Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why (40697 Views)

Multi-Billion Naira Property That Landed Suspended AGF In EFCC Net (Billion) / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
samdunzo:

Under a regional structure, there would be economies of scale that if realized, would fare better than even the best of states
Each region can have subunits(LGA) with greater degrees of autonomy, helping reduce any potential conflict in multiethnic regions (NE, MB, and ND)
Exactly why i believe it is better to address this problem now via the creation of regions and decentralization of certain sectors that will create jobs than wait for oil money to stop flowing.
As I said earlier, the issue of domination can be addressed through laws and decrees. It is likely that the state HOA's would combine to form one big regional HOA, so all groups would still be represented within that regional government

Making the 6 geo political zones the Federation units will not work. We need about 16 states. Zones like the NC and SS who have multiple ethnic groups might boil over.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Alba3: 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2020
The problem of SW states is too much government work force. How can you continue to leave your market and small business trading to foreigners and after you've earned something, you will over pay for fake products in which the sellers will still mock you on top and squeeze every amenity with you.

It's time to take back the markets and forget rubbish white collar jobs that can hardly carter for you. The government workers in Osun alone are more than those in five states merging together.

#Takebackyourmarketswyouths
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by horsepower102: 7:39pm On Nov 30, 2020
flokii:
At this stage, I feel everyone should go back to their state of origin and put it in order.

Why will Oyo be accomodating her own indigenes and millions of economic refuges coming in to compete with locals for livelihood. How do you expect the state government to cater for the huge population of migrants??

See the other day, shameless Okorocha went to Sanwo Olu to solicit better welfare for Imo indigenes in Lagos. Please is Imo state not collecting allocations from FG and generating revenue?
Omo odua una better wake up before some people hide under one Nigeria to finish you. How many Yorubas do you see running to their place? None!

SHUT UP AND GO AND DEVELOP YOUR STATES.

Very soon you will blame Igbos for your personal failures in life. SHAME ON YOU

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by codemaniacs: 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by codemaniacs: 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
zz
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by chozzy: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
I knew Osun will be among
the 8 failed states

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BabaIbo: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
I am not surprised to see Osun State there.

The level at which people beg for alms there is alarming.

It is competing with Lagos or Kano.

May God have mercy on Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BabaIbo: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
codemaniacs:

flokii, alba3 has just stated one of many solutions, your one of many solutions is too harsh as taxes are needed too boost igr and non-yorubas contribute to that so one of my many solutions is to build state owned express ways and toll them, alba3 idea is quite harsh but it should be that yoruba are get 70% - 90% of shop spaces in all markets in the SW and the same for work spaces for small businesses..

instead of hiring many employees who would remain idle in state govt more people should hired and given capital to take shop spaces in markets and smes and agriculture..

Trash...

This is a federation and not a regional government inclined government.

BTW, how many of your people can do normal everyday business or has the zeal to buy and build the way those you referred to as foreigners do?

An average Yoruba man or woman reasoning na to spend or flex without working hard but those foreigners hustle, when you now see them spending/investing, jealousy or envy sets in.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by unshakablejihad: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Alba3:
The problem of SW states is too much government work force. How can you continue to leave your market and small business trading to foreigners and after you've earned something, you will over pay for fake products in which the sellers will still mock you on top and squeeze every amenity with you.

It's time to take back the markets and forget rubbish white collar jobs that can hardly carter for you. The government workers in Osun alone are more than those in five states merging together.

STFU! yen yen yen yen yen yen yen...always blaming igbos for ur failures...shame on u grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by samdunzo: 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Making the 6 geo political zones the Federation units will not work. We need about 16 states. Zones like the NC and SS who have multiple ethnic groups might boil over.

Trust me, with the right set of laws and decrees, it will. If you're saying that some tribes won't be in the same region, remember that these are just political boundaries. the socio- cultural organizations will cover tribes regardless of the political borders within Nigeria
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by unshakablejihad: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
TruthHurts1:
You mean the debt he inherited from the late barawo, the constituted authority on stealing in Oyo State?
The problem is you APC mouthpieces think that following LIE MUHAMMAD's example is a good idea, but lying will only expose you to ridicule.

[img]https://images./2ZeC2M89tdQXItUUZLnVm8.jpg[/img]

yaribas are full of lies! obasi mbom angry

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by samdunzo: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
codemaniacs:

the guy you quoted will never consider your point of view..

when you say "the regions" be specific of which regions were becoming bankrupt...

besides the guy you quoted only has one purpose and one goal of convincing and manipulating people reading his comments that regionalism is a very bad idea... and he uses the 5.7 tax to GDP ratio scam to deceive his readers.

Nigeria's tax to GDP ratio is low because the population is fraudulently high, if Nigeria population is cut to something lower than 100 million then a lot of negative economic reports it has will become positive reports..

