Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,382 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha (8337 Views)

2023: Harrison Gwamnishu Declares For Aniocha/Oshimili Reps Seat / My Eyes Is Filled With Tears Over Olukumi People In Aniocha North Area Of Delta / FG Release Photos of Ogwashi-uku Earth Dam Project, In Aboh-ogwashi-uku, Aniocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Dedetwo(m): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ogbuefi2020:

Owo was probably never defeated by other yoruba kingdoms, but Benin empire saw the introduction of european weapons, Owo was the greatest casualty of this era, Esigie sold 80% of Owo as slaves to the portuguese who dumped them in Brazil Sugar plantations. THe igbos of Ado na Idu kingdom abandoned their land and moved to interior east, some crossed the Niger, these are the people some ignorant mofos are claiming that they are from Benin. Benin empire far more successful in the west than in the east

Bro no Bini Oba ever dreamt of expansionist theory toward southeast. Till this moment, no inch of Agbo land was\is in Bini hand. Many people of Bini ancestry were captured by Agbo kingdom and allow to spent most of the lives in Agbo.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
adadike:
Bkayyy nwanem, gbata oso bia o. Dalu Idenna. Ndigbo siri na fa si Benin amachaghi Ife. Igbo ka Benin ofuma ofuma . Anyi chi kwara Benin ma chia obodo ndi ofe. Ndi Benin bu ndi kwesiri idi n'ekwu na fa si Igbo bia not the other way round. Enough of this nonsense. Ndigbo Mara nu ife Biko nu
Nke ahụ bụ eziokwu. Ooni ndị ife kwuru ya na ọnụ ya na Ndigbo bụ agbọ ka mee ochie na Nigeria ma bụrụ kwa agbọ nwe obodo nile dị na ndịda Naijiria. O kwuru na Ndigbo nọbụ na ana yoruba tupu Oduduwa na ndị ike ya bia wee weru ọnọdụ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dedetwo:

Bro no Bini Oba ever dreamt of expansionist theory toward southeast. Till this moment, no inch of Agbo land was\is in Bini hand. Many people of Bini ancestry were captured by Agbo kingdom and allow to spent most of the lives in Agbo.
Though they later changed the history that they were the ones that conquered Agbor and after the Civil War, a whole Agbor-Obi surrendered themselves shamelessly to then because of fear of the so called Igbo extinction. Shameful.
For convenience sake I like going with their own false history that they conquered Agbor since the indigenes accepted their slave status
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
For some good reasons I like leaving some Ndigbo that doesn't know the meaning of the name of their town to wallow in ignorance. Especially Onitsha, I will leave them to wallow more because on the long run it might favour those around them.

For starter. The full name of present Agbor is Agbọ-Obi meaning in English Obi's Clan. Agbọ means clan/tribe.
I know all these things courtesy of spending much time with a very old man that nobody knows his age because he was too old and he likes telling kids history and meaning of Igbo words
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:
For some good reasons I like leaving some Ndigbo that doesn't know the meaning of the name of their town to wallow in ignorance. Especially Onitsha, I will leave them to wallow more because on the long run it might favour those around them.

For starter. The full name of present Agbor is Agbọ-Obi meaning in English Obi's Clan Agbọ means clan/tribe

Nobody asked you.

Face the real issue your are tackling and stop going off tangent to unnecessary issues..
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Nobody asked you.

Face the real issue your are tackling and stop going off tangent to unnecessary issues..
Aboki e shock you?

Besides the topic is about meaning of the name of a particular igbo/Bini town so my comment is inside point not on self. But can that be said about yours? Aboki
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Aboki e shock you?

Besides the topic is about meaning of the name of a particular igbo/Bini town so my comment is inside point not on self. But can that be said about yours? Aboki

Not interested, rather you are giving yourself sleepless nights to people living comfortably in their land.

If you like go and exhume those that have died and spend time with them to tell you the name of Agbor,. it doesn't affect or change the people's belief..

The topic as far as I am concerned here is Onicha theory and you carry another nonsense enter, total drift from what is totally on ground.

Nwoke shift.....gbala gbala fere oke, owuru ara..
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Not interested, rather you are giving yourself sleepless nights to people living comfortably in their land.

If you like go and exhume those that have died and spend time with them to tell you the name of Agbor,. it doesn't affect or change the people's belief..

The topic as far as I am concerned here is Onicha theory and you carry another nonsense enter, total drift from what is totally on ground.

