Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,506 members, 7,958,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel (5330 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by cap28: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^^^

funny - india abstained from voting in favour of the UN resolution to impose a no fly zone over libya on the grounds that there was insufficient evidence to justify its imposition, to date there is no evidence proving that gadaffi attacked unarmed protesters.

instead what we have since come to understand is that the so called unarmed protesters are actually US backed al qaeda operatives who were even involved in fighting in iraq at the beginnning of the second gulf war.
some of these operatives have also been identified as individuals recruited by the UK intelligence services to overthrow gadaffi.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kgdavid(m): 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^

funny - india abstained from voting in favour of the UN resolution to impose a no fly zone over libya on the grounds that there was insufficient evidence to justify its imposition, to date there is no evidence proving that gadaffi attacked unarmed protesters.

instead what we have since come to understand is that the so called unarmed protesters are actually US backed al qaeda operatives who were even involved in fighting in iraq at the beginnning of the second gulf war.
some of these operatives have also been identified as individuals recruited by the UK intelligence services to overthrow gadaffi.

its interesting the several countries on the security council abstained from voting rather than veto the motion, what does that tell you? well you seem to have a very different and interesting view of the events in libya. can you please elaborate by telling us/me how this conflict started, who started it(and why) and i wouldnt mind knowing why the brittish recruited operatives without arming them. looking forward to hearing your tale
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Sunofgod(m): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2011
To date, how many Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli Armed Forces?
And what if anything has been done about it?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46A_HdDK94w&feature=related[/flash]
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kgdavid(m): 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2011
pls stay on topic
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by cap28: 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
Kgdavid:

its interesting the several countries on the security council abstained from voting rather than veto the motion, what does that tell you? well you seem to have a very different and interesting view of the events in libya. can you please elaborate by telling us/me how this conflict started, who started it(and why) and i wouldnt mind knowing why the brittish recruited operatives without arming them. looking forward to hearing your tale

you've lost me - india abstained from voting on the grounds that there was insufficient evidence to justify intervention - this is a FACT - are you having difficulty processing factual information?

different and interesting view whats different and interesting about FACT

if at this stage you still dont know how this conflict started and why then perhaps you shouldnt be posting - what do you think?

british recruitment of operatives without arming them?  sorry dont know what you mean by that - these "protesters" are US/UK backed former al qaeda operatives- try and keep up:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/u-s-government-backs-libyan-al-qaeda-while-hyping-terror-attacks-inside-u-s.html
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kgdavid(m): 3:35am On Mar 25, 2011
lol. is it not clear that i know what im talking about here? reading through my coments it is clear what i believe and indeed what the whole world accepts as facts. but you however pop out of nowhere with some brand new, never before heard off theories about cia and brittish backed al queda(in libya). so i ask you to paint us a picture of what really is going on in Libya since the universally acepted verson is false and you have some inside knowledge of cia and brittish involement. why is this so hard for you? perhaps because you're simply a u conspiracy theory junkie who in reality does not possess any FACT? whats your whole point about india? one country abstained from voting but others did didnt they? let me guess india are the good guys and all the other guys are bad. i mentioned the countries with ties with libya which could have vetoed this motion didnt veto it is this not FACT mr? all you have said so far is
1. india didnt vote based on insufficient evidence
2.some of the protesters are former al qaeda operatives
3.U.S/U.K at some point sponsored these A Qaeda operatives

so what is your conclusion? state what you believe to be the relevance of these "FACTS"
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by birdman(m): 7:55am On Mar 25, 2011
Kgdavid:

3. of course its not ok if someone attacks you and then leaves, thats the reason why there are rebels in libya today with the backing of the international community. dont lose the trail obread crumbs here, gaddaffi was the initial aggressor

4.again i dont know wat happened but its pretty clear that the international community has a responsibility to protect civillians from violence from their own leadership. have they always lived up to this responsibility? no. are they living up to it now? yes. any ulterior motives for this? possibly. any evidence of ulterior motives? none.

LOL. Gadaffi was the initial aggressor? Looking at 3&4, seriously consider a career where you can spread propaganda. You have a natural gift.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by cap28: 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
Kgdavid:

lol. is it not clear that i know what im talking about here? reading through my coments it is clear what i believe and indeed what the whole world accepts as facts.

no it is NOT clear that you know what you are talking about, however what is clear is that you accept unquestioningly ONE side of a story without applying critical thinking, can you provide me with factual evidence backing up  your claims?

but you however pop out of nowhere with some brand new, never before heard off theories about cia and brittish backed al queda(in libya). so i ask you to paint us a picture of what really is going on in Libya since the universally acepted verson is false and you have some inside knowledge of cia and brittish involement. why is this so hard for you?

