Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

Baby Food Recipes! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Baby Food Recipes! (170078 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Do You Steal Baby Food? / Best Baby Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Pretty4ril: 7:35am On Jun 20, 2013
Which one is good for kids under 7 yrs bournvita or millo.Have been given my 3yrs six mth and 4yrs six mnth milo for sometime now with their everyday milk like peak/oldenburg. I just want a change. Can someone advice me.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 9:20am On Jun 20, 2013
which multivitamin can i use for a 9 and half months baby.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by abiolu: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
@ isfat, you feed baby when they are hungry! Every child is different, some eat morethan the other, just follow baby lead, and make sure you don't overfeed baby. Sometimes when baby cry, its not becos they are hungry, they might just want some attention( I.e want to play)

As per multivitamin, abidec is good for babies.

@ pretty4ril, pls try and cut down on the milo, its got too much suga. Warm milk shlddo same job but without the sugar. Also u can alternaate with nesquik ( as an occasional treat, cos its very sugary) it has differentflavor,chocolate,strawerry etc

2 Likes

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2013
thank u very much 4 d great job. Is seven seas cod liver oil syrup good for 9 months old for mineral suplement and how many month will i use it for him.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by abiolu: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
@ Issfat, Abidec has all the necessary vitamin a baby needs! You don't need to give cod liver oil unless there is a medical need for it. Baby can get calcium in Youghurt , milk etc, if that the reason you want to give cod liver oil
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by bukkieno(f): 2:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
My baby doesn't like to drink water anymore and she used to drink it well before.she's 9months+ and she eats amala,mashed potatoes etc and won't drink water after feeding.Most times I just force her to drink a tiny bit. Wat do I do?
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by abiolu: 12:26am On Jul 03, 2013
@ bukieno. How do u normally offer ur baby water, maybe u should try a sippy cup or make baby drink from your own cup. If baby refuse water completely, then I suggest offering breast milk or formula as a drink but keep offering water even if its just a tiny bit. Pls avoid offering any sugary drink at this stage. Ribena, Caprisone all has tonnes of sugar in it
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hi, how can I treat my 10 months baby cough. It started a wk ago wt cold and his upper teeth is abt to come out too, we have use antibiotics , treated malaria, cold dispeared bt cough refuse to go and I use todo steaming twice daily. Ur advice is needed urgently
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Wendy80(f): 8:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
Pls Is Nutrend ok for a 4month?
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by maxiflexi(f): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hello mums, this is the exact group I need for we turned 6months old 2day!!!! cheesy
Wendy80: Pls Is Nutrend ok for a 4month?
If you want to start introducing solids gradually , say one/two spoons a day at first, then its fine. But I think pap is a better first food for a baby transitioning from an all milk diet; because its mixed with the same milk baby has been taking.

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 4:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Issfat: Hi, how can I treat my 10 months baby cough. It started a wk ago wt cold and his upper teeth is abt to come out too, we have use antibiotics , treated malaria, cold dispeared bt cough refuse to go and I use todo steaming twice daily. Ur advice is needed urgently
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by maxiflexi(f): 6:36am On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=Issfat][/quote]
I think steaming mostly helps the cold / stuffy nose. The weather and teething issues won't help matters either. Try vitamin C syrup & freshly squeezed orange. If he loves holding foods, give him the smaller half of the orange slice to chew on. This should help soften & get rid of the cough in no time.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
thanks
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by preciousalfred(f): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
I prepared beans and ripe plantain for my 6months old baby today.
Ingredients:-
Beans 1cup
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2013
im tired of my baby cough, ve used antibiotic, used vitamin c but i want to try palm oil and sugar i dnt knw if it can work for 10 and half months baby. Pls ur advice urgently needed
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by preciousalfred(f): 10:25am On Jul 18, 2013
So I made Beans and ripe plantain for my 6month old baby.
Ingredients:-
1cup of beans
1 very ripe plantain for sweetening
Onions
Vegetable oil.
Directions- I soaked the beans in water to soften it, then removed the back and cooked until its soft, then I added plantain that I cut into little cubes and allowed it to boil for about two minutes before I added the onions and vegetable oil. A minute later, it was done. I allowed it to cool before pureed it or for more texture you can just give it to the baby like that. It was yummy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by preciousalfred(f): 10:45am On Jul 18, 2013
Issfat: im tired of my baby cough, ve used antibiotic, used vitamin c but i want to try palm oil and sugar i dnt knw if it can work for 10 and half months baby. Pls ur advice urgently needed

