP had been born then. Even if he was, he was probably a kid too. So I think the MP needs to support his allegations with evidence.

And since we cannot fight battles at all fronts, we need to concentrate on more recent and more glaring cases of corruption, some of which unfortunately have the connivance of the western world (else, most would have been caught, prevented and prosecuted with their technological advancements)
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by miketayo(m): 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
favor914:
A man that has had dinner with the queen, Zombie why will Gowon stoop low to answer a low life hungry parliamentarian that is probably seeking attention, so he can come and lobby for contract from the Federal Government, for whichever company he is lobbying for, it isn’t a new scheme in politics. Congressman Jefferson of New Orleans & Abubakar Atiku comes to mind?

Which african president den didn't have dinner with the queen, does that amount to anything?

1 Like

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by dictbennie(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
seunmsg:

Evidence abound of Diezani’s corruption. Where is the evidence against Gowon other than “so it is said”?

It is still the same. The allegations against Diezani are also hearsay. I'm in no way defending her but we have to be subjective when issues like this come up rather than showing your bias probably due to tribe or party affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by favor914: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
LZAA:

Goodness me this zombie is gone
Irredeemable Peasants of Biafra, I am not trying to change your misconstrued views on Nigeria & Gowon? My allegiance is to the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Me, Myself & I, will forever support General Gowon, good or bad for saving Nigeria from the beast of the East.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by uptimum123(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Okuda:
Foolish Adesina, you know him. Were you CBN governor that year? Abi no be so Buhari carry integrity for head now see where it led us. Useless pipu

And were you born that year... please stop spitting trash

1 Like

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by CSTRR: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Gowon was a terrible leader.
He was the one that created states that has rendered the country unproductive.

Prior to Gowon, NIgeria was an agricultural powerhouse.

Regions were outproducing the rest of the world in different Agric commodities.

Growth was rapid, productivity was high.

And then the idiot created states, and crippled the positive competitive spirit of Nigeria.

That was a tip of the iceberg of Gowon's ineptitude.

3 Likes

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by uptimum123(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
emmyrate1:
I know ur assertion is base on ipob, even when you can't impregnate your wife you will still blame ipob for Ur impotence. Of all the past and present rulers show a Saint among them. When did uk parliament turn to ipob

This still doesn't change the fact that you are wailing wailer and a ipob apologist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by favor914: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
dictbennie:

It is still the same. The allegations against Diezani are also hearsay. I'm in no way defending her but we have to be subjective when issues like this come up rather than showing your bias probably due to tribe of party affiliations.
I hearsay then why has she been living in London under & with looted NNPC funds for the past 6 years now?
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Notatribalist(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
favor914:
I know 3rd eye blind children will never comprehend? Why should President Gowon go & defend himself in such a baseless stupid accusation?, let his mother go and defend herself in the village also, it may be true, she may have been playing away uefa matches? I stand as the accuser, like the parliamentarian.
Accusation of such magnitude is laid against a formal president, and you think he should not go and defend himself? NASA o.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Concord23(m): 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
uptimum123:
He's one of the most honest and responsible elder statesman in Nigeria.

The member of the parliament in UK who said he stole half of CBN is just chasing clout and relevancy in the Nigerian space and only the ipob people will give him that.
Do you know that to get a job in CBN is not easy, most nigerian don't know how they recruit, so with this UK finding do you think is not true?
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Elvictor: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
Oblongata:
Go and show ur English teacher if you have one.

inconsequential element.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by uptimum123(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
tot:

As in, I don't understand how any sane Nigerian will defend a NIGERIAN POLITICIAN, either past or present.

Same way you are asss licking Ojukwu and that Albino called Cownu

1 Like

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by CSTRR: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
Netherlands is the biggest agricultural nation in the world.

They got rich on agriculture and they did It right.

If only a few past Nigerian leaders were not born, NIgeria would be a G-8 nation by now.

Nigerian currency was higher than the dollar at a point.
Imagine the productivity that was existing at the time.

In fact, if a few things had gone right, the FG today would be the one trying to artificially lower our very strong currency so that we can export more, like China is currently doing.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by tot(f): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
uptimum123:

Same way you are asss licking Ojukwu and that Albino called Cownu

BMC Zombie, we know most of you can't think straight and usually see double when reading comments.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by frog12: 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
good.

CSTRR:
Gowon was a terrible leader.
He was the one that created states that has rendered the country unproductive.

Prior to Gowon, NIgeria was an agricultural powerhouse.

Regions were outproducing the rest of the world in different Agric commodities.

Growth was rapid, productivity was high.

And then the idiot created states, and crippled the positive competitive spirit of Nigeria.

That was a tip of the iceberg of Gowon's ineptitude.

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by CSTRR: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
favor914:
Irredeemable Peasants of Biafra, I am not trying to change your misconstrued views on Nigeria & Gowon? My allegiance is to the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Me, Myself & I, will forever support General Gowon, good or bad for saving Nigeria from the beast of the East.
Is buhari our first democratic president?

What's wrong with you?

Did Jonathan not face opposition?

Why is opposition now a treason under this govt?

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by favor914: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
Notatribalist:
Accusation of such magnitude is laid against a formal president, and you think he should not go and defend himself? NASA o.

Mumu Gowon subsequently went into exile in the United Kingdom, from 1975-1987 where he acquired a PhD in political science as a student at the University of Warwick. His main British residence is on the border of north London and Hertfordshire, where he has very much become part of the English community in his area. He served a term as Churchwarden in his parish church, St Mary the Virgin, Monken, culled from Wikipedia, why did they not make the allegation then? Ipob sympathizers the biggest follow follow Mumudeys in the world.
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by favor914: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
CSTRR:

Is buhari our first democratic president?

What's wrong with you?

Did Jonathan not face opposition?

Why is opposition now a treason under this govt?
Treason in your wrong interpretation, mixed up in a misconstrued faint imagination, name one political prisoner in Nigeria, just one held by the Federal Government?
Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Angelfrost(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
Notatribalist:
Lol... This thing went Completely offline topic. Are you normal?Pls visit the nearest hospital OK?

Guy... I tire for that one o!!! Tossing insults about like a demon-possessed tout in Mushin!!!

It must be quite true that most "Psychophants" are truly psychotic!!!

4 Likes

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Angelfrost(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
CSTRR:
Netherlands is the biggest agricultural nation in the world.

They got rich on agriculture and they did It right.

If only a few past Nigerian leaders were not born, NIgeria would be a G-8 nation by now.

Nigerian currency was higher than the dollar at a point.
Imagine the productivity that was existing at the time.

In fact, if a few things had gone right, the FG today would be the one trying to artificially lower our very strong currency so that we can export more, like China is currently doing.

Shhh... Abeg off that mic... These words are too weighty for dumb sycophants to assimilate. They will simply go mad!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon by Notatribalist(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Angelfrost:

Guy... I tire for that one o!!! Tossing insults about like a demon-possessed tout in Mushin!!!

It must be quite true that most "Psychophants" are truly psychotic!!!
Lol.I surprise my brother. I believe she is sick upstairs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBC News Special On Nigeria's Impact On The Rest Of Africa / Chibok Girl, Rakiya Aubakar Rescued With Her Baby By Army - Sahara Reporters / 2023: APC Will Find It Difficult To Sell Jonathan – Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.