Yea, well it doesn't really matter if he takes it. the truth is, if NGA remains one within the next 30 years, a truthful conversation about the political structure will need to be held.
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BastardWike: 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
The truth of the matter is, Nigerian states do not charge enough taxes.

Overall, our tax to gdp ratio is 5.8%. Attempts to charge extra taxes in Nigeria are always met with protests and 'what have they done with the money they have'?

Yes, I agree they should cut the salaries of the National assembly, which at the end of the day will not yiled enough to cater for all the states. Yes, they should fight corruption, which is good...until Nigerians start opposing anti-corruption efforts...like ASUU just did with IPPIS.

But when you don't charge enough taxes, problems start.

Nigerians live on the myth that the oil money we have can cater for everyone's needs. The truth is, it can't. We needf oil to be at least $139 per barrel before we can say that we have enough for all pour needs...and it is that way because of our large populaiton. As things stand, for our earnings to cater for our needs, we need to cut our population overnight by 160million people ( poison gas or alien invasion?..okay i'm being too morbid here).

South Africa and Ghana have tax to gdp ratios of 24% and above. And they have their own share of corrupt polticans and leaders (one ANC bigwig is in trobule for bribes and corruption in Azania right now)..and they have enough cash to pay their workers.

Nigeria is an entity made up of states who don't want to act like states and don't want to be innovative. Everyone rather waits for oil money. I think that we should introduce resource control. Oil states control 90% of the revenue from their earnings. Maybe many OTHER states will start taxing the GDP more heavily...and see their money grow.

You sound objective with your analysis most times and you tend to back your points with facts and figures, however, you also have a tendency of being pro-goverment.

One of Nigeria's greatest problems as a nation is overpopulation. Worse still, the excess population is a largely unproductive one with abysmally low purchasing power thus making it a huge liability unlike China, India and Indonesia that have turned theirs into great assets.

In the same Northern Nigeria where poverty is hovering around 90% is where government and leaders of thought are still encouraging mass procreation among dirt poor people. Using religion as cover, they encourage adolescents to be getting married, organize mass weddings at government expense and all that.

The South, especially Igbos are already implementing population control through late marriages, having fewer children and being 99.9% monogamous.

Well nature has a way of bringing balance to the ecosystem. North's overpopulation is already being pruned down through insecurity and the Hobbessian society they've created for themselves.

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by ZhiosonWind: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Why won't Oyo state be in distress when Makinde has been borrowing billions to build bus stops?

I am afraid Oyo might become another Kogi very soon.
Oyo will recover and never become like kogi
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Alba3: 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
unshakablejihad:

STFU! yen yen yen yen yen yen yen...always blaming igbos for ur failures...shame on u grin grin

You're very very insecure! I will repeat it,

Yoruba youths should do everything and take over trading businesses in their region.

If you don't like it, do the needful.
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BastardWike: 8:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Alba3:

Aside teaching, ministry, tailoring, hawking agbo concotion and taxi driving jobs, what else can guys do? Do you have the brains and patience to run businesses?

You people don't even know how primitive and ignorant you sound when you ask people to return to their states. Even in America where every state controls their resources, you can't even dare to tell people to return to their states, how much more a country where some parts rely on the resources from other regions.

SMH!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Alba3: 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
BastardWike:
Aside teaching, ministry, tailoring and taxi driving jobs, what else can guys do? Do you have the brains and patience to run businesses?

You people don't even know how primitive and ignorant you sound when you ask people to return to their states. Even in America where every state controls their resources, you can't even dare to tell people to return to their states, how much more a country where some parts rely on the resources from other regions.

SMH!

Don't worry, your eyes will soon clear when the sleeping youths begin to see the potentials in trading in their region.

No one will force you to only sell to your people if you like. The youths must wake up and take up these trading opportunity with hardworking.

I still don't know why you people are very very angry because Yoruba youths are being encouraged to engage in trading because of the growing population...is trading made for you alone?
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BastardWike: 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2020
Alba3:

You're very very insecure! I will repeat it,

Yoruba youths should do everything and take over trading businesses in their region. If you don't like it, do the needful.

On the contrary, you're actually the one who is alarmingly insecure, no pun intended!

Can't you see how you guys are making Igbos to appear like superhumans. This character traits you're exhibiting was exactly the same thing your fathers where seen on national TV displaying a show of shame when they were lamenting bitterly and crying to Tinubu to save them from Igbos grin grin grin

Now, it would leave a casual observer wondering what exactly the Igbos did to those men lamenting pathetically on national TV. How can Igbos leave their region, come to your own region, buy or rent shops at inflated prices only for you to be crying for help to remove them forcefully?? Did Igbos displace you guys at gunpoint??

