Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing (32738 Views)

For Men: 3 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Making Love With Married Women / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People / Is Your People Pleasing Personality Killing Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Shortyy(f): 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
You balance it. Don't be too nice and don't be too cruel.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by bluefilm: 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Not when you are a Nigerian Politician

Because when you are a Nigerian Politician, the first thing you must learn is to continue Pleasing your Godfathers!!!

Or else... go and ask Ambode wetin dey

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by joshepade(m): 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
m
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by lekki1444: 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
There is absolutely nothing wrong with people pleasing. just make sure the only people you are people pleasing are people that can benefit your life and help you. If someone cant improve your life there is no need to people please them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by PotatoSalad(m): 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
2020 taught me this lesson grin
Kai. They did me real good cheesy
Only people I care about now are my parents and siblings

16 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Omezif(m): 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
Whatever you are doing and you are using wisdom, don't shake. unless you are doing it without applying wisdom before snare can be able to catch you if someone try to deal with you.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by xtremeTall(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
I'm guilty of this af
It's high time to stop

6 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by alimohammedibn(m): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
i experienced such a thing in my lifestyle ��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
interesting
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2020
hehe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Kuns84:
Especially Nigerians.

Nigerians have suffered so much that once they see a kind person, the default setting is to extort and exploit that individual to the fullest.

It's a vicious survival instinct that is very prominent amongst a poverty-stricken populous.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
alright
Shortyy:
You balance it. Don't be too nice and don't be too cruel.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SweetCunt97(f): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
LordKO:
Yes, servility (people-pleasing) is bad, but opportunism is worse than it; even self-absorption is worse than it too. Actions and inactions of an opportunist are always more pernicious than that of a servile person.

Conscientiousness is standard.
Baba easy oooo! Haba
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Martartins(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
It is impossible to please man
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Web2020: 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
OP this is a good one. But wait, is there any relationship between pleasing people and Trusting people. It seems i am guilty of trusting people too much and it's worse doing so in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Splitmind: 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
Yes to all 6.

Only please the people who are pleasing you. It's not everyone that deserves princely treatment.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by josephevergreen(m): 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
can't please everyone ....�� when an icecreme seller!! Bleep them who cares
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by DonroxyII: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
binarymachine:

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/10/04/6-reasons-you-should-avoid-people-pleasing/

One of the useless reason to life ... Asslicking ... people's pleasing .... They end up dead because they get used and dumped like a wasted menstrual pad ....

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Amotekun777: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2020
LordKO:
Yes, servility (people-pleasing) is bad, but opportunism is worse than it; even self-absorption is worse than it too. Actions and inactions of an opportunist are always more pernicious than that of a servile person.

Conscientiousness is standard.

The problem of Nigeria depicted in this post of yours. What's the purpose of all these ur stupid complex grammar? Just to proof or appear smart to people. How does it send the msg across? Chai... Fvcked up mentality... Typical 9ja. angry

9 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by DonroxyII: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
binarymachine:

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/10/04/6-reasons-you-should-avoid-people-pleasing/

One of the useless reason to life ... As.slicking ... people's pleasing .... They end up dead because they get used and dumped like a wasted menstrual pad .... They dedicate their productive life to pleasing !!

fake bunch of ass.holes always following power n money ...
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
Don't trust anyone, unless they earned your trust and are always reasonable to be trusted.
Web2020:
OP this is a good one. But wait, is there any relationship between pleasing people and Trusting people. It seems i am guilty of trusting people too much and it's worse doing so in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Magnoliaa(f): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Amotekun777:

The problem of Nigeria depicted in this post of yours. What's the purpose of all these ur stupid complex grammar? Just to proof or appear smart to people. How does it send the msg across? Chai... Fvcked up mentality... Typical 9ja. angry

Be kalming dan. Be kalming dan, na. Hian. grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by jericco1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
Thanks for this cool
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by NOBLE179(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Habits you should stop doing immediately

Stop pleasing everyone. Follow your own convictions, NOT what others expect from you.
Stop pampering yourself. Growth is found OUTSIDE your comfort zone.

Stop being distracted. We are the most distracted generation in history. No FOCUS, no results.

Stop relying on others. Your mama won’t save you anymore. NOTHING is free in life. Take accountability for your future.

Stop expecting instant satisfaction. Patience, PERSISTENCE and perspiration are your best friends.

Stop relying on motivation to act. Create the daily HABITS that will lead to achieving your goals.

Stop abusing your body. Eat HEALTHY, and you will look healthy, feel healthy and think healthily. Eat junk and you will feel like junk.

Stop surrounding yourself with negative people. We can’t change people, but we CAN change the people that we surround ourselves with.
Stop resisting change. Staying stuck in the past has PAINFUL consequences.

Stop fearing failure. If you are not failing, you are not trying HARD enough.
great
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by xrayj(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
lekki1444:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with people pleasing. just make sure the only people you are people pleasing are people that can benefit your life and help you. If someone cant improve your life there is no need to people please them
I agree with this!
Just know d people u are pleasing

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
Teeisaac:
Wahala for those who get people
I only get myself
I get myself, my Mum, my fiancee and my two friends. I don't live to please them, they live to please me instead.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by GGirll: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Habits you should stop doing immediately

Stop pleasing everyone. Follow your own convictions, NOT what others expect from you.
Stop pampering yourself. Growth is found OUTSIDE your comfort zone.

Stop being distracted. We are the most distracted generation in history. No FOCUS, no results.

Stop relying on others. Your mama won’t save you anymore. NOTHING is free in life. Take accountability for your future.

Stop expecting instant satisfaction. Patience, PERSISTENCE and perspiration are your best friends.

Stop relying on motivation to act. Create the daily HABITS that will lead to achieving your goals.

Stop abusing your body. Eat HEALTHY, and you will look healthy, feel healthy and think healthily. Eat junk and you will feel like junk.

Stop surrounding yourself with negative people. We can’t change people, but we CAN change the people that we surround ourselves with.
Stop resisting change. Staying stuck in the past has PAINFUL consequences.

Stop fearing failure. If you are not failing, you are not trying HARD enough.

Truthfully true. Thanks
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by LordKO(m): 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2020
Amotekun777:

Say hello to the bumpkins who brought you into this world. Unfortunately, your frustration here is a true reflection of their failure, thus the reason why simple and everyday words appeared too big for you to comprehend and accept. Meanwhile, direct your further mention to your small-minded ilk here. Imp.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by BigBashiru: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Kuns84:
Especially Nigerians.

Nigerians have suffered so much that once they see a kind person, the default setting is to extort and exploit that individual to the fullest.

It's a vicious survival instinct that is very prominent amongst a poverty-stricken populous.

It has nothing to do with suffering and isn't survival instinct.... it's cruelty of the negros.... there are other ways to survive....

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2020
hmm, that too, why the labelled people negros, are cruel to themselves is astonishing
BigBashiru:

It has nothing to do with suffering and isn't survival instinct.... it's cruelty of the negros.... there are other ways to survive....
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Kuns84(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
BigBashiru:

Touché
You've got a point there... but Nigerians are particularly notorious for this shiit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married To An Atheist / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / Have You Ever Lost A Very Good Relationship Due To Genotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.