Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism (8235 Views)

Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President / Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday / Insecurity: Umahi In Church, Charges Leaders To Seek The Face Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by obama30: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/12/25/insecurity-umahi-declares-war-against-banditry-cultism-offers-reward-for-iinformation/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1608901255

So this is the way your masters advise you to use and eliminate ESN security operators in Ebony state? instead of you to alliance with then and recognized them. forget gragra no governor can be able to secure a state with under ground security network as ESN, if is easy as you doing gragra, Bornu state and other northern governors should have done it without involving anyone.

You don't even know how to secure a town talk about state, putting your state citizen in poverty in order to use them whenever you need is evil, that is Adolf Hitler system. recognize ESN and be at peace or continue gragra
Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by Ofiagu(m): 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:
One igbo man is another igbo man's enemy.

When e-Money was managing his life, he got picked up and arrested by law enforcement officers and treated like a non-entity. Why? An igbo man of his nativity felt he was becoming far too popular and that in future he would challenge him for the seat of the governor.

In likemanner, Umuahi the new internal enemy the Ndigbo has to deal with is fighting tool and nail. Why? For so many reasons. This is definitely a ploy to tackle ESN. WHY?

If ESN flies without the permission of the so called elders, then they lose grip of power, fame and popularity forever and a new power controller comes to the fray. So, to halt all of these to happen, he is fighting hook, line and sinker especially against IPOB because not only did he and the present leadership Ndigbo elders not establish IPOB, they have no part. And if IPOB and ESN succeeds, it sends a message that the youths do not quetensentially need to have to report to the elders and they become useless and no one would refer to them in positions of power.

Any fight against Ipob and ESN should be carefully studied by Ndigbo youths... Know thy enemies. Ndigbo youths.

This is a popularity contest for Umuahi. And I maintain one igbo man is another igbo man's enemy

You sound educated.
You are a bit eloquent too.

But I want you to answer this:
Is it in order for a SECURITY NETWORK to be established by civilians without involving constituted authority?

We Ndigbo must take serious things serious and insist on doing things properly.

Which Act or Law is regulating the personnel or "officers" of that security network?

Even the Nigeria police is known to abuse people's rights and brutalize innocent Nigerians. That is still a big issue to deal with, irrespective of the fact that we have a known law (Police Act) which created the Nigeria police Force and gave it duties, obligations and limitations.

How is it that well thinking Citizens of Igbo origin don't think far to perceive the dangers inherent when overzealous drug addicts and weed smoking Igbo sons declare that they are constituting a security network?

Do you not know that it is wrong to ever give power to human beings to manage without a conventional law enacted to provide the duties, powers, obligations and limitations of the powers?

POWER CORRUPTS AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

EVEN THE ELECTED GOVERNORS HAS LIMITATIONS OF EXERCISE OF THEIR POWERS BASED ON THE LAWS THAT CREATED THE OFFICE OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA.

Let's be wiser than this please. Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB, ESN, all this propaganda by fake persons who are not known for any genuine antecedents must not be allowed to cause more chaos in Igbo land.
They have ochestrated loss of lives in Igbo land. They are not planning to save the Igbo lives, but to waste more of the lives of our sons and Daughters on the alters of foolish Egos.

Personally, I am a champion of "NO MORE DEATHS OF NDIGBO FOR BIAFRA CAUSES".

Igbo independence will come simply on a future time when other segments of the Nigerian amalgamation are desirous of parting ways. To do it the old fashion way will remain counter productive. So Ndigbo better strategize on how best to contribute and exploit the larger Nigeria project, pending when the future time I allude to comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by donnie(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
mike8804:
Most Eastern governors will be issuing threats against Fulani bandits just to gain Ipob sympathy.... Ipob is well armed, if you don't dance to their tunes you risk their wrath. Merry Xmas from here!!!
They are actually seeking information on the ESN, not herdsmen. Those ones are allowed to slaughter as many as they can when they will.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by RedPanthar: 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ofiagu:

You sound educated.
You are a bit eloquent too.

But I want you to answer this:
Is it in order for a SECURITY NETWORK to be established by civilians without involving constituted authority?

We Ndigbo must take serious things serious and insist on doing things properly.

Which Act or Law is regulating the personnel or "officers" of that security network?

