Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,499 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha (8342 Views)

2023: Harrison Gwamnishu Declares For Aniocha/Oshimili Reps Seat / My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta / FG Release Photos of Ogwashi-uku Earth Dam Project, In Aboh-ogwashi-uku, Aniocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ogbuefi2020:

why do we have significant yoruba population in Brazil? Why is yoruba Ifa practiced there?

You are imagining things.

Not even a single source
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ogbuefi2020:

THe route is obvious, consider the route of the highway called East-West road. I will check my details for the rest

Not considering anything. What is the route and towns they passed on their so-journ?

I don't deal on fictions or fairly tales...
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ogbuefi2020:

You seem to be very versed in history. Benin did not move east through agbor but through ekpeye-ikwere axis. Aro advancement into anambra was halted by Awka people and their blacksmith guns. [s]Anaedo was saved by a native doctor who multiplied footprints of the female rabit (Nnewi) making the aros think that the place has no human inhabitants[/s] and therefore turning back. By the time Aro arrived Obosi, the Onitshas have signed agreement with British no thanks to the delay at Awka. But panick struck Onitsha and people fled their homes before British reinforcement arrived.

Crap..

Another Fairly tale, totally different from what Orizu said during his interview.

Nigga you are just a boy imagining things and feeding yourself with rubbish craps...

Heck!!!
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by wealthtrak: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2021
acidici:
This is a very interesting topic.

My parent told me that

Onicha Uku
Onicha Olona
Onicha Ugbo and
Onicha Nmili (Onitsha)

were of the same parent. When they became adult they settled down in where they are today in Delta State. But the brothers had a bitter quarrel and this got Onicha Nmili very angry that he decided to cross the Niger river to settle down where Onitsha is today.

I don't know how true this story is, but Onitsha people has similar dialect with the other Onicha's. that is quite different from other typical Igbo speaking people in the core south east.
Onicha Ado N'Idu.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by wealthtrak: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2021
Bendeco2020:

Oga stop talking rubbish.... Am Onitsha indigene, all u said here are rubbish.

Awada is own by obosi, and not Onitsha.... If there is any town gaining territory, then it's Onitsha.... Onitsha always win any land dispute issue with it's neighbors... Don't just come online be spreading fake news.

For the migration part, I can tell you that Onitsha migrated from current delta state, I don't know about the Benin story.... As you can see clearly, Onitsha don't have things in common with it Anambra neighbors but have same ancesstorial root with delta Igbos (Ika) , starting from culture, and names and traditional titles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by wealthtrak: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
Bendeco2020:
The Op should come here in Onitsha and repeat this rubbish..... When Onitsha even call others ndi Igbo. The way them go take beat you if you come talk rubbish here, u might not survive...
Lol... Authoritative!
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Okoroawusa: 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
It was never Aniocha. It was Onicha. The on thing the white man did was to mis-spell it as Onitsha.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by rickydechamp: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:

Thats the major problem with the Benin bogus history, they achieved great strenght suddenly ridding on shoulders of the Portuguese but collapsed so fast too, now they are clinging on the monentry glory that did not last. All Benin princes who rulled from Owo to Badagry in the west and From Agbor to Ohafia in the east were flushed out like poo immediately they lost the monopoly of guns which gave them the initial advantage. Fulani conquest of Hausas and Yorubas survived till collonial era and have come to stay forever
Guy, Bini never conquer Asaba, Have u ever see Asagba paying homage to oba of Bini before. We(Asaba people) know who will pay homage to because that's our ancestral hometown. Even the Bini people that's living among us pay homage to Asagba himself.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by SlayerForever: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2021
To say Bini's influence stopped at Agbor is not very accurate. Bini's influence went more easternly than Agbor. They imposed their princes on some Igbo communities and brought in their dirty traditional practices too. In some of these communities this lordship by Bini lasted several centuries, so Bini influence lingers on till today, difficult to do away with.
That's the reason why the confused ones till date continue in the tradition of paying obeisance to the diminutive Oba in Benin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Exposed!!! Why Fulanis See Igbos As Their Worst Enemy / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway / XENOPHOBIC ATTACK: South African Policemen Smile At A Burning Victim (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.