Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition (7890 Views)

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by DamnnNiggarr: 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
I didn’t defect to APC over presidential ambition- Umahi reiterates

Dave Umahi

Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi has reiterated that he did not defect to the All Progressives Congress (APC) to contest for presidency in 2023.

Umahi made the declaration on Sunday during the first APC stakeholders meeting he was superintending over since his defection to the party.

According to him, who dash monkey Banana; I did not negotiate with the presidency or anyone to contest the position under the APC.

“My next line of action after my governorship is in God’s hands and there is nothing God cannot do.

“Anyone wishing to contest for the presidency or governorship of the state should meditate and pray that God should not send him if God’s spirit is not with such person.

“This is because it is going to be very tough and we are really in the end time,” he said.

He remarked that the leadership of the state would never come from outside its shores, stating that his meekness should not be mistaken for weakness.

“We will not allow the PDP to die in the state but still assist its executives to survive.

“I am still the father of the state and those fighting me for joining the APC should not cross the line.

“I will never confront a sitting governor but try being his friend because the powers of government are enormous,” he said.

Umahi announced the nomination of the immediate past APC state Chairman, Mr Nwachukwu Eze as a commissioner in conformity with the agreement reached before the dissolution of the party’s erstwhile state executive committee.

“We should set up committees at the wards and Local Government Areas to aggressively pursue our membership registration process and the disbursement of palliatives to our people in December,” he said.

Chief Mike Okoro, an industrialist and APC Stalwart in the state commended the governor for implementing an all-inclusive policy since joining the party and urged him not to derail in that regard.

Prof. Mike Awoke, another party Chieftain, read the communiqué after the meeting, highlighting that stakeholders had resolved to work towards strengthening the party in the state.

The communiqué condemned the maligning of the governor by some persons over the defection, insisting that it was in the interest of the state and South East zone.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that political tension has heightened in Ebonyi since Umahi’s defection to the APC from the PDP with resentment and bickering pervading the environment.

https://m.guardian.ng/politics/i-didnt-defect-to-apc-over-presidential-ambition-umahi-reiterates/amp/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by yarimo(m): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mr UMAHI you did the right thing no need to explain. INEC will soon de registered PDP as a political party.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Iyajelili(f): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fear politicians!
I don't know why but I remember HUNGERBAD this night. May he continue to rest in peace.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by ChangetheChange: 12:05am On Nov 30, 2020
cheesy grin cheesy
Umahi has been lamenting every day since he defected to APC, he is now in political wilderness.
Umahi eye don clear, he is regretting his defection, as those he expected to defect with him, have rather stayed back in PDP and take over the structure of Ebonyi PDP

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Racoon(m): 12:11am On Nov 30, 2020
So the marginalization issue was not it after all by your thinking now? Governor Dave Umahi should please respect himself and shelve all these unnecessary lamentation because he owes no one any apology.As you make your bed so shall you lie on it.It's your political choice, so do live with it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 30, 2020
Maybe the APC has started questioning his political clout and capital from the PDP..

Belittling yourself on not fighting for the ticket in APC shows your allegation on "PDP 2023 zoning" was just hogwash..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Fahdiga(m): 5:29am On Nov 30, 2020
He has been humbled. he has seen that the APC deceived him with the presidential ticket but now they have told him he is just a party member

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by IamWonderful: 5:30am On Nov 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by ChoCho54(f): 5:42am On Nov 30, 2020
I never Umahi was such a slowpoke. Not because he defected to APC, but dude lacks intellect,charisma and charm required to be a governor.

11 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Strongbest(m): 6:01am On Nov 30, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by englishmart(m): 6:01am On Nov 30, 2020
I used to think that the opinion that once you join the apc your sense of rationality evaporates was just a wrong generalisation until Umahi proved me wrong. It's time this guy spoke less to hide his folly

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by singwa: 6:02am On Nov 30, 2020
Talking too much won't help you.
Everyone knows you're eyeing the presidency

Just come out and say it like a man. Nobody will beat you.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by pickatyou2: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2020
Umahi speaking from both sides of his mouth right now.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by mainkendo: 6:05am On Nov 30, 2020
grin. Umahi is wise. We would study this man in the future .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by helinues: 6:06am On Nov 30, 2020
Alaye, resist the urge to shalaye

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Perfecttouchade: 6:14am On Nov 30, 2020
Ok, defection is like purewater in Nigeria politics. Get your quality Aluminium windows fabricated with Perfect Touch Aluminium.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by cyrilsan7(m): 6:14am On Nov 30, 2020
APC is already dead in south east....he never see any thing yet
ChangetheChange:
cheesy grin cheesy
Umahi has been lamenting every day since he defected to APC, he is now in political wilderness.
Umahi eye don clear, he is regretting his defection, as those he expected to defect with him, have rather stayed back in PDP and take over the structure of Ebonyi PDP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by gratiaeo(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2020
Umahi have already loosed out before he started his political career in APC, you can not join APC and not become confuse. Akpabio case will be a child play compare to his

8 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by techmo(m): 6:19am On Nov 30, 2020
cool

Ok

It would be Foolish to admit you are running for president at this point because of sharks and wolves

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by adamooye: 6:20am On Nov 30, 2020
E pain them oh
Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Godchosen001: 6:21am On Nov 30, 2020
Wahala tie niyen

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Aufbauh(m): 6:23am On Nov 30, 2020
It's so funny that most Igbos are vilifying him for defecting to the APC.

To set the matter straight APC is just a name and not a person, so dying for a party name in Nigeria where we all i believe that they are the same make no sense.
APC in Ebonyi are also people from Ebonyi so i don't understand their logic for the disdain.

I've wondered the kind of affinity they have for the PDP and what benefits they've gotten from this beloved PDP over the 21yrs of unalloyed support and loyalty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by InvertedHammer: 6:24am On Nov 30, 2020
/
He is just an obscure politician. There is no way hawks in APC would let him come in and be very important at the national level. He got played. All these explanations are unnecessary. APC folks are renegades in their promises. He should have known better. He is now just a floor member in APC grin Once his tenure is over, it is over.

/

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by majamajic(m): 6:27am On Nov 30, 2020
This man should allow us rest
Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by Courageboy16: 6:40am On Nov 30, 2020
As u enter there, is not as u think am again abi. u never start to dey shout. ur eyes go soon clear very well.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by tunapawizzy: 6:43am On Nov 30, 2020
DONT TELL US WHAT WE KNOW ALREADY...na THE BAG U WAN SECURE if he truly said "who dash monkey banana" then i am sorry for him and the people that look up to him

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I Didn’t Defect To APC Over Presidential Ambition by xcesspaschal(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2020
Stop singing sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Governors To Meet On Thursday / Tinubu Had 16 Foreign Accounts While In Office? / I Will Celebrate Big At 80, Says Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.