Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates (3656 Views)

April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Sammy107d(m): 4:27am On Mar 25, 2011
ABUJA – FIRST Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Wednesday hosted over 809 female candidates from all the registered political parties nationwide and doled out undisclosed amount of money to each of the candidates for the April polls.

The candidates, who were treated to a dinner at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential villa, Abuja, are those that made the Independent Electoral Commission, INEC, list for the 2011 general elections .

Mrs. Jonathan held dialogue with the female candidates who had won their primaries, the first in history by any First Lady in Nigeria.

Through her Women for Change and Development Initiative, she gave out undisclosed amount to five female governorship candidates, 88 women contesting for senatorial seats, 218 House of Representatives and 493 state Houses of Assembly candidates.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/april-polls-first-lady-gives-fund-to-female-candidates/
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by mensdept: 4:34am On Mar 25, 2011
Must every first lady have some type of bull.poo initiative? Have we not learnt from the silly military wives and their money laundering aka Better Life for--- nonsense? Even those 800 women self? Wetin catch them?

Too bad those women in Aba from 1929 wasted their strength for these greedy BIA----
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Sagamite(m): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2011
Umblerah (The Remix) - Mrs Shakabula Patience Goofluck ft Beaf

[Beaf]
Ahuh Ahuh (Yea Patience)
Ahuh Ahuh (Illiterate girl gone top)
Ahuh Ahuh (Take tiri, Akson)
Ahuh Ahuh

No problem with money
Let it rain, loot money to the bank
Coming down with the Bags of Rice
When we speak we shoot
We Gorillas
We goof higher than Baba Sala
In GJ's that's better, You know me,
In anticipation, for precipitation. Fanatical for GEJ
Beaf, shyt smeller is back with ras Mrs. Shakabula
Patience where you at?

[Shakabula Patience]
We haf your vote,
And we'll nefer be stewpid apart
May be in magasines
But Jonathan still my stars
Because in the dark
He can't see my belly
And that's when tosh me there
With dark we'll awwey shaag
Because

[Chorus]
When the sun shines, we dumb together
Toll we'll be here foeffer
Said I'll always be ras woman
Took no class I'ma stick it out till the end
Now that it's raining more than my childhood
Know that I wash you with money

You are vote for his umblerah
You are vote for his umblerah

lerah, lerah, rah rah
Vote for umblerah
lerah, lerah, rah rah
Vote for umblerah
lerah, lerah, rah rah
Vote for umblerah

Lerah lerah rah rah rah rah rah rah

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvBfHwUxHIk[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2011
This woman is soooo dumb! undecided
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by lookmangiw(m): 11:46am On Mar 25, 2011
She gave 800 women vie for electoral post an undisclosed amount.let say the undisclosed amount is 500k times 800 women thats equal to 400million naira,where could she have gotten that from?
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Gamesmart: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2011
lookmangiw:

She gave 800 women vie for electoral post an undisclosed amount.let say the undisclosed amount is 500k times 800 women thats equal to 400million naira,where could she have gotten that from?

Her "salary"! grin grin grin
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ujujoan:

This woman is soooo dumb! undecided

That's rather unkind. She's still THE First Lady, regardless. Besides it's not such a bad initiative if you ask me.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Kennyblues(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
pro01:

That's rather unkind. She's still THE First Lady, regardless. Besides it's not such a bad initiative if you ask me.

Little wonder coruption continues to thrive in Nigeria
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Blazing99: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
She cannt give out anything less than N500,000

And she gave it to 809 ladies. That's about 40.5 million naira.

Please could someone tell me how she came about this money or did her husband loan her.

This is the stupid corruption and extravagant spending that wud continue if PDP still lays in power. I wonder why people are either myopic to the fact that we have a corrupt government in place and we need change.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Bensonite: 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2011
Gossip!gossip!!gossip! is that all we find in NL? The first lady openly invited all female aspirants of all political party for a dinner in affirmation to her pet project women for change initiative and someone hurried down here and say she gave them money at the end of the programme. Fellow gossips start assumming N500,000 each you could have as well assume N5 million each. This is certainly one of the things that makes sound minds to stop contributing in NL.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by texazzpete(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
Bensonite:

Gossip!gossip!!gossip! is that all we find in NL? The first lady openly invited all female aspirants of all political party for a dinner in affirmation to her pet project women for change initiative and someone hurried down here and say she gave them money at the end of the programme. Fellow gossips start assumming N500,000 each you could have as well assume N5 million each. This is certainly one of the things that makes sound minds to stop contributing in NL.

I doubt anyone can mistake you for one of the 'sound minds'.

By all means, stop contributing to Nairaland if you wish. Judging by your 6 Inane posts to date, your 'contributions' will not be missed.

pro01:

What if its taxpayers' money being handed out?