Kai, see as shame leave you come dey catch me on your behalf. Oga Ade shocked shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by codemaniacs: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2020
zz
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by capitalzero: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
techmo:
cool

Within 2 years in office Makinde borrowed 30billion from UBA and first bank , and 100 billion in bond .. lol

I wonder how debt burden Oyo State would be in 2023

It's better to vote Financial Expert than an Engineer

Case Study Eng Aregbesola and Eng Seyi Makinde... Pilling up debt on utterly stupid construction which are not economically feasible

Can u pls tell us debt ajimobi left behind as at May 2019?

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by authority2006(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
According to BudgIT, the worst hit of these eight states are Osun, Bauchi , Plateau, Gombe, Adamawa, Ekiti, Kogi and Oyo State.

Thanks to Aregbe, the guys borrowed so much money and he ended up wasting 80% of that loan on numerous failed and abandoned projects.

techmo:
cool
Within 2 years in office Makinde borrowed 30billion from UBA and first bank , and 100 billion in bond .. lol

I wonder how debt burden Oyo State would be in 2023

It's better to vote Financial Expert than an Engineer

Case Study Eng Aregbesola and Eng Seyi Makinde... Pilling up debt on utterly stupid construction which are not economically feasible

Very much on point
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Alba3: 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
BastardWike:

On the contrary, you're actually the one who is alarmingly insecure, no pun intended!

Can't you see how you guys are making Igbos to appear like superhumans. This character traits you're exhibiting was exactly the same thing your fathers where seen on national TV displaying a show of shame when they were lamenting bitterly and crying to Tinubu to save them from Igbos grin grin grin

Now, it would leave a casual observer wondering what exactly the Igbos did to those men lamenting pathetically on national TV. How can Igbos leave their region, come to your own region, buy or rent shops at inflated prices only for you to be crying for help to remove them forcefully?? Did Igbos displace you guys at gunpoint??

Kai, see as shame leave you come dey catch me on your behalf. Oga Ade shocked shocked

I hope the mod is seeing your insults... quote where I asked Igbos to be removed?

Go and get your glasses Mr Igbo! I only encourage Yoruba youths to take up trading instead of putting unnecessary pressures on government by seeking government jobs.

The campaign has just started and it will ring everywhere...
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by plankyjacky(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
All these government are just LAZY
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by authority2006(m): 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
agadez007:
Remove Oyo,Ekiti and Osun from that list
Those states according to Nairaland Afonja media team are the richest in Nigeria nay Africa

The last time I checked, Akwa Ibom state allocation has been constantly times 10 of that of Osun state. No need to rub it on our faces. You should instead ask your governors who have more money than their brain capacity could utilise properly
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BastardWike: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

[b]
Yet your brothers keep trouping into these same States from the East...what's the point in [/b]generating so much revenue that doesn't reflect on the lives of the people.

All we ask for is good governance and no corruption everywhere.

Sure, they're capitalists and are ready to venture into poor areas to gather their widow's might. With all the insecurity, killings and poverty in the NE, there are still lots of Igbos doing business there. So it doesn't mean shrt.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BastardWike: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
XANDERO85:

You could still make your point without recourse to using the word PIG! Unless it means another thing since the last time i checked!

You're not an economist, otherwise you will know that PIGS mean Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain otherwise called PIGS for performing terrible economically. That's why I used capital letters.

1 Like

Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Obamaofusa: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
November1857:
The poorest region in the South "SE"' according to the yaruba's bureau of statistic is not there.

And my SS states are not there as well !

According to World bank,UNDP and NBS.
Thank God you did not see anything wrong in Yoruba man's budgit.
Soldier man goes,soldier man comes.
The truth is there had never been anytime in history that the Igbo people or Igboland had been richer than the Yorubas or Yorubaland.

Decades upon decades till date,Yorubas have been the richest people in Nigeria and the richest Nigerians abroad.Graces and thanks be to the Most Merciful..
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by LegalWolf: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
helinues:
They should place them on OLX
Aswear to God, especially that Osun state. If I were the Governor, I will hold a wrap of weed and smoke my life out while abandoning the people to their fates. After all, I did not put them in that situation. Why stress me? Besides, Bauchi should not cost more two kobo tho'? Kogi has fertile land for weed, what is Yahya Bello waiting for?
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by Coinbased: 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hmmm
Re: List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why by BabaIbo: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
codemaniacs:

you stereotyping yoruba people.

the "average" yoruba man or woman you are talking about are people who have generational wealth... only people who have money can spend and flex with money... and people who can spend and flex with money also have money to invest...

don't compare yoruba people that have generational wealth to immigrants who hustle, compare immigrant who hustle to indigenes who hustle...

So, agberos who collect union money, tout that always go about tasking people, those ones that form one agent or the other, those ile abami people etc have generational wealth?

I am not stereotyping them, it is the truth.
I didn't say all of them but majority of them.

You and I know you can't compare an average hustling Igbo to an average hustling Yoruba. It's evident around you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — / Buhari Leads Jonathan In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.