Nwoke shift.....gbala gbala fere oke, owuru ara..
I can now see that you came to quarrel. A sị na egwu ruo nke uche ofeke afụba aka ọkpọ.
I never tried to change anybody's belief and even if I want to, I won't stop on the order of an Aboki.
Nwokem pua n'ụzọ na ọbụrụ na enwerọ akụkọ ba uru
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by bamite(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
imhotep:

Onycha was one of the components of the consecrated incense which appears in the book of Exodus (Ex.30:34-36) and was used in the Jerusalem's Solomon's Temple.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onycha

Igbo amaka grin grin grin

cc lzaa Bendeco2020 SLAP44 bamite UnBanEbenezer

Smh
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

I can now see that you came to quarrel. A sị na egwu ruo nke uche ofeke afụba aka ọkpọ.
I never tried to change anybody's belief and even if I want to, I won't stop on the order of an Aboki.
Nwokem pua n'ụzọ na ọbụrụ na enwerọ akụkọ ba uru

Shut it.....Ukpana chowa onwu O belu ugo na onu..I am not here for any quarrel...no time for such..." that a child is not tall enough to see outside the fence of his father's compound, does not mean there are no other compounds aside his father's"..........

So I am not here to quarrel but rather telling you to focus and stop unnecessarily deviation. You might be making salient points but might end talking nonsense due to nonsense deviations.

Stick and prove one before going to another...
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Shut it.....[b]Ukpana chowa onwu O belu ugo na onu.[/b]I am not here for any quarrel...no time for such..." that a child is not tall enough to see outside the fence of his father's compound, does not mean there are no other compounds aside his father's"..........

So I am not here to quarrel but rather telling you to focus and stop unnecessarily deviation. You might be making salient points but might end talking nonsense due to nonsense deviations.

Stick and prove one before going to another...
Out of context. MBA egwu atugbuo mụ grin.
Ya a sị ndị ya eyi mmadụ egwu pụta, onye dịka gị a machapụta kwanụ.
Haa.... "Ururu aya akọchakwa ihe ọ fu n'ubi agadi nwaanyị "
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

A sị ndị ya eyi mmadụ egwu pụta, onye dịka gị a machapụta kwanụ. Haa.... "Ururu aya akọchakwa ihe ọ fu n'ubi agadi nwaanyị "

Same person asking if I am here to quarrel is same person saying out of context.....How can I quarrel you....In quote .."Ukpana chowa onwu O belu ugo na onu"

You have a wrong way to go.....

Secondly I am sorry I didn't read the igbo you wrote. I am not a fan of Igbo Izugbe.

Using kpom, rikom and all such nonsense is a total trash.

if I can't read meaning into what you are writing without those nonsense attachment then that means I can't grab the tongue.

Unless you have lost how you speak that u resort to that...

Maybe the next person can read and reply, not me.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Same person asking if here to quarrel is same person saying out of context.....How can I quarrel you.In quote .. "Ukpana chowa onwu O belu ugo na onu"

Secondly I am sorry I didn't read the igbo you wrote. I am not a fan of Igbo Izugbe.

Using kpom, room and all such nonsense is a total trash.

if I can't read meaning into what you are writing without those nonsense attachment then that means I can't grab the tongue.

Unless you have lost how you speak that I resort to that...

Coming from someone that says that he is from Anambra and used chọwa instead of choba. Are you from Isu clan in Imo and Abia?

You can't understand because you are not Igbo. You are just one person that manage to understand little Igbo words.
Incase you don't know, the proverb you used is a threat for violence. Ofeke
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Ya a sị ndị ya eyi mmadụ egwu pụta, onye dịka gị a machapụta kwanụ.
Haa.... "Ururu aya akọchakwa ihe ọ fu n'ubi agadi nwaanyị "

Same person asking if I am here to quarrel is same person saying out of context.....How can I quarrel you....In quote .."Ukpana chowa onwu O belu ugo na onu"