Yes, she's the first lady, which (in the Nigerian context) means that she has to have an expensive project that wil consume taxpayers money with little visible benefit.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Bensonite: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2011
No one has been awarded for making the most post on NL so missing me or not is nothing to worry. My advice is make use of your thinking cap not just putting up stories because you want to contribute on a thread on a NL.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by JIGHU(m): 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Bensonite:

Are u for real?are u high on cheap expired panadol?questions are asked and you or any of the GEJ or Patience supporter cant profer answers, all you av to say is call taxpayers gossipers.Where did she get money to organise such an event?Newspapers reported that she gave money out,where did she get the money from?what were d monies meant for? Is she now the National Chairperson on INEC?

Please dont just abuse people when they ask rational questions, yet we say roads are bad,no Hospitals, No good transport system accross the country, We pay tax and our money must be accounted for, it is about time
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2011
texazzpete:

What if its taxpayers' money being handed out?

Yes, she's the first lady, which (in the Nigerian context) means that she has to have an expensive project that wil consume taxpayers money with little visible benefit.

We can't conclude that the money donated to these women's  campaigns was directly obtained from the federation account. I mean we all know it takes nothing for any initiative from by the President or his wife to easily raise billions from a random Dangote here, or Otedola there. That aside, it can't be such a bad thing to assist female politicians with little campaign finances if that would help increase the level of female representation in politics. I guess it's all part of the 'women empowerment' that they have been clamouring for since time immemorial.

It seems we so despise this woman that absolutely nothing she does can make sense to anyone. Should not be so, if you ask me.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Sagamite(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
pro01:

We can't conclude that the money donated to these women's  campaigns was directly obtained from the federation account. I mean we all know it takes nothing for any initiative from by the President or his wife to easily raise billions from a random Dangote here, or Otedola there. That aside, it can't be such a bad thing to assist female politicians with little campaign finances if that would help increase the level of female representation in politics. I guess it's all part of the 'women empowerment' that they have been clamouring for since time immemorial.

It seems we so despise this woman that absolutely nothing she does can make sense to anyone. Should not be so, if you ask me.

What clunking rubbish as usual!!!

If such funds is raised from the private sector, you think it will not make the news?

Secondly, you can not use your brain to think she needs to declare where the funds came from and how much each person is getting during the occassion.

Some cretin is using your public funds like a discretional, unaccounted for personal bank account and you are sitting your arse arguing stewpidly that we should see "sense".

Delivery of rubbish opinions as usual.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by johnjoel(m): 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
who cares about this Bleep
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by omo9ja1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
To me that was a good initiatives but the timing is wrong not when all parties are looking for their opponent to commit a blunder, why did she invite them to Aso rock, why not in Aba,Kano or Lagos in a convenient hotel and paid for it live coverage for people to see her addressing the women and urging women to take Nigerian politics centre stage,

I think if a credible woman can take all the presidential aspirant down without doubt she will win but corruption and madness will not allow us to give the women a chance to prove what they are worth.

Nigeria men don mess up big time.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by eghost247(m): 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
Dame patience
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by fxskye: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
omo9ja1:

To me that was a good initiatives but the timing is wrong not when all parties are looking for their opponent to commit a blunder, why did she invite them to Aso rock, why not in Aba,Kano or Lagos in a convenient hotel and paid for it live coverage for people to see her addressing the women and urging women to take Nigerian politics centre stage,

I think if a credible woman can take all the presidential aspirant down without doubt she will win but corruption and madness will not allow us to give the women a chance to prove what they are worth.

Nigeria men don mess up big time.
And u 4get that behind every successful man there is a woman? To have hosted such event in Aso Rock is totall an abuse of office. Aso Rock belongs to 9ja & not political Parties. Again, press refuse to mention d amount she gave out. So, how sure are we that d money is not, even INDIRECTLY from FG A/C?

Please, I need honest answers to the following questions:
1.On what aircraft has mr. president been flying for his campaign trips likewise madam Dame?
2. D campaign Vehicles being used by mr. President & his wife during campaign tours are owned by who?
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by jasman1: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2011
You're witnessing the level of civilization in that country, NIGERIA. When you're in power ,its hard to differentiate what's government's and what's really private accounts. So sad
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by ciaoikana(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
who was there that day to know if at all that money was shared?
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by cyril10(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2011
Patience Goodluck, was not at the venue where the money was shared. It was the ministry of women affairs that disbursed the money to women in various political parties to assist their own for election purposes.

The money was shared by mrs Fayemi of Ekiti state governor with the help of Josephine Anennih the minister of women affairs, so please, Madam Patience Goodluck was not there.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by DeepSight(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
pro01:

We can't conclude that the money donated to these women's campaigns was directly obtained from the federation account. I mean we all know it takes nothing for any initiative from by the President or his wife to easily raise billions from a random Dangote here, or Otedola there. That aside, it can't be such a bad thing to assist female politicians with little campaign finances if that would help increase the level of female representation in politics. I guess it's all part of the 'women empowerment' that they have been clamouring for since time immemorial.

