Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,160 members, 7,835,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? (17996 Views)

The Three Wise Men: What Exact “Knowledge Of The Stars” Did They Possess.?? / Wise Men Worshipped The Baby Jesus! / Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by michresakidjo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Christianity and islam maybe, but not judaism. Except if there was any evidence of it before 530BC.

It's what you read from the Bible bro...... What was religion practiced by the Egyptians when Jacob and his children dwelled in the land of the Goshen??.....

Let's think outside the box.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Pacesetter123(m): 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
EhisChelsea1:

The angle you brought out is also a likely possibility. Thanks for the points you raised. We are all learning from each other's post. God bless you bro
U welcome very brotherly.We are all Bible students learning from each other.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
DappaD:
It's okay I've heard you loud and clear sir. undecided
Alright.

Take care and God bless.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by alabo1: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
sonmvayina:

Christianity and islam maybe, but not judaism. Except if there was any evidence of it before 530BC.

Yes there is evidence from as early as 650 BC

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by yahmohy27: 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
michresakidjo:
according to history, The three wise men mentioned in the Bible were Zoroastrians. Zoroastrianism is the first religion.. it predates both Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
According to your knowledge.
Islam has be in existence since when man set foot on earth
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by sonmvayina(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
michresakidjo:

It's what you read from the Bible bro...... What was religion practiced by the Egyptians when Jacob and his children dwelled in the land of the Goshen??.....

Let's think outside the box.

Or, it could just be a story..not factual...it is still about Enki(jacob) and esau(Enlil)....
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dreyton36: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
The question is who are those three wise men?

Just give a simple answer , instead y'all will give a billion explanation to confuse people , give a simple and straight answer

Who are those three wise men , simple question
Too many explanation yet I see no sense here

Till today I still ask , who is the holy spirit ?
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dreyton36:

Just give a simple answer , instead y'all will give a billion explanation to confuse people , give a simple and straight answer

The three wise men are characters in a story. They are as real as the moving star that guided them to the manger. The three wise men are supposed to be Zoroastrians because they lend validity to the godship of Jesus being that their religion was one of the most established and respected religion at that time.

The Holy Spirit is a metaphysical concept unique to Christianity. It is said to be the third deity of the Christian triad along with god the father and god the son.

The Holy Spirit was the one who “overshadowed” the 15 year old child and got her pregnant.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dreyton36: 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
Martian:

The three wise men are characters in a story. They are as real as the moving star that guided them to the manger. The three wise men are supposed to be Zoroastrians because they lend validity to the godship of Jesus being that their religion was one of the most established and respected religion at that time.

The Holy Spirit is a metaphysical concept unique to Christianity. It is said to be the third deity of the Christian triad along with god the father and god the son.

The Holy Spirit was the one who “overshadowed” the 15 year old child and got her pregnant.

Guy take a chair, sit down
Breath in and out
Then read all you've typed here
Then tell me if you're making sense
No insults tho, but you're very blind from the truth cuz you are just beating around the bush , goodnight
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by flex04(m): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
DappaD:
OP I'm sorry but your conclusions do not corroborate with the evidence given. How could God have been the one to reveal details about the Messiah to the so-called “wise men” in question?

First of all, those “wise men” practiced magic and they were stargazers. This was something abominable from God's standpoint. Leviticus 20:6, Deuteronomy 18:10-12

So God couldn't have been the person responsible for the “star” that led those astrologers since it's well documented in the Mosaic Law that God's people must never be drawn/inclined to worship or receive direction from the celestial bodies. (Deuteronomy 4:19 see also Isaiah 47:13)

Secondly, this “star” led these “wise men” to Jerusalem. Then after meeting with Herod, he inquired of the Jewish scribes the location of the birth of the Messiah. (Matthew 2:4-6 see also Micah 5:2)
Herod then summoned the “wise men” and asked them to locate the Messiah in Bethlehem. Meanwhile Herod himself had set up a plan to exterminate this “Messiah” because he didn't want to tolerate rivalry.

If it was truly God who sent this “star”, why would the same God intervene by warning them not to return to Herod? Matthew 2:12?

Why would God be the cause of the deaths of many children because of a “star”? Obviously the “star” wasn't from divine origin because God cannot cause such a wicked thing to happen. Matthew 2:16 see also Job 34:10

As a Christian eeh, the only reason I won't collaborate with you in arguing facts like I always do is, both of us fit go start anti Christ

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dreyton36:

Guy take a chair, sit down
Breath in and out
Then read all you've typed here
Then tell me if you're making sense
No insults tho, but you're very blind from the truth cuz you are just beating around the bush , goodnight

Sorry, I thought you wanted answers. I guess you prefer the following:

The three wise men were sent by Angel Gabriel to view the God child and then alert the eastern world about the arrival of the Messiah. They were Persians of the priestly class.

