Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC (39303 Views)

Keyamo: South South Governors Are Silent Since Wike's Revelation / Killings: Three Reasons Northern Leaders Are Silent – Shehu Sani Reveals / REACH FM – NBC Indefinitely Shuts Down Governor Okorocha’s Radio Station In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by hisexcellency34: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi

Lagos- The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has spoken on why it has been silent on the controversy trailing the letter addressed to a radio station, Cool FM by Hisbah, the Sharia police organisation in Kano State asking the radio station to desist from using the term ‘Black Friday’.

In a letter signed by Principal Executive Officer II, Abubakar Ali, on behalf of the Commander-General, Hisbah stated that Friday is regarded as a holy day in Islam and tagging it as ‘black’ is derogatory and would not be condoned.

Some Nigerians have condemned the silence of the NBC, which is the only organisation that has the powers to prescribe a code for broadcasters and sanction them.

However, speaking in an exclusive chat with INDEPENDENT on Saturday, the Director-General of NBC, Armstrong Idachaba, said there is no way the organisation could have spoken on the matter since Hisbah did not write to it to complain about the activities of the radio station.

Idachaba who said NBC cannot reply Hisbah on behalf of CoolFM said since the letter was written to CoolFM, it behooves on the management of the radio station to reply if they have any objection.

He said NBC can only intervene if it receives complaints from Hisbah or the radio station.

“Let me ask you as a reporter, Hisbah in Kano wrote to CoolFM in Kano, what is the response of CoolFM to the letter? None! The letter was not written to NBC. It was written to CoolFM and NBC was not even copied in that letter.

“A group in Kano writes to a radio station. A radio station is an entity on its own and it has editorial leadership. If it is going to carry a story, it is free and constitutionally mandated to carry it as long as it is balanced and professionally reported. If they decide not to carry a story, it is an editorial decision.

“Hisbah has written to them, they are expected to write back stating their reasons why they can’t do that. Then the other organisation (Hisbah) can now write to the regulator complaining about the radio or TV station. But none of this has happened and they are saying NBC is silent.

“NBC is not the radio station that they wrote to and we don’t even know the circumstances of the engagement. The radio station should first respond as an independent editorial entity.

“If somebody writes your newspaper, will you ask the Press Council to respond on your behalf?” he asked.

https://www.independent.ng/black-friday-why-we-are-silent-on-hisbahs-letter-to-cool-fm-nbc/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by helinues: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
“Let me ask you as a reporter, Hisbah in Kano wrote to CoolFM in Kano, what is the response of CoolFM to the letter? None! The letter was not written to NBC. It was written to CoolFM and NBC was not even copied in that letter.

Very clever

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by dalongjnr: 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
True but clever by half.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Yenefer(f): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
NBC can't do anything about this. Majority of the extremist like what hisbah are doing en they have many followers. In democracy politicians fear the voice of reason and majority so nothing to see here

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Nigeriabiafra80: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by nairavsdollars(f): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
Then Coolfm should report Hisbah to NBC

92 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Duru9(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Meaning hisbah is useless group

46 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Risingblue008(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
It's as if dis muslymm dey rezn from dier anus
Permit me to say so
I rest my case

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by oluwaSavage: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
Lol....trying to be smart and clever. Most people know you and your biased NBC won't do jackshit to Hisbah even if COOL FM manage to report to your nonsense office; because you may lose your job plus your head gan. Unprogressive mofos!

HISBAH the new SHERIFF in town.

87 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by pickatyou2: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
It's simply cos we have a tyrant at the helm of affairs and the tyrant is an extremist like the so called hisbah group.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by omoadeleye(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
I hope, this doesn't get out of hands one day. It will shock them.

Na wa oo, guys check my signature
Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by RenaissanceGuy: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nigeria needs to divide, so that these religious extremists can stay on their own and practice it as they see fit.

Nothing brainwashes poor people like invoking religion senselessly to appeal to their emotions.

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by wetmenow: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
Nonsense letter

1 Like

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by tasceige(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
Why are these people so backward in life.
We are in 2020 the North is in 1920
This is disgusting and very annoying.

This is me ranting!!! angry

Letter of Notofication!! Just imagine, even my auto correct corrected the word.

38 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by olaric(m): 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
What a response! Religion doesn't have to take away your ability to reason and act with dignity towards others. People in the north acting like they own the entire country just because one of them is the president. What they don't know is that power is transient.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by GIdiata(m): 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Duru9:
Na today you know?

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by iamyemiakins(m): 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
LETTER OF NOTOFICATION grin

33 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by bigdammyj: 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Noted
Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by pointstores(m): 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
So sad
Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by techmo(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
cool

Friday is not even Arabic word or an Hausa word

Friday is an old English word to specify the name of the day of Greek goddess Frigg

You find black Friday derogatory yet don't find Friday it's self derogatotary

Hisbah is a big disgrace to educated Muslims worldwide, it's high time Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, and Saudi Ruling Council start calling this African idiots like Hisbah and Muric to order

Europeans gave science to Africans

Arabs gave Islam

Jews and Europeans gave Christianity

Colonialist gave Democracy

Africans are working hard to rubbish all this things with their funny mentality

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Blackking98(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
When people constructively criticize government on TV or radio without mentioning NBC, you see them swinging into action uninvited. Clowns

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by ALADD(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
C
Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Nbotee(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2020
Jus imagine d nonsense... So Hisbah is more powerful dan the NBC and sharia supersedes the Nigerian constitution

12 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by kolafolabi(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2020
I am disappointed in NBC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by FA13(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2020
H
Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by KingsJohnson(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2020
Many wahala for dz small country

Pls I am looking for that Nairalander that buys old laptops, help me get in touch with him
Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Steve28: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2020
God bless you because that is just the interpretation.

Duru9:

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by etrouble: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2020
Wise man. Don’t engage a fool in an arguments, he will win you with his long years of foolishness and stupidity.

I will never bring myself to the level of street Almajaris by exchanging words with such street miscreants.

Least I forget, I am a proud Muslim but I am not proud of these disgraceful Almajaris.

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by Smoothwave: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Who else notice... *NOTOFICATION*

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday: Why We Are Silent On Hisbah’s Letter To Cool FM – NBC by FA13(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Blackking98:
When people constructively criticize government on TV or radio without mentioning NBC, you see them swinging into action uninvited. Clowns
Very useless people.
When they ought to act, they use half_wit that they call smartness to avoid correcting the wrong.

If it is the other way round, they swing to action immediately.

We just allow this extremist to have free hand to do whatever they like.
The constitution supersedes any local law and there is no way that the radio station violated any reasonable law in the land.
But the ignorant people from the North will not have it. The reasonable ones refuse to speak.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Collapses Inside Church, Hospitalised / Kenneth Omeruo Presents Signed Jersey To President Buhari In Spain (Pix, Video) / Breakdown Of Result Of Ekiti Gubernatorial Election By LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.