Well I personally do not know the source of the funds and so cannot comment in that regard. I should however draw your attention as follows -

1 - There is no such office known to law in Nigeria as the "office of the first lady"

2 - Over the years and across virtually all governments in Nigeria, government funds have been deployed to finance the "office" and activities of the first lady, which usually include one bazaar or the other.

3 - IF such activities are funded by tax payers money, this is gravely illegal and amounts to nothing but the usual ego-massage and nepotism of our leaders. Such is not acceptable.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
Blazing99:

She cannt give out anything less than N500,000

And she gave it to 809 ladies. That's about 40.5 million naira.

Please could someone tell me how she came about this money or did her husband loan her.

This is the silly corruption and extravagant spending that wud continue if PDP still lays in power. I wonder why people are either myopic to the fact that we have a corrupt government in place and we need change.

You will be shocked. hehehehe, dont let me tell you my tale of woes. If they get 30k they should do thanksgiving
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Ganjafama(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
pro01:

Your surname is corruption.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by ayomifull(f): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2011
pro01:

OMG! for real? Tax payers money? Now, giving up on this country is not a bad idea, it will probably keep one sane.

cyril10:

Patience Goodluck, was not at the venue where the money was shared. It was the ministry of women affairs that disbursed the money to women in various political parties to assist their own for election purposes.

The money was shared by mrs Fayemi of Ekiti state governor with the help of Josephine Anennih the minister of women affairs, so please, Madam Patience Goodluck was not there.

and what is the source of the money please?
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ladies n gentlemen . Now thats women empowerment @ work cool
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Eziachi: 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
Common people!
Have you forgotten how her husband gave 4 people 50 thousand dollars for their taxi fare not so long ago? So what is wining and dinning hundred women from unknown PDP sub registered political parties?

She cared so much about women political progress so uch so that Sarah Jubril had to vote for herself in her PDP primaries? Give me abreak!

There will always be questions surrounding Mrs Goodluck, from her educational qualification to the title of DAME which she tend to use.
Can someone please explain to me why this woman call herself a Dame? An exclusive title bestowed on British women of high excellence in all endevours of life from sport, Acting, Business to Charity work by Her majesty the queen of England?
We have Dame Elizabeth Taylor- a film Godess sparing over a period of six decades. Dame Judy Dench- For oustanding contribution to the film industry/threatre and Dame Kelly Holmes- A double Olympic gold medalist, just to name a few genuine Dames.

What oustanding contribution has Mrs Goodluck has in her personal life? Is she by any mean a British subject? What year did the Queen bestowed this honour on her and for what contribution to the British society?

I feared what the British press will make of her, the day she will use that title openly in Britain. This is not Nigerian society where honorary title are sold to the highest bidder and looters of the treasury.
She may has to tell them how she got the title?
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Eziachi: 10:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
Bensonite:

Mr Gossip propaganda, when was the last time you paid tax? Because if you are a tax payer from your daily sweat, you won't be alling tax payer concern over unlawful wastage of their money a gossip.
The law of the land did not recognise Mrs Jonathan as anybody, let alone, any constitional right to touch public fund. By law she has no right to have any pet project, financed from the public coffer courtesy of her husband's position. No woman spend banks money just because her husband is the chairman or managing director of such an institution.
Even if she gave anybody 5 naira as long as it comes from her pocket, that is fine by me, but as long as I know Mrs Jonathan is a self chosen unemployed person and how much is her husbands salary per annum that they can afford dolling out to politician. Where is the organ that look after election funding when you neededd them?

Democracy is not just about voting in an election but its all about acountability and the right of the citizen to know how their money is spent by elected officials and their unelected cronies. In a real democracy, she will have to account, how much she spent on this banquet and the source of the money.
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by friedrice1: 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
few months ago she distributed 3 ship loads of rice to Abuja residents to vote Jonathan,
she must have very deep pockets,
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Sagamite(m): 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
fried-rice:

few months ago she distributed 3 ship loads of rice to Abuja residents to vote Jonathan,
she must have very deep pockets,

That was not for votes.

It was the Silverback Gorilla couple's poverty tackling policy. grin
Re: April Polls: First Lady Gives Fund To Female Candidates by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 26, 2011
She should try and get something right for once. How can one be consistently embarrassing?

Even if she gave anybody 5 naira as long as it comes from her pocket, that is fine by me, but as long as I know Mrs Jonathan is a self chosen unemployed person and how much is her husbands salary per annum that they can afford dolling out to politician

Lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Denies Planning To Castrate Rapists. / Ajimobi Declares Assets / Photo:NAF Jets Dropped Leaflets Advise Citizens To Reject Bokoharam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.