Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I (18390 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Privatepart00: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
cardoctor:

The CEL is the reason the the SHAWD light comes up too. Scan the car pls and post the results.
Got the error codes below

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by HABRUZZY(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good afternoon i am having issues with my Car Ac 2007 toyota camry v6 it was working/cooling well and all of a sudden it stopped then i reach out to all this guys that sell gas for cars they refilled it and it worked for few mins and stopped now it blows just air/heat please what could be the issue
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by almsofgold: 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Car guzzling fuel like it's leaking grin long fuel trim came back - 16% short fuel trim +2 to 3%
No check engine light
Check engine light came on when I entered a ditch.
Got a p0335 crankshaft sensor ish
Wiped error code
Code hasn't come up for 4days running
Guessed the ditch must've triggered it.
Pls advice accordingly. Thanks grin
Car is 2009 Toyota corolla
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by andrewbaba44: 9:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
HABRUZZY:
Good afternoon i am having issues with my Car Ac 2007 toyota camry v6 it was working/cooling well and all of a sudden it stopped then i reach out to all this guys that sell gas for cars they refilled it and it worked for few mins and stopped now it blows just air/heat please what could be the issue

Evaporator or compressor/ condenser

I use your type of car I am yet to have ac issues thou but I am just saying with my little experience of using cars

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by johnboba(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid
7. Issues with the car

Toyota Camry 2006 automatic and 4 cylinders, petrol.
The issues with my car are
1. Inside my exhaust pipe is black smoke when I touch but in the morning during warming, there is little water at the pipe
2. Occasionally when I change my gear from D to R I hear a sound at the front left tyre and I see greece split of the rod
3. ABS and airbag light are on

i will appreciate your feedback and if you can recommed a dignosis centre for scanning too
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Sharmeenator(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
I use an Honda Civic 2003 Automatic. I ran a code on it today and this is the result I got:

VSS no pulse or noise
41 -2 (P0 135)
Permanent DTC
HO2 S (S1) heater failure
65-2 (PO1 41)
Permanent DTC
HO2 S2 heater circuit malfunction

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by ojeysky(m): 8:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
I have a Acura RDX 2009 that is displaying a section of the dashboard backlight. It basically affects the middle section (pics attached) and all the buttons don't have their backlights though all the buttons function well. Have checked the manual but nothing there was helpful. Anyone with a possible solution?

Edit: resolved, in my case it was the fuse

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Okoyedavid3(f): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2021
HABRUZZY:

Contact Mosbus. Search for him on nairaland or call 08026941215. He is good a sound AC tech guy and very humble.

2 Likes

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Activity77(m): 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2021
My camry 2008 v4 cranks but won't start on initial start in the morning but when tried again it starts perfectly for the day.. It only happens in the morning... I was told it was a coolant sensor and was changed.. Still the issue continued.. Please help
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by joygabbie: 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
Please how can I reach you?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by morinto: 8:18pm On Mar 02, 2021
My toyota 2010-has been given me problem. Have change fuel pump tire but not gotten the original fuel pump
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyldelsu: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
cardoctor:
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

hello car doctor,

make - honda
model - civic
year - 2008
trans - automatic
petrol
4plug

my car is slurggish to accelerate, very lazy to gain speed or climp hill, but after it picks, it runs smoothly.
I've serviced the nozzle, services the car...same issue. pls assist
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyldelsu: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
cardoctor:
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

hello car doctor,

make - honda
model - civic
year - 2008
trans - automatic
petrol
4plug

my car is slurggish to accelerate, very lazy to gain speed or climp hill, but after it picks, it runs smoothly.
I've serviced the nozzle, services the car...same issue.

pls assist
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyldelsu: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

hello car doctor,

make - honda
model - civic
year - 2008
trans - automatic
petrol
4plug

pls assist
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by johnboba(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
1. Make: Toyota camry
2. Model: LE
3. Year of manufacture: 2005/2006
4. Manual or automatic: Automatic
5. Number of cylinders: 4
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid: petrol
7. Issues with the car: my car short oil, although their is a leakage, emitting smoke and black residue at the exhaust pipe. I was told the engine will be ring but I want to know if I change to mobile 5w-30 high millage (millage 200,000+) if it will restore my engine back because I'm mobile 2000 or XHP.

