Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card (1207 Views)

Is This The Latest Campaign Strategy Of PDP? / Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy? / Who Has A Better Campaign Strategy? Apc Or Pdp (see Pictures And Be The Judge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by emekagh(m): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
CAMPAIGN STRATEGY - SCORE CARD
CANDITATE: GOODLUCK EBELE  JONATHAN

NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN
With the benefit of being the first on the field, and plenty of goodwill, Jonathan road his luck; racing through the regions and states to the warm embrace of Nigerians, who love the lucky enigma. Many wished same luck will shower on them. Oppositions meanwhile, squabbled about choices of running mates, and possibility of alliance (which never came.) With bitterness and heavy heart, they went on the campaign trail, a tad too late.  Needing time and space to rally their base and win over neutrals; they yearn for debates, any debate at all.
STRATEGY SCORE:  85%

NN24 DEBATE SAGA:
Debates are campaign strategies aimed at winning over neutrals. In Nigeria the neutrals are very few and scattered. Why should a front-runner and incumbent allow himself to be used for cheap publicity stunt by those playing catch-up? That is exactly what the NN24 debates would have afforded the other candidates. By tactically avoiding the NN24 debates, GEJ has exposed those three candidates for what they are - bunch of dis-organised opportunists- Shekarau, an oustider, apparently, the brightest of them!

Opposition protestation at his none appearance was successfully countered by his insistence on appearing on the bigger BON platform.  Many neutrals agreed with him, his followers are more than happy with the strategy.
SCORE:  80%

WHAT ABOUT US?  DEBATE
GEJ team approached this banana skin with tact. What does the youth want? Dbanj musicals or more debates.  Certainly the youth, nay Nigerians, will love to hear their president debate, even if it is for the sake of it. GEJ will go on the campaign trail with Dbanj trilling the Youth.  Anger will simmer but only for a while. Soon they will hear him speak on BON and overlook his previous disappearing act.
STRATEGY SCORE:  65%

BON DEBATES
GEJ has outfoxed the oppositions by not showing up at previous debates. He watched them debate among themselves, attacked each other; he studied their strength and weakness. Now the three ‘main’ oppositions candidate have threatened not to honour this (BON) debate. For an opposition seeking coverage, and attention, this is a poor strategy. The Nigeria electorate is not so sophiscated, as to appreciate their grouse. In advance democracy they might stand a chance, but in Nigeria, other opposition candidates will take their place. Should they follow-up with their threat, when the ‘common man’ watches the BON debate, it will either be GEJ explaining his plan for Nigerian either by himself, or flank by two or more unknown faces. Nigerians will forget the previous debates which GEJ did not turn up for, and remember the current one (after-all to even consider voting a former dictator, is an indicator of how short our memories are). GEJ wins.
STRATEGY SCORE: 80%

CAMPAIGN MESSAGE
While the opposition plan to do what has been done before (probe, reverse, spend money, dialogue, etc), GEJ has rode in a Train, is building costal road, has a power road maps, Gas Master plan, etc.
So while they are talking about what they will do, GEJ is showing what he has already done.
STRATEGY SCORE: 80%
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by friedrice1: 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^^^ we are all entitled to freedom of expression, no matter how silly it is grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by BB4Naija: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by gernded(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Hello Chief Emeka you are one of the sensible man in the forum.

Ndewoooooooooooooooo
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by wesley80(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Extremely nice write up. A potential no-come thread for BB apologists.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by emekagh(m): 11:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
gernded:

Hello Chief Emeka you are one of the sensible man in the forum.

Ndewoooooooooooooooo

Thanks my brother,
I am only telling it as I see it.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by Solomon227(m): 12:10am On Mar 25, 2011
emeka_gh:

Thanks my brother,
I am only telling it as I see it.

