Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? (5533 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Your Opinion On Inter-religious And Inter-tribal Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by ektbear: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
So all these ancestors of ours who were pagans, are they all rotting in hell?

Because they definitely didn't believe or know anything about Jesus.

Is your grandpapa's grandpapa in hell? Despite him possibly having been a very upright man?

I don't believe in such a philosophy. Maybe a good Hindu won't go to heaven, but he doesn't deserve to go to hell. Anyway, I don't have the answers. . . but if that is the way the world works, it doesn't seem right to me.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by orbaxy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
Blazay:

Who is this STARK illiterate? undecided

We may share different opinions on the subject matter but don't call me names.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

So all these ancestors of ours who were pagans, are they all rotting in hell?

Because they definitely didn't believe or know anything about Jesus.

Is your grandpapa's grandpapa in hell? Despite him possibly having been a very upright man?

I don't believe in such a philosophy. Maybe a good Hindu won't go to heaven, but he doesn't deserve to go to hell. Anyway, I don't have the answers. . . but if that is the way the world works, it doesn't seem right to me.

People are guided/judged based on what they believe in.

I don't know about your grandpa . . . . I only know about myself and my God! cool
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by ektbear: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2011
^-- I'm not asking about MY grandpa (who was a Christian, and hopefully is in heaven now.)

I'm asking about YOUR grandpa's grandpa. Who in fact it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to know about Jesus, since Christianity wasn't available at that time. Or we can wind back to your ancestor from the 1500s, if you like.

So you can answer this question and think about whether it is justifiable for a man who has no access to Christianity but is otherwise upright to go to hell. If God is just, how can that possibly be what he does? undecided

Anyway, this is a big problem I have with many Christians. . . they don't think. They just mindlessly quote the Bible without thinking about the implications. Regurgitate what somebody told them w/o thinking through things, asking, "Is this consistent with a God who is just, fair, and holy?"

Anyway, since you haven't thought about this issue at all, you should investigate what some other Christian thinkers have to say about it. C.S. Lewis in particular has some interesting things to say about this topic.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Blazay(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
orbaxy:

We may share different opinions on the subject matter but don't call me names.

No, you did not call me names. . . but you responded to my post like a 'stark illiterate'.

orbaxy (m)
In your fantasies,

Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages?
« #10 on: Today at 01:18:43 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blazay, nothing like a free thinker. you really do need GOD if you don't realise that now, you will someday.
If you are really a parent, your comments are way too irresponsible.

After telling you my preference in religion or philosophy. . . you should have respected that since I do not care about your teachings of Jesus. kiss
Pretty insulting to bring my 'parenting' skills or lack thereof(like anyone cares huh?) into the discussion right?

Here are MY rules, just in case you are not familiar with them. kiss

Btw, if you call me names. . . I will return the favor. kiss

ALWAYS.

Unless I missed your post. Or, I totally ignore you because. . . . .Yor are MALE(just needing a little attention or a goooood phock. . . .neither of which I can help you with kiss). . .and/or. . . . I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND YOUR GUTS, LIKE SUCH CATEGORIES OF "THE F-STRANGERS" AND THE LIKES! Or, I have tagged you in association with a 'gang' or 'herd' of follow-follows with the incurable everlasting curse of THE okoro-ngbatic nauseating mentality and COMPLEX aka the typical NIGERIAN cowardly, carpet-baggers/boot-booty-lickers/suckers of NL and/or other Nigerian fora . . .dragging Nigeria back to the dark ages as enemies of progress! kiss

Then you might juuuuuuuuuuuuuust be lucky to gerraway wirrrit!

IF YOU ARE FEMALE. . . I WILL FINISH YOU OR DIE FIRST, BEFORE I LET GO OF YOUR STINKING TOTO OR ARZZZZZE!I HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR NIGERIAN BITCHEEEZ AND/OR WITCHEEEZ! kiss

Unless I am banned. . . then you MAY get a break. Not a lucky one, if I may add. FOR I SHALL MOST-DEF COME BACK FOR YOU WITH LOTS OF AMMUNITION GATHERED OFF-LINE, WHEN I HAVE THE SPARE TIME OF COURSE. kiss  kiss

So, who or what were you trying to 'size up' as a measure ANY amount of 'civilization' again?

