Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,627 members, 7,840,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? (4314 Views)

Reopened Land Borders: What Did Nigerians Gain From Closed Borders? / Kiki Osinbajo Poses In The Middle Of The Road (Photos) / Nigeria Set For Highest Oil Exports To Europe In 7 Months (Dailytrust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by rossniti: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Raydos:

Stop lying, The first picture is London in 1850, The second one is Eiffel tower in 1888, the third one is Greece!

European already had good cities as far back as 1400s

Look, I've no idea what hole you crawled out of, but do try to understand a discussion before inserting your nonsense.

I never said or implied Europe had no cities. I simply told the chap that Europeans lived in huts as late as the early 19th century, and even later, in Eastern Europe especially.

Europe didn't have just cities. They had villages too.

Phew.

2 Likes

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by letu(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

West Africans built seafaring ships that sailed all the way to the Americas, and this is documented.

Christopher Colombus, who supposedly discovered the Americas, reported that he saw ''men from Guinee'' with gold tipped spears among the natives of Mexico.

BBC news has a report on the history of West African seafaring, especially on the famous trip by a Malian emperor which set sail for the Americas from present day GAMBIA:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1068950.stm
There is another aspect that needs to be put into consideration which is TRADE AND COMMERCE'S, eg the ancient Yoruba trade and commerce's was connected to the ancient Edo/ Bini Kingdom visa vise, inwhich ancient Edo/ Kingdom of Bini trade and commerce's was also connected with the ancient/proto Igbo people visa vise, ancient/proto Igbo's trade and commerce's was connected with ancient/proto south south people of Nigerian visa vise and both Ancient/proto Igbo, Ancient Yoruba, Ancient Edo / Kingdom of Bini when it comes to there trade and commerce's, what the have in common is that the where all connected with the Ancient Middle Belt trade and commerce's of Northern Nigeria and ancient Middle Belt Nigeria trade and commerce's are connected with Hausa Kanem Bornu trade and commerce's, another area that I'm looking at this is the possibility of movement of the trade and commerce's to have also included human beings or people from both areas/region's/empires/kingdom's visa vise, according to one Abdullahi he believes that both Northern Nigeria , South East Nigeria, South West Nigeria and South South Nigeria was once rule by or under a single powerful empire in the past or Ancient time inwhich he likes to link the so called single powerful Empire to Nupe people which every other Nigerians don't agree with him.
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by Abohboy: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2020
Yujin:

Agreed. Songhai empire stretched to Western Hausaland. However, I don't think Kano fell into the her control.

It didn’t the map that rossniti posted before showed that the expansion of the Songhai empire stopped right outside kano city.

1 Like

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by rossniti: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Raydos:
This guy brain dey leak, There was nothing like Nigeria until 1960

So where are you getting your ancient Nigeria from?

Can someone please inform this air head that Nigeria existed before 1960?
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by melodyogonna(m): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

Europeans themselves lived in huts when they first arrived Nigeria.

Only their aristocracy lived in sturdy houses and palaces.

I don't do "fake stories".

I do African History which you are a complete stranger to.
I love history, so I'm following you. Do you have a book recommendation to study African history?
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by Abohboy: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2020
Raydos:
This guy brain dey leak, There was nothing like Nigeria until 1960

So where are you getting your ancient Nigeria from?

He means people that lived in the area that is considered ancient Nigeria, like the Hausa, Fulani, yoruba, edo, igbo etc. He even detailed it earlier in the thread if you bothered to read through it, just because it isn’t have the same name doesn’t mean that it couldn’t have existed.

1 Like

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by rossniti: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2020
Abohboy:

He means people that lived in the area that is considered ancient Nigeria, like the Hausa, Fulani, yoruba, edo, igbo etc. He even detailed it earlier in the thread if you bothered to read through it, just because it isn’t have the same name doesn’t mean that it couldn’t have existed.

You get time, my brotha.

Why we need to explain something so obvious to supposedly educated people, only heaven knows.
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by rossniti: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2020
melodyogonna:

I love history, so I'm following you. Do you have a book recommendation to study African history?

My Number 1 recommendation is 'The Destruction of Black Civilization' by Chancellor Williams.