Pls don't give your baby palm oil if he has cough. I tried it with mine and I almost choked my baby, it was terrible. Have you taken him to a paediatrician? I used Primpex paediatric suspension for my baby's cough and it worked wonders.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by JanetWinslet(f): 4:13am On Jul 23, 2013
useful!!!
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by maxiflexi(f): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2013
My six-month old sometimes wants to hold her food & feed herself! I've been giving slices of potatoes & carrots, she doesn't like carrots. What else can I give her?
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Wendy80(f): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2013
Pls Millet,Corn and Guinea Corn, whc is better for Pap for a 4month old?
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Issfat: 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
mix millet and guinea corn it is very good my baby love it.

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by yewaman: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2013
wonder if fathers can make contributions here? Our ( month old boy hardly eats solids, we have tried to introduce him gradually to solids but the little guy has just refused to cooprate, at some point when he point he used eat eka baba, but he takes very little, but prefers breast milk, what can we do?
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nomskylynd: I expected more recipes under this topic! being a monther of eleven month olds (quadruplets)! i need more. Currently, i feed my babies indomie, rice with okro soup made with little pepper, sweet potatoes mashed with butter (not margarine) and titus fish, semo with okro or egusi soup, deskinned boiled beans, pap (made from corn, millet and dawa) and mixed with formular (similac Advance). For snacks, i feed them with crackers biscuits,egg york, tangarine, oranges, bananas, blended carrots.

I will say their main meal is pap being that they are four and it requires more than one person to feed them so feeding them with pap from a bottle lighten the load but I make sure they eat atleast one of the above once a day. Luckily for me, they have not reacted negatively to any of these meals but seems to enjoy it. I will be introducing moi moi and akara balls soon. grin undecided

Madam how are u coping? A lot of things going on in my head as I read ur post. Though its bn long but I will still congratulate u.
Congrats.I hope u and the kids r well.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
Issfat: im tired of my baby cough, ve used antibiotic, used vitamin c but i want to try palm oil and sugar i dnt knw if it can work for 10 and half months baby. Pls ur advice urgently needed
Give ur baby food that will strenghten his immune system.
Cough is a viral infection. Mostly do not react to antibiotics and sometimes antibiotics worsen it.
Sometimes some underlying illness triggers cough.once u treat them,cough stops.
I will suggest u visit ur baby's dr for proper examination.it might be more than ordinary cough.

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by corrall(f): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
my baby is 8 months now and trust me since about 6 months she has refused to drink plain formula. she would suck o, but milk? NAA!! not interested. I dont know what to do. I have introduced a whole lot of foods, but after about 3 spoons it turns to fight.

Anyways, i am also trying out gerber and purity foods.

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by demmykay: 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hello mums, I want to introduce soy beans( powder) to M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ baby. He will be 6mths by d end of dis month. I have started him with pap nd he is responding well but I feel like addin soy beans to d pap. Someone suggest dat I par boil d soy beans then dry out in d sun for 2days after which I roast before grinding. Pls has anyone used dis method b4 nd how was d result? Am just hearing abt d par boiling aspect, I used to know abt roasting nd grinding.

