Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? (2534 Views)

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by maclatunji: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Looka who is coming to lecture on the wrd "seem": next time, villager, use the proper terminology, versus trying to xplain incongruent lingo. Kapish --- and if ure receiving Eglish lectures from Obiagbhon, then not my concern.

You are not very smart, are you?
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2011
How do u measure smart, dummy - wats ur evaluation tool ?

Misusing terminolgy in phrases ? Or gaining access to a dic.kit.tionary ?
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by maclatunji: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi:

How do u measure smart, dummy - wats your evaluation tool ?

Misusing terminolgy in phrases ? Or gaining access to a dic.kit.tionary ?

When you fail to understand simple words/sentences and try to cover your ignorance/lack of understanding with empty pride-now that's not very smart is it?
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
Pride? you are the one who has reached the the false assumption that the OP doesn't love his wife because he doesn't want to turn into an inlaw houseboy. Now you're here, speaking in tongues -- like a mad man.

This is the internet, now be CLEAR when you write, we can't read your mind.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by prixxy(f): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Pride? you are the one who has reached the the false assumption that the OP doesn't love his wife because he doesn't want to turn into an inlaw houseboy. Now you're here, speaking in tongues -- like a mad man.

so driving the father inlaw somwhere will turn the man into a houseboy na wa oohh

LOVE YOUR WIFE AS YOU LOVE YOUR SELF ,so if you can do it for your self why cant you do it for your wife?

if you can drive your dad why cant you drive ur wifes dad?
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
prixxy:

so driving the father inlaw somwhere will turn the man into a houseboy na wa oohh

LOVE YOUR WIFE AS YOU LOVE YOUR SELF ,so if you can do it for your self why cant you do it for your wife?

if you can drive your dad why cant you drive your wifes dad?

look there are many Nigerians looking for jobs out there, so you hire a driver and if you can't hire a driver, then get them a taxi. Life is not as hard as some people make it seem.

But I won't be driving any in-law anywhere. End of story.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by prixxy(f): 5:35pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi:

look there are many Nigerians looking for jobs out there, so you hire a driver and if you can't hire a driver, then get them a taxi. Life is not as hard as some people make it seem.

But I won't be driving any in-law anywhere. End of story.

Life is not as hard as some people make it seem. So whats so hard in driving your inlaw somewhere
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^ what if you don't have the time ? I mean, is it a MUST to drive someone around? The answer is NO!

Why I won't do it is because its something that the driver does --- drive once, everytime the driver is NOT around, you automatically become the replacement --- that's not the type of position I would want to put myself in.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 5:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
The OP is even nice to come up with "excuses" Me -- I would have just said NO and say "I know of a driver, that can drive you around until your driver comes back from vacay!"
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by prixxy(f): 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
@obwunmi

pride pride pride will take you know where

i wish you all the best

because you gonna need it
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2011
if you want a houseboy for a husband then that's your problem.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by prixxy(f): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
obowunmi

good luck to you
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by maclatunji: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2011
obowunmi:

Dude, forget about reading minds, go and learn how to read words first.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by Damysa(f): 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^ what if you don't have the time ? I mean, is it a MUST to drive someone around? The answer is NO!

Why I won't do it is because its something that the driver does --- drive once, everytime the driver is NOT around, you automatically become the replacement --- that's not the type of position I would want to put myself in.

This is a clear demonstration of a very weak low self esteem, some men might thinkĀ  they are protecting their ego whereas they are actually degrading and demeaning themselves in the eyes of their women. In what way are u better off than the driver
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2011
Maclatunji, I have nothing else to say to you : you claim that the OP doesn't love his wife because he won't be a puppy dog to his in-law now ure here trying to intrepret what you said, go over and sit down and stop panting like a cat.

Next time, use the right terminology or write with an opened dictionary. Its obvious your village headmaster is not teaching you egglish. Oponu!
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2011
@ OP you did the right thing by declining their requesting, anyone who disagrees should gladly jump off the third mainland bridge.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2011
obowunmi:

Maclatunji, I have nothing else to say to you : you claim that the OP doesn't love his wife because he won't be a puppy dog to his in-law now ure here trying to intrepret what you said, go over and sit down and stop panting like a cat.

Next time, use the right terminology or write with an opened dictionary. Its obvious your village headmaster is not teaching you egglish. Oponu!

