Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) (60741 Views)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Big Cobra Killed With A Gun In Toilet In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Shaev7(m): 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
She just fly come die for our country! Kai
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by RulerIAm(m): 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
Kestolove:
Delta ipob don kill am
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by hardon1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bluffly:
An opportunity to get rich just got squashed

Spot on brother. All we know here is to kill
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Boydehot: 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
this would I been a blessing in disguise.
what a waste of treasure, the kill would have been a millionaire if he caught the bird alive.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by ubee(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2020
Limiting your scope of knowledge by probably rarely watching anything outside of American movies and Scifi, Nigerian home video and other local content, has you and @COdeGenesis talking like preteens. "Talking about being paid millions for a bird" One that isn't endangered for that matter. "Talking about the captor becoming world famous?" Are you guys serious!

Guys abeg start seeing useful content like Science documentaries, World history documentaries, Business/financial news, tech news and world news. It will help you both.
Eriokanmi:
I'm telling you. It would have made the world's news headlines. The catcher would have been duly rewarded and popular globally. The embassy in Nigeria would have so much appreciated his kindness and our government too would have quickly congratulated him through femi adesina grin. That's fame lost forever
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Josywhyte: 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
Every animal na meat for naija
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by ubee(m): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
Where do guys like you come from with this una type of kindergarten reasoning?
Boydehot:
this would I been a blessing in disguise.
what a waste of treasure, the kill would have been a millionaire if he caught the bird alive.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by mystical109(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Dude,I'm a Deltan first....My only problem with you is that why are you claiming igbo when it's so crystal clear that the real igbos don't see you as one of them....
Na you even suppose get sense because I know where I belong.....unlike you, you're just like a pendulum bob, hanging in-between without a direction...
I just the pity you this ubiaruku man
you are a Deltan by state baba. Which tribe do you belong? .How old is Delta state?.so u mean my ancestors didn't have a tribe until Delta state was created. Only a foolish Igbo man will choose Nigeria over Biafra. You haven't gained anything from Nigeria. There is a reason history is not being taught in schools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by planetx: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
CaptainFM1:
It doesn't flew all the way from Finland! It perhaps came with a ship or someone brought it along to Delta or somewhere nearby.
Migratory birds can fly thousands of miles non stop, some fly over oceans for weeks and months before reaching their destination. They have put miniature satellite trackers on them so it is proved that they really do cover such vast distances.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
It came to d wrong country...he was not killed by starvation or disease but by a noble savage.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
mystical109:
you are a Deltan by state baba. Which tribe do you belong? .How old is Delta state?.so u mean my ancestors didn't have a tribe until Delta state was created. Only a foolish Igbo man will choose Nigeria over Biafra. You haven't gained anything from Nigeria. There is a reason history is not being taught in schools
Lol...dude,Biafra will only a dream that none of you will ever wake up from.....
Like I said,I'm a Nigerian and also a Deltan to be precise...
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by mystical109(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Lol...dude,Biafra will only a dream that none of you will ever wake up from.....
Like I said,I'm a Nigerian and also a Deltan to be precise...
it's not a crime to dream. History should be taught in schools

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
mystical109:
it's not a crime to dream. History should be taught in schools
Yeah, history should be taught in schools,just to enlighten kiddos like you from having traumatic dreams from the same dreams your ancestors couldn't wake up from
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Missionaire: 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ykc2:
so you want tell me chukwuma nzeogwu is not from delta?

Have Igbos in Delta State told you that they are Biafrans?

So the Anioma nation because they speak Igbo automatically makes them Biafrans abi? This is why many people dislike you people.

You don't respect people's rights to choose and try to force them without due consultations and persuasions to become a part of what they haven't decided to be.

So the Yorubas in Cotonou by virtue of speaking Yoruba are automatically part of the Oduduwa Republic abi?

The Niger Delta has never and will never be forced to be a part of Biafra.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
planetx:
Migratory birds can fly thousands of miles non stop, some fly over oceans for weeks and months before reaching their destination. They have put miniature satellite trackers on them so it is proved that they really do cover such vast distances.

That's very interesting then. God is great!
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by merits(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2020
It's destined of it to die on Nigeria soil,stop dragging this issue beyond elastic limits.abeg.

Next plz.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Alimat40: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
It is very unfortunate for the bird to have entered unsaved territory called Nigeria. Human beings are not saved talk less of ordinary bird.