The Holy Spirit is the Breathe of God that was present at creation alongside the Word.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by michresakidjo(m): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
yahmohy27:

According to your knowledge.
Islam has be in existence since when man set foot on earth
You and I know that Islam is Johnny come lately religion compared to Christianity.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by femi4: 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
michresakidjo:
according to history, The three wise men mentioned in the Bible were Zoroastrians. Zoroastrianism is the first religion.. it predates both Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
The Bible called them "wise men" not "three wise men"
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dreyton36: 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
Martian:

Sorry, I thought you wanted answers. I guess you prefer the following:

The three wise men were sent by Angel Gabriel to view the God child and then alert the eastern world about the arrival of the Messiah. They were Persians of the priestly class.

The Holy Spirit is the Breathe of God that was present at creation alongside the Word.

Firstly I'm an atheist , so don't be angry when I ask more questions

Q: and those three wise men wrote the Bible ?
The same men that you said we're sent by angel Gabriel?
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dreyton36:

Firstly I'm an atheist , so don't be angry when I ask more questions

Q: and those three wise men wrote the Bible ?
The same men that you said we're sent by angel Gabriel?

Read my first answer again then look up Magi, Zoroastrianism, and Triad.

“A Triad, in a religious context, refers to a grouping of three gods, usually by importance or similar roles. A triad of gods were usually not considered to by one in the same being, or different aspects of a single deity as in a Trinity or Triple deity.”
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:17am On Dec 21, 2020
Dreyton36:

He's the Power of God.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Janosky: 1:05am On Dec 21, 2020
DappaD:
I don't contend with proud, hateful and blind religious bigots. It's obvious from this thread that you've been severely schooled on the topic and you only want to save your pitiful face.

Jnr LYING dullard, na today?
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:09am On Dec 21, 2020
Janosky:

Fraudosky and the JW gang of fraudsters.

How market?
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:58am On Dec 21, 2020
haddeylium:

Killed what question? cheesy

Take it slowly, the star didn't lead them to Bethlehem first, but to king Herod which is the Messiah dangerous enemy and their visit resulted in the mass slaughter of innocent infants.
They're obviously not servants or worshipers of the true God.
Would you say otherwise?

The Obsscience/worship they did makes them God's servant?
That's cheap. Even demons and unclean spirit did the same to him. That does not mean they're not devil's agent!

Think! After they left Jehovah’s angel warned Joseph to flee to Egypt to safeguard the child.
Now,was that “star” a sign from God or was it from someone who was seeking to have God’s Son(The Messiah) destroyed?
Your idea that the star led them first to Herod and not Bethlehem is false, because Bethlehem was in Judea and Herod was king of Judea.

And when strangers usually got into a country, they'd first be interrogated of their mission to the country, which explains why the wise men revealed their mission to king Herod.

So your assumption about the star is illinformed, erroneous, hence dead on arrival.

Also, I advised you earlier not to use the wicked decisions men make or such outcomes to come to such conclusions, otherwise you'd also conclude that God was the devil or evil because of the wicked decision man made that led Him to destroy mankind with the flood.

If you really wanted to know the truth about the wise men, you would have asked yourself why God did not warn Joseph before they came but until after they had left.

That alone should have told you that they were God-sent and led there by God via the star, not the devil as you wrongly assume.

But it seems you're actually the one being led by a "star" which is not of God, that why it's not leading you to the Truth, but to lies and false and false assumptions about the true wise men of God.

1 Like

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:49am On Dec 21, 2020
No be today the guy don dey lie without remorse!

Last year he presumptuously fabricated his own personal prophecy that something tragic will happen to atheists on Nairaland on or before December 31 2019, adding that if it doesn't happen he will delete his profile from the forum!

Nothing happened o! One of the atheists named "LordReed" took it up and started the countdown until January 1 2020, Jesusjnr left Nairaland in shame only to return again as Jesusjnr2020!
Ever since then the atheists never took his serious again! cheesy

So he's a popular nuisance on Nairaland! cheesy

Janosky:

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:37am On Dec 21, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
No be today the guy don dey lie without remorse!

Last year he presumptuously fabricated his own personal prophecy that something tragic will happen to atheists on Nairaland on or before December 31 2019, adding that if it doesn't happen he will delete his profile from the forum!

Nothing happened o! One of the atheists named "LordReed" took it up and started the countdown until January 1 2020, Jesusjnr left Nairaland in shame only to return again as Jesusjnr2020!
Ever since then the atheists never took his serious again! cheesy

So he's a popular nuisance on Nairaland! cheesy

So says the gang of liars and fraudsters from the world famous group of failed prophecies called the Jehovah Witnesses.

When they speak of failed prophecies, they speak of their own because when it comes to failed prophecies, no one else comes close. They are the masters of it.