The late Dr Williams was an African-American historian who spent 20 years travelling across Africa in the course of writing this seminal book, which has been called 'The black man's bible'.

If you want to know the story of Africa, and how it rose to lofty heights and civilized the entire world, before falling to colonialists and enslavers, read The Destruction of Black Civilization.

1 Like

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by letu(m): 10:34am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I'm not sure how advanced the Yorubas were in ship buiIding for sea faring. But evidence suggests that West Africans in places like modern-day Senegal and Gambia, built seafaring vessels that could hold over 400 men, and contained sleeping quarters, kitchens, rooms etc.

Columbus was not ''guessing'' when he saw the Africans in America. I've no idea where you got that from.

The many Olmec heads - stone artefacts with clear West African features found all over Mexico, also indicate that Africans landed there, and were highly regarded by the natives.

Olmec Heads, Mexico

If Vikings could travel around the sea with boats it's possible that Africans eg sub Saharan Africans did also.

1 Like

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by melodyogonna(m): 10:34am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

My Number 1 recommendation is 'The Destruction of Black Civilization' by Chancellor Williams.

The late Dr Williams was an African-American historian who spent 20 years travelling across Africa in the course of writing this seminal book, which has been called 'The black man's bible'.

If you want to know the story of Africa, and how it rose to lofty heights and civilized the entire world, before falling to colonialists and enslavers, read The Destruction of Black Civilization.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by illicit(m): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Oyo and Ekiti parapo war ?

Oyo had long fallen before Ekiri Parapo sir

The latest Oyo at Atiba and the Ibadan generals fought the Ekitis during this war....
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by Iamgrey5(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
illicit:

The latest Oyo at Atiba and the Ibadan generals fought the Ekitis during this war....
Ekiti fought Ibadan not Oyo Atiba

After Ibadan librated Ekiti from Benin kingdom influence, ibadan sought to impose new caretaker rulers in Ekiti which was fiercely resisited by Ekiti leading to Etiki people coming together to form Ekiti Parapo to resist.

Note1: ibadan never had a Calvary army, they were mostly gorilla fighters like Ogunmola.

Note2: At that time, Oyo empire with Calvary army had already fell to Fulani/Solagberu army.
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by melodyogonna(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

Emperor Caligula and Emperor Nero, two people I would not ever want to be associated with
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by illicit(m): 11:38am On Dec 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ekiti fought Ibadan not Oyo Atiba

After Ibadan librated Ekiti from Benin kingdom influence, ibadan sought to impose new caretaker rulers in Ekiti which was fiercely resisited by Ekiti leading to Etiki people coming together to form Ekiti Parapo to resist.

Note1: ibadan never had a Calvary army, they were mostly gorilla fighters like Ogunmola.

Note2: At that time, Oyo empire with Calvary army had already fell to Fulani/Solagberu army.

The Ibadans tried to restore Oyo hegemony at first, when this failed, they sought to become the rulers instead, their loyalty to Oyo atiba was why Ibadan didn't have a king just a baale because those Ibadan generals were mostly Oyo mercenaries and soldiers before the fall of old Oyo empire....

This overlordship was what the Ekitis, ijeshas revolted against....

By the way, Ekiti had never at anytime been under Benin rule, might be under the influence though being at the Eastern border of Yoruba land....

1 Like

Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by Iamgrey5(m): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
illicit:

The Ibadans tried to restore Oyo hegemony at first, when this failed, they sought to become the rulers instead, their loyalty to Oyo atiba was why Ibadan didn't have a king just a baale because those Ibadan generals were mostly Oyo mercenaries and soldiers before the fall of old Oyo empire....

This overlordship was what the Ekitis, ijeshas revolted against....

By the way, [/b]Ekiti had never at anytime been under Benin rull [[/b] might be under the influence though being at the Eastern border of Yoruba land....
@ emboldened shows you don't know what you are taking about
Re: Did Nigerians Conquer Southern Europe In The Middle Ages? by Moorish: 5:58am On Oct 08, 2021
This thread is a gem

Great work OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Is For Youths: Jamiu Asuku Tells North East RENMISS Supporters / Unbelievable But True, What A Yoruba Lawyer Told Me / By The Time Northerners Realize Their Mistake, It Will Be Too Late!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.