Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Baby Food Recipes! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Baby Food Recipes! (168993 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Do You Steal Baby Food? / Best Baby Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by babythug(f): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2017
feddy27:

7months+

1. Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
Potatoes (sweet or irish)
Chicken breast (boneless chicken)
Carrot

Dice and boil all together. Blend and serve warm.
I also add this combo to my maize pap a times.

2. Creamy plantain soup

Ingredients
Ripe plantain
Small onion
Baby formula

Cook the ripe plantain and onions together and blend to a fine paste.
Add baby's formula and serve.

3. Semolina porridge

Ingredients
Semolina
Banana
Baby's formula

Method
Dissolve semolina in water and place pan on fire.
When done, remove and add pureed banana and baby's formula.

4. Fruit Porridge
Ingredients
Baby rice ( I use brown ground rice)
Mango + apple puree
Baby's milk

Dissolve baby rice in water and place pan on fire to get done
Add pureed mango + apple

5. Oats Porridge

Ingredients
Ground oats
Pureed bananas
Baby's milk

Method
Add oat to water and place pan on fire
When ready, add pureed banana + baby's milk

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by babythug(f): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
enque:
Voucher
All other interested mamas

I just thought to add this -
U can spice up your baby's potato/plantain/yam puree/mash with boiled green peas, boiled carrot or even boiled liver.

For liver - I cut into little cubes and pre-boil separately. Add to the already cooked potatoes/plantain/yam and mash/blend.

I also boil and mash my carrot and peas seperately and then mix with whatever puree she is having.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by stellytwinkle(f): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2018
Hi, my name is Stella and I am the CEO of 1000 by 200 initiative.
1000 for 200 initiative is a platform aimed at empowering all at a very little cost.
So, for #1,000, you would get to learn 200 recipes and ideas! Amazing, isn't it?
Learning would take place in the following forms:
1. Audios
2. Visuals ( pictures )
3. Audio - Visuals ( videos ).
Experts would take you on a one - on - one training.
These recipes and ideas are divided into the following categories:
Category 1: SNACKS - 25 Items
Category 2: SOUPS - 25 items
Category 3: DRINKS - 20 items
Category 4: ICE CREAM - 20 items
Category 5:CAKES - 20 items
Category 6: SMOOTHIES - 20 items
Category 7: DISHES - 20 items
Category 8: RESTAURANT DELICACIES - 10 items
Category 9: HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS - 10 items
Category 10: WIG MAKING - 10 items
Category 11: BEAD MAKING - 10 items
Category 12: EXTRAS - 10 items
These items sums up to 200.
Training would be on for 3 weeks.
Price: #1000
Date : August 7th - August 27th
Time : 3pm - 5pm daily
Venue: WhatsApp
Interested persons should pay the sum of #1,000 to this account:
Account no: 0214302005
Bank name: GTBank
Account name: Ukpabio Stella
After payment, send in your name, phone number and proof of payment to 08183615538. After confirmation, you would be automatically added to the group.
Details of items to be learnt would be made available to you on the platform once payment has been made.
Don't miss this opportunity!!!
1000 for 200 initiative - Changing lives
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Shininstar30(f): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
*TODAY'S MOTIVATION*

*Money doesn't have inherent power to grow*

*It only grows in the hands of a man who has increased in wisdom, who has learnt ways to multiply it through investments and smart works*

*There's a very big difference between having a SOURCE OF INCOME and having FINANCIAL FREEDOM*