Now, you mind your manners. . .we may have different views. . .YOU act like you respect them or else? kiss

Have a blessed one son. kiss
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by orbaxy(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- I'm not asking about MY grandpa (who was a Christian, and hopefully is in heaven now.)

I'm asking about YOUR grandpa's grandpa. Who in fact it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to know about Jesus, since Christianity wasn't available at that time. Or we can wind back to your ancestor from the 1500s, if you like.

So you can answer this question and think about whether it is justifiable for a man who has no access to Christianity but is otherwise upright to go to hell. If God is just, how can that possibly be what he does? undecided

Anyway, this is a big problem I have with many Christians. . . they don't think. They just mindlessly quote the Bible without thinking about the implications. Regurgitate what somebody told them w/o thinking through things, asking, "Is this consistent with a God who is just, fair, and holy?"

Anyway, since you haven't thought about this issue at all, you should investigate what some other Christian thinkers have to say about it. C.S. Lewis in particular has some interesting things to say about this topic.

uprightness is a state no mortal being can attain outside spiritual guidance. Studies have shown that Simple reactive tendencies like "telling lies", "grudge", "se.x - i mean premarital behind the fence screwing", "violence and retaliation" are natural human tendencies so your grandfather wouldnt be upright if he never had spiritual guidance.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2011
eku bear

If we are to go by Xtian principles.

All Chinese are going to Hell, All Indians are going to Hell al non Xtians are going to Hell

Thats like 60% of the world population already.

Among xtians Pentecostal Xtians believe if you are not born again you are going to Hell

So of the 33% of global population another Half that are Catholics are going to Hell

Leaving us with 16% of world population.

Other non Pentecostal faith like Anglican, Orthodox xtians, etc would also go to Hell because most didnt believe in the "Accepting Jesus as Lord and saviour" mantra. Most still drink alcohol and smoke.

We are now left woth abour 8-10% of world population who are pentecostals.

Among these pentecostalas we have sinners also which are the majority

In summary less than 2% of the world population would make heaven.

With Nigerians being the most among them
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by orbaxy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
dayokanu:

eku bear

If we are to go by Xtian principles.

All Chinese are going to Hell, All Indians are going to Hell al non Xtians are going to Hell

Thats like 60% of the world population already.

Among xtians Pentecostal Xtians believe if you are not born again you are going to Hell

So of the 33% of global population another Half that are Catholics are going to Hell

Leaving us with 16% of world population.

Other non Pentecostal faith like Anglican, Orthodox xtians, etc would also go to Hell because most didnt believe in the "Accepting Jesus as Lord and saviour" mantra. Most still drink alcohol and smoke.

We are now left woth abour 8-10% of world population who are pentecostals.

Among these pentecostalas we have sinners also which are the majority

In summary less than 2% of the world population would make heaven.

With Nigerians being the most among them

bla bla bla. go and sit down angry
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
namfav:

for having a parent that does not care what their children choose  undecided

He said he would ensure they learn to use their minds and not follow blindly.

How can you pity them if they learn to use their minds? Is that not better than parents that bring up kids that are only exposed to one religion and then become dogmatic that their religion is right/superior and do everything the religion requires of them like mumus?

Some are even so dumb they will kill others because they are of another religion or they feel their religion has been disrespected.

Some are so reetarded they will join in protesting violently when they feel harm/wrong is coming to their religious "brothers and sisters", but are no where to be seen when their religious "brothers and sisters" are doing harm/wrong to others. Is a child that has learnt to use his mind not better than one that has developed such a reetarded "cult-like" mentality.

Some would give all their savings to a religious figure with the hope/promise of their lives getting better.

