Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC (51338 Views)

NYSC: Which States Will You Suggest I Choose For Service? / Best States For Nysc And The Highest Paying States For Nysc 2018 / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Stefenijoan002(f): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
Yeah but it depends on where you posted too .but trust me if it's southern Kaduna you we surely love it .but for the northern part I can't say .(quote author=Richdee1 post=96824449]

Heard there are lots of Intl NGOs there one can serve with and get jobs easily, how true is it? Cos that's where I'm looking at. Kaduna, Kano or Borno. Update me please[/quote]
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Stefenijoan002(f): 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
Yeah heard of that fight when we came.my best decision was serving in the north if not I wouldn't have know they're the kindest people in this country ..very friendly,lovely,accommodating name it.and truth was at first I wanted to relocate in camp if not for a friend I meant there .she was like babes don't go you we love this place .i thank God I actually listened to her .if not for insecurity I would have stayed back coz life is just so easy there .
rhymesnoni:

Wow!!!

U served in Sanga?
If not for insecurity, Sanga is an averagely good place to Serve. I remember how i wiped the day i recieved my posting letter, was posted to Victory Nursery and Primary School at Sanga, That was around June 2016. after all the permutation and loby to be posted to Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, today, i thank God they didn't.

The community 'then' had this Herdsmen and communal clash, there was always tendency for attack. this made the town look very dry, scanty and also scary, my parents heard of the Security situation and could not risk me Spending an entire 12 Calendar Months in a community like that, I relocated to Abuja. Till date that is the best decision i ever made, the decision that has shaped my life to where i am today.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by rhymesnoni(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2020
[quote author=Stefenijoan002 post=96825079][/quote]

Yaah, u are actually correct. most of the people from the Southern part especially "South East" believed that the moment u step your foot in the North you start encountering Boko Haram and all forms of Insecurity, that was the Impression they had about the North, most especially those that have not been there before. they all had a clearer picture after Camp, nd forgot about relocating.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Stefenijoan002(f): 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2020
Exactly myself included.
rhymesnoni:

Yaah, u are actually correct. most of the people from the Southern part especially "South East" believed that the moment u step your foot in the North you start encountering Boko Haram and all forms of Insecurity, that was the Impression they had about the North, most especially those that have not been there before. they all had a clearer picture after Camp, nd forgot about relocating.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Yaks02(m): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
illicit:
Osun....

70% electricity

Few native graduates

They love corpers...

Well said

Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Yaks02(m): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
obrien29:

Nassarawa should be replaced with Plateau state
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by obrien29(m): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2020
Yaks02:

Nassarawa should be replaced with Plateau state

Why do you think so? Plateau has been having security issues ... And again, the state government doesn't pay and it's not industrialized or even business friendly. The only thing it can boast of is weather.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Kfed4ril(m): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2020
SpicyMimi:
Oyo state has to be the very BEST!!! My Service year was the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

What part of oyo?
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by SpicyMimi(f): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
Kfed4ril:

What part of oyo?
Isemi-Ile cheesy
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Kfed4ril(m): 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Isemi-Ile cheesy

Where’s that?
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by SpicyMimi(f): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Where’s that?
Hahaha in Kajola Local government beside Okeho cheesy But in Oyo state not Ibadan oo lol
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Kfed4ril(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Hahaha in Kajola Local government beside Okeho cheesy But in Oyo state not Ibadan oo lol

Oh
Mine was in Oke olola in Atiba LGA sha 2016.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by SpicyMimi(f): 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Oh
Mine was in Oke olola in Atiba LGA sha 2016.
Lol never heard of this LGA at all lol I miss Oyo oo
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Kfed4ril(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Lol never heard of this LGA at all lol I miss Oyo oo
It’s in Oyo town, it’s the local government where the Alafin palace is.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Mertedesigns: 5:58am On Dec 17, 2020
UNCL3:
Your list incomplete without Cross River
currently in Crossriver. Tell me about your experience.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by luvlyoracle(m): 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2020
engrsyer:
Op, you tried but in Rivers State, Obio/Akpor and PHC are not the only place to enjoy your NYSC if you are been posted there.

Bonny Island(LGA) is far better than Port Harcourt right now to do your NYSC because the NLNG in Bonny Island is about starting a major construction work that would absorb not less than 10,000 work force so if you serve there then you might just be lucky to have a good or average job to work there after NYSC.

Though as a Rivers man I enjoyed my NYSC in Shiroro Hydro Dam Power Station as my PPA. Every weekend and as the CLO I do organise few of my paddy men to buy and Slaughter one he-goat for the week then the intestine for pepper soup, send other of my guys to go to Minna and buy some liquors to enjoy ourselves every Saturday night breaking Sunday till I passed out. The corpers in our corpers' Lodge inside the Staff Quarters of PHCN, Shiroro Hydroelectric Plc really enjoyed my administration especially the otondos. They felt like they are not in the North.

It was great sha
Hello boss...am about serving I don't know if there is chance for me anywhere
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by sirblend: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:
The day I stepped into NYSC camp, Ede, Osun state, I said nothing like redeployment for me.
I don't know about other folks but Osun state is a place I'd love to serve if given the opportunity to serve again.

Op, please, Lagos has opportunities but stress won't make you enjoy your service in Lagos. Lagos is too crowded and expensive. You may not get to enjoy your money no matter how hard you try to save.

Osun state pays 5k alright, but the security, good road network, constant electricity, cheap transport and accommodation will make it worthwhile. During my service year, I was able to save up to 65% of my total income in a month (allowee + side hustle). Clean selfcon is 50-70k in Osogbo, Single room with good toilet is 24k.

I don't see why you earn close to 100k in a month yet stress and high cost of living won't even make you see the money you are earning.
Better to earn 80k in Osogbo than earn 150k in Lagos or Akwa Ibom. Fact
I would like to contact you.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
sirblend:
I would like to contact you.
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what for exactly?
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by sirblend: 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Hope you don't mind my asking, but what for exactly?
Can you connect me to major importers of computers and electronic.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by NarnieAceTech: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
sirblend:

Can you connect me to major importers of computers and electronic.

Oh, ok, I will make some calls.

By computers you mean desktop or laptops?
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by sirblend: 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Oh, ok, I will make some calls.

By computers you mean desktop or laptops?

Yes
And also electronics like TV and home theater.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Eminant: 2:58am On Aug 17, 2021
tell me more about Borno

Exactly, same experience I had. One room per Corper. I still keep in touch with many of my lode mates. We are all over the world now.

I was even given a 1 bedroom flat since I was a doctor but it was so far from the other corp members so I requested to stay in the lodge with the other Corp members with one room to my self.

Borno was my first choice and Oyo my last. I wasn’t even expecting Oyo because I schooled in lagos. But it came out this way. Sweet memories indeed.
Re: 10 Best States To Choose For NYSC, To Make Money Or Get A Job After NYSC by Omoalaji12: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
I don't even know why people attend NYSC, it has now value to folk's life. But if Nigerian student get job after NYSC, then that's good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Salutes Her Elder Brother For Training Her In School (Photo) / How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 / How NYSC Members Are Recruited For Prostitution In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.