*JUST THINK ABOUT IT*�������

To say *YES* to *Financial freedom* kindly click� https:///6vR8seQ91d4HcG1bOnwdNT
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
dominique:
@Jidegirl
he's 19 months and he's been on formula since he was around 6 months. He refused all the formula we introduced to him alongside pap till i had to stop him from breastfeeding @ 11 months. till now, feeding him is a challenge. He'll accept one food today and reject it tomorroe. I've pureed bananna in his pap in the past. He took to it well only to reject it afterwards. Rice is a no-go area. I'm thinking of introducing pancakes with honey. What do you think?
see ehn, a mother can keep trying the same food 15 times, the baby will finally accept it, it is a thing of showing them who the parent is
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Hassy4(f): 3:07am On Aug 21, 2019
Please can I prepare this for my 9months old baby?
Millet+dawa+soyabeans+wheat grinded together in liquid form, sieved and taken as pap?
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by sunbestie(f): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2019
Hassy4:
Please can I prepare this for my 9months old baby?
Millet+dawa+soyabeans+wheat grinded together in liquid form, sieved and taken as pap?
Yes but it must be well cooked
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by 1stKing: 12:15am On Aug 22, 2019
cookie27:
Let's start with an item EVERYONE is familiar with, RICE! Yup, good old rice. Now the health benefits of rice are enormous. Brown rice (or ofada rice as we know it) particularly is nutritious as it contains vitamins A, C, B1, B2, Niacin, Folate, Potassium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Calcium, Sodium, Iron and just a hint of protein. And let's not forget all the extra fiber. Never mind the smell or the taste, once combined with the right foods, it still makes for a delicious meal for your baby.
So let's try the following rice recipes.

Brown rice cereal
1/4 Cup Brown rice powder (Blend the rice in a food processor or dry mill)
1 Cup water
a little formula or breast milk
1. Boil the water in a saucepan. Add the rice powder while stirring constantly or it will stick.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly, mix in formula or breast milk if desired
3. Serve warm.
out of curiosity, Can I blend and cook carrot for a baby
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by 1stKing: 12:19am On Aug 22, 2019
Nomskylynd:
I expected more recipes under this topic! being a monther of eleven month olds (quadruplets)! i need more. Currently, i feed my babies indomie, rice with okro soup made with little pepper, sweet potatoes mashed with butter (not margarine) and titus fish, semo with okro or egusi soup, deskinned boiled beans, pap (made from corn, millet and dawa) and mixed with formular (similac Advance). For snacks, i feed them with crackers biscuits,egg york, tangarine, oranges, bananas, blended carrots.

I will say their main meal is pap being that they are four and it requires more than one person to feed them so feeding them with pap from a bottle lighten the load but I make sure they eat atleast one of the above once a day. Luckily for me, they have not reacted negatively to any of these meals but seems to enjoy it. I will be introducing moi moi and akara balls soon. grin undecided
wow how are your kids now

1 Like

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by toxxnoni(m): 8:32pm On May 03, 2020
Good evening
Please, I need an advised.
My baby is 1year 1 month and she has been taking nutribon since 6 months.

Now we tried to introduced her to Golden morn last week Tuesday but she vomitted after some hours that we had to give her ORS. Now today (Sunday) we tried PAP (OKA BABA) and she vomited again, this vomit is not at once ooo, she will to sleep then wake up and vomit. She has done it up to 4 or 5 times since 5:30pm to 8:20pm. Her stomach is empty now. I feel her stomach is paining her too because she is just turning up and down on the bed.

Please what could be the cause of this, I am really worried.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Adam09: 7:02pm On May 06, 2020
toxxnoni:
Good evening
Please, I need an advised.
My baby is 1year 1 month and she has been taking nutribon since 6 months.

Now we tried to introduced her to Golden morn last week Tuesday but she vomitted after some hours that we had to give her ORS. Now today (Sunday) we tried PAP (OKA BABA) and she vomited again, this vomit is not at once ooo, she will to sleep then wake up and vomit. She has done it up to 4 or 5 times since 5:30pm to 8:20pm. Her stomach is empty now. I feel her stomach is paining her too because she is just turning up and down on the bed.

Please what could be the cause of this, I am really worried.
Please do not give your child golden morn until she is 3 years old. Although my baby is 10 months, I cannot really advice you on what to give a year old.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Nedlog01(m): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hi, There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. Register today with: https://www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4
It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken.
It's all free.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Temikola2009(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Wow..Nice comments coming up from this topic.

For those who need more information on what kind of food they can give to their selective babies.

I recommend you should visit this website. https://Foodrisp.com/

It has a well detailed contents on what kind of food options and variations you can feed your babies with, no matter the age.
Re: Baby Food Recipes! by Temikola2009(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2021
I took my time to prepare this delicious Nigerian pancakes.

You surely need to read and watch this

https://foodrisp.com/how-to-make-nigerian-pancakes/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) / Making A Very Fluffy Cake? / Reach The Moderator Here - Complaints~ Feedbacks~ Suggestions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.