Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . (2030 Views)

BBC & DailyMail Apologize About Nigerian Restaurant Serving Human Flesh Story / Which Of These Nigerian Politicians Is The Best Dancer? (Photos) / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2011
Is their desire to wear traditional, wherever they are including state visits to other countries. This is something that other African states are not known to do. We are proud of our heritage.

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2011
Compared to other African nations. . .

Ghana

Kenya

South Africa

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2011
This is just a regular meeting of our politicians and we still showcase our culture.

Nigeria

South Africa

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EnuguUkwu: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2011
u r correct
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by Ikengawo: 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
because nigerians specialize is doing 'big men'

and a man in  suit looks like a small boy standing next to a man in full agbada
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ikengawo:

because nigerians specialize is doing 'big men'

and a man in  suit looks like a small boy standing next to a man in full agbada

I see it as pride in our culture. This is one of the only things I like what Nigerian politicians do.

Other African leaders do not believe in wearing traditional.

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2011
Kofi Annan and Obasanjo

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2011
Ghana politicians used to wear traditional, but now look at them. cry

Dr. Kwame Nkrumah was a proud African.

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by Sunofgod(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by Arosa(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
the Liberian president Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf is always see on her native African wear. she is a proud African woman.
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by blacksta(m): 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2011
Another useless thread  -

Please choose one

would you prefer an effective government that dress in european atire or one that wears traditional atire ,morally bankrupt and a track record  of zero service delivery and implementation.
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2011
blacksta:

Another useless thread  -

Please choose one

would you prefer an effective government that dress in european atire or one that wears traditional atire ,morally bankrupt and a track record  of zero service delivery and implementation.

Sharrap! I can't be negative all the time. angry

This is one of the only things I like about Nigerian politicians and that's THEIR PRIDE IN THEIR CULTURE.

And I hope the younger generation continues with this tradition.
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by Arosa(m): 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2011
this is how it should be, Nice!

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by Arosa(m): 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2011
Proud African.

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EzeUche2(m): 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
^^^

The Iron lady herself. I am glad she is moving Liberia in the right direction.

Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by alex101(m): 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ OP
I implore you to be cognizant of the fact that these nigerian politicians wear this 'agbada' or whatever african traditional attire in order to hide their pot-belly.

Most, if not all nigerian politicians are out of shape,,,,,,,,,,,their bodies are not properly aligned like they are suppose to.

Even our soldiers and police are nothing but 'pepper soup and beer-palour' personnel with big stomach. undecided

So, what you really have are bunch of obesely overweight politicians, hiding their 'big belle' with agbada. grin

I really pity their wives and numerous concubine, especially university girls that sleep with these 'agbada-ered' politicians. smiley
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by PhysicsMHD(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
A suit actually helps conceal an out of shape physique better than an agbada or babban riga.

@ post, most of those African nations where the leaders wear suits are from places where the traditional attire didn't develop to the level where it was presentable enough for formal diplomatic events, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure in Mali, Guinea, etc., the politicians wear traditional attire.
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by Arosa(m): 10:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

A suit actually helps conceal an out of shape physique better than an agbada or babban riga.

@ post, most of those African nations where the leaders wear suits are from places where the traditional attire didn't develop to the level where it was presentable enough for formal diplomatic events, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure in Mali, Guinea, etc., the politicians wear traditional attire.
It's like you can read my mind, was about to write the samething word for word. embarassed
Re: One Thing I Like About Nigerian Politicians. . . by EnuguUkwu: 10:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

Sharrap! I can't be negative all the time.  angry

This is one of the only things I like about Nigerian politicians and that's THEIR PRIDE IN THEIR CULTURE.

And I hope the younger generation continues with this tradition.

Dont mind him. He doesnt have papers to come back home, thats why he is frustrated.

(1) (Reply)

But For Buhari/tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Become One-party State / Nigeria: Shipwreck - Fg Needs N4.3 Billion To Remove Wreckage / Boko Haram Chases Rkelly, Ludacris & Keri Hilson Off Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.