Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (20570 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by OAM4J: 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
Saga, hope you know say with all these your analysis, many of your NL loffers go dey waka leave you, as you know say most of them no wan a man wey dey too sharp. grin grin grin
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
OAM4J:

Saga, hope you know say with all these your analysis, many of your NL loffers go dey waka leave you, as you know say most of them no wan a man wey dey too sharp.  grin grin grin

Nah!

Intelligence turns women on.

Most of them dey vex but dem dey hug dem pillow as they read.

If dem catch me so, dem go use the hot passion mixed with vex hump me to a coma even when I am screaming "Stop, I am losing my breath. I don't have that kind of stamina.".  grin

I dey fear. cheesy

[Dust his shoulders off arrogantly]
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by OAM4J: 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
OK nau, no wahala. But make you no fall mugu o, e fit be say they just wan know all the tricks u wan use to avoid divorce settlement so dem go come learn how to beat you and other guys in their game.

By force by fire some of dem must get a good percentage of all those $$$$$$ in your account. . . so beware o grin grin grin
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
saga and Oam4jenny make una go nyash down jare.

It's not as if una get reach 1500zimbabwean dolls for una account sef and yous are here toking abt settlement.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by OAM4J: 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
jennykadry:

saga and Oam4jenny make una go nyash down jare.

It's not as if una get reach 1500zimbabwean dolls for una account sef and yous are here toking abt settlement.

You are very right, I no get sisi sef. Na my friends dash me my houses and cars and no be me get that company wey bears my name, na my brother get am, him just name am after me for the kin brother loff he get for me. So nothing dey for any divorce settlement. grin
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by inuyasha01(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
armyofone: OP, do not chill yet. NOT yet Uhuru!!! you thanking God the good system in the west (favoring women) is not yet in nigeria?? haha just wait LOL
we are coming soon to Nigeria. We plan to upgrade the police and legal bs you guys have in nigeria. when we m*ess eh, cold go catch fowl

you no dae look face or do u think dat we are westernerd here better don't try dat nonsense here in naija cos u will regret being born
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by FXKing2012(m): 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
Divorce settlement law is needed in Nigeria and the reason can be found here:

www.nairaland.com/1159898/divorce-settlement-child-support-introduced-nigeria
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by FXKing2012(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
The laws we have
in Nigeria is fundamentally
flawed; it is way too biased
towards men.
Our laws enslave women who
are forced to stay in a
relationship/union even when
they are not happy in it. Why
should such continue?

Some say the divorce
settlement law will encourage
divorce therefore we should
not implement it. I think that
notion is very selfish and only
meant to protect men even
while enslaving and mistreating
women.
We've seen cases where the
man beats the wife daily, leaves
her with permanent disabilities
or even beat her to death. The
women stay in such unions
because our law does not
protect them - doesnt
necessarily mean they are
happy in the marriage. So the
fact that divorce rate is lower in
Nigeria compared to the west
does not mean we are happier
in our relationships/marriages.

And when you try to defend the
defenceless (women) you are
termed a sissy. This shows how
patriarchal our society really is.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by FXKing2012(m): 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Now how easy/possible is it for a woman who carried pregnancy for 9months and then nursed the baby for 2-3yrs to work and make money to contribute to buying assets?

Assuming she was married for 15yrs and had 4 children in the process, then she must have spent 9months * 4 equals 36months (3yrs) being pregnant and 2.5yrs * 4 equals 10yrs nursing the kids.
So in all she spent 13yrs out of the 15yrs she was married being pregnant and nursing the children while the man was working and making money all along.

Now when it's time to share assets you say to share according to financial contribution? Does that sound even remotely fair? If it sounds fair to you then it's only fair for the woman to keep the kids, with the man having no access to them because bringing them (the kids) into the world and raising/nursing them is what she has been busy doing ( or contributing). Remember you said to go with what you contributed.

Pls do away with the bias and be objective.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by tpia6: 3:36am On Nov 02, 2014
You people spend way too much time obsessing over other people.

And their money.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by dallenk(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2019
This guy, you are intelligent. You have said it all, no need of me correcting him
Sagamite:

What I asked you is different from the answer you gave.

You said the law should punish the man for cheating by giving the wife half of his assets.

I asked you that will the law also apply the same law to a poorer wife if she cheats? Or will she get away with it?

Don't you think if a law makes sense, it should be universally applicable?

Your answer is the answer to the question of applicability to both sexes. My question requires the answer to applicability to varied wealth levels. Two different things.

I don't think you understand the meaning of illegal.

I don't think there is any state in America where anyone breaks a law by cheating.

Normally, when someone acts "illegal", it means the law enforcement officers have the right to apprehend him and either:

a) Use their sovereign-given powers to apply an on-the-spot fine

or

b) Use their sovereign-given powers to issue the person a legal warning

or

c) Use their sovereign-given powers to arrest the person, present them in court and a judge/magistrate either

(i) Send the person to jail (immediately or suspended)
   (ii) Give the person a punishment (e.g. Community service)
   (iii) Fine the person

Are there any states in the USA where this can happen? No.

Adultery is not illegal then.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
dallenk:
This guy, you are intelligent. You have said it all, no need of me correcting him

Damn right, you are!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.