Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC (51349 Views)

NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? / Best States For Nysc And The Highest Paying States For Nysc 2018 / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by majamajic(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
My Anambra , we give out houses free to NYSC members !
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by DimIsaac10(m): 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2020
Lies upon lies.. Depending on your courses and placements abeg.... Take for instance if you serve in Ekpe in Lagos you are on your own.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Pravedk: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
See eh. Sometimes for this life just follow the cruise wey God carry you put. I remember paying 15k to work my nysc to AKS or Rivers. Na sokoto state dem come post me.. Ah! I curse nysc die that day. So tey people come gather dey comfort me.

But as I go right from camp, chai! I come find one sweet edo witch. Na so wetin I dey find inside shokoto come dey sokoto�

The truth is, if may not work for you. But the core northerners can be friendly as long as you are not chasing after thier girls in hijab. If you want keep your hands intact- no look hausa girl side.

There may not be many job opportunities up there except for maybe places like borno where ngo are many. But if you intend looking for a place to either do business or want to see if you can find a business to replicate in your place? Then maybe the north might be good for you. I almost made my first million too from hoarding onions in wurno. Onions was cheap back then in 2014.

The northerners are good traders, and that's what makes them good politicians.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Awwwwwh I’m yet to find anyone who served in Oyo without any Best experience! I’m also yet to get over the beautiful and wonderful experience I had there even though it is over 5years now lol

I served in a very beautiful town - Isemi-Ile.
How about you?

Typing this almost got tears dropping from my eyes...beautiful memories.

Nice, I was at ojoo but I had the opportunity to visit oyor, ogbomosho, and few other places where i spent some time. Mine is less than 5 years ago. Really beautiful, no noise, cost effective.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
i’m currently serving at a rural area in enugu and been paid 4k cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
The day I stepped into NYSC camp, Ede, Osun state, I said nothing like redeployment for me.
I don't know about other folks but Osun state is a place I'd love to serve if given the opportunity to serve again.

Op, please, Lagos has opportunities but stress won't make you enjoy your service in Lagos. Lagos is too crowded and expensive. You may not get to enjoy your money no matter how hard you try to save.

Osun state pays 5k alright, but the security, good road network, constant electricity, cheap transport and accommodation will make it worthwhile. During my service year, I was able to save up to 65% of my total income in a month (allowee + side hustle). Clean selfcon is 50-70k in Osogbo, Single room with good toilet is 24k.

I don't see why you earn close to 100k in a month yet stress and high cost of living won't even make you see the money you are earning.
Better to earn 80k in Osogbo than earn 150k in Lagos or Akwa Ibom. Fact

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by 77up(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
One of the cheapest, peaceful , stress-free State is Osun.

You might even lucky to get a very good free accomodation. Electricity in Osun is averagely ok compare to other states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by SavageMaster: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
obrien29:

10 Best States to Choose for NYSC

: https://evure.com.ng/2020/11/24/best-states-to-choose-for-nysc/

Is the white guy you included his picture also doing NYSC? shocked

I think Benue should be included, as corpers serving there can buy food items cheap and resell in their states
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by spy24(m): 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
Delta is a very cool place to serve

Lagos has opportunity

But I'll like pH or abuja
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by tellsblinks(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
NarnieAceTech:
The day I stepped into NYSC camp, Ede, Osun state, I said nothing like redeployment for me.

Op, please, Lagos has opportunities but stress won't make you enjoy your service in Lagos. Lagos is too crowded and expensive. You won't get to enjoy your money no matter how hard you try to save.

Osun state pays 5k alright, but the security, good road network, constant electricity, cheap transport and accommodation. During my service year, I was able to save up to 65% of my total income in a month (allowee + side hustle). Clean selfcon is 50-70k in Osogbo, Single room with good toilet is 24k.

I don't see why you earn close to 100k in a month yet stress and high cost of living won't even make you see the money you are earning.

Lol are you a medical doctor?? Omoh we don't earn 100k a month ooh. It's times three lower than that
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Dreyton36: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
Seyzcham91:
you no dey help them, na them go dey help you with free pussy so no need to dey spend money on olosho again

we know better

if truly una won help na Guys you go write for here no be babes..

ashawo ooshi grin undecided

I'm born to help just females
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Moferere: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
ezechi24:

oga I beg go sit down one place...we are talking about 2020 the hardship coupled with a dead brain as president...u are talking of 2010 when the best president in history of Nigeria ya adua was president..can u compare the cost of living in abuja in 2010 with 2020?.

Do you want to learn or you want to wail?
Let me know what you are up to.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Coldie(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
70% of people who serve in lagos and abuja don't go back to their states

1 Like

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by okunwaye(m): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
Barbsamiin:

I'm 100% sure the writer have not been in any northern states before, The way you're taught of muslims and north in churches and by your elders was totally wrong cause nobody would disallow you from practicing your religion. North is simple and very easy to live but ask who once lives or serves their.
The op is right.the greater part of nasarawa population are Christians.
Note:I am a resident
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by IRODANOSA(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
I enjoyed my service year in Kano. Had little hiccups, although it was a good time overall.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
tellsblinks:

Lol are you a medical doctor?? Omoh we don't earn 100k a month ooh. It's times three lower than that

I mean total income (allowee + ppa) serving in Lagos as mentioned by the Op. He said some PPA pay as high as 45-70k range.