Please help!!!

1 Like

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by chemK: 6:27am On Apr 14, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

Good morning car doctor
I have Acura TL 2006 model
Automatic gear transmission
6 plugs petrol engine, America spec.
The engine make you tu tu tu sound ,
before taking off. And it's lazy when climbing high plain plus it gulp too much petrol.
Please help.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Changai(m): 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
1. Toyota
2. Corrolla
3. 2005
4. Automatic
5. 4 Cylinders
6. Petrol
7. The car is always making a funny sound at the rear side when I apply brake. I took the car to the mechanic and he used sandpaper on the brake linen and the drum, but the sound still persist. Kindly help proffer solution.

Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Legend1145(m): 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
1. Honda
2. City
3. 2004
4. automatic
5. 4
6. petrol
7. The car vibrate in the front wheel when am about to accelerate, it vibrate if am moving slowly in traffic but once am on speed it stop
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Eldemmi(m): 4:13pm On May 18, 2021
Legend1145:
1. Honda
2. City
3. 2004
4. automatic
5. 4
6. petrol
7. The car vibrate in the front wheel when am about to accelerate, it vibrate if am moving slowly in traffic but once am on speed it stop

Have u checked the front tire very well, may one tire is misaligned...
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by tspun(m): 10:21pm On May 23, 2021
Good day every one my car Toyota camry 2007 just knock engine this morning when I ask around they are saying new engine is almost 400k, I honestly don't have such money right now, my question now if I repair the engine Will it serve test of time or it will start frustrating me, abeg anybody don repair knock engine here before what was it like.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by olurotimi(m): 2:17pm On May 24, 2021
kennyldelsu:

hello car doctor,

make - honda
model - civic
year - 2008
trans - automatic
petrol
4plug

pls assist

Have u tried cleaning the EGR valve . I also use the same type of car 2009 civic.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by tonwe(f): 8:49pm On May 24, 2021
Good day.
Please I need help. I drive a Toyota Sienna 2006 model. Late December I drove through a very bad road which bashed the sump and thus flattened the gear filter. I wasn't aware until later in the day when my gear stopped switching gears and the car refused to move. I called my mechanic and he fixed the issue then. He straightened the sump, replaced the gear filter and oil. The car started moving but not without some underlying developments.
1. It would suddenly jerk switching gears ( especially in traffic but move smoothly on any free road or express).
2. It wasn't switching to reverse immediately and I have to go to park turn off and on the ignition before I can go into reverse gear.

The mechanic assured me that it the gears would go back to normal after a while. I've been using the car without any serious ish apart from the 2 mentioned above until
Just about 2-3 weeks ago when the gears would take so long to switch. I was practically crawling on the road then after a while it will pick up and the car would go smoothly until I get to a go slow and I've to slow down, then the process starts all over again. Surprisingly, the car started reversing gears.

My mechanic was not around so I called in another recommended by a friend.
He changed the gear filter and oil again ( my car uses a T-IV). Though when he drained the previous oil the oil was very black.
We tested the car that day and it was a smooth drive as if nothing never went wrong with the gears..only for me to take the car out the next day and I the gear was back to not shifting immediately and I started crawling again.
I called the mechanic to lay the complaint and
he said I had to buy a new gear.

Please what's the way forward for me cos the costing I've been given for the gear replacement is bank breaking for me. I don't have that type of money.

