Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,168 members, 7,860,184 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha (8334 Views)

2023: Harrison Gwamnishu Declares For Aniocha/Oshimili Reps Seat / My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta / FG Release Photos of Ogwashi-uku Earth Dam Project, In Aboh-ogwashi-uku, Aniocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bendeco2020: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Your are now confused. When did I mention Fegge?

The beating you're taking is too much, you are becoming punch drunk grin
Oh Sorry.... That was post by another emotional dude like you.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

That's why I was telling them that all those Onichas might have had migration links with the original Onicha which the whites renamed Onitsha for administrative convenience. So, Onicha in Imo, Anambra, Delta, Ebonyi and Enugu might be related.

But my points will oppose the hausa narrative that says that Onitsha is a Benin town that crossed over. They want to cause a division inside Igboland with their divide and conquer tactics.

They are not in anyway related. The only Onicha there are related is the one in Anambra and Delta.. that's what we know. Both are same stock of people...but for others it is lie, they aren't related.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bendeco2020: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Lol..Are you guys not really tired?

Every single thing, u will be shouting they want to divide us?

Why are you then fabricating history....

Why not leave history the way it is than trying to create history..

Don't mind the fool..... Only talk and no action
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by SLAP44: 9:48am On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

They are not in anyway related. The only Onicha there are related is the one in Anambra and Delta.. that's what we know. Both are same stock of people...but for others it is lie, they aren't related.

That's exactly what every northerner wants to believe. Nassarawa in Kano and Nassarawa state, do they have anything in common? grin

2 Likes

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2020
Dovegrey:
Online boko harram leave igbo alone

What are you looking for in one of the dangerous states in Nigeria?
No room for Ipob miscreants here..be guided
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

That's exactly what every northerner wants to believe. Nassarawa in Kano and Nassarawa state, do they have anything in common? grin

Keeping calling northerners as Nnamdi Kanu taught you guys, when you are done u can start calling mali..

One fact stands out and that is the only related onitsha are the ones found in Delta and Anambra..qed.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Another northerner on the beat, SMH.

The whole of South Western Anambra have a lot in common with Igbo Delta. Starting from Anam, Nkwelle ezunaka, even down till Ogbaru shares cultural and religious affiliations with the Ika people of Igbo Delta. Those places are inseparable despite the river boundaries.

Imagine a stranger from another state telling son of the soil his history.

You guys are really funny...

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 26, 2020
Bendeco2020:

Onye ara.... O Mpa muru gi bu onye hausa

You are just spreading false information here.... And as Onitsha Indigene in the forum, I can't be watching u without stating the fact.

If not corrected, before you realize it they will start spreading it.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2020
Bendeco2020:

What do anam have in common with Igbo delta?

Onitsha kingship is known as Obi..... Tell me any other town that surround onitsha that has their kingship title as Obi?

Umu dei village in Onitsha, cross to delta (Ika) you will also see the dei descendant.

Ask ur self why the Onitsha is called "Onicha Ezechima"

Those towns in ika are also the descendants of Ezechima....

@ bolded, There exist before it was metamorphosed to Igwe.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2020
Bendeco2020:
Other Igbos don't have King b4 we were colonised but Onitsha always has one king right from time.

Other Igbos have kings before the coming of the white man.

Two points, you are totally wrong.

1. There exist Igbo towns with Obi title which metamorphosed as Obi

2. There exist Igbo towns with Kingship before white men arrived.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Now, what is the king of other Onichas in Ebonyi and Imo called pre colonial times?

I repeat, I want to show you that you are really empty and know nothing about Onitsha. Your baseless claims stops on nairaland

These onichas you are calling have no business or relationship with Onicha mmili.

They are not related and so the question is useless and baseless.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Akudaisi: 10:11am On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

These onichas you are calling have no business or relationship with Onicha mmili.

They are not related and so the question is useless and baseless.
iyi,I have always known you as a hypocrite, Afonjanic demon,leave Igbos alone,Igbos are Igbos period leave us alone

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2020
Akudaisi:
iyi,I have always known you as a hypocrite, Afonjanic demon,leave Igbos alone,Igbos are Igbos period leave us alone

Lolzzz

We are putting history as it should be and you are here shouting Igbos...

So you want the history of the hunt to glory all these hunters.

The truth is that they are not related to Onicha mmili.

Anyone fabricating such history is just been mischievous.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Dovegrey: 10:21am On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

What are you looking for in one of the dangerous states in Nigeria?

No room for Ipob miscreants here..be guided

Aboki face your cursed North

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2020
Dovegrey:

Aboki face your cursed North

All na still dangerous states join.
Avoid all of them.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Dovegrey: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

All na still dangerous states join.

Avoid all of them.
What concern me with North

Aboki please let us kidnap ur parents.

I need money badly
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2020
Dovegrey:
What concern me with North

Aboki please let us kidnap ur parents.
I need money badly

https://www.nairaland.com/6329812/most-dangerous-states-nigeria
Avoid any state in that list. it is a no go area for Ipob miscreants..

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by DeOTR: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

You have resorted to insults because I have blown your cover. Any northerner can speak Igbo online through Google translate. Greet your fellow almajirins foe me, wish them a happy Xmas because we are all children of God.
Google Translate won't give you that same translation. The guy is Igbo.
I hate people who try to discredit others just to push their narratives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Dovegrey: 10:42am On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

https://www.nairaland.com/6329812/most-dangerous-states-nigeria

Avoid any state in that list. it is a no go area for Ipob miscreants..
Please let us kidnap ur parents tongue

I need money
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2020
Dovegrey:
Please let us kidnap ur parents tongue
I need money

https://www.nairaland.com/6329812/most-dangerous-states-nigeria Avoid any state in that list. it is a no go area for Ipob miscreants..
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2020
Azmanaty:

Oga, Awada is Obosi and not ontisha. Awada is Obosi Urban and not inland. The LGA is even idemili north and not ontisha or south.
Not until 2006 my brother. We know the struggle. Just like the way Fegge and GRA are still with Onitsha at the moment

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 10:56am On Dec 26, 2020
Bendeco2020:

Oga stop talking rubbish.... Am Onitsha indigene, all u said here are rubbish.