If that is all you see in GEJ campaign strategy then you have not seen anything and you go need lens. Where were u when GEJ was alleged by Pat to be using 100 million Naira daily to fund his campaign? GEJ has bribed PDP delegates, bribed Okada, bribed musicians, bribed Nollywood actors and actresses;that is the only thing his campaign rely on. The first Lady was dolling out money like pancake today, another furtherance of the strategy. The only place GEJ, throughout his rally, has been received with popular showing was in Port-Harcourt and that was even when many lives have been lost.

If he is spending Billions like he is doing and he is being stoned in the NE, walked-out-on in the NW, hated in SW for lousy remarks and could not even pull a decent crowd in the NC so where did u see the pass-mark u have been dishing out to the mediocre?

BB with almost nothing have shown us what the ultimate value of a man is. Wait till April 9 and see levels. Do you think people are blind and dumb?

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by Beaf: 1:30am On Mar 25, 2011
Brilliant. Bookmarked.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by PapaBrowne(m): 3:07am On Mar 25, 2011
Solomon227:

If that is all you see in GEJ campaign strategy then you have not seen anything and you go need lens. Where were u when GEJ was alleged by Pat to be using 100 million Naira daily to fund his campaign? GEJ has bribed PDP delegates, bribed Okada, bribed musicians, bribed Nollywood actors and actresses;that is the only thing his campaign rely on. The first Lady was dolling out money like pancake today, another furtherance of the strategy. The only place GEJ, throughout his rally, has been received with popular showing was in Port-Harcourt and that was even when many lives have been lost.

If he is spending Billions like he is doing and he is being stoned in the NE, walked-out-on in the NW, hated in SW for lousy remarks and could not even pull a decent crowd in the NC so where did u see the pass-mark u have been dishing out to the mediocre?

BB with almost nothing have shown us what the ultimate value of a man is. Wait till April 9 and see levels. Do you think people are blind and dumb?

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

Forget all these sentimental campaigns!! It might work for Europeans and some elite Nigerians, but not for the real voters in Nigeria!!

The opposition has shot itself in the foot for missing out on this debate!!
90% of Nigerians don't know and have never heard the word NN24. Another 95% of Nigerians didn't watch the debate on NN24. To put things in perspective only 400,000 people own DSTV in Nigeria. And most of them watch only Supersport and Africa Magic.
My sister is a Medical doctor- she had never heard of NN24 until recently, talkless of a market woman, taxi driver or bricklayer. But they all have NTA or one of those other Nigerian stations that would air the BON debate!! They would watch Jonathan debate with the likes of Utomi , John Dara and Chris Okotie. Jonathan would be all smiles and the masses would again fall for his seemingly humble charm!!

This is a grave mistake on the part of the opposition!!
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by EzeUche2(m): 3:11am On Mar 25, 2011
Very nice write-up Emeka!
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by stormm: 8:56am On Mar 25, 2011
For Beaf, EzeUche & Emeka,

Will you pls throw more light on why you think GEJ and PDP are the best for the country now and in the next four years or am I missing something? I live in Nigeria and honestly much as I appreciate robust, varied and stimulating political discussions, I am YET to see any on Nairaland in regards to the merits of a Jonathan presidency or the PDP as a party.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by emekagh(m): 11:34am On Mar 25, 2011
stormm:

For Beaf, EzeUche & Emeka,

Will you pls throw more light on why you think GEJ and PDP are the best for the country now and in the next four years or am I missing something? I live in Nigeria and honestly much as I appreciate robust, varied and stimulating political discussions, I am YET to see any on Nairaland in regards to the merits of a Jonathan presidency or the PDP as a party.

Thank you Stormm,
I am a pragmatist, not an idealist. And most Nigerians are pragmatist, that is one good reason GEJ will win the election.

Is GEJ and PDP best for for the country? To a certain degree yes. Especially because of GEJ. PDP problem has always been a function problems of the PDP Presidents. Obj was a very bad leader; very vindictive and uncouth bushman who imprisonment, and near death experience hardened. He unleashed his vengeance on Nigerians; He used RIBADU to deflect attention from his thieving self to his pilfering opponent. As his twilight approached, he foisted on Nigeria the most corrupt election we ever knew.

