Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I (18391 Views)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by UzomaFC: 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
Dozieson:

Na wa o. Very expensive. What is the name of the gear box(13pin or 22pin)?
13 pin
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
UzomaFC:

13 pin

Have you replaced the gear?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Teebaba1456: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
cardoctor:
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
6. Diesel or petrol or Hybrid
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

Toyota Camry
Automatic
2.2L i4 Petrol

Reverse gear delays after parking for some hours, sometimes doesn't even respond at all to reverse selection except when engine is warm.

Reverse cup has been replaced, valve body replaced, ATF replaced. Still the same issue.

Drive works well, reverse only responds when vehicle has been driven for a while (engine is warm) even when it responds, it brings a bang (engine/gear seats has been changed too)

What else could be wrong. Please help!
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Teebaba1456:

Toyota Camry
Automatic
2.2L i4 Petrol

Reverse gear delays after parking for some hours, sometimes doesn't even respond at all to reverse selection except when engine is warm.

Reverse cup has been replaced, valve body replaced, ATF replaced. Still the same issue.

Drive works well, reverse only responds when vehicle has been driven for a while (engine is warm) even when it responds, it brings a bang (engine/gear seats has been changed too)

Baba save up for a new gear
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by IkpuMmadu: 8:05am On Oct 05, 2021
Na Japanese wahala full here
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by myrax7(m): 11:30am On Oct 15, 2021
Vehicle is starting and idling is ok but there is no power signal to first ignition coil,
Rewire says/confirms that Brainbox/ECU isn't ok

Year: 2006
Model : Nissan sunny 1.3 Ex Saloon / Nissan sunny N16

I have tried my best to get a replacement brainbox but all are not compatible with the car.

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by myrax7(m): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2021
cardoctor:
Hello, it's the Car Doctor again with solutions to those niggling car issues. Just post the problem and I will give you the best advice on how to go about getting that sick car back on it's wheels.

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

2: Model : Nissan sunny 1.3 Ex Saloon / Nissan sunny N16

3, Year: 2006

4: manual

5: 4 cylinder

6: Petrol

7: Vehicle is starting and idling is ok but there is no power signal to first ignition coil,
I have tried my best to get a replacement brainbox but all are not compatible with the car.

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by oluwaseunla(m): 5:49am On Oct 16, 2021
myrax7:
Vehicle is starting and idling is ok but there is no power signal to first ignition coil,

Year: 2006
Model : Nissan sunny 1.3 Ex Saloon / Nissan sunny N16

Contact ehybrid:
https://www.nairaland.com/ehybrid

He could be able to fix it.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by classiquestan: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hello house,
Please, can someone recommend for me a very good mechanic with specialty in Toyota Corolla in Benin-City..Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Thurmieee: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
I wanna buy a car and this is the conversation what do you think

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by alphabbey1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Thurmieee:
I wanna buy a car and this is the conversation what do you think
You can see that in first picture, the secretary to village people can't wait to open your case file... I believe second picture will be when the seller is lashing your money for beer joint.

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Famojiggy: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2021
My car a corolla 2003 model does not start once.most especially in the morning I usually start it like 4 times before the engine comes up. Kindly help
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by myrax7(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2021
oluwaseunla:

Contact ehybrid:
https://www.nairaland.com/ehybrid

He could be able to fix it.

Thanks .
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by freeminded(m): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
Toyota sienna 2004,
How much is the dashboard and the headliner airbag....
It was involved in an accident and the whole car airbag activated. Both the one at the headliner
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Thurmieee: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
I need a mechanic with scanner to help inspect a car tomorrow
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Phurlareen44(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2021

Pls kindly specify:
1. Make
2. Model
3. Year of manufacture
4. Manual or automatic
5. Number of cylinders
7. Issues with the car

That's all.

Car Doctor

[color=#006600][/color]

Hyundai Elantra
2001 Gls
Automatic
Petrol

Issues is the stereo isn't working...
Car doctor, Pls how can it be fixed ?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by ClearAll: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
make - Honda
model - accord
year - 2005
engine - 4cylinder
petrol

The issue am having is that the gear doesn’t engage immediately I start the car unless I allow the engine warm for about 2/3min but it engages and move

What could be the issue?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Originakalokalo(m): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2021
My automatic transmission jerks before changing to gear 2 from gear 1....

I want to see a mechanic this weekend....

The car is Honda Accord 2007. DC.

Kindly help me with what could be wrong.

Thank you all.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Dozieson(m): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
ClearAll:
make - Honda
model - accord
year - 2005
engine - 4cylinder
petrol

The issue am having is that the gear doesn’t engage immediately I start the car unless I allow the engine warm for about 2/3min but it engages and move

What could be the issue?

