Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi (28878 Views)

Yari-Kalu/Kalu-Yari Senate Presidency: We Have joined forces, Not Backing Down / 2023 Igbo Presidency: We Need 2 South-East Governors, Senators To Defect To APC / Ekiti: MURIC Speaks On Why Fayemi Must Appoint Muslim Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Masama: 9:56am On Dec 27, 2020
Hon. Adebowale Ajayi, Ekiti State All Progressives Congress, APC, Publicity Secretary, explains why he is spearheading the move for Governor Kayode Fayemi to join 2023 presidential race

What informed the decision of your party to endorse Governor Kayode Fayemi?

The statement I made was my personal opinion, we have not discussed this at the state executive level, but as the state Publicity Secretary of the party, an insider, I owe it a duty to support him whenever he eventually shows interest. And more importantly, those people who went to Oyo to meet the Alaafin and other people, (senator) Adeyeye and the so-called stakeholders, were there on behalf of Ekiti which I believe was not the right thing because most of them were on suspension, they don’t have the right to speak for the party, at least for now.

Some members of your party who described themselves as ‘stakeholders’ have come out against your position

Those people who claimed to be stakeholders that dissociated themselves from the statement are on suspension, they have not been taking part in the activities of our party, they operate from outside and, as a matter of fact, they are on their own. Let’s wait and see, when we get to the bridge we will cross it. We are all playing politics. By the special grace of God, we are in charge of the party in Ekiti. The executive was dissolved lately and we were made to now operate as caretaker, we are still very much in charge of the party and the governor is doing well. When the time comes, we will convince him to run. Like I told you, we have qualified, notable and loyal party members in Ekiti and Governor Kayode Fayemi is one of them, we have as many as possible and that is why I said this time around, Ekiti will be showing interest. We will love that the presidency comes to Ekiti, we don’t want to play second fiddle any longer. That is why we showed interest in the Deputy National Chairmanship seat of the party which Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo vacated but the issue has become a thing of the past now because the exco has been dissolved. A caretaker has been instituted to prepare ground for the next convention, and we are prepared to slug it out with other South-West states.

Why the choice of Fayemi?

As far as Ekiti is concerned, Fayemi is the most qualified, he has the capacity and he is very diligent. We are dragging him to contest the presidential race because he has done very well in Ekiti. He brought back the glory of the state. We know how the immediate past administration ran the state aground but because of the quality leadership brought by Fayemi people are now respecting Ekiti as the ‘Fountain of Knowledge’.

Are you aware of a South-West Agenda, raised by some prominent Yoruba figures to project the National Leader of your party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for the 2023 presidency?

I don’t know what we have as South-West Agenda. What I know is that Ekiti will vie for that position (presidency) after the convention. Tinubu has not told us in Ekiti that he is running and, like I said, Ekiti is not ready to play a second fiddle this time around. As far as Ekiti is concerned, we are not aware and, if Tinubu is running, when we get to the bridge we will cross it.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/we-dont-know-about-tinubu-but-fayemi-must-contest-hon-ajayi-ekiti-apc-publicity-secretary/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Bonessaw(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2020
SW APC where una dey. Fayemi wants to challenge your god. This is a pointer that Yoruba’s don't love themselves. Like Awolowo vs Akintola, another one is about to go down. Funny enough, north supports Fayemi and his Osun state counterpart in this downsizing mission.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by loopman: 10:02am On Dec 27, 2020
I think this Ekiti APC faction is working for the opposition because I can’t see where Fayemi will be getting his votes from

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by loopman: 10:04am On Dec 27, 2020
Bonessaw:
SW APC where una dey. Fayemi wants to challenge your god. This is a pointer that Yoruba’s don't love themselves. Like Awolowo vs Akintola, another one is about to go down. Funny enough, north supports Fayemi and his Osun state counterpart in this downsizing mission.