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by abisolaarshow(f): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Please I need urgent help my sisters baby is 6months old but doesn't want to eat @ all. She sucks breast but not for a long period. We av tried all kind of food but she just doesn't want to eat. But now she s getting weaker by the day. We force her to take the multivitamins given @ d hospital but she still doesn't eat and she is underweight. Please help o.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by didicold(f): 6:46am On Oct 05, 2013
Try going to a doctor, i had an area sister whose son wouldnt eat also, all d baby food was wasted on him, na we lick am finish,if d doctor says dere is nothing for it, u av to make nutrient laden dishes so dat u can make evri snall meal count, as for recipes, i know very little, i rememba she used to poach eggs mixed with mil for him, mix egg and milk, a pinch of salt,one egg will do with a tablespoon of milk, put it in d sippy cup, den put in boiling water till solid, just lift and shake d cup, if d contents slosh its not yet cooked, she also used to make semovita with ewedu, she boils titus fish ,mashed it with her hands and sprinkles it into d ewedu when its almost done cooking, u can also make semovita with milk as a custard, if all else fails ,have u tried force feeding, i know oyinbo ppl prefer intravenous, but our mothers used to forcefeed and here we are, i am sure u dont want needles being poked in ur baby to find a vein, but d food had to be liquid in dis case, if u dont know how to do it, let a pro teach u,and small quantities is ok, just so u know d child isnt starving and make sure d liquid is nutrient laden e.g boiled semo with totally pureed fish , or veggie puree.
Wish u luck, i know u will be worried but take heart

2 Likes

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by maxiflexi(f): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
abisolaarshow: Please I need urgent help my sisters baby is 6months old but doesn't want to eat @ all. She sucks breast but not for a long period. We av tried all kind of food but she just doesn't want to eat. But now she s getting weaker by the day. We force her to take the multivitamins given @ d hospital but she still doesn't eat and she is underweight. Please help o.

This is what I did for my daughter.
1. Introduce formula. If she hasn't been taking bottle b4, use a spoon & cup. Make a little (1-2 ounces). She may not drink it all so be prepared to feed her every 2-3 hours. This will fill her up 4 a long while.
2. Gradually introduce her to solids. For the first few weeks, just a taste, 1 spoon is all she will take. Don't be discouraged. Its a step in d right direction. Apart fron baby cereal, when you cook, (minimal pepper) dip your finger in & put it in her mouth. Eat boiled eggs & mash a pinch of yolk in her mouth. Mash a little boiled fish in her mouth. Its a gradual process.
3. Continue with the multivitamins. You are on the right track!

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by ayonie: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
The information supplied on this forum is quite educative,esp. to someone like me who is new in this experience of motherhood. My baby is always being forced before she eats. I need your guidance as to how get her eat normally without being forced . She just clocks 6 months. I would be glad if someone could help me out on this. Thank you.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by abisolaarshow(f): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
thank u so much maxiflex i really ppreciate ur response. yes she s getting better by the day although she still takes very little now we mix her drugs with ribena the drink she likes to take with cheese balls. we ll also keep trying like u adviced. Thnx
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by jmjdubai: 7:22am On Oct 24, 2013
Mother’s milk is the best food for your baby. It contains all the elements that your baby needs to grow (vitamins, essential fatty acids, calcium, iron, protein). You can feed grain flour enriched with iron to your child as the first solid food for your child. You can also feed your child with cerelac infant cereal which are available in different flavours, from the fourth month of your child’s birth after consulting with a paediatrician. A good way to help your child to accept new flavours and textures is to feed your baby with gluten free flour cereals. You must simply dissolve several teaspoons of flour cereals (one to two tablespoons in the beginning) into a deep bowl and add water. This will help your child get enriched with iron. Fruits and vegetables are essential nutrients for the balanced diet for your child. Provide cooked fruits and vegetables for your child. Make a puree of fruits like apples, bananas, apricot, peaches etc without adding sugar, and vegetables like zucchini, carrots, green beans without adding salt and feed your child.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Looking For A Thread? Please Look In Here. (Food Library) / The Official Nairaland Kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.