I posted a link which i thought you would read, but it appears that you havent bothered, or have read but didnt understand - either way you might want to try reading it .

perhaps because you're simply a u conspiracy theory junkie who in reality does not possess any FACT? whats your whole point about india? one country abstained from voting but others did didnt they? let me guess india are the good guys and all the other guys are bad. i mentioned the countries with ties with libya which could have vetoed this motion didnt veto it is this not FACT mr? all you have said so far is
1. india didnt vote based on insufficient evidence
2.some of the protesters are former al qaeda operatives
3.U.S/U.K at some point sponsored these A Qaeda operatives

A smart person would have asked why india felt there was insufficient evidence - but i see im expecting too much from you -

an even cleverer person would realise that there is a huge difference between innocent protesters and al qaeda operatives and finally a person with a switched on brain would definitely smell a rat if they discovered that these same al qaeda operatives have not only been sponsored and trained by the US/UK govt but are working with the US/UK govts to try and topple gaddaffi - oh well - now i know im definitely expecting too much from you.
have fun - im out
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kgdavid(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
^ people like you really make me smile, you really think your argument comes across as more intelligent by lacing it with insults? try the intellectual approach my friend! cant you see im not arguing with you? im just asking you to state your point because so far you have not stated what you you believe to be the case. i really dont understand why you feel so smart when your entire source of FACT is based on the allegations of some random blogger on the internet? this coming from someone who says the recognized media houses, even the arab ones such as al jazeera are spreading propaganda? so recognized media houses are lying but it is one random individual writting his own opinion without even being on the ground in libya that is fact. by your logic, since india's claim that there is insufficient means there is no evidence then since france say there is evidence then there must be evidence no? if russia and china -gaddaffi's friends refused to veto the motion should that not tell you something??smart boy you are! now thank God you're out and plz stay out!
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by shotster50(m): 4:38am On Mar 26, 2011
Kgdavid:

^ people like you really make me smile, you really think your argument comes across as more intelligent by lacing it with insults? try the intellectual approach my friend! cant you see im not arguing with you? im just asking you to state your point because so far you have not stated what you you believe to be the case. i really dont understand why you feel so smart when your entire source of FACT is based on the allegations of some random blogger on the internet? this coming from someone who says the recognized media houses, even the arab ones such as al jazeera are spreading propaganda? so recognized media houses are lying but it is one random individual writting his own opinion without even being on the ground in libya that is fact. by your logic, since india's claim that there is insufficient means there is no evidence then since france say there is evidence then there must be evidence no? if russia and china -gaddaffi's friends refused to veto the motion should that not tell you something??smart boy you are! now thank God you're out and plz stay out!

Nailed it on the head here. That Russia and China did not vote does not mean they do not support the intervention. If you look closely, they both have Authoritarian Governments. What do you think would happen if these two countries openly support the coalition when they practise little or no form democracy Their citizens will most definitely push for a change in their respective countries.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by birdman(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2011
shotster50:

Nailed it on the head here. That Russia and China did not vote does not mean they do not support the intervention. If you look closely, they both have Authoritarian Governments. What do you think would happen if these two countries openly support the coalition when they practise little or no form democracy Their citizens will most definitely push for a change in their respective countries.

Contrary to what you've heard, Russians actually like their authoritarian government. They view the Yeltsin period of open democracy as a weakness. The chinese would like full democracy, but know this is unrealistic. Their history is littered with 1000 year civil wars. They don't plan on returning to those times. So there is no credible home-grown threat that would scare Russia/China into abstaining. The truth is China, Russia and India were bribed (read concessions) in order to abstain. They are complaining loudly after the fact, to put on record that they still care about Libya (which they dont). Its called diplomacy.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2011
birdman:

Contrary to what you've heard, Russians actually like their authoritarian government. They view the Yeltsin period of open democracy as a weakness. [/b]T[b]he chinese would like full democracy, but know this is unrealistic. Their history is littered with 1000 year civil wars. They don't plan on returning to those times. So there is no credible home-grown threat that would scare Russia/China into abstaining. The truth is China, Russia and India were bribed (read concessions) in order to abstain. They are complaining loudly after the fact, to put on record that they still care about Libya (which they dont). Its called diplomacy.

What a ridiculous lie!!! Have you ever tried reading any of the reports from out of russia ever? Or the blogs out there from Chinese dissidents, stating how those who speak up are shut down almost immediately and their freedoms taken away? We live in the information age, and you know you can read some of the local reports from out of russia, or even China to know that the portion of your post in bold is WRONG!! What are you going to come up with next? That North Koreans genuinely love their dictator?

That is the same silly bunch of lies you all offered up for those living under Ghaddaffi until the bottom dropped out and we now know that the people under endured out of fear until now.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by birdman(m): 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What a ridiculous lie!!! Have you ever tried reading any of the reports from out of russia ever? Or the blogs out there from Chinese dissidents, stating how those who speak up are shut down almost immediately and their freedoms taken away? We live in the information age, and you know you can read some of the local reports from out of russia, or even China to know that the portion of your post in bold is WRONG!! What are you going to come up with next? That North Koreans genuinely love their dictator?

That is the same silly bunch of lies you all offered up for those living under Ghaddaffi until the bottom dropped out and we now know that the people under endured out of fear until now.