They are also well known for their false claims about Jesus the only begotten Son of God, they even falsely claim He was angel Michael despite how glaringly false and erroneous such a claim is, because they are shameless Antichrists! So their lies being told here about the wise men of God who God sent from the East to worship Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords, while He was yet a baby is no surprise.

It's the DNA of Jehovah Witnesses.

Check below for more!

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dreyton36: 7:11am On Dec 21, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
He's the Power of God.

Holy spirit is the power of God?
How does that sound to you man
I need something convincing
If you say in the name of the father _which is God
In the name of the son_ let's say Jesus Christ
And the holy Spirit _ how does that mean the power of God

Or does God need the holy Spirit to be powerful ?

I don't still get you sir
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dreyton36: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2020
Martian:

Read my first answer again then look up Magi, Zoroastrianism, and Triad.

“A Triad, in a religious context, refers to a grouping of three gods, usually by importance or similar roles. A triad of gods were usually not considered to by one in the same being, or different aspects of a single deity as in a Trinity or Triple deity.”

Let's assume you're right sir
Who now wrote the Bible cuz since I was born I've been hearing people saying it's the three wise men so i need that answer
How true is it that the three wise men wrote the Bible?
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dagz007(m): 7:25am On Dec 21, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

Unfortunately i'm not a knowledge seeker as you. I'm a Truth seeker.

And knowledge of the Truth doesn't come by learning but by obedience of the Word of God.

2 Tim 2:15
Study to show thyself approved to God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Earnestly seek to commend yourself to God as a servant who, because of his straightforward dealing with the word of truth, has no reason to feel any shame. Give diligence to present yourself approved by God,

You can twist words for all you like but the Truth remains that you can't trust and defend what you are not sure of, the word of God has gone beyond the case of Assumption.

Study from the right source not a misinterpreted book, this gives you a well grounded truth that bridges your knowledge gap.

I pray we all end up knowing the truth at the end
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2020
Your post is your own personal opinion about the Organization of JWs Sir and pictures are things you heard from social media so it's a fifty fifty chance of whether it's true or rumours.
But the post you responded to is what you did here on Nairaland that everyone can confirm right now if they want to verify.
You posted your own personal prophecy last year and it failed before everyone, it's a totally different ball game from what you were told about JWs.
What exactly did the JWs published that's reported as failed prophecies?
Everyone knew what God's word said about God's kingdom "at hand" meaning "soon" you're just like a Jew saying John the baptist, Jesus of Nazareth and the first century Christians have brought many failed prophecies as they keep talking about the end of the world coming soon yet it has not come till today! Whereas it was just the promise of a new world these people kept so bright!
For your information the one and only prophecy that enemies of truth keep talking about is the same message God's kingdom is at hand
©John the baptist~ Matthew 3:1-2
©Jesus of Nazareth~ 4:17;
©Jesus' disciples~ 1John 2:15-17

So can you now post any publication of JWs that specifically mentioned a date of the end of the world?

The answer is NO!

So stop deluding yourself! wink

jesusjnr2020:
So says the gang of liars and fraudsters from the world famous group of failed prophecies called the Jehovah Witnesses.

When they speak of failed prophecies, they speak of their own because when it comes to failed prophecies, no one else comes close. They are the masters of it.

They are also well known for their false claims about Jesus the only begotten Son of God, they even falsely claim He was angel Michael despite how glaringly false and erroneous such a claim is, because they are shameless Antichrists! So their lies being told here about the wise men of God who God sent from the East to worship Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords, while He was yet a baby is no surprise.

It's the DNA of Jehovah Witnesses.

Check below for more!
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:41am On Dec 21, 2020
Dagz007:

2 Tim 2:15
Study to show thyself approved to God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Earnestly seek to commend yourself to God as a servant who, because of his straightforward dealing with the word of truth, has no reason to feel any shame. Give diligence to present yourself approved by God,

You can twist words for all you like but the Truth remains that you can't trust and defend what you are not sure of, the word of God has gone beyond the case of Assumption.

Study from the right source not a misinterpreted book, this gives you a well grounded truth that bridges your knowledge gap.

I pray we all end up knowing the truth at the end
Okay I can see the level you're coming from. The level of studying to show yourself approved. No wonder the learning, unlearning, relearning worldly bullshit!

What shall it profit you if you learn, unlearn, relearn everything but still lose your own soul?

It's not about learning everything but knowing the Truth. If you don't have that knowledge, in spite of all your learning, you're still blind and know nothing in Truth! Hence you're still a slave because it's only the knowledge of the Truth that can set you free.

And the knowledge of the Truth comes by obedience of the Word of God because it's only God that can give man that knowledge, and God can only give man that knowledge if man keeps His Word!

So I don't study to show myself approved unto men as the likes of you do, but to obey!