Enter Yar Adua,

Overwhelmed by the magnitude of corruption that brought him into office, he sought restitution and tried to make amend. He reformed the electoral body, dismissed the attack dog (Ribadu), calmed the Niger Delta, exposed the power sector corruption, and set agenda for continued transformation. Alas, ill health and multitude of policy reversals did not allow some of his good intention to come to light.

Why Goodluck
- Fortune favours the brave -
- Good-luck is for those who are prepared -

Goodluck is prepared to lead, he has been leading.  Many attribute everything that come his way as Goodluck, and many mis-interpretes his consensus building as weakness. It is not as we know that 'the cautious movement of the cat is not the sign of cowardice'
Slow but surely, Goodluck went to work.

POWER AND INFRASTRUCTURAL PROBLEM
Realizing that throwing money at power problem (same as proposed by Buhari in name of improving their capacity) is not the way forward, Goodluck team
opted for privatisation. This is a big blow to the power sector cabal - who will eventually be out of business when the private sector finally takes over. No candidate can give a definite time table for the solution of power problem. Only the private sectors can. The trains are running again, coastal roads are been built, Enugu Airport being upgraded to international standard, etc.

We need stability in the polity for these work. Of the four front-runners, only Goodluck and perhaps Ribadu can deliver stability. Buhari looks a shade too rigid.
RATE- GEJ 70%, RIBADU 60%, BB 40%

SPEED OF ANTI-CORRUPTION CRUSADE/JIHAD
Corruption is a worm, that has eaten deep into our society. Many have said aplenty that Buhari can deal with it. But many seem to forget that Ribadu has a track record (even if clouded with selective justice and partiality) of fighting corruption. However, his current romance with Tinubu whose corruption is of 'international dimension' is a big minus on his credibility. Buhari, yes may be able to deal with corruption, but he might also stop the engine of Nigeria running with policy reversals, and bureaucratic bottlenecks, and economic turmoil, that was a common  denominator of the Yar Adua presidency. Goodluck was not involved in the Alamesiaga's loot, nor has any corruption charges been leveled against him. He has at least started the fight against impunity and has respected court's unfavorable rulings. That my friend is what I subscribe to; it's an important component in the strategic (long term) fight against corruption - groundwork.

RATING: BB 80%, GEJ 70%,  RIBADU 50

ECONOMY
There is not point debating this. Power Road Map, Gas Master-plan, PIB, Coastal Road,  Akanu Ibiam Int'l Airport etc are potential job creating projects. Nigerian is heading for quantum growth. I fear Buhari will mess all these up with reversals. Nigerians should be afraid of Buhari.  Ribadu is simply to eager, too inexperience. He needs to learn. He is better off in GEJ cabinent as a minister or special adviser.

RATING: GEJ 80%,  RIBADU 60%, BB 40%

TIME AND CHANCE

I mention time and chance the other time, someone called me silly. Buhari had his chances. Why did we not root for him when he squared up against Obj, and Yar Adua. What has he done since that he didn't do before? He is old, tired, and perhaps expired as Tinubu said. His is one of the old military baggage that Nigeria is better rid of. Bakare simply cannot make him better. Time and Chance are not in his favour - the signs favours Goodluck for equity, justice, and fairness.

GEJ may not be as eloquent in oratory. But he knows his onions, and has put in a lot of work so far.  Nigerians appreciate his effort, and believe his time, chance. Goodluck has happened to us.

That is it Stormm.

GEJ is [b]destined [/b]to transform Nigeria without upheaval, let's ride on his hard-work and good-luck.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by stormm: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
@ Emeka,

Politics should not thrive on sentiments but factual projections. We are all aware of the shortcomings of our political leadrship, particularly the Pdp, which is described as not a political party but a collection of interests out to loot the treasury. Are you saying Jonathan is not part of these ravenous lot?

How far will luck take Nigeria without a clear cut road-map on overcoming the numerous developmental challenges(actually deficiencies) facing the country.