Your reaction is understandable, given all the smooth talking dissidents you hear on TV, including Kasparov who I like a lot. You may be taken aback by their admiration for Putin, but hey know their history more than you do and culturally, they prefer strongmen; their society doesn't function quite as well without it. Here's one link on Putin; I cant remember the author of his biography right now:
                            http://www.vbulletinsuite.net/d-23-vlademir+putin+biography.html
Funny huh, almost like they are describing a different Putin than what we know in the West. Here's another article. I chose this one, because most Russians feel the same way

"He is standing up to those who want to see Russia as a weak, unthreatening country forever humiliated and forever grateful like we were under Yeltsin.

I'll let you do the research on China. Trust, but verify  wink
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2011
birdman:

Your reaction is understandable, given all the smooth talking dissidents you hear on TV, including Kasparov who I like a lot. You may be taken aback by their admiration for Putin, but hey know their history more than you do and culturally, they prefer strongmen; their society doesn't function quite as well without it. Here's one link on Putin; I cant remember the author of his biography right now:
                            http://www.vbulletinsuite.net/d-23-vlademir+putin+biography.html
Funny huh, almost like they are describing a different Putin than what we know in the West. Here's another article. I chose this one, because most Russians feel the same way

Again, stop making crap up about a people you have little knowledge of and learn to listen to them tell you what they really think of their leaders instead. All over the net and on international Tv there are bytes from the same russia documenting how a large portion of the people feel their freedom is restricted and they are not free to speak out. Many have been imprisoned and some have been made to disappear . . . LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE -- stop trying to retell their story according to how you want instead.

On China . . . again LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE tell you what they think of their own leaders who they know more than you will ever know yours probably.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by birdman(m): 10:19am On Mar 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again, stop making crap up about  a people you have little knowledge of and learn to listen to them tell you what they really think of their leaders instead. All over the net and on international Tv there are bytes from the same russia documenting how a large portion of the people feel their freedom is restricted and they are not free to speak out. Many have been imprisoned and some have been made to disappear . . . LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE -- stop trying to retell their story according to how you want instead.

On China . . . again LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE tell you what they think of their own leaders who they know more than you will ever know yours probably.

BS. Take some time to do your research, instead of calling what you don't understand crap. Stop expecting others to do the homework for you. If you want to swallow what you hear on corporate media, fine. But dont act like you know what you are talking about. You don't.
No wonder we keep getting treated like donkeys. Too gullible,  smh
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Bastage: 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2011
birdman:

Maybe you should do some research, man.

China spends more on it's internal security budget than it does on national defence. That means that the state is spending more money to protect itself from it's own people than it spends to protect itself from outsiders.

I think even the dumbest Nairalander can read between the lines on that one.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by birdman(m): 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2011
Bastage:

Maybe you should do some research, man.

China spends more on it's internal security budget than it does on national defence. That means that the state is spending more money to protect itself from it's own people than it spends to protect itself from outsiders.

I think even the dumbest Nairalander can read between the lines on that one.

Cuz they dont want some simple opposition turning into full scale civil war "overnight", Libya style. Fact is internal security IS defence, given internal dissension could be used as a pretext by others to impose sanctions (eg Tibet). Maybe you should ask Chinese you know of their views on this (30+, those that still remember Mao, Deng transition). Ask several. It should settle the issue, no? Its better than googling up stuff and thinking you know

Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Mar 29, 2011
birdman:

BS. Take some time to do your research, instead of calling what you don't understand crap. Stop expecting others to do the homework for you. If you want to swallow what you hear on corporate media, fine. But dont act like you know what you are talking about. You don't.
No wonder we keep getting treated like donkeys. Too gullible,  smh

Please stop acting like a monkey . . . this is the problem we have as a people. Rather than learning the truth to save our lives, we instead pretend we have all figured out and are above knowledge itself. The Chinese people cry out each year of the ills committed against them by their own government. I bet if a thread was opened today on Chinese attrocities against Nigerians in China, you would be one of those who would immediately fly to the thread to speak as if you know all that is going down and how blackmen are slaves there but here you sing a different tune. Dude, we live in the information age now . . . information is no longer secret--- 90% of it is all out in the open and we all know now -- the people speak out these days. If you prefer to live in denial, that is all you but do not deny the cry of the people simply because you want to continue to claim you own the truth on even this.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by birdman(m): 6:18am On Mar 29, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please stop acting like a monkey . . . this is the problem we have as a people. Rather than learning the truth to save our lives, we instead pretend we have all figured out and are above knowledge itself. The Chinese people cry out each year of the ills committed against them by their own government. I bet if a thread was opened today on Chinese attrocities against Nigerians in China, you would be one of those who would immediately fly to the thread to speak as if you know all that is going down and how blackmen are slaves there but here you sing a different tune. Dude, we live in the information age now . . . information is no longer secret--- 90% of it is all out in the open and we all know now -- the people speak out these days. If you prefer to live in denial, that is all you but do not deny the cry of the people simply because you want to continue to claim you own the truth on even this.
so you prefer to stay ignorant. no sweat off this monkey's back cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m A Muslim, A Woman And An Immigrant. I Voted For Trump. / Thai Girl ... Half Human, Half Snake / Russia Orders Obama: Tell World About Aliens, Or We Will.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.