Lol. Don’t worry, they will sort themselves out in SW. You should worry that your own people that have been completely relegated to 3rd class and on onlookers in the scheme of things

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Patrioticman007(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2020
The Jagaban of Borgu is the only candidate strong enough to represent Yoruba Nation at the gladiators fight. Once presidency is zoned to south west, be sure Jagaban is Nigeria's next President come 2023,_wailers will wail tire.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by NwaAmaikpe: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2020
shocked

I will try not to get distracted by the political permutations of sophisticated imachakwa.

2023 will soon be here and the lessons some people failed to learn will dawn on them like the hungry reality that comes with the passing away of an acute hangover.

History like they say always repeats itself.
The Yorubas are placing their cards too early on the table but do I see a SouthWesterner becoming President in 2023; No, I don't.

Now this is what NwaAmaikpe thinks may happen.

-Zoning will be made to seem unprogressive.
then a popular northerner will be painted to appear the messiah (Zulum, Sanusi or Atiku)
This person will get a running mate from the South East or SouthSouth.(OUK, Obi, Amaechi, Ayade or Soludo).

The Yorubas will be left wondering how they forgot their history book so quick and blame the Igbos for their self-imposed woes.

124 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by SILVERLINES: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2020
cheesy
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by CrimeKsmart: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2020
B
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by EmekaBlue(m): 10:29am On Dec 27, 2020
Rubbish....old greedy men

They have lost already

Its time for something different

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by ArmaniUhuru: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2020
Fayemi, tinubu, or any other South-westerner contesting 2023 will only waste his time. Period

15 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Exc2000: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2020
cool

Who stopped him

Mscheeew

Tinubu this Tinubu that

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by islamicpenis: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]e
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Zendinho(m): 10:30am On Dec 27, 2020
Like for Tinubu.... cheesy

Share for Fayemi... cheesy

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Macphenson: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2020
Even from his zone, the bullion van thief is not even sure, yet he is.making noise of ruling the. Country.

10 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Kubernetes: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2020
You definitely knows this man can't be OK.
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by chloride6: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2020
loopman:
I think this Ekiti APC faction is working for the opposition because I can’t see where Fayemi will be getting his votes from

He will get from where Tinubu wont

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by AbijaJ: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2020
Even though Fayemi has said he doesn't believe in zoning, anybody from the South should be free to contest. Be it Tinubu, Osinbajo, OUK. No one should be deprived of their freedom to contest. They should all go to the field and test their popularity

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Tyriq: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2020
Y
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2020
All they want is power, that's all.
Just give them power.
Clueless old men, visionless.

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Quelme: 10:31am On Dec 27, 2020
Without Tinubu, newspaper no dey sell again.
For that reason them must to mention Tinubu name. Na wa o!!!!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Fheelzz(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2020
Awon oni je ku je
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by ThatFairGuy: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2020
[s]
Bonessaw:
[/s]
They don't love themselves, BECAUSE OF INTEREST? What type of weed do you smoke

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Abalado(f): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2020
The same Fayemi that failed his own/my own state ,how can he not fail Nigerians,, Fayemi is such an ingrate challenging Tinubu,a man who made him to become he is today,, Fayemi a failure,,

23 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by ofiko123(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2020
loopman:

I wonder o..

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by ATEAMS: 10:33am On Dec 27, 2020
Focus
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Abalado(f): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2020
Fheelzz:
Awon oni je ku je
baba I swear ,,ingrates ,,alaje danu

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Bettykeys: 10:34am On Dec 27, 2020
Mumu
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Perfectsouth(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2020
Orisirisi
Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Oxtertee(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2020
Look at people who are not certain what tomorrow hold in stock for them fighting over 2023 that is still 36months away from here. God have mercy on Nigeria polithiefians

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by eedriyz(m): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2020
Macphenson:
Even from his zone, the bullion van thief is not even sure, yet he is.making noise of ruling the. Country.

He's making which noise? Where?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi by Abalado(f): 10:34am On Dec 27, 2020
Zendinho:
Like for Tinubu.... cheesy

Share for Fayemi... cheesy
for u comparing Fayemi with Tinubu is a great insult to Tinubu personality

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Primary: I Will Defeat Atiku - Umahi / Uncertainty Persists Over Lagos PDP Governorship Primaries / Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.