Let's also try an hypothetical case here: If Nigeria were to be experience a quake of the magnitude of Japan with an attendant tsunami, don't you think the current leadership will only come up with a 'fast and pray' admonition? I don't want to assume that JEJ is clueless, but his propositions on solving Nigeria's problems does not evoke much confidence .
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by emekagh(m): 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
stormm:

@ Emeka,

Politics should not thrive on sentiments but factual projections. We are all aware of the shortcomings of our political leadrship, particularly the Pdp, which is described as not a political party but a collection of interests out to loot the treasury. Are you saying Jonathan is not part of these ravenous lot?

How far will luck take Nigeria without a clear cut road-map on overcoming the numerous developmental challenges(actually deficiencies) facing the country.

Let's also try an hypothetical case here: If Nigeria were to be experience a quake of the magnitude of Japan with an attendant tsunami, don't you think the current leadership will only come up with a 'fast and pray' admonition? I don't want to assume that JEJ is clueless, but his propositions on solving Nigeria's problems does not evoke much confidence .

I gave you the hard facts not sentiment. Goodluck is good man, not tainted by the corruption around him. Among the top candidate, he has the best programmes, and road-maps. Funny how you jump on the [b]luck [/b]and [b]destiny [/b]bait. Now tell me which of his propositions you have issues with, and how the other candidates can do a better job. What have they proposed? Except perhaps probes and policy reversals?

Btw, these sudden vibes for Buhari, are they not out of sentiment for Bakare? Be honest for once.
When you point a finger at someone, your other fingers point at you.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by Pharoh: 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
God bless you poster for this thread and it has been surely bookmarked.

I will always be here as from now on until and even after the elections.
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by stormm: 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2011
emeka_gh:

I gave you the hard facts not sentiment. Goodluck is good man, not tainted by the corruption around him. Among the top candidate, he has the best programmes, and road-maps. Funny how you jump on the [b]luck [/b]and [b]destiny [/b]bait. Now tell me which of his propositions you have issues with, and how the other candidates can do a better job. What have they proposed? Except perhaps probes and policy reversals?

Btw, these sudden vibes for Buhari, are they not out of sentiment for Bakare? Be honest for once.

Waoh!!! at bolded. Are you sure? I think you should not go there. 2) How come nobody has seen his manifesto. Even some of his writings on Fb are beginning to rile one e.g. My story is your story. Undiluted sentimenta BS

Propositions: New federal universities when the exisiting ones are not properly funded; 36 airports within 4 yrs, when our flagship airports are at best glorified among many others
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by stormm: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2011
Emeka,

Do you honestly think Gej can rein his gluttonous scavengers, the platform on which he is contesting? A Bode George or a rappacious Dangote with his string of waivers on importation?

What pro-GEJ people have exhibited on this forum is a naked fear for the CHANGE we all clamour for, the FRESH air we all crave. It is the fear of the of new policies affecting our lives and businesses, governance unusual.

Have a re-think on Obasanjo, his policies were good for the country at that time. What he essentally did was to guide our democracy, nurture it, create an environment of believability for Nigeria to benefit from global alliances. His Excess Crude Oil account strenthened the naira, with over $40b in foreign reserves. Today, the entire thing has been depleted. EFCC got more convictions than the lame/feeble attempt at battling corruption afterwards
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by Bawss1(m): 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
Funny how the OP in describing the past PDP presidents OBJ painted him as vindictive and very bad. (more or less implying that nothing good came from his government) Yet the OP overlooks the fact that the same OBJ has influences deep within the same PDP that supports GEJ.

Anyways I want to know how the OP will address accusations that GEJ is perceived as wavering and keen on maintaining the status quo?
Re: Gej Campaign Strategy - Score Card by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
Sentiment wins elections, Everytime unfortunately.opposition need to latch unto some kind of sentiment to stand a chance.or lose woefully

(1) (Reply)

Watch Goodluck Jonathan Speech On Fuel Subsidy. / I Have Just Returned From Kano - Gej / We Will Kill Us Ambassador If - Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.