Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders (37868 Views)

Mahmud Sulaiman: Soldier Commits Suicide After Killing A Customs Officer In Seme / FEC Approves Reopening Of four Land Borders / More Than 50 Loaded Trucks Stranded In Seme Border After The Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2020
There was jubilation in Seme, near Badagry, Lagos State, on Wednesday as Federal Government ordered the reopening of four land borders across the country.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, announced the immediate reopening of four land borders after the Federal Executive Council meeting held virtually in Abuja on Wednesday.

The Federal Government had on August 21, 2019, ordered the closure of Nigerian borders to curb smuggling of goods and weapons.

“The president has approved the reopening of four land borders, namely– Seme, South-West, Ilela, North West, Maigatari border in the North-West and North-Central and Mfum in the South-South.

“These four land borders will be opened immediately, while the remaining land borders are directed to be reopened on or before Dec. 31,’’ the minister told State House Correspondents in Abuja on Wednesday.

She said that Buhari also directed that while the borders were being reopened, the ban on the importation of rice, poultry and other products still subsisted and would be implemented by the border patrol team.

Meanwhile, a large number of stakeholders and residents of Seme border community have expressed their joy at the development and commended Buhari for reopening the land borders.

Reacting, the Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents, Seme Border Chapter, commended the Federal Government for reopening the land borders.

Alhaji Bisiriyu Fanu, ANCLA Seme Chapter Chairman, said the reopening of the land borders will boost trans-border trade in the ECOWAS subregion.

Fanu said that many freight forwarders had lost their means of livelihoods as a result of the closure because their goods were stuck on both sides of the border.

The Onimeke of Imekeland, Oba Abraham Ogabi, also said that the reopening of the land border was a welcome development.

Ogabi said the closure had paralysed socioeconomic activities of border communities which relied on the trade between Republic of Benin and Badagry communities.

“We are in the border area, some of our people are married to their women and we do legitimate business with them.

“But the closure has affected our socioeconomic relationship with the border communities of Benin Republic.

“We thank the President and members of the FEC for reopening of the land borders,” he said.

Also speaking, the Alashipa of Ashipa in Badagry, Alhaji Shehu Ayeni, said the closure had affected his community which shared land borders with Republic of Benin.

The traditional ruler, however, appealed to the government to ensure security operatives were posted to necessary points in the area to block the influx of contraband into the country.

Ayeni said the reopening of the Seme land border would put smiles on the faces of many residents of the community.

(NAN)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHtFPodt4o

https://punchng.com/jubilation-in-seme-as-fg-reopens-four-land-borders/

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Vixlot: 10:31am On Dec 17, 2020
Where are the jubilant crowd

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by osamz007: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2020
ANYTHING TO PROMOTE THE DULLARD ADMINISTRATION

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2020
This has taught me to always thank God in every situation I find myself. We thought we were suffering when these borders were closed. little did we know our kind of suffering was all the good people of Benin needed to be happy

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by dangermouse(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2020
closing the border in whichever guise was and remains a bad decision by the government . The customs and all other security agents along the borders should rather be retrained and poised towards combatting influx of contraband and illegal goods across the borders.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by freeborn02: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Where are those claiming that buhari did well to close the borders?

Looks like Buhari has pissed in your mouth once again.

How much shiit and urine will you guys have to swallow before Buhari leaves office? cheesy

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by donbachi(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Not like,the price of a bag of rice, will drop to 10k.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Kayceenaz(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Let's hope this ameliorates Nigeria's trading activities going forward, sweeping away the recession biting hard on many Nigerians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by osamz007: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
This has taught me to always thank God in every situation I find myself. We thought we were suffering when these borders were closed. little did we know our kind of suffering was all the good people of Benin needed to be happy

14 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by tiswell(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Best news I have heard this day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
I still didn't get the idea or rather the advantage behind closing border. undecided

19 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Dem for no reopen am nah. Useless Government! I don't understand how you will order for closure of borders without putting necessary measures in place as alternatives for people... They ended up crippling people's Means of survival due to the fact that the traders couldn't operate anymore like they used to.. And also as a result, making prices of goods skyrocket for Nigerians...

Ask these mor0ns what they have been able to achieve ever since the border closure now and they'll have nothing tangible to show for it but just unnecessary inflicting suffering on people... The useless Rice they were bragging about that Nigerian farmers are now producing, how many Nigerians eat this said rice? How much is a bag of Naija rice sef? Idiotss! God punish Buhari and his useless goons..

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Viaa: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2020
Very useless closure that amounts to nothing.

Useless government doing everything to make inflation worse knowing fully well that whatever goes up in Nigeria hardly ever comes back down.

The price of rice and goods that skyrocketed due to border closure won't reduce.

The closure achieved nothing.

Instead of finding a way to make Nigerian goods better and competitive, they are killing competition.

Making us buy mediocre rice for outrageous prices.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by dust144(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2020
Ok, watch out for part 2.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by YorubaKinging: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2020
The end is near

The people of seme are also the same as yoruba

Hence the children of Judah
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by kingemaker(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2020
What did we gain from this border closure?? Governance should not be trial and error. This country is gone!

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2020
grin
Me self jubilate cos those idiot in aso rock distabilize my source of livelihood by that border closure..
Why will you close border on things not. Produced or manufactured in Nigeria?
Senseless sets of buffons

17 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Aflix(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2020
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by sylve11: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2020
Of what essence was the closure in the first place? cool

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Sundaycomputer: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2020
Make Nigeria Government divorce NIGERIA PEOPLE,
This Government Na try an try Government
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by JB4life: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:

That things are now cheaper for ordinary people of Benin republic because of border closure or what

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Exc2000: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2020
cool

The land of Lazy people

We can't feed ourselves except foriegn food

We can't cloth ourselves except okirika and foriegn materials.... Aba made products and Kaduna textile is inferior to them

You would expect Niger, Benin Republic to be the one rejoicing not Giant of Africa

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Farki: 10:52am On Dec 17, 2020
Finally the dullard from Daura has learned the same lesson he learned in 84, that closing the land borders was pointless.

After many months of pointless suffering they should really be angry that it was closed in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Aflix(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:

https://punchng.com/jubilation-in-seme-as-fg-reopens-four-land-borders/
Can you please name one thing Nigeria gained from the border closure

6 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Olarewaju89: 10:52am On Dec 17, 2020
OK grin

Omo see joy grin

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Jammy2012(m): 10:53am On Dec 17, 2020
grin Buhari is just testing microphone. Once he sees how many countries are happy for the opened border. If they are too much, very soon, he would close it again. cheesy wink cheesy The man is an agent of pain. Enjoy it while it lasts. Abi buhari wants to use the avenue to import more cows ni? undecided Just saying though
Perhaps, to mark his birthday grin

9 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 17, 2020
ogbeni Buhari don finally pick some people call

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Amazing Look Of Patience Jonathan - Photo / Ayiri Emami Hangs Out With Oshiomhole, Akeredolu, Amosun, Tambuwal / Aisha Yesufu: "I Will Help Buhari Pack To Daura In 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.