That's how I got this knowledge of the Truth about the wise men of Godwhich you're obviously blind to.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by Dagz007(m): 8:48am On Dec 21, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Okay I can see the level you're coming from. The level of studying to show yourself approved. No wonder the learning, unlearning, relearning worldly bullshit!

What shall it profit you if you learn, unlearn, relearn everything but still lose your own soul?

It's not about learning everything but knowing the Truth. If you don't have that knowledge, in spite of all your learning, you're still blind and know nothing in Truth! Hence you're still a slave because it's only the knowledge of the Truth that can set you free.

And the knowledge of the Truth comes by obedience of the Word of God because it's only God that can give man that knowledge, and God can only give man that knowledge if man keeps His Word!

So I don't study to show myself approved unto men as the likes of you do, but to obey!

That's how I got this knowledge of the Truth about the wise men of Godwhich you're obviously blind to.

How abundantly you are filled with spirit that yet you attacks me with words even when I said nothing so harsh to you,

How about addressing the issue at hand rather than sounding like this, Bro lolz.

I won't be moved to convert to your religion if I hear you talking like this outside, honestly.

May I remind you that the issue at hand is still about 'who were the 3 wise men '. Truly bro if that your submission is your found truth then let it set you free.

Bless you.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Your post is your own personal opinion about the Organization of JWs Sir and pictures are things you heard from social media so it's a fifty fifty chance of whether it's true or rumours.
But the post you responded to is what you did here on Nairaland that everyone can confirm right now if they want to verify.
You posted your own personal prophecy last year and it failed before everyone, it's a totally different ball game from what you were told about JWs.
What exactly did the JWs published that's reported as failed prophecies?
Everyone knew what God's word said about God's kingdom "at hand" meaning "soon" you're just like a Jew saying John the baptist, Jesus of Nazareth and the first century Christians have brought many failed prophecies as they keep talking about the end of the world coming soon yet it has not come till today! Whereas it was just the promise of a new world these people kept so bright!
For your information the one and only prophecy that enemies of truth keep talking about is the same message God's kingdom is at hand
©John the baptist~ Matthew 3:1-2
©Jesus of Nazareth~ 4:17;
©Jesus' disciples~ 1John 2:15-17

So can you now post any publication of JWs that specifically mentioned a date of the end of the world?

The answer is NO!

So stop deluding yourself! wink

Lol! It seems even among Jehovah Witnesses there are worse liars than others because even Fraudosky who's proven himself to be a liar didn't deny the truth about Jehovah Witnesses failled prophecies.

So your own level of lying seems to be the maximum level of lying, lol.

As if you don't know that the information I posted here was not private but public info which even your group has apologized for.

So the last person to accuse someone of failed prophecies is a JW member like you, because your group is the master of failed prophecies. No one can do false prophecies better than Jehovah Witnesses!

So keep fooling yourself talking about a mere aberration, because you don't know that many fingers not just one of failed prophecies would be pointing back at you.

Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2020
Dagz007:

How abundantly you are filled with spirit that yet you attacks me with words even when I said nothing so harsh to you,

How about addressing the issue at hand rather than sounding like this, Bro lolz.

I won't be moved to convert to your religion if I hear you talking like this outside, honestly.

May I remind you that the issue at hand is still about 'who were the 3 wise men '. Truly bro if that your submission is your found truth then let it set you free.

Bless you.
I'm sounding harsh because you sound very much like one troll here using another moniker. If you're not the one then please accept my apologies.

I was only using the tone that because the tone was befitting to the said person. Jesus used different tones depending on whom He was addressing. The tone He used for the Pharisees was very harsh and justifiably so for their wickedness and hypocrisy.

As for the three wise men, you don't have to agree with my submission, but I believe it's the Truth.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2020
The whole world knows the publications of JWs nah! cheesy
So please post just one publication of JWs that mentioned a specific date about Armageddon Sir! cheesy
Abi Armageddon no dey your own copy of the Bible? Revelations 16:16 cheesy

Let's see who has been fooled with rumours! cheesy

jesusjnr2020:
Lol! It seems even among Jehovah Witnesses there are worse liars than others because even Fraudosky who's proven himself to be a liar didn't deny the truth about Jehovah Witnesses failled prophecies.

So your own level of lying seems to be the maximum level of lying, lol.

As if you don't know that the information I posted here was not private but public info which even your group has apologized for.

So the last person to accuse someone of failed prophecies is a JW member like you, because your group is the master of failed prophecies. No one can do false prophecies better than Jehovah Witnesses!

So keep fooling yourself talking about an aberration, because you don't know that many fingers not just one of failed prophecies would be pointing back at you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye Denied Writing Any Letter On Self Defence / How brands celebrate Easter / Archbishop Bars Pelosi From Receiving Holy Communion Over Abortion Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.