IDENNAA

Nke bu eziokwu bu na ndi gi na fa nwelu ofu omenani bu ndi agbata obi gi, dika Obosi, Nkwelle , Ogidi , Nkpor , Nsugbe na ndi ozo. Soso obele ife ka gi na ndi Igbo no na Delta nwelu. Nwanne, ama unu bu ndi Onicha maluo unu unor. Aburom onye ezi. Udili Igbo unu na asu bu Igbo unu mutalu na aka ndi agbata-obi unu. Onicha anaro asu Igbo Anioma. Obulu na ife m' kwulu bu asi ikowaalu m'. Asusu bu Omenani na odinani n'isi.
Abia na omenani ndi ozo. Anioma anaro agba ofala , fa anaro agba ijele , otu odu m'obu ime nze na ozo etu Onicha si emie. Ndi Anioma na echi mmuor, odi ka ichi ozo.
Anioma anaro eti igba abia-ulor. Isi okwum bulu na ndi omenani fa yilu nke unu no na Anambra, oburo Delta. Biko, gwanu onu onwe unu ezi okwu maka onye chilu ozo kwesilu inwe ugwu , nsopulu na eziokwu.
Ibagodu Anioma, Obodo dika Asaba , Ogwashi Ukwu, Okpanam , Igbuzor na ndi ozo si Anambra wee kwafee Delta.
Unu na eme omume ka ndi ifele na eme. Ojolu njo, biko.
Cc. Bendeco2020

Watch this writing, and go and work on yourself.

Reading this alone, needs no interpreter or all these kpom or weda na comma grin
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Coming from someone that says that he is from Anambra and used chọwa instead of choba. Are you from Isu clan in Imo and Abia?

You can't understand because you are not Igbo. You are just one person that manage to understand Igbo.

It is Chowa not Choba Mr grin..

You have learnt so much Izugbe that you are now confused grin.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Watch this writing, and go and work on yourself.

Reading this alone, needs no interpreter or all these kpom or weda na comma grin
For the fact that you can't type in Igbo writing is not an excuse to brag about your ignorance.
It is only in Nairaland that we see people bragging that they can't type in Igbo yet they claim Igbo at any given chance. God of mercy.

As for the proverb you used. You saw it somewhere and think you can use it anyhow.
Ofeke, Proverbs are not used the way they sound. They have meaning and context.

Well what did I expect from an Ofeke. "Ị mana ndị be anyị si na eweru ilu kwubie okwu, ofeke agbara aka naa"

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

You can't understand because you are not Igbo. You are just one person that manage to understand little Igbo words.

Finally don't interpret anything for me rather work on yourself.

You are Mr know all of nairaland.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Finally don't interpret anything for me rather work on yourself.

You are Mr know all of nairaland...The opinionated man.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

It is Chowa not Choba Mr grin..

You have learnt so much Izugbe that you are now confused grin.

Chọwa is Imo/owerri dialer while Chọba is Anambra.
Keep exposing your self Mr Anambra man. grin

Little things like this shows where someone comes from. Even the way I use my Igbo can tell where I actually come from
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

For the fact that you can't type in Igbo writing is not an excuse to brag about your ignorance.
It is only in Nairaland that we see people bragging that they can't type in Igbo yet they claim Igbo at any given chance. God of mercy.

As for the proverb you used. You saw it somewhere and think you can use it anyhow.
Ofeke, Proverbs are not used the way they sound. They have meaning and context.

Well what did I expect from an Ofeke. "Ị mana ndị be anyị si na eweru ilu kwubie okwu, ofeke agbara aka naa"

Lol...Abeg who beat like this? grin

Mr Igbo writing?

You and proverbs ana eme.

Work on the sample as I showed you and stop okpata..
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Chọwa is Imo/owerri dialer while Chọba is Anambra.
Keep exposing your self Mr Anambra man. grin

Little things like this shows where someone comes from. Even the way I use my Igbo can tell where I actually come from

At this point I will summarize you as a liar.

Someone who writes so much in Izugbe has the full tendency to forget his tongue.

Moreover the said Choba is Izugbe...

Stop calling Owerri because you are talking more nonsense to the already nonsense you are writing.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Lol...Abeg who beat like this? grin

Mr Igbo writing?

You and proverbs ana eme.

Work on the sample as I showed you and stop okpata..

To type Igbo in English format. There is nothing we won't see on this forum.

Aboki is now advising me on how to type Igbo. lol grin

Ask known Igbo people here like Ofoigbo and Co if there is anything wrong with the way I type Igbo. Mr Aboki.

Oga even the person you quoted will wish to type it like me just that he didn't download Igbo Language to his keyboard.

Nna afụjukwa nụ mụ anya na nairaland. Aboki na aduzi mụ ọdụ otu m ga esi dee Igbo grin

1 Like

Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

To type Igbo in English format. There is nothing we won't see on this forum.

Aboki is now advising me on how to type Igbo. lol grin

Ask known Igbo people here like Ofoigbo and Co if there is anything wrong with the way I type Igbo. Mr Aboki.