Some waste most of their years in religious centres "worshipping/praising/learning about" (as they claim) God or performing religious activities, hence missing a significant proportion of their productivity. No wonder most of their countries are backwards.

Most deny themselves some tasty dishes all because they are told not to eat certain things by their so-called religions based on some perception of a loony medieval person.

Is a child raised to learn to use their minds not better? Is your pity not misplaced?

Julbu:

You said you don't need Jesus,please you are making a hell of mistakes.accept Jesus today and your life and situation will not remain the same.Get a copy of the Holy Bible,read and hold on to what the bible teaches.may God minister to you as you make attempt to draw close to Him-amen

Shut up!

Accept to start using your brain and your life might be better.

PeeDaVinci:

by saying inter-religious marriages, i mean a situation where one of the couple is fully practises a religion and the other doesn't practise any or practise another religion, and i can tell you cantegorically that it doesn't work, just forget it!!! both parties, most of the times, are just tolerating each other

They both have issues with their brains, not a surprise it would not work.

Mugu plus Mugu = Double Mugu.

orbaxy:

I honestly wish to respect your view but "BROS" without GOD life sucks.

Really?

You have scientific or empirical proof?

Life sucks in Sweden, Denmark, UK, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia but is so effing fantastic in Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Phillipines, Yemen, Somalia and several other Jihadist and pentecoastal African countries?

Stop chatting nonsense.

Teacher, teacher o, no be lecturer be your name.

Teacher, teacher o, abi lecturer no be the same.

Make-ee no teach-ee me again

As soon teaching finish, yes, da thing-ee it don die for me o

1 Like

Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

The bible say the ONLY to get to heaven is through JC. I wonder how someone who doesn't believe in him will manage that.

I would fcking stroll in with the Angels enthusiastically cheering and punching the air in utter delirium!

Any angel that objects, I would chant and hit with juju right there!
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by namfav(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2011
Fashola and tinubu are muslems but their beloved wives are christians.this is rampant in yoruba societies,what maters is compatibility not religious belief.my mother just converted to christianity hence my relatives are muslems

most muslims don't have a problem with that, we'd have a woma who is christian so long as our kids are brought up as muslim
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2011
namfav:

most muslims don't have a problem with that, we'd have a woma who is christian so long as our kids are brought up as muslim

Not true!

Not in Saudi Arabia, not in Egypt, not in virtually all arab countries, not in northern Nigeria, not in Pakistan, not in Bangladesh.

There is no other religion on Earth that is so pedantic on requiring non-believers to convert before marriage.

Substitute "most" in your assertion with "few".
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by namfav(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
Sagamite:

He said he would ensure they learn to use their minds and not follow blindly.

How can you pity them if they learn to use their minds? Is that not better than parents that bring up kids that are only exposed to one religion and then become dogmatic that their religion is right/superior and do everything the religion requires of them like mumus?

Some are even so dumb they will kill others because they are of another religion or they feel their religion has been disrespected.

Some are so reetarded they will join in protesting violently when they feel harm/wrong is coming to their religious "brothers and sisters", but are no where to be seen when their religious "brothers and sisters" are doing harm/wrong to others. Is a child that has learnt to use his mind not better than one that has developed such a reetarded "cult-like" mentality.

Some would give all their savings to a religious figure with the hope/promise of their lives getting better.

Some waste most of their years in religious centres "worshipping/praising/learning about" (as they claim) God or performing religious activities, hence missing a significant proportion of their productivity. No wonder most of their countries are backwards.

Most deny themselves some tasty dishes all because they are told not to eat certain things by their so-called religions based on some perception of a loony medieval person.

Is a child raised to learn to use their minds not better? Is your pity not misplaced?

the sooner we teach our children about that 1 god the better, we can't say we don't care and that they can choose for themselves and then start to complain about social problems, teenage pregnancies, rape, aids/hiv etc. those are products of children being given the license to "use their minds", i am yet to find a godless person (young) who has any prospect of being a productive person in society
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by namfav(m): 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
Sagamite:

Not true!

