Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria (33006 Views)

Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) / Blockade: Meat Scarcity, High Food Prices Persist In Lagos, Ibadan, Others / Buratai: Terrorism In Nigeria Far From Over, May Continue For Another 20 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by adecz: 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
It will end when God removes you &
the other useless service chiefs & their
inept, clueless commander in chief.

Bubu & his fake quota system general.

Damn you all.

❎❎❎❎❎
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
walahi talahi....they dont want to get rid of boko....

what is this guy talkin about....boko started even before jonathan and he is talkin about another 20 years....

nawa.... undecided undecided

nigerians brace up....its not over.... undecided undecided
when your own military commander talks like this,then await alot more.... undecided undecided
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by DrewMX(m): 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
Incompetence at it's peak. Shame on the so-called Chief of Army Staff.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Roon9(m): 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:
So very undiplomatic, insensitive & stupendous. A whole COS, hopelessly instilling fears in the minds of Nigerians. Must he give reasons to further aligned with the alleged connivance rants? Lots keep wondering why PMB is still convinced to retained these failed Service Chiefs. stupid man.

The confidence in this man's ineptitude is worrisome.

His inability to admit the stunning totality of his failure tells you everything you need to know about a failed Government.

Aunty never see nothing

1 Like

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by AmuDimpka: 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Arrewa:
Dear Borno youths!!

Arewa youths are solidly behind you!!

We are sending youths from 16 core northern states to defend Borno villagers!!

Arewa youths would defend Borno!!

Don't get it twisted.... Boron is kanuri not Arewa

1 Like

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Arysexy(m): 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
omenka:
But it's true. If we have the crop of unpatriotic, incompetent, and thieving leaders we currently have for another 20 years, terrorism may persist for MORE THAN 20 more years.

Wailers are not welcomed from BMC

Sai Baba 4+4+4
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
He has calculated all the monies they will make and must ensure that the fight continues till he dies. But God will disappoint them. It will end within six months of a sensible government and all those sponsoring them will be arrested and prosecuted.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by 3ljay: 11:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
I'm not underestimating the fact that Nigeria could return to a full military regime 2023.
This Presidency's body language doesn't look like the one to handover to a non-Fulani that is not a nucleus or extended member of the cabal...they might as well accuse Buratai of being a an unpatroitic Nigerian if he overthrows this Govt. Or make any of those their idiotic speech once this possible/sinister plan is executed. Buratai has grown so powerful and Buhari is showing signs of acute dementia.
I think the madness and chaos we are seeing in this Government is well calculated and it has one underlying objective, to keep power within that circle of cabals come what may. If they can't manipulate and zone 2023 back to the North by using the backstabbers among the political elites in the SW,SE,SS then a coupe d'état would be the plan B. Then Tinubu would've established his prime position as a wealthy pawn in Bourdillon.

Anyways, Naija be alert!
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Sterope(f): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Of course.

However, with the way we are handling the fight against terrorism, 200 years is more like it.

It is a lucrative and powerful business.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by berryPee(m): 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
watch and see Buratai contesting for president in 2023 general erection
marsman:
Omokiri should teach this black buffalo a lesson. After his regime, instead of them to court martial the mad man, This stupid Nigerian Army will still be giving this Idiots Awards for what? Killing Innocent citizens and Maltreating civilians. Let me continue watching the numerous movies USA made about the Vietnam war, this Special Cowards Nigerian force is a Joke.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by MrBachelor: 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yenefer:
So very undiplomatic, insensitive & stupendous. A whole COS, hopelessly instilling fears in the minds of Nigerians. Must he give reasons to further aligned with the alleged connivance rants? Lots keep wondering why PMB is still convinced to retained these failed Service Chiefs. stupid man.

His inability to admit the stunning totality of his failure tells you everything you need to know about a failed Government.

Good morning.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by pharmagba: 11:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
damilola4162:
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen.Tukur Buratai, has hinted that insurgency and terrorism may continue in Nigeria for another 20 years.

Buratai made the remark on his verified Facebook handle few days after Boko Haram massacred rice farmers in Borno State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158536284815259&id=663725258

He should be court Martial for this unguarded and recklessness statement.