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by merits(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
Na longer throat and amebo carry am come 9ja.meanwhile it's as being destined for him die on 9ja soil.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Slimsly100(f): 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chai!!!! E miss road

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by appliedscience(m): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nwaotu10:
Serves the witch right grin grin

Latitude & longitude... Good job...
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Buzx: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Yup, I agree with you on that. But then again, most migratory birds have a particular destination (or set of destinations) they go once a year for a different climate. They do it annually that it becomes direct trip over time. For example, the geese where I stay go south of the US every year. However, even though this falcon is a migratory bird (which naturally covers 15,500 miles per year), it obviously dosen't make an annual round trip to Nigeria seeing that it was held in captivity at a museum. So this one seems to have had a terrible heartbreak and decided to go on a death trip.

See us turning into animal investigators grin

That's quite interesting to know @the bolded. Never knew they had a particular destination. Sad it had to die this way. Some years back, I caught a falcon just like this; I found it unable to fly and took it. It's a very predatory bird and hurts like a wolf. I was amazed at the way it kills rats. I had to let it go because I couldn't take of it. Lol, @animal investigators. grin anyways, cheers.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by chrisooblog: 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
honestly why are we such a destructive blood thirsty people? any small thing kill this animal kill that animal. if hostile aliens were to land on planet earth especially nigeria i can almost guarantee that none of them will survive because we for done kill them finish

Mophasa:
This peregrine falcon was killed in a town called Ofagbe in Delta State. The bird flew all the way from Finland to Delta State as the tag on the bird read " Museum 200L Helsinki Finland"

https://twitter.com/wakajugbe/status/1332198084659568641?s=19
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by mystical109(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Yeah, history should be taught in schools,just to enlighten kiddos like you from having traumatic dreams from the same dreams your ancestors couldn't wake up from
lol.enlighten me or light up the fire in me and other Biafrans.Biafra has existed before 1960.you had an identity before the amalgamation. What is your identity pre colonization? That is who you are. It's not a do or die affair for me but right inside of me, I wish and hope that the sun would rise
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Buzx: 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
PS712:

See all the places the bird passed only to be catapulted in Nigeria....
Something is very wrong with us as a people!
Nigeria is obviously not a good place for animals; and even humans.

Last week, I was woken up at 6 am by a loud noise; a dog was shouting seriously and crying. I thought it was even a child. When I looked through my window, I say a dog with two of its back legs broken and shouting in pains. A bike had just knocked it down. I felt bad. The dog was crawling and crying for help. A trailer was coming and the trailer guy stopped used a bamboo to push the dog of the way and zoomed off. The dog later died.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by mystical109(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
Missionaire:

Have Igbos in Delta State told you that they are Biafrans?

So the Anioma nation because they speak Igbo automatically makes them Biafrans abi? This is why many people dislike you people.

You don't respect people's rights to choose and try to force them without due consultations and persuasions to become a part of what they haven't decided to be.

So the Yorubas in Cotonou by virtue of speaking Yoruba are automatically part of the Oduduwa Republic abi?

The Niger Delta has never and will never be forced to be a part of Biafra.
lol. Niger Delta this Niger Delta that. When did this Niger Delta start. By Niger Delta, are the Asaba people of Delta State included? You even forgot that Abia state is a member of Niger Delta. I sincerely pray that a referendum will be conducted so that everyone will vote for or against. I'm tired of faceless people coming here to claim what they are not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by akigbemaru: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mophasa:
This peregrine falcon was killed in a town called Ofagbe in Delta State. The bird flew all the way from Finland to Delta State as the tag on the bird read " Museum 200L Helsinki Finland"

https://twitter.com/wakajugbe/status/1332198084659568641?s=19
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
mystical109:
lol.enlighten me or light up the fire in me and other Biafrans.Biafra has existed before 1960.you had an identity before the amalgamation. What is your identity pre colonization? That is who you are. It's not a do or die affair for me but right inside of me, I wish and hope that the sun would rise
Sun ain't rising for Biafra...
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by 2cribz: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
If na me,i go train the bird,dey show am pictures,post am for internet lovate the owner make dem comw pick am up.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by delishpot: 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
If say that tag nor dey dem for say na village people land for their place. grin
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Xantel(f): 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
Killing killing in this country is too much jare
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by PS712: 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Buzx:

Nigeria is obviously not a good place for animals; and even humans.

Last week, I was woken up at 6 am by a loud noise; a dog was shouting seriously and crying. I thought it was even a child. When I looked through my window, I say a dog with two of its back legs broken and shouting in pains. A bike had just knocked it down. I felt bad. The dog was crawling and crying for help. A trailer was coming and the trailer guy stopped used a bamboo to push the dog of the way and zoomed off. The dog later died.
That's sad. And it's the tale of humans in this country, very sad. Both humans and animals are suffering here.
Re: Peregrine Falcon From Finland Killed In Delta State (Photos) by Ahmback(m): 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nigeria my country.!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NASA Announces It Has Found Water On The Moon For The First Time (Photos) / 5-Seater Helicopter Built By A Boy In Kogi With Local Materials. Photos / Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.