Scan and share codes
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by john8899: 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
My Toyota previa consumes a lot of fuel , I have change everything but still the problem is still there
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by Gause: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
Please my AC fan stopped working after my rewire changed my compressor from a faulty one to a new one,his has tried all he could do but its not working Please any Remedy cry??

Car Model is 2001 Camry Tiny Big(Fish Light),the car is Japan model converted from RHD to LHD
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by bereiweris(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
please help my 1999 sienna started by misfiring then due to bad road in my area i parked it for 3weeks after which i noticed starting it was difficult and now if i put it on any gear it wont move and on start up it vibrates alot and if throttled goes off. pls help a brother. Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by MrAmaechi(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
1. Make Hyundai sonata
2. Model, sonata limited edition
3. Year of manufacture 2008
4. automatic
5. Number of cylinders 4
6. petrol
7. Issues with the car only moves on reverse. When on drive it doesn't move
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by WycliffeSMB(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good day House.

The HORN of my 2001 Honda Odyssey suddenly stopped working two days ago.

I checked the Horn fuse and Relay in the fusebox located in the Engine compartment and both components are not faulty.

Pls, is there anything else I can do on my own to resolve this issue?

N/B: This has happened before in the past... At intervals.
Sometimes it stops, and starts working Again on it's own without any fix.
But this time seems longer as it's over two days now.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by bereiweris(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good evening House

Please my 1999 toyota sienna dashboard light doesn't go off after putting off the ignition and removing the keys.
any idea on what might be wrong with it. Thanks
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by KingRex1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hello @cardoctor
When on the high way i run over a lil bump, my car shakes more like sways a lil before it balances again. Not the steering I mean, it's the whole body.

What could be the cause? Someone said its my back shocks, some said its my stabilizer link, some say it's my tyres.

Funny thing is that all these were replaced new early this year. What could be the issue?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by kingvicking(m): 7:36am On Jan 14
Good day all,

Please I have a 2007 Automatic Toyota Yaris, petrol, which uses an electric throttle

The issue is that it will accelerate to 70 or 80mph and won't go past that level no matter how u press the gas pedal, it will just become sluggish/heavy

Mechanic said maybe we should change the gas pedal or throttle body

So this morning I scanned the car with my portable Bluetooth scanner
And got 2 error codes
1. P0016 crankshaft position sensor
2. P1585 throttle control unit malfunction
(I have attached the scan result)

Kindly advice on the first steps

Car Doctor
Gazzuzz

Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by MrHighSea: 10:03pm On Jan 14
Car Dr.
Yaris sedan 2008 with 4cyl 1.5l powerhouse. Auto trans and petrol. No AC.

When warm, idle is rough (fluctuates) only when brake is applied at traffic light. Fuuny enough, it doesn't happen when I take it to mechanic.

Any ideas pls.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:47am On Jan 15
Teebaba1456:

Toyota Camry
Automatic
2.2L i4 Petrol

Whats the mileage on this car?
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:53am On Jan 15
Dozieson:

That is what we have been saying. This is related to cam shaft. Kindly inspect the engine physically to check for loosed wire harness and connectors. Get a good mechanic to do this if you can't do it. Also, check online for possible solution. It is a common issue. If you are in Lagos contact gazzuzz or Kingreign if you are in Abuja

This same car was in my workshop some time ago. He left without fixing the car because he doesn't want to pay for diagnosis.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 8:55am On Jan 15
UbiIsaac:
Car doctor good evening...
I have Nissan Xterra 2002 model.
I just noticed temperature raise only to check and discover there's no water in the radiator and it was boiling heavily. I allowed it to get cool thereafter I put water but just a little drive the whole water dried up from the radiator. And the car wasn't move well again so I packed.
What could be the problem and what do I do?

Burnt cylinder head gasket obviously. You need to have it inspected properly.
Re: Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I by cardoctor(m): 9:00am On Jan 15
Herdeynikeh95:
I drove enter water yesterday mistakenly because I didn't know the road was that bad .
Just some minutes drive after the water I started hearing whistling sound. Parked and check nothing.continuing driving till I reach house,I notice one cable was unplugged by the water probably under just some meters from the exhaust mouth...I plugged it back and the whistling sound continues.
I am just curious and down, I drive a bit D's morn and park to see if It will go but it persist,I am trying to see if everything will be normal again when sun is out and get dried up. I don't still get what could be the cause. I love having ideas of my car issue before calling any kazeem.pls help.
Modified**
Car corrola 2010. Auto gear

Cc: cardoctor. siena6

Is the whistling sound coming from the engine as it revs or from underneath the car?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Engine Manufacturing To Begin Soon - Innoson Motors / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.