And as for the comparison between Osun and Lagos, I meant in terms of earning via full time hustle, not as a corps member.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by EbukaHades10(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
NarnieAceTech:
I don't know about other folks but Osun state is a place I'd love to serve if given the opportunity to serve again.

Op, please, Lagos has opportunities but stress won't make you enjoy your service in Lagos. Lagos is too crowded and expensive. You may not get to enjoy your money no matter how hard you try to save.

Osun state pays 5k alright, but the security, good road network, constant electricity, cheap transport and accommodation will make it worthwhile. During my service year, I was able to save up to 65% of my total income in a month (allowee + side hustle). Clean selfcon is 50-70k in Osogbo, Single room with good toilet is 24k.

Osogbo na cruise sha. I enjoyed that place no be small.

Who send me to relocate

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Classworked(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:

When I was still around, I used to visit AKS almost every month. In fact that was the Last state I visited before I left Naija.
I was fond of spending weekends with my friends there.
..... a very Peaceful state.
There are many states I can't visit the way I visit AKS

Why did you choose the "Evilforest" brand? There are things I want to learn from you.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by OfficialAPCNig: 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
If you want to enjoy your service year, don't serve in Lagos.

Come to Lagos after service.

Even with a car, I wake up by 4:30 everyday to prepare for work, leave by 5:30 and spend over 2 hrs in traffic.

Is that one life?

Anyway some leave, I don run go Enugu or Kano

3 Likes

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
Well, I don't know about others. I served in Kwara State & it was like home to me tongue. The listed benefits aren't available ( or sure) though

Right from beginning,,,, I no dey do pass mysef cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by IRODANOSA(m): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
Kano government does not pay corpers any damn thing though. That ended when Ganduje came on board (in his first tenure).
I didn't receive any 5k from government when I served there from November last year to October 2020.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by lagdmark(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
Rubbish post best state, does it mean that those who serve in those states will have Direct job offer.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Osogbo na cruise sha. I enjoyed that place no be small.

Who send me to relocate

Hahahahaha! grin @ Last statement and picture. With the guys and chicks I met in camp, I told myself there's no way I was gonna redeploy. Lord knows when I'm well settled financially, I'm going back to start a business and family in Osogbo.

You can always serve again if you want.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Donspicey: 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
SpicyMimi:
Oyo state has to be the very BEST!!! My Service year was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

My baby i sight u........

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Donspicey: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hmmmmm......

Wahala for who no finish school........

Set awon school na scam........

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by engrsyer(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
Op, you tried but in Rivers State, Obio/Akpor and PHC are not the only place to enjoy your NYSC if you are been posted there.

Bonny Island(LGA) is far better than Port Harcourt right now to do your NYSC because the NLNG in Bonny Island is about starting a major construction work that would absorb not less than 10,000 work force so if you serve there then you might just be lucky to have a good or average job to work there after NYSC.

Though as a Rivers man I enjoyed my NYSC in Shiroro Hydro Dam Power Station as my PPA. Every weekend and as the CLO I do organise few of my paddy men to buy and Slaughter one he-goat for the week then the intestine for pepper soup, send other of my guys to go to Minna and buy some liquors to enjoy ourselves every Saturday night breaking Sunday till I passed out. The corpers in our corpers' Lodge inside the Staff Quarters of PHCN, Shiroro Hydroelectric Plc really enjoyed my administration especially the otondos. They felt like they are not in the North.

It was great sha

4 Likes

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by parkervero(m): 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2020
I feel like slapping you OP for saying kano pay state alawee. Through out my service year we were not paid a dime by the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Yhemzie(m): 1:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
Harkynkunle:
@Op ... Pls get your fact right... As at 2012/2013.. Enugu State pays 10k to all corpers monthly irrespective of PPA.... So do you now mean it’s been reduced to 4K monthly ??
It could be possible, based on increase in the number of corpers serving annually.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by wildikeman(m): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
obrien29:
So, on our list of 10 best states to choose for NYSC are states you have access to jobs and businesses; states where you can easily settle after the program as they have good standard of living, and you can make money or get a job in them.

Nevertheless, that we focused on jobs and businesses doesn’t mean we neglected other factors like security, cost of living and interactive capacity of the host states. We also included other factors as well. While jobs and businesses are the priority, we also let other factors serve as part of determinants of our choice.

10 Best States to Choose for NYSC

: https://evure.com.ng/2020/11/24/best-states-to-choose-for-nysc/

As for Nasarawa . That's a lie about the state paying a dim.
I served in Azara development community Nsarawa and till date that fücking state still owes me 64k. I served in the year 2017/18.
It shall not be well with Tanko Al Makura

1 Like

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Edwin046(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Currently Nasarawa is paying 5k,thats wr i served(Akwanga)...and i know of a school that pays 20k to corper ( OLA girls)in Akwanga very close to formal minister of information house Labaran Maku..
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by UNCL3(m): 1:39pm On Dec 06, 2020
Your list incomplete without Cross River

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Salutes Her Elder Brother For Training Her In School (Photo) / How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 / How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.