Wrong use of social media

1 Like

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by marsman: 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
berryPee:
watch and see Buratai contesting for president in 2023 general erection
The mad man can contest, only the real brainless cows will vote for him.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by adewasco19(m): 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
What is this idiot saying? 600 years for you and your generation. Innocent people lost their lives on daily basis. Shame on you
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by privaldo: 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2020
Friend22:

Comparing Israel to Nigeria is way way out of line..we are dealing with a terrorist group that has a base that can't adequately be combed unless we invest huge amounts in weapons and technology otherwise it will be very difficult to flush to them out.
You can keep changing tract as much as you want ,but if you don't find a way of cutting supplies like weapons and food to them then the problem will persist.
To stop them, like the Army chief said,it requires our collective effort including those of Niger and Chad.
Sambisa forest as I know is bigger than five eastern states.
And how many army personnel do we have?

You need read about how the Sri Lankan government stopped the Tamil tigers.

PLO is way different from BH.
BH is far more deadlier.

I know about the Tamil Tigers and their travails. The PLO is more organised, deadlier and even better funded than BH only that they faced tough oppositions.

Intelligence is the heart of every battle, I am not just talking of the DIA (military intelligence), I am also talking of the NIA (the MOSSAD equivalent) they need to step up if the country is to win this war.

If you really read about the war between Sri Lanka and the Tamil Tigers you would understand the role intelligence played in it.

I use Israel as an example because they involved intelligence in their fight, Katsas (COs) were sent to enemy camps to gather intels, combatants (not necessarily military but from the intelligence unit) undertook various assassinations which involved high valued assets including sponsors and leaders of this terrorist organizations.

The State of Israel also formed an elite commando unit skilled in guerrilla warfare to match the PLO attacks, that same period the Aman (military intelligence was revamped and made to be a separate entity, so that they can operate without permissions behind enemy lines).

Nigeria and its neighboring countries can effectively mount a blockade to stop supplies but I keep wondering why it hasn't been done. What stops the Air Force from undertaking reconnaissance to pin point the exact location of the terrorists.

Honestly, I know that the Army can decimate BH in probably 3 months to a year and half span, if they really want to. Nothing stops them from seeking support from the international community and their various allies.

The difference between Nigeria and the State of Israel is that the latter is making it a political affair and the former saw it for it was "terrorism".

3 Likes

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by odugbe1(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2020
He knows what he saying,bcs he has seen everything that our leaders are very useless and him in self personally
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by thinkmoney(m): 12:16am On Dec 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Buhari has failed the north!!

Buratia has failed his own state and his people!!

But thank God that the people of Borno have woken up to the reality.

The Government only protected their cities and then allow Bokoharam to have a free field in their villages just for politics.

Bokoharam is now a siphon pump to some powerful politicians and top military officers.

They don't want this Bokoharam to completely end... They are cashing out billions of dollars from insurgency both from the intentional community and the billions of naira they allocate to the fight against insurgency.

Borno state Governor has decided to stand with his people and defend their lives by fully empowering Civilian JTF... Yan Gora.

I strongly believe in them cos I personally know their capacity!!

God bless Borno youths for defending their villages!!

We are solidly behind yan Gora!!!
But the blue camo isn't appropriate. There is little in that environment that have blue color naturally.
Our government and people most time fail in the basics many at times.
This people will be easily detected afar
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by calcal: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2020
[quote author=damilola4162 post=96679174]The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.Gen.Tukur Buratai, has hinted that insurgency and terrorism may continue in Nigeria for another 20 years.

Buratai made the remark on his verified Facebook handle few days after Boko Haram massacred rice farmers in Borno State.

Boko Haram?
Northern Nigeria is not being sincere on this Boko Haram, Boko Haram is an ideology in which they (North) believe and have faith in ever since Dan Fodio.
The ideology won't just disappear or end with using the military. the later will only give a temporary solution.

The north elites are really in support of this Boko haram but they are not ready to do away with their loots. As we all know BH will come with the idea of equality which is not in the interest of the elites.

BK is not interested in the whole of Nigeria as of present but only their region in which we have to allow them to have it.

It is Republic of Northern Nigeria (BH)

South and East - BIAFRA

WEST - ODUDUWA

This is the only realistic solution to end Boko Haram, the North knows it.

It is only some cowards afonjas and some traitors in the southeast dragging us back.

De-amalgamation of Nigeria should be in a civilized way.

When the De-amalgamation occurs where ever you find yourself, you automatically belong to that place and obey the law of that place. but anyone that chose to return to his/her place of origin he/she is free to do so.

Where a commonwealth of independent states has to be formed to deal with the automath of the de-amalgamation.