Not in Saudi Arabia, not in Egypt, not in virtually all arab countries, not in northern Nigeria, not in Pakistan, not in Bangladesh.

There is no other religion on Earth that is so pedantic on requiring non-believers to convert before marriage.

Substitute "most" in your assertion with "few".

from my understand, it only gets wrong when you marry a christian wife and have christian children while being muslim, but if your children are muslim and your wife christian then there is no problem, but then the wife needs to be a "good christian" not one of those hypocrites
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2011
namfav:

the sooner we teach our children about that 1 god the better, we can't say we don't care and that they can choose for themselves and then start to complain about social problems, teenage pregnancies, violation, aids/hiv etc. those are products of children being given the license to "use their minds",

Good point.

Religion is a good tool to control/scare people to do good and behave.

But that does not mean it is the only tool.

namfav:

i am yet to find a godless person (young) who has any prospect of being a productive person in society

You must be having a effing laugh.

I bet the computer you are using to type is partly made by some God-less soul from youth.

I bet the softwares (browser etc) is made by another.

Go to countries with societies that are not religious. E.g. Scandinavia countries and Japan, go to Silicon Valley where godless kids are revolutionising the world, they are far more productive than the Almajiris and Talibes that are fed on God morning till night.

Religion is a hinderance to productivity, scientifical development and creativity that is why there are few super-religious countries that are developed leaders of the world.

namfav:

from my understand, it only gets wrong when you marry a christian wife and have christian children while being muslim, but if your children are muslim and your wife christian then there is no problem, but then the wife needs to be a "good christian" not one of those hypocrites

I think your understanding is flawed.

Most times, it is plain religious fascism, not "let my kids be muslim"! It is "I am of the right religion and you must join before you are worthy to marry me" driven by the scriptures of the religion. Plain and simple.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Centino: 8:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
start early to assert your individuality so that you do not have people invading your life when you'd rather they didn't. when you turn to family for everything, trivial things even, they will never be convinced you know what you are doing when you decide to make a big decision all by yourself.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by MissyB3(f): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
If Sagamite isn't on a thread like this, who go deh? angry angry

Ujujoan:

I've always believed that people should stick tho their own kind.
Spot on!

Topic -
Nah! Not for people like me. If you aren't a christian, look elsewhere. cool
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2011
Missy ★ B:

If Sagamite isn't on a thread like this, who go deh?  angry angry
Spot on!

Topic -
Nah! Not for people like me. If you aren't a christian, look elsewhere.  cool

Sagamite will always be there when people are forcing their religious opinions on others. If you practice your religion in private, in tolerance and not try and scare people by chatting rubbish about how people are in likely trouble because they do not follow your mythical tosh, then Sagamite has no problem with you.

I also have my religious biases when selecting a partner, but at least mine makes sense.

I discriminate on those without bombastic milky way, bakassi, angel face and/or hour-glass figure. If you don't have any, abeg waka pass sharp sharp. That assessment I follow religiously. cool
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by MissyB3(f): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2011
Mschewwwwww! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Mschewwwwww! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

You have your religion, I get my religion.

Can't we all just get along? tongue grin
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by namfav(m): 10:17pm On Apr 01, 2011
christians in nigeria are intolerant, a muslim is the first to accept a christian into his home but a christian will never accept a muslim in his neighbourhood

Sagamite:

I think your understanding is flawed.

Most times, it is plain religious fascism, not "let my kids be muslim"! It is "I am of the right religion and you must join before you are worthy to marry me" driven by the scriptures of the religion. Plain and simple.

your understanding is flawed because its baseless, which scripture says that ? what im speaking is in a human context, an example is that you don't want your children to speak a language you cannot understand
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by Sagamite(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
namfav:

christians in nigeria are intolerant, a muslim is the first to accept a christian into his home but a christian will never accept a muslim in his neighbourhood

Rubbish.

