Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,764 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? (12681 Views)

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by atobs4real(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2020
Is not bad at all. No condition is permanent.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by tellwisdom: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2020
It’s also a donation. Na money u take buy am; and it can be useful to those Paying tithe without envelop.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Blackmoran(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2020
Why na you save the church from unnecessary spending... At least the develop you return can be use again..
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by pickatyou2: 9:01am On Nov 29, 2020
It is bad, it's better not to drop anything. But the congregation will keep looking at you like you committed a major crime if the basket passes you and u do nothing.

Well simply say they are returning d envelope to the rightful owner a(pastors)

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Seniorwriter(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2020
Stop bordering about the irrelivant irreligious practices in today's Christian churches ...giving is a choice so if you don't have @that moment simply reflect the envelope. Ask for one when you have money to give no matter how small it's mundane.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity !!!!!

©Seniorwriter
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Traininghub(f): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2020
No, especially if it doesn't come from your heart to give it you do not have. God loves a cheerful giver!
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by simhosting: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2020
Yes .

Don't collect envelop when you don't want to give.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Rugaria: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2020
Yes!
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by blessedmoses68: 9:04am On Nov 29, 2020
Yes
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Uyi168: 9:04am On Nov 29, 2020
Freely u recieved, freely u give.. grin
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by adedayoa2(f): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2020
Hmmmm, I've dropped empty envelop several times o.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Kurumaru: 9:05am On Nov 29, 2020
kingxsamz:
You better drop money inside that envelope. undecided
Do you want to rob God? Don't you know that God is using that money to feed himself his family members and all the angels in heaven? undecided
Do you want them to go hungry?

Thank you, that's what I just told him.
Bahd guy... Very on point
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by crazycrypto710: 9:07am On Nov 29, 2020
grin
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by OyinO: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2020
Without offerings and tithes, church business will go sour. Common Covid-19 pandemic halted and grounded churches until they realised they had been fooled.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2020
Just take the envelope home........ tongue
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by obyrich(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:
No because the scripture says you should not appear in God present empty handed
The same portion of scripture stated you should gather in God's presence 3 times in a year. Abi you skipped that?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by blessedmoses68: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2020
Ignore the envelope
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by TooMuchStuff: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2020
Wrong.
Don't do that....!
Anytime you are in God House as the People Gather, just imagine that you are in meeting with God and his Angels physically watching your move both within and outside your heart.
It's literally so.

Pride is the cause of dropping empty envelope in offering bags. Pride itself destroys your fellowship with God
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Badadvisor: 9:13am On Nov 29, 2020
That's the best there's nothing bad there.
Something I do every Sunday
Even the Bible is in full support of that in Matthew 8 vs 12.

12. Give thy church thee empty that was giveth to you so you can be open to the blessings of the world.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by alphaRego01(m): 9:13am On Nov 29, 2020
DropsMic:
That's cowardice..

I can't remember the last time i gave the church my offering money.. I usually sit back and press my phone when it's time for offering...

Y'all can give your pastors your money but me prefer giving it to beggars.

Bros nawao.just stop to de go church at once
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Truefaith: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2020
Crhd
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by devlishGINGER(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2020
No money to eat. No money to even go to church.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by cosse(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2020
Depends on the underlying conditions..if you do not have you can return the empty envelope.God sees the mind...
The argument that you shouldnt do it because you shouldn't come to Gods presence empty handed is a faulty one because not giving at all is the same as returning an empty envelope because they all resullt to the same end- not giving
In some instances also the envelopes are already placed on your chairs so you still have to return them empty.
Look it is all a matter of personal conviction..try your best to give....(at a time in my life i actually put my watch in the offering envelope cause i didnt have offering..one time it was an earpiece set..lol)...but if you dont have dont sweat over it God definitely understands.....
So my final "personal" answer......YES....you can!! ..as long as you really did not have ....its a matter of the heart...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Maxfe: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2020
It wit bad for you if you stop empty envelope.

Make N500 bonus per each referral with VPD mobile banking app.
You could make up to N50k daily.

