Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. (8027 Views)

The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 11:01am On Jul 25, 2021
TAO11:
The same king whose father (and ancestors) paid homage to Yorubaland every morning at dawn.

The same king whose paternal ancestors have Yoruba royal praise titles, viz. Adimula, ÕṣaKeji, etc.

That is, the same king whose ‘cOnTiNuUm’ narrative was long debunked by his own father (and ancestors) long before he (the son) will concoct his falsehood.

Shut up your mouth

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by TAO11(f): 12:06am On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
Shut up your mouth
No cry! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2021
TAO11:
No cry! cheesy

Did you run from that thread
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by TAO11(f): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
gregyboy:
Did you run from that thread
You mean the thread where I raped & buried you? cheesy

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Omonayanoranmiy: 1:21pm On May 08, 2022
Oba of Benin is Yoruba. All villages that are his close relatives in Edo speak Yoruba. Here are the list Usen founded by his elder brother called Olugbe. Utese founded by his younger brother called Irado and finally Egbeta. These villages in Ovia all speak yoruba. We are told Oranmiyan real name is Oluwaye. Who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Olu317(m): 12:28am On May 09, 2022
Omonayanoranmiy:
Oba of Benin is Yoruba. All villages that are his close relatives in Edo speak Yoruba. Here are the list Usen founded by his elder brother called Olugbe. Utese founded by his younger brother called Irado and finally Egbeta. These villages in Ovia all speak yoruba. We are told Oranmiyan real name is Oluwaye. Who is fooling who?
Ọrànmìyàn's real name is not Oluwaye. One of his real name is odẹdé /ọdẹdé
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nobody: 7:59am On May 10, 2022
Olu317:
Ọrànmìyàn's real name is not Oluwaye. One of his real name is odẹdé /ọdẹdé

You people are always saying complete rubbish. Now explain to me how you got a "real name" for Oranmiyan ?
Oranmiyan is a fictional character who never existed. So how does a cartoon character get a real name ?
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nobody: 8:07am On May 10, 2022
The yoruba will keep dreaming to eternity about Benin monarchy.
The low self-esteem characteristic with slave descendents is what the yoruba are battling, they must make up their "history" because their real history is shameful: most yoruba descend from Brazilian slaves who were dumped by the Europeans on our soil. Once they were dumped here, they became the willing tools of the Europeans whom they kept serving as servants, the yoruba loved colonialism and did everything they could to support it. The yoruba have always supported the white man against their fellow black man and have always worshipped the white.

No, the Oba of Benin has nothing to do with yoruba. Also all of Benin empire is related to the Oba of Benin. So slave descendents, when creating your fake history, stop mentioning my people on it !
Also for your info, we speak Edo.

3 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by TAO11(f): 5:39am On May 11, 2022
Ghostwon8:
[s]You people are always saying complete rubbish. Now explain to me how you got a "real name" for Oranmiyan ?
Oranmiyan is a fictional character who never existed. So how does a cartoon character get a real name?[/s]
The supposed Ewuare the First of Benin kingdom is a fictional character. Everyone knows that. So …

Ghostwon8:
[s]The yoruba will keep dreaming to eternity about Benin monarchy.
The low self-esteem characteristic with slave descendents is what the yoruba are battling, they must make up their "history" because their real history is shameful: most yoruba descend from Brazilian slaves who were dumped by the Europeans on our soil. Once they were dumped here, they became the willing tools of the Europeans whom they kept serving as servants, the yoruba loved colonialism and did everything they could to support it. The yoruba have always supported the white man against their fellow black man and have always worshipped the white.

No, the Oba of Benin has nothing to do with yoruba. Also all of Benin empire is related to the Oba of Benin. So slave descendents, when creating your fake history, stop mentioning my people on it !
Also for your info, we speak Edo.[/s]
Sharrap liar.

The Ọba of Benin is a Yoruba man.
I forgot to mention how the small Yoruba states of Ibadan, Ilesa captured and sold Edos into slavery.

16 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Balogunodua(m): 6:41pm On May 11, 2022
TAO11:
The supposed Ewuare the First of Benin kingdom is a fictional character. Everyone knows that. So …

Sharrap liar.

I forgot to mention how the small Yoruba states of Ibadan, Ilesa captured and sold Edos into slavery.

Hahahahaha... grin

MAMA u still dey schl u students grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Balogunodua(m): 6:42pm On May 11, 2022
Ghostwon8:
The yoruba will keep dreaming to eternity about Benin monarchy.

Also for your info, we speak Edo.

Loser grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Christistruth00: 9:28am On May 12, 2022
TAO11:

Sharrap liar.

Tao11 how are you jare

Are you serious that Ewuare the Great was actually fictional like the izoduwa story
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Olu317(m): 8:39pm On May 18, 2022
Ghostwon8:

You people are always saying complete rubbish. Now explain to me how you got a "real name" for Oranmiyan ?
Oranmiyan is a fictional character who never existed. So how does a cartoon character get a real name ?
Just imagine ? Your ancestor is the fictional character not mine.
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Jameseddi1: 9:17pm On May 18, 2022
Christistruth00:

Tao11 how are you jare

Are you serious that Ewuare the Great was actually fictional like the izoduwa story

Ewuare that was dated by European you think Benin history is like Yoruba own that moonlight tals that wasn’t dated lol for your information European dated Ewuare in 14t 13t century

1 Like

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by TAO11(f): 12:21pm On May 19, 2022
Jameseddi1:
[s]Ewuare that was dated by European you think Benin history is like Yoruba own that moonlight tals that wasn’t dated lol for your information European dated Ewuare in 14t 13t century[/s]

Christistruth00:
Tao11 how are you jare

No, there are actual classical received traditions about Ewuare-1, just as how there are innumerable classical received traditions about Oranmiyan, Oduduwa, et al.

I was only applying their own laughable logic which is that: The absence of an eyewitness-writing from those who knew or who met the historical figure means that the historical figure himself/herself never existed.

So, I’m only asking them to apply their own laughable logic to Ewuare-1 (as well as all the kings of Benin from Eweka to Osemwende) because Ewuare & other Benin kings) don’t exist in any of the writings of anyone who supposedly knew or met him.

Cheers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Balogunodua(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2022
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Random Acts Of Kindness (Africa) / Nubian Goddess / Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.