Let's have a look at how the soviet union breakup.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by nograv: 12:32am On Dec 04, 2020
Arrewa:

The Government only protected their cities and then allow Bokoharam to have a free field in their villages just for politics.

Bokoharam is now a siphon pump to some powerful politicians and top military officers.

They don't want this Bokoharam to completely end... They are cashing out billions of dollars from insurgency both from the intentional community and the billions of naira they allocate to the fight against insurgency.

Borno state Governor has decided to stand with his people and defend their lives by fully empowering Civilian JTF... Yan Gora.

Nice to see you finally woke up..

You wont get a like from me tho..
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by abbaemma: 12:48am On Dec 04, 2020
What does he mean by another 20 years ..... Will there be a Nigeria in the next 20 years?
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Omoluabi16(m): 12:51am On Dec 04, 2020
E be like this buratai get buhari nudes. These ones are simply incompetent. I will like to read up on this guy to know how many missions both local and foreign he's led. I agree the first republic soldiers made some very grave errors, but you can't compare a maimalari, banjo, pam, ojukwu and those sandhurst officers to this foolish general.

1 Like

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by JaneYave(f): 12:59am On Dec 04, 2020
You see all these people..? God pass dem! Can you imagine? People we look up to for solution. It is well.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by JaneYave(f): 1:01am On Dec 04, 2020
God pass them. It is well.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by tundess: 1:06am On Dec 04, 2020
Chief of Army Staff version of "transmission, I mean transmission, commission, I mean.....transmission."

Watch his interview with Sakur on Hardtalk. You will know this man is incapable even of writing this admission of failure. Yet is very loquacious when it comes to addressing unarmed marching Shi'ites or #endsars protesters.

"International actors" now is the reason for the 'untechnical victory' BH and affiliated jihadists are having a field day ?

PMB needs to be evaluated. Why ? Bc he believed all this man's assessments for so long. Or he was misled. Or both. Bc there is no way this chap should still be in a job.

1 Like

Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by yongg: 1:24am On Dec 04, 2020
Coldie:
If igbos give me the power to lead them I swear, I would turn ipob into SE cash out like Boko Haram and Niger delta militants

We have been fighting Boko Haram for 10years already, do u know what it will take to fight it for another 20years?

That money them want use fight Boko Haram for 30years. Use 10years money to recruit enough army, then surround the entire area Boko Haram is and do a complete non stop sweep, from both air and land bomb and kill everything at site until everything stops moving

You remind me of the strategies I come up with when looking for a solution to totally annihilate persky mosquitoes that won't leave my room or let me enjoy some nice outdoor breeze
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by EASTERNPOL: 1:46am On Dec 04, 2020
Terrorism will end in less than 3 months if an " IGBO " becomes President of Nigeria in 2023, the North used Boko Haram to reclaim power and therefore has no power over them, Buratai is 100% correct, is painful truth
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 04, 2020
loveth360:
Simple because every northerner is a potential boko haram.

Every northerner supports boko haram directly or indirectly.

Absolutely Correct.
Your BRAIN is working.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 04, 2020
Nigeria number. one. enemy
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 2:08am On Dec 04, 2020
Arrewa:

/
It doesn't make sense.

Why would they arm and defend themselves?

They should copy their brothers in SE/SW who go on fasting and praying so that God will come down and defend them.

/
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:14am On Dec 04, 2020
Because he has armed them enough
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 04, 2020
TERRORISM is now a FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICE JOB.
Interested Candidates should forward their CVs.
The JOB will last more than many marriages in Nigeria.
Re: Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria by ogbonti: 4:32am On Dec 04, 2020
Yenefer:

don’t mind the fool trying to mask his incompetence by making philosophical statements conceding defeat and prophesying that Boko Haram will last 20 more years - so the Chadian Army who pursued them into Nigeria and handed Boko a brutal defeat which made many of them to start renouncing and pledging to forsake the terror group before Buhari threw them a lifeline by giving them amnesty and cuddled them up with rewards and rescue package

Chadian President had to beg you and your Buhari to complete the job of defeating the fleeing terrorists BUT you and your master Buhari stood as a barrier to that conquest and started your crazy permutations and hoodwinked your demoralized soldiers with ineffective and tired strategies

This SABOTAGE must stop- Buhari and Buhari will someday face treason charges - the world is watching!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Outcome Of Investigation Into Itunu Babalola’s Death Will Shocking - Abike Dabir / Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana / Kaduna Rally: Atiku Arrives At Venue After Struggling Due To Large Crowd (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.