At the end of your registration you will be giving a virtual card like your ATM and your account number to make payment such as online shopping, run Facebook ads and so on.

What is VPD?

Financial solution. Save 3% on every transaction. Convert currencies with ease.

With VPD money, you can say goodbye to the stress and hurdles that come with traditional banking. Receive money, make payments, keep track of your expenditures and enjoy easy access to your favourite international brands.
VPD Money is a smart financial product for mobile people who care about easy, smart and secure transactions; and VPD money comes with many of such bonuses like:
-Unlimited free transfers
-Access to borderless payments via virtual cards
-Cash backs on every transaction
-Easy conversion from local currency to international currencies
-Access to exclusive tickets, top-ups, bills & subscription payment services in minutes!
You are already smart, it’s only a smart choice to choose borderless banking for mobile people.

How to register

1. Download the app "vpd" directly from play store and lunch the app.

2. Click on sign up and enter your phone number. You will receive a confirmation code through SMS. Enter the code and verify .

3. Enter your BVN, then enter your personal information tally with your BVN.

4. Enter your user name, on the referral optional copy this code�� 6NZ80E and paste in there. Note: ensure you input this code to balance your registration process.

5. Create a strong password that you could easily remember. Password contains capital and later with numeric.

6. Fill the Security question option and make sure you remember it.

7. Congratulations account created successful. Check your email and verify it.

8. Enter your pin. This is the pin you will use in transaction process. Be sure to remember it.

9. Under the app click Card to create a virtual card like your atm. Enter four pin and upload your photo. Congratulations virtual card created.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Lamasta(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2020
If you don't have paper money to give as offering then give your self as offering and living sacrifice to God holy and acceptable...
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by majamajic(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2020
Why collect the envelope when u know u don't have ?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Seyzcham91(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2020
The Answer is simple! if there is money in your pocket at that monent you have that offering paper with you and you still chose not to put something inside thats a Sin i believe cuz it was deliberate!

But it you don't have, or maybe your last card in your pocket you can decide not to put anything in the paper, God will understand and Himself would not want you to Trek back Home! grin
omodaamola:
Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?

Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Modern Churches now use branded envelops to take their offerings, once they give you, you must drop it....It is even written on it 'Do not take it home'. Some churches even go as far as giving more than one envelops (regular service, not on a Thanksgiving Sunday).

Nairalanders, if you worship in a Church that you dance forward to drop these offering envelops, and you are probably on a budget to give once or you don't even have at all. What would you do? Drop an empty envelop? Is this bad?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by safetyInspector(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2020
That instruction was given for Festival of Unleavened Bread, Festival of Harvest and Festival of Shelters.
Jones4190:
No because the scripture says you should not appear in God present empty handed
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Innobee99(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2020
If I don't have money for offering no need collecting the envelope. Na God I dey give no be Pastor.

Why I go put myself under pressure?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by IsraelOA(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2020
It is so painful that people don't want to break loose from denominationalism... Be the Church, stop fooling yourself!

Denominational isn't the will of God for a perfect church, a place of strict rules, a place of DOs and DONTs, a place of formality, a place of structural organization is not the will of the Father.

The church is the fellowship of two or three believers, anywhere and anytime...

Stop obeying the Law of Moses and claiming to be a New testament believer.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Toluwanise247(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2020
I have done that many times na God go forgive us jare ����
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2020
omodaamola:
Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?

Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Modern Churches now use branded envelops to take their offerings, once they give you, you must drop it....It is even written on it 'Do not take it home'. Some churches even go as far as giving more than one envelops (regular service, not on a Thanksgiving Sunday).

Nairalanders, if you worship in a Church that you dance forward to drop these offering envelops, and you are probably on a budget to give once or you don't even have at all. What would you do? Drop an empty envelop? Is this bad?

I would rather not take the envelope than drop empty envelope, and if i already taken the envelope and walk to the front to drop my envelope i am going to leave it on the chair. Or walk past the offering basket without droping anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Infallibility Question / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / Child Dedication By Christians, Any Biblical Support To This Practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.