Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing (32742 Views)

For Men: 3 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Making Love With Married Women / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People / Is Your People Pleasing Personality Killing Your Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Habits you should stop doing immediately

Stop pleasing everyone. Follow your own convictions, NOT what others expect from you.
Stop pampering yourself. Growth is found OUTSIDE your comfort zone.

Stop being distracted. We are the most distracted generation in history. No FOCUS, no results.

Stop relying on others. Your mama won’t save you anymore. NOTHING is free in life. Take accountability for your future.

Stop expecting instant satisfaction. Patience, PERSISTENCE and perspiration are your best friends.

Stop relying on motivation to act. Create the daily HABITS that will lead to achieving your goals.

Stop abusing your body. Eat HEALTHY, and you will look healthy, feel healthy and think healthily. Eat junk and you will feel like junk.

Stop surrounding yourself with negative people. We can’t change people, but we CAN change the people that we surround ourselves with.
Stop resisting change. Staying stuck in the past has PAINFUL consequences.

Stop fearing failure. If you are not failing, you are not trying HARD enough.
Nice words fuckingmallam
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Lantosed: 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2020
This is very true
Fuckingmallam45:
Habits you should stop doing immediately

Stop pleasing everyone. Follow your own convictions, NOT what others expect from you.
Stop pampering yourself. Growth is found OUTSIDE your comfort zone.

Stop being distracted. We are the most distracted generation in history. No FOCUS, no results.

Stop relying on others. Your mama won’t save you anymore. NOTHING is free in life. Take accountability for your future.

Stop expecting instant satisfaction. Patience, PERSISTENCE and perspiration are your best friends.

Stop relying on motivation to act. Create the daily HABITS that will lead to achieving your goals.

Stop abusing your body. Eat HEALTHY, and you will look healthy, feel healthy and think healthily. Eat junk and you will feel like junk.

Stop surrounding yourself with negative people. We can’t change people, but we CAN change the people that we surround ourselves with.
Stop resisting change. Staying stuck in the past has PAINFUL consequences.

Stop fearing failure. If you are not failing, you are not trying HARD enough.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:
2020 taught me this lesson grin
Kai. They did me real good cheesy
Only people I care about now are my parents and siblings
Aww sorry salad
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
My uncle that tried to please everyone is currently in the village suffering alone

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Peterosky(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
I am sure pleasing people according to the Op's explanation does not include helping the needees, the less privileged and the aged as far as you do it with pure intention. But wait, why will I fake my life just to please people? error. Again, you will be doing yourself more harm than good when you begin to think that pleasing people should come with benefits, the intention at that point becomes selfish and you will surely regret it. As for me and my life, whenever I seek to please anybody, I do it just to get the pleasure associated with helping the person in need. And it is for this reason that I will always seek to help and please people whenever the opportunity presents itself as I expect neither reward nor praises from those I please or help. Thanks Op

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
okay, how is your uncle.
UrbanExotica:
My uncle that tried to please everyone is currently in the village suffering alone
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Mobog(m): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
iamvictorbassey:
It's about upbringing, if you were brought up original and vocal from an iron lady of a mum who doesn't tolerate nonsense. You can't be fake, you can't be a hypocrite, thus you'll attract only natural energy.

People will see you and hate you already so they won't come close. And whoever likes you and comes close, yes! the person truly does
like you and will stay. This is why I have very few true friends around.

I'll teach my children to be alphas everywhere all the time. And to always stay original. I'll tell them, keep your standard, the world will fùcking adapt.
Nice
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by sylve11: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
Nice one @ op cool
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
I don't even live to please my parents, talk-less of other, except there is benefits attached... I only do things I chose to do from my mind. I help people, I don't please.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
We may not trust each other or we may be out to only please only myself, and I. But i want to encourage people to have a more broad perspective.

Do things not because you are trying to please people or anyone or expecting things in return, do it, because of Love

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by PotatoSalad(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2020
UrbanExotica:
Aww sorry salad
You'd be surprised how fast people will push you aside when you stop pleasing them.
The nail that sealed the coffin was after dedicating my time and resources to help someone and he underplayed my effort. E shock me die.
Since then I no do again. If you like let your life depend on it. I care less.
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2020
SeriouslySense:
okay, how is your uncle.
He's there alone wishing he could turn back time

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2020
thats really sad, Nigerians are not reliable, as soon as you are dry, they abandon you.
UrbanExotica:
He's there alone wishing he could turn back time
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by CaptainMarvel(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dbtcking:
Pleasing people is the worst thing anyone would do cause people would always want to take advantage of your kindness and would even insult you behind your back just because you helped them.

Ps: I buy(460) and sell(480) BTC the best rate out there. Pm if interested
all walets?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by naijadrivablog: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
Eye service sad
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
exactly cheesy cheesy cheesy
naijadrivablog:
Eye service sad
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by akinloye19995: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2020
:My uncle that tried to please everyone is currently in the village suffering alone

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by obonujoker(m): 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2020
Especially when you run a business in Nigeria... If not they'd close your business

4 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:

You'd be surprised how fast people will push you aside when you stop pleasing them.
The nail that sealed the coffin was after dedicating my time and resources to help someone and he underplayed my effort. E shock me die.
Since then I no do again. If you like let your life depend on it. I care less.
No I'm not surprised,I've gotten firsthand experience in that aspect. Sorry about your experience, some people can be very ungrateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
What i learned from this, is to be grateful for the little things, it is not always about money, cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
akinloye19995:
:My uncle that tried to please everyone is currently in the village suffering alone
Are you okay? Why copy my comment

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 2:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
SeriouslySense:
thats really sad, Nigerians are not reliable, as soon as you are dry, they abandon you.
Hahaa, they way they would japa ehn. Sometimes even your own family would abandon you when you don't have anything to offer anymore

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
i thought he is 419, not sure if its a coincidence, this is how people among us destroy the value of trust in society
UrbanExotica:
Are you okay? Why copy my comment
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by Mozegee: 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2020
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by alphaRego01(m): 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
GOOOGLE504:
If you wanna make everyone happy, go sell ice cream.

Wich kind men wey I sabi shocked
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
exactly family for benefits, you do not do things together or spend good time together, all they know is money. What annoys me, is some distant family or relative will connect on your social media, and then start asking for money.

UrbanExotica:
Hahaa, they way they would japa ehn. Sometimes even your own family would abandon you when you don't have anything to offer anymore

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by faceland: 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Just say no...

Nigerians don't like kindness. The more you do for them, the more they take you for granted and ask for more.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by UrbanExotica(f): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2020
SeriouslySense:
i thought he is 419, not sure if its a coincidence, this is how people among us destroy the value of trust in society
He's just trolling I guess
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
You got that right, and they are not disturbed, or self conscious about what they do, they keep asking, and if the tables were turned, will they do the same for you, definitely they would not, they think that is smartness.
faceland:
Just say no...

Nigerians don't like kindness. The more you do for them, the more they take you for granted and ask for more.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by SeriouslySense(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
probably, he is trolling, it may be funny to him or her, or he or she may be testing or trying to see what is out there.
UrbanExotica:
He's just trolling I guess
Re: 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing by klarke(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married To An Atheist / My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / My Husband Subjects Me To Marathon Sex For Ritual, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.