Oga even the person you quoted will wish to type it like me just that he didn't download Igbo Language to his keyboard.

Nna afụjukwa nụ mụ anya na nairaland. Aboki na aduzi mụ ọdụ otu m ga eji dee Igbo grin

Lol...Abeg who beat like this?

Mr Igbo writing?

Downloader , soon you go download brazil join your phone.

Trash
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by EdoDefence: 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Abeg make e come during my lifetime. We need more land
If only you know the people you are challenging.
Oga, technically we have nothing to lose. Come to Anambra and see where people are filling up streams to get land for building and you want to challenge us with you expanse flat land.

You are most welcome to bring it on grin

Practically we have nothing to loose, let the war games begin grin
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dovegrey:

The ijebu own Ogun state

True
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Bkayyy: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Lol...Abeg who beat like this?

Mr Igbo writing?

Downloader , soon you go download brazil join your phone.
Trash

Ofeke
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
EdoDefence:

There are 9 villages in onitcha.

3 are owned by Benins
4 are owned by Igalas
2 are owned by Igbos
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by IDENNAA(m): 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
[quote author=Juliusmalema post=97469608]

Nobody asked you.

Face the real issue your are tackling and stop going off tangent to unnecessary issues..[/quiet]

Wetuo obi, nwannem
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Ogbuefi2020: 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Well it ends up that no such thing happened. If not then..

1 Give us the name of Bini prince that touched ohafia?

2. Give us the route the Bini prince conquered to reach Ohafia?

3. Give us the after effects upon arriving at Ohafia?

4. When chased back, where did they chase them to and which route did they take running back?

Answer because I can't be dealing with people spreading fictions and moonlight stories.
THe route is obvious, consider the route of the highway called East-West road. I will check my details for the rest
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Ogbuefi2020: 9:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

This is pure fallacy.

You must back up your facts with credible source not gossips.
why do we have significant yoruba population in Brazil? Why is yoruba Ifa practiced there?
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Ogbuefi2020: 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

Well there is elements of truth there but you forgot that the path Bini used to reach the border of southern Igboland was not Onitsha Expressway. It was through Itsekiri areas before the emergence of Arọ (their nightmare). Mind you Bini never got into the southern Igbo land. Bini didn't establish anything there because during the height of Bini so called empire was the militarization Arọ and established of her confederacy.

Those days, for some reasons which we are yet to fully Understand. BINI never touched Umueri Clan (Nri) with their environs (Anambra axis) and neither did Arọ ( Arọ touched many parts of Anambra but never touched Anaedo clan and Umueri) . And when I mean Nri, it includes Ogwashi Ukwu-Nri and her environs in present day Delta state.
Everything about Bini expansion towards the core Igboland halted at Agbor because Agbor was too stubborn. They rise against the Empire at any given chance. The only difference between the two was that arọ was more ruthless and derive special pleasure in killing Bini was the main reason the Bini wall was established and Bini directed all her attention to mounting defence on the southern border.
Unlike Bini Arọ had many clans with ruthless soldiers on their call, most notably Afikpo, Ohofia, Abam. Izuogu and his partner in crime Iheme were just slave businessmen but very ruthless.
If not for the coming of the colonialists, Arọ would have gotten to Ife and totally annex Bini before facing off with the caliphate
You seem to be very versed in history. Benin did not move east through agbor but through ekpeye-ikwere axis. Aro advancement into anambra was halted by Awka people and their blacksmith guns. Anaedo was saved by a native doctor who multiplied footprints of the female rabit (Nnewi) making the aros think that the place has no human inhabitants and therefore turning back. By the time Aro arrived Obosi, the Onitshas have signed agreement with British no thanks to the delay at Awka. But panick struck Onitsha and people fled their homes before British reinforcement arrived.
Re: Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha by Ogbuefi2020: 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

If you say Nri/Eri then you are going too far. Bini never ventured into Anioma. Those western Igbo are blood thirsty and the Bini know this hence their movements were west ward. It's really difficult to fight the Igbo tribes because of their social structures. Having a central leadership makes it easy to conquer a people.
The Ado na Idus who moved and dispersed inside anioma are who some ignorant people are calling Benin people. Benin conquest was westward till they depopulated it, before going east only near the coast but were flushed out almost immediately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Support Organisation Dissolves Structures, Liaison Officers Nationwide / Hudu-Yunusa Ari, Adamawa INEC REC Released On Bail / Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.