Awada is own by obosi, and not Onitsha.... If there is any town gaining territory, then it's Onitsha.... Onitsha always win any land dispute issue with it's neighbors... Don't just come online be spreading fake news.

For the migration part, I can tell you that Onitsha migrated from current delta state, I don't know about the Benin story.... As you can see clearly, Onitsha don't have things in common with it Anambra neighbors but have same ancesstorial root with delta Igbos (Ika) , starting from culture, and names and traditional titles.

Ask questions if you are confused. And next time don't comment with anger. Go and finish the court case with Nkwelle if you always win. Onye ọbịa amarọ okere ani

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by HeadShot: 10:57am On Dec 26, 2020
waleademolaa:

Baseless assertion based on what you think from your stinking anus, lol.. Inferiority complex kee u there

Waleademolaa....

We are not talking about osun caves here
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2020
Bendeco2020:

Mumu.... As u're insider and not stranger Who told you that Fegge is not in Onitsha?
Fegge is in Onitsha South. And it's still owned by Onitsha Indigene.
For now

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2020
Bendeco2020:

What do anam have in common with Igbo delta?

Onitsha kingship is known as Obi..... Tell me any other town that surround onitsha that has their kingship title as Obi?

Umu dei village in Onitsha, cross to delta (Ika) you will also see the dei descendant.

Ask ur self why the Onitsha is called "Onicha Ezechima"

Those towns in ika are also the descendants of Ezechima....
I now see that you are confused. Na Eziokwu unu bụ ezigbote ndị ọbịa. What is the king of Nnewi called?
The king of Nnewi is the Obi of Otolo and he was present when the first Obi of Onitsha was upgraded to Obi.
Other Igbo towns with quarters have Obi. Incase you don't know, Obi is a title held by the first born of the first family. Even Okija, Nnobi and others have Obi though it is like 10 to 20 communities that are lead by Obi. Places like Ihiala have Okpala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2020
acidici:
This is a very interesting topic.

My parent told me that

Onicha Uku
Onicha Olona
Onicha Ugbo and
Onicha Nmili (Onitsha)

were of the same parent. When they became adult they settled down in where they are today in Delta State. But the brothers had a bitter quarrel and this got Onicha Nmili very angry that he decided to cross the Niger river to settle down where Onitsha is today.

I don't know how true this story is, but Onitsha people has similar dialect with the other Onicha's. that is quite different from other typical Igbo speaking people in the core south east.
No longer Bini again? Please you people should stick with the Bini own so as not to make it confusing for the judges
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by oglalasioux(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2020
Onitsha is not the only one in Igbo land. There's Onicha Ugbo in Delta State. There's Onicha Uburu in Ebonyi State. The Onitsha we all know is Onitsha Ado. Likewise there are several places known as Aba apart from the one in Abia state. Where we all know as Abakaliki is actually Aba Nkaliki. There's Aba Omege. The popular Aba is actually Aba Ngwa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by OfficialAPCNig: 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
SLAP44:

That's why I was telling them that all those Onichas might have had migration links with the original Onicha which the whites renamed Onitsha for administrative convenience. So, Onicha in Imo, Anambra, Delta, Ebonyi and Enugu might be related.

But my points will oppose the hausa narrative that says that Onitsha is a Benin town that crossed over. They want to cause a division inside Igboland with their divide and conquer tactics.
Why are you guys missing Onicha Ngwa in Abia State?

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Dedetwo(m): 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Onicha be it ugbo, olona or onicha ado are one stock of people historically... and same dialectical stock ..ie language.

The other onichas you are attaching, I still don't understand what they are doing there or where they come from.......

As far as history is concerned, they have no business with Onicha ado, olona and ugbo.

The above opinion is tangentially off the mark. I guess the issue OP was trying to raise is if "Onitcha" is Igbo language. OP would have avoided Aniocha part of his\her hypothesis and concentrate on the Anglicization of the word, Onicha. Or try to proffer Igbo meaning of the word. I would have given the Igbo meaning of the word but nairaland since it is filled with dumbasses who are ancestral denial artists. I want those who denied their ancestral heritage to die foolishly.

4 Likes

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Dedetwo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Why are you guys missing Onicha Ngwa in Abia State?

Onicha Mbaise in Imo State.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by AustineJohn908(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
keep your history to yourself.
and for the record it's called Asaba which is the present administrative capital of Delta State.
You can call them Anioma people of Delta State, they are of the Anioma Ethnic stock and not Igbo Delta as you wrongly claimed.
Be guided please.
but how come people have met that speak the igbo language and are from Delta always say they're delta Igbos? Please who are the delta Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bonesking(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Onicha Ugbo and Onitsha might come from the same Ezechima, but Onicha in Delta, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi and Anambra have the same meaning.

The Onicha term is similar to Owerre which can be found in Imo, Delta, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Rivers and Abia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra NSCDC Seals Private Guard Outfits Over Alleged Failure To Renew Licence / LP Losing Governorship Elections Massively In Benue, Plateau And Lagos / Updated 2011 Election Result Projection Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.