Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,725 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It (729 Views)

Plsssssss Come To My Aid Nairalander I'm Losing It / I Asked My New Gf What She Likes About Me,she Said This. Now Am Losing My Esteem / I Need Help.. Am Losing It Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello nairalanders, I am a guy of 23years, I need suggestions on the kind of skill to acquire to make money from afterwards because as it stands now, no hope of going to school... I want to choose a career path in something else, a hiqh paying skill to be precise... I have thought of graphic designing and programming but I don't know if i am on the right track...
I need good suggestions and how I can make a life out of it...
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by GreatMage: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
First ask yourself:

What is in-demand in this era and can fetch me money from different sources irrespective of my location?

Then, ask yourself:

How much I am willing to invest into this skill?
And when I talk invest I mean; time, energy and money! Yes, you need to spend money to get more money...

Have you asked yourself these questions?
Gotten your answer?

Then pursue the path...

But if you ask me?

1. Web programming
2. Data Analysis
3. Mobile programming
4. Graphic designer
5. UI/UX

Are the top five you can choose from...

What is moving the world in career path nowadays is what they call STEM!

YOU CAN BROWSE IS OUT

But mind you, that STEM shit is for those that are going for undergrad, postgraduate and whatnot bullshit...

I guess you just need something to learn and using to make money so it doesn't really apply to you.

Of course, it is a plus if you are in it tho smiley
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreatMage thank you very much... I appreciate...
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by GreatMage: 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
FahBuLous:
GreatMage thank you very much... I appreciate...

Of course
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by KingofAbuja(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2020

When I'm settled, I will respond.
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreatMage:

Of course
You talked abt time, the problem here is that i live alone, if i stop work and focus on the skill solely, i wont be able to pay my rent, pay bills n feed.... So i was thinking of part time so i can b working and learning... Do u think this is a good idea?
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hi, high paying job/ skill is good. But my advice is don't do a skill cuz it pays well, with time you'll lose interest if it's not your passion.
What's that thing you love doing and you can even do for free? That's the thing you should build a career on.
I remember talking to a friend years back, he told me what he can do for free and loves doing, is playing Play Station, I smiled and told him that's it. Today he's doing better than he was, with time his brand will be international. Guess what? it's just Play Station.....
Work on marketing your skill, that's what your can build a career on and be satisfied doing...
Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by GreatMage: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
FahBuLous:
You talked abt time, the problem here is that i live alone, if i stop work and focus on the skill solely, i wont be able to pay my rent, pay bills n feed.... So i was thinking of part time so i can b working and learning... Do u think this is a good idea?

Don't worry about time...

Firstly, chose the path you wanna focus on..

Depending on the path, you can allocate your time...

But true, part time will solve alot of difficulties in learning...

Do you reside in Nigeria?
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 7:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
KingofAbuja:
When I'm settled, I will respond.
I'm anticipating then..
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
FinianIb:
Hi, high paying job/ skill is good. But my advice is don't do a skill cuz it pays well, with time you'll lose interest if it's not your passion.
What's that thing you love doing and you can even do for free? That's the thing you should build a career on.
I remember talking to a friend years back, he told me what he can do for free and loves doing, is playing Play Station, I smiled and told him that's it. Today he's doing better than he was, with time his brand will be international. Guess what? it's just Play Station.....
Work on marketing your skill, that's what your can build a career on and be satisfied doing...
Stay blessed!
True, never thought of this, thank you sir...
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
GreatMage:

Don't worry about time...
Firstly, chose the path you wanna focus on..
Depending on the path, you can allocate your time...
But true, part time will solve alot of difficulties in learning...
Do you reside in Nigeria?
Yes, i reside in Nigeria..
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by Bluezy13(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
FinianIb:

Stay blessed!

Ancient advice.
Doesn't work anymore.
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2020
Bluezy13:

Ancient advice.
Doesn't work anymore.
You can as well tender your own advice, thank you sir..
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Bluezy13:

Ancient advice.
Doesn't work anymore.

The only thing that doesn't work, is a lot of people don't know how to market their skills and no capital.
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by GreatMage: 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
FahBuLous:
Yes, i reside in Nigeria..

Good
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FanOfMyself: 3:09am On Nov 27, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6068075/learn-programming-work-home if you have a computer system and you are smart enough to understand simple logic, then you can become a developer even without a computer degree! You will find my contact on my personal website with link on my signature. Don't let anyone discourage you. Some of us learnt programming before we gained admission into the university and our lecturers didn't teach me anything regarding programming. I learnt all by purchasing courses online. You too can
Re: Please Advice Me, I Am Losing It by FahBuLous: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2020
FanOfMyself:
https://www.nairaland.com/6068075/learn-programming-work-home if you have a computer system and you are smart enough to understand simple logic, then you can become a developer even without a computer degree! You will find my contact on my personal website with link on my signature. Don't let anyone discourage you. Some of us learnt programming before we gained admission into the university and our lecturers didn't teach me anything regarding programming. I learnt all by purchasing courses online. You too can
I don't have a PC

(1) (Reply)

Dear Men, If You Don't Have Money, Have Sense. Nigerian Lady Advises Men / / Father Christmas. If 1000 Is Not Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.