N.B. all the work done on the gear was when the gear was left to cool ( actually overnight and both mechanics worked on it the following morning) cry
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Charly68: 6:45pm On May 26, 2021
Toyota Avensis 1999 : Break light on. Mechanic checked the break system and adjudged all is well but the light is still there and there is break fluid
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kennyldelsu: 10:13am On May 27, 2021
olurotimi:

Have u tried cleaning the EGR valve . I also use the same type of car 2009 civic.
yes...same issue. the car also consumes lot of fuel
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by nbolaji(m): 4:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

Toyota camry 2005
4 plug
Automatic.
Petrol
High fuel consumption
I scan the car and I got the following error

Car Scanner INNOVA 3100 abs

P0031
Selected brand: Toyota
HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low(Bank 1, Sensor 1)

P0500
Vehicle Speed Sensor A
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by GreenToy: 5:26am On Jul 14, 2021
Hi Cardoctor. I'm having serious issues with my Honda Accord EOD V6. It doesn't go into reverse and overheats unnecessarily. I was told the gear shift needs servicing which I did and the mechanic said I needed to replace the shift. Scanner says ATF malfunction. Help pls. I don't know what to do. I almost got killed today because a truck was coming and the car choose not to reverse at that point.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2021
Activity77:
My camry 2008 v4 cranks but won't start on initial start in the morning but when tried again it starts perfectly for the day.. It only happens in the morning... I was told it was a coolant sensor and was changed.. Still the issue continued.. Please help

More like fuel related issue
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by engrsyer(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

Toyota Camry (Orobo) 1996 Model, 4 plug, petrol engine used to give me hard starting and my Mechanic said it is not Mechanical problem but Electrical problem because current is not flowing to the spark plugs. How can I resolve it once and for all.

Secondly, I can't leave my car battery connected for more than two hours without draining down completely. I thought my battery is weak, I sold that old one and buy a new Korea battery yet that problem is still there. How can I resolve it? I always open Burnet all the time each time I wanna park the car for long and overnight and it is giving me a concern.

Help me out please.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by naijadrivablog: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
cardoctor

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make: Honda
2. Model: Civic
3. Year of manufacture: 2007
4. Manual or automatic: manual
5. Number of cylinders: 4
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid: petrol
7. Issues with the car:

My Civic 08 Japan model has been acting up.

First, you can't start it once and move because the throttle won't respond (electric throttle), expect turning it on severally before the throttle responds.

It is worse these days as the throttle responds will just seize while in motion, rough idle (fluctuates btw 300rpm to 700rpm) and brake and quench.

I scanned and three codes popped up:
1.P2138
2. P2176 (throttle idle position not learned)
3. p0013

Pls, is changing the throttlebody the best solution or fixing?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by seun001(m): 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
cardoctor:

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

1. toyota
2. rav 4
3. 2007
4. auto
5. 4
6. petrol
7. when gearbox is cold it will not move when engaged in drive except

a. i raise the engine several times when engaged and it will move when the oil gets hot that is when the gear will start selecting and all the gear will select properly. this usually results in the jerk when it engages

b i raise the engine and keep the pressure at about 2k rpm or a bit higher for about a minute or less and it softly engages and it will start selecting with no issues.

Small History
The gear oil is leaking. i have serviced and changed the oil/oil filter when it started leaking but the mech doesnt want to decouple the gear to replace the seals because he feels the gear will fall apart and i have to buy another one. i currently use WS oil and i check and top it up cause of the leaks.

what is the best way to resolve this issue.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2021
seun001:

1. toyota
2. rav 4
3. 2007
4. auto
5. 4
6. petrol
7. when gearbox is cold it will not move when engaged in drive except

a. i raise the engine several times when engaged and it will move when the oil gets hot that is when the gear will start selecting and all the gear will select properly. this usually results in the jerk when it engages

b i raise the engine and keep the pressure at about 2k rpm or a bit higher for about a minute or less and it softly engages and it will start selecting with no issues.

Small History
The gear oil is leaking. i have serviced and changed the oil/oil filter when it started leaking but the mech doesnt want to decouple the gear to replace the seals because he feels the gear will fall apart and i have to buy another one. i currently use WS oil and i check and top it up cause of the leaks.

what is the best way to resolve this issue.

Replace transmission.

Available here .

https://www.nairaland.com/6660965/toyota-lexus-engines-transmissions-sale

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by foxxydude: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.