Most people are tolerant in Nigerian, but of those that are intolerant Muslims are the most intolerant and that is extrapolated around the world.

namfav:

your understanding is flawed because its baseless, which scripture says that ? what im speaking is in a human context, an example is that you don't want your children to speak a language you cannot understand

Both scriptures.

The whole "infidel" thing for muslims.

And the Xtian:

Ujujoan:

. . . . . . the bible expressly teaches to stay away from 'unbelievers' . . . .  except the person's intentions is to convert him/her!

I am perfectly happy for my child to speak MULTIPLE languages I do not understand.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by adconline(m): 3:35am On Apr 02, 2011
uprightness is a state no mortal being can attain outside spiritual guidance. Studies have shown that Simple reactive tendencies like "telling lies", "grudge", "se.x - i mean premarital behind the fence screwing", "violence and retaliation" are natural human tendencies so your grandfather wouldnt be upright if he never had spiritual guidance.

Post the studies. It must be peer reviewed. Has religion ever solved any problem in this world? Did Michael Ajayi Crowther pray or work to translate the bible into Yoruba language? Desmond Tutu could have chosen to tell blacks folks about how beautiful heaven would be, so that they would not need to bother about life on hell in RSA pre-Apartheid,instead, he marched and fought for freedom. Martin Luther King marched with the oppressed and black folks to demand for equality. In Naija, religious folks and co hope for a better Naija that would come without them fighting for it. Prayer without good work is in vain.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by sayso: 5:49am On Apr 02, 2011
Teachings ni Teachings ko,love your partner and live a straight life.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by ifyalways(f): 8:28am On Apr 02, 2011
IMO,If u are religious,save urself and the world the headache,date and marry within ur deen/circle,If u are liberal find ur type.simple
I detest over "religious" people though.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by gsmseminar: 10:10am On Apr 02, 2011
I wonder ifany of our so called XTIAN Brothers and Sister has ever bothered reading through this verse in the bible.

It is clearly stated in the bible that u can marry anybody u want to as long as there is understanding between the two parties. PLS AND PLS , B4 anybody will post a comment like "the bible forbids, God hates union with unbelievers,, my family can never marry,  etc ." pls read through this chapter in the bible.

1 Corinthians 7 (New International Version, ©2011)

1 Corinthians 7
Concerning Married Life
1 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.”

2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.

4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

6 I say this as a concession, not as a command.

7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
[size=8pt]
12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
[/size]
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by MissyB3(f): 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
gsmseminar:

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

I'm not exceptionally good at this. Hopefully, a Bible scholar chips in a word or two but, before then, I'd like to address your post

Many scriptures admonish us to avoid close relationship with unbelievers, even 1 corinthians 7:12-14 you quoted doesn't encourage you to.
Knowing that man is bound to break rules, people will still find themselves associated with unbelievers somehow, sometime, Paul [not God] now advises you not to divorce your unbelieving spouse, IF you're already married to one. Paul wasn't addressing singles looking for excuses to be with  unbelievers, but the already married.
If you read further to verse 16, paul continues : ''How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?''
This implies a man or woman with a partner who's an unbeliever is supposed to work towards converting him/her to christ.
And, it's well-known how much work that requires. Of course, that's if the unbeliever doesn't end up converting the believer, instead.
Even the Bible tells us in 1 corinthians 15 vs 33 '' Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals [[size=3pt]How I grew up hearing this almost everyday!  smiley][/size]

Flip the pages of your Bible to 2 corinthians 6:14-15, the same paul tells us  "Do not be bound together with unbelievers [ My interpretation : do not even start anything of great proximity with them. Not even marriage] ; for what partnership has righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?"

So, my dear, quoting scriptures out of context is very irrelevant. Let's get understanding as the Bible encourages us, along with wisdom.
PS: I'm open to correction and/or more learning from a Scholar.

Spirituality aside, isn't it just much easier to be with one's kind and avoid all the wahala?! 
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by soloj1(m): 10:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
When it comes to interpersonal relationships, especially marriage; the christian is commanded to not be ''unequally yoked together with unbelievers : for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?,  or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