Even the Nigeria police is known to abuse people's rights and brutalize innocent Nigerians. That is still a big issue to deal with, irrespective of the fact that we have a known law (Police Act) which created the Nigeria police Force and gave it duties, obligations and limitations.

How is it that well thinking Citizens of Igbo origin don't think far to perceive the dangers inherent when overzealous drug addicts and weed smoking Igbo sons declare that they are constituting a security network?

Do you not know that it is wrong to ever give power to human beings to manage without a conventional law enacted to provide the duties, powers, obligations and limitations of the powers?

POWER CORRUPTS AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY.

EVEN THE ELECTED GOVERNORS HAS LIMITATIONS OF EXERCISE OF THEIR POWERS BASED ON THE LAWS THAT CREATED THE OFFICE OF GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA.

Let's be wiser than this please. Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB, ESN, all this propaganda by fake persons who are not known for any genuine antecedents must not be allowed to cause more chaos in Igbo land.
They have ochestrated loss of lives in Igbo land. They are not planning to save the Igbo lives, but to waste more of the lives of our sons and Daughters on the alters of foolish Egos.

Personally, I am a champion of "NO MORE DEATHS OF NDIGBO FOR BIAFRA CAUSES".

Igbo independence will come simply on a future time when other segments of the Nigerian amalgamation are desirous of parting ways. To do it the old fashion way will remain counter productive. So Ndigbo better strategize on how best to contribute and exploit the larger Nigeria project, pending when the future time I allude to comes.

How I wish I had the time to respond to you point by point.

Now, security is fundamentally a human right. And when a group of persons comes to have that done there's no harm caused

Now there are multiple dimensions to the issue but it all began. When the so called elders were to gather to determine the formation of a security outfit in Ndigbo land. What happened?

Pride came in. Ego too, I'm high chief this, they didn't invite me. And so on and so on and politics set in and as usual destabilised things before it started. This was the very opportunity the elders could have taken the lead. On bit missed the golden chance.

What 100 Ndigbo elders couldn't do in person, NK in absentia is doing it.

I'm sorry. I'm a man that praises productivity and I know who's productive.

When the formation of a security outfit wasnt achieved by the elders after months and years of discussion and arguments. In months youths did it

My dear. Check the scripture. Anytime there's to be a change on earth, it's always through the youths. After Sampson lost his eyes, he asked a youth for guidance to the walls of the tower. Trusting and leaning on the youth is a prophetic map that elders should work work their youths.

But I've noticed an envy between Ndigbo political elites against non-political igbos and youths alike.

I'm not even an Ndigbo but I carry the matter for head. They should leave our generation alone.

They've had since 1960 till present day. Nobody is able to stand to this government to tell it the truth asides myself ;Dand IPOB/ESN. If the elders do the way elders behave we won't be here.

It's the nonchalant and indecisive attitude of the elders that created ESN.

ESN hasn't killed anyone.

ESN hasn't attacked anyone

1000 fulanis carry ak47 no one disturbs them

Kidnapper fulanis carry ak47 to governors to negotiate even after they commit evil

But if my Ndigbo brothers just gather to talk or practice jujitsu they will carry their satanic agents to go on a killing spree

I refuse to be silent. I won't be silent. This is a blood thirsty administration and everything should be done to protect interests against their maddness

ESN is in forests and not even in cities. So why the fraca?

Before Amotekun was backed by law, it was operational. Before Hisbah became backed by law, it was operational.

I won't be quiet but to give approval for ESN while legal actions and approval can also come later just like the other groups. Afterall, what is good for the goose, is also good for the gander.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by Dollanaira: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2020
Action is louder
Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by Ezmans: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
mike8804:
Most Eastern governors will be issuing threats against Fulani bandits just to gain Ipob sympathy.... Ipob is well armed, if you don't dance to their tunes you risk their wrath. Merry Xmas from here!!!
so there are bandits in ebonyi state
Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by lastempero: 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
Jostoman:
From what Umahi just said now IPOB guys should beware because very soon now police and soldiers may start arresting those ESN guys and be tagging them kidnappers or Cultists.

Smaŕt guy you are, exactly my thoughts.

Politicians are the most useless clueless n wicked set of people.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by Jlow2: 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
There is no banditry in ebonyi state, what we have is killings by cultists whom have connections with the incumbent government.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
Vistra40:

Meaning they will start terrorizing opponents?
heyyy you reason this way hhhhmmm
Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by Ofiagu(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2020
RedPanthar:

Now, security is fundamentally a human right. And when a group of persons comes to have that done there's no harm caused

Now there are multiple dimensions to the issue but it all began. When the so called elders were to gather to determine the formation of a security outfit in Ndigbo land. What happened?