Damysa:

This is a clear demonstration of a very weak low self esteem, some men might thinkĀ  they are protecting their ego whereas they are actually degrading and demeaning themselves in the eyes of their women. In what way are you better off than the driver especially in terms of the use and understanding of English?
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
Maclatunji, Egglish is your problem and your improber use of terminology.

The poster seems not to:

-Love his wife

-Understand what marriage is all about because[b] he won't drive his inlaws[/b]

You are either a slowpoke, fool, or a child because I still don't see, despite your efforts to abuse, a correlation between rejecting being a houseboy and loving one's wife. Oponu!
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2011
Now you can stop panting like a cat smiley
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by maclatunji: 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2011
obowunmi:

Maclatunji, Egglish is your problem and your improber use of terminology.

You are either a not-so-smart person, fool, or a child because I still don't see, despite your efforts to abuse, a correlation between rejecting being a houseboy and loving one's wife. Oponu!

It has been fun toying with a proud man like you, I wish your wife the best of luck. She is going to need it.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2011
maclatunji:

It has been fun toying with a proud man like you, I wish your wife the best of luck. She is going to need it.

ur wife nko ? she better prepare to marry a houseboy. smiley
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by maclatunji: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2011
obowunmi:

your wife nko ? she better prepare to marry a houseboy. smiley

If some people are telling us to vote for them because they "have no shoes", being called a "houseboy" by egotistical you does not sound like much of a bad thing, no?
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by klear(f): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2011
Wats d big deal n driving your FIL 2 an event? if its your father wont u do it? Unless u r beefing d man secretly. its nt worth d hassle with your wife ( women have a long memory u know) & your in-laws who may nt 4get your refusal
@obowunmi like maclatunji was pointin out, if u luv ur wife y pick unnecessary issues wit her parents?( issues dat wnt lead anywia unless u dnt wnt peace n d house )nobody said dey wia going 2 turn u n2 dia driver, it was an emergency & d man happened 2 b dia. y wld dey turn d man n2 dia driver even if he is jobless
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2011
maclatunji:

If some people are telling us to vote for them because they "have no shoes", being called a "houseboy" by egotistical you does not sound like much of a bad thing, no?

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by obowunmi(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
klear:

Wats d big deal n driving your FIL 2 an event? if its your father wont u do it? Unless u r beefing d man secretly. its nt worth d hassle with your wife ( women have a long memory u know) & your in-laws who may nt 4get your refusal
@obowunmi like maclatunji was pointin out, if u luv your wife y pick unnecessary issues wit her parents?( issues dat wnt lead anywia unless u dnt wnt peace n d house )nobody said dey wia going 2 turn u n2 dia driver, it was an emergency & d man happened 2 b dia. y wld dey turn d man n2 dia driver even if he is jobless

Good point baby -- I like you! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss If I love my wife, it shouldn't be a big deal. I wouldn't do it sha! I'll hire a driver for him for a month.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by lucom: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2011
Guy you have some ego problems here, the last time I checked my father-in law is actually my father and I wont hesitate to drive my father. Maybe you should empathise with them and imagine yourself grow old one day and find yourself in a similar situation, haba guy give this a thought and try to apologise to those folks.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by SwiftSMS(f): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
I am simply amazed at the the poster and the issue as a whole.

No offence meant but are you truly in your late 30's as you claim?

That bit you said about no one being above mistakes (or something along that line) doesn't hold water here, it just sounds like a lame excuse.

Seriously, what would it have cost you to drive your FIL to the function? How many times in the past has he made a request of this nature or how often does he impose on you?

We don't get to see our old and ageing parents frequently (whether yours or wifey's), and in my opinion when we do we should all make the most of it, respect them and give them what they want if it is within our power. They could be gone any day and it's not like we make them the priority in our lives because of new families we have or are trying to build, which consists of a wife/husband and kids.

Shaking my head and truly wondering what marriages are coming to these days. This shouldn't have been an issue at all you goofed big time and if this was really a mistake as you claim and not a deliberate act I hope you'll learn something.
Re: Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? by samtoye(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
The man dashed you a whole human that he solely trained from birth, driving him for a few hours would not kill you even if he sits in owners corner !!!! I see a man that lacks confidence here !!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mothers/christians, Is Child Dedication Party Compulsory? / My 1 Year And 2 Months Old Daughter Always Acting Weird (pls Read) / Man Who Fell For A Single Mother-of-six After Meeting On A Dating Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.