Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video (53834 Views)

Pathetic State Of Schools In Akwa Ibom (pics) / PATHETIC END OF SOME GREAT GENIUSES[PHOTOS] / Photo Of First Primary School In Nigeria, Established in 1865 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by travelwaka: 10:54am On Dec 30, 2020
This is the first primary school in Nigeria. The cradle of education in Nigeria.

Its however sad that it has been left unattended to. I do not like posting negative reviews but this is sad. It would cost almost nothing to maintain these buildings.

Anyways What do you think about the first primary school in Nigeria. It was built in 1843 as the Nursery of Infant School which was later renamed as St. Thomas Anglican Nursery and primary school by Rev. Golmer of the Church Missionary Society (CMS).

It is a missionary school and is still in existence till date.

However it has a new and modern building attached but why would they leave the old building to rot away?

What do you think?

https://www.travelwaka.com/history-of-the-first-primary-school-in-nigeria/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqNf-0lUTs4

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by travelwaka: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2020
The School is located in Badagry, A few minutes drive from the Badagry roundabout. Hi guys please kindly follow me on social media. Oya you people should encourage me now grin grin grin. God bless y'all

Please kindly subscribe to my youtube channel- https://www.youtube.com/c/travelwaka/

Follow me on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours/

Like on facebook - https://web.facebook.com/travelwakatours/

Kindly follow on twitter - https://twitter.com/travelwakatours

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by travelwaka: 11:02am On Dec 30, 2020
Lalasticlala what do you think? we need to cherish and maintain our tourist centres

9 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by viyon02: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2020
Op some of your information is not correct, since am very close to the area mention, we have modern buildings in the school and the school is not totally abandon the way you paint the picture. Moreso, the school is in main Badagry not Topo( as against your spelling Tapo)

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Hopez456(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2020
travelwaka:
Lalasticlala what do you think? we need to cherish and maintain our tourist centres
Op did you visit the school?
The pictures you shared are those of abandoned buildings that are no more in use. There are other modern buildings, I have been to this school it is not in Topo but Badagry township.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by travelwaka: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
Did you watch the video If you did, it covered both the new and the old, the question is why should this one be abandoned.

Hopez456:
Op did you visit the school?
The pictures you shared are those of abandoned buildings that are no more in use. There are other modern buildings, I have been to this school it is not in Topo but Badagry township.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by travelwaka: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
I guess you didn't watch the video. It showes both the modern building and the old one. The focus was not on the new school but the first primary school which was the one in question. Hope your understand

viyon02:
Op some of your information is not correct, since am very close to the area mention, we have modern buildings in the school and the school is not totally abandon the way you paint the picture. Moreso, the school is in main Badagry not Topo( as against your spelling Tapo)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by longetivity(m): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
Sanwo olu should do something about the school Asap
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Ayhisha(f): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by recievesense: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
this school suppose be tourist site but Nigerian govt no get sense

3 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by ask4loan(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Na weed them dey smoke there now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Enudapan: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
ask4loan:
Na weed them dey smoke there now

Thumbs up man
You truly know the place
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by MrStylish(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Abobi.space booked
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by ZACHIE: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
I'm happy and proud of what I'm seeing if indeed they are recent pictures and authentic is the history behind the claims.
Those buildings should not look otherwise. They are old. So what?
Maintenance of the structure is more important than pulling them down.
I love what I'm seeing, please.

5 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by jefff455: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
cheesy
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Fidelismaria: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
We all know the problem: LACK OF MAINTENANCE CULTURE.
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by kingxsamz(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
‎‎‎
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
This was even before partitioning of Africa in Berlin

We r looking for companies n cooperative societies that want to buy n share RICE for their staffs this season.

50Kg bag is 22,500

Min order: 5 bags

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Queenmark: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Only private schools in Nigeria have nice structures and learning equipment. And if you check the school produced presidents and ministers. But our leaders no get shame
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Truman01(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Join swirge now and earn up to 10k every day, check my signature to register
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
What are the owners, and old boys doing about the matter?

Plus, as some have said, the school has long since moved to new quarters. Unless they want to renovate the place for actual use as a school, why sink money into fixing up the place WHEN at the end of the day, it won't be used.

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Tookool(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nice goalpost ...
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by personal59: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
this one deep o

1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Weedhustler: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
This one yaf turn to toilet na for all those IBO smokers n iya agbo takers.
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Sabadon(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
We no just get maintainance culture at all
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by Exc2000: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
cool

It took 100 years after Yorubas got western education before any region other region had it

2 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by joshjc(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
You didn't say where it's located
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by ebukamat34: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2020
grin
Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by MemoriesAndMe: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
The "sorry state" of the building shouldn't be of any concern since a newer building has replaced it. Remodeling the actual building to a contemporary one takes away the value it has as the first primary school in Nigeria. Wven changing the roof to newer ones like the modern day ones still makes it lose its value as an attraction center.

May be replacing the roof with ones that still keeps it's old looks is not a bad idea since many still see it for tourism reasons.

Obviously we don't expect it safe for students to still receive lectures in a building built in the 1800's, so no reason to blame its current looks on anything nor anyone nor the government. It happens to all aged buildings, especially the abandoned ones like this one.

Its dark in there and its roof leaks because its an abandoned building and isn't demolished already because its an historical landmark.

5 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video by CleanDesign777: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nawa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Does A Dead Body Float In Water, While A Live Body Sinks? / Nile University Of Nigeria In Pictures / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.