Pride came in. Ego too, I'm high chief this, they didn't invite me. And so on and so on and politics set in and as usual destabilised things before it started. This was the very opportunity the elders could have taken the lead. On bit missed the golden chance.

When the formation of a security outfit wasnt achieved by the elders after months and years of discussion and arguments. In months youths did it

My dear. Check the scripture. Anytime there's to be a change on earth, it's always through the youths. After Sampson lost his eyes, he asked a youth for guidance to the walls of the tower. Trusting and leaning on the youth is a prophetic map that elders should work work their youths.

But I've noticed an envy between Ndigbo political elites against non-political igbos and youths alike.

I'm not even an Ndigbo but I carry the matter for head. They should leave our generation alone.

They've had since 1960 till present day. Nobody is able to stand to this government to tell it the truth asides myself ;Dand IPOB/ESN. If the elders do the way elders behave we won't be here.

Kidnapper fulanis carry ak47 to governors to negotiate even after they commit evil

But if my Ndigbo brothers just gather to talk or practice jujitsu they will carry their satanic agents to go on a killing spree

I refuse to be silent. I won't be silent. This is a blood thirsty administration and everything should be done to protect interests against their maddness

Before Amotekun was backed by law, it was operational. Before Hisbah became backed by law, it was operational.

I won't be quiet but to give approval for ESN while legal actions and approval can also come later just like the other groups. Afterall, what is good for the goose, is also good for the gander.

Thank you for making your point without abuses.

What you have said are genuine, but I wish you, and all other members of your school of thought can take a subtle and no adversarial approach to achieve that. There is a friendly and subtle way that can be used, and a better results will be achieved.

Ndigbo are special people in Nigeria. Our issues are different from those of other ethnic groups. Soft gloves may be used to handle matters in North or sothwest, but similar circumstances arising from Igboland is confronted with full force.
Python dance in South East was a full blown war, even though ipob were mild then.

Similar township military exercise in other regions weren't as much stern as that of Igboland even though they were also nicknamed with animallike nomenclatures.

Knowing our circumstances requires we ensure Igbo lives are preserved, not wasted.
So, join the movement for NO MORE WASTE OF IGBO LIVES
Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by RedPanthar: 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ofiagu:

Thank you for making your point without abuses.

What you have said are genuine, but I wish you, and all other members of your school of thought can take a subtle and no adversarial approach to achieve that. There is a friendly and subtle way that can be used, and a better results will be achieved.

Ndigbo are special people in Nigeria. Our issues are different from those of other ethnic groups. Soft gloves may be used to handle matters in North or sothwest, but similar circumstances arising from Igboland is confronted with full force.
Python dance in South East was a full blown war, even though ipob were mild then.

Similar township military exercise in other regions weren't as much stern as that of Igboland even though they were also nicknamed with animallike nomenclatures.

Knowing our circumstances requires we ensure Igbo lives are preserved, not wasted.
So, join the movement for NO MORE WASTE OF IGBO LIVES

Insults ke. No o. Not my thing. Anonymity isn't a an excuse for misdemeanours. You've spoken well.

We mean no harm. It only hurts as the fulani are forcing other tribes and ethnic regions to the place of servitude and this ideology is what's being challenged. Not withstanding you've spoken like a true Sage you are and I acting resonate your thoughts in so many ways.

Referendum will come when composing units have similar desires. However, the show of force and the ability to resist and not follow mob mentality as dictated by the oppressors.

The control of the lives and destinies of people who would have been superior in every ramifications if not for condition. Spits in anger angry

Why your comments are indicative of a pacifist and a free minded personality, I want to encourage to lean a bit away from this ideology once in a while. Why?

Many times in life oppressors and aggressors respond to force alone and only and must be communicated in languages they can relate with. Key examples Russia, China and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Umahi Declares War Against Banditry, Cultism by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
RedPanthar:

What can I say

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Performed Above Any President In Nigeria’s History — Zamfara APC / Would You Vote For Yaradua To Be Re-elected? / I Am Not A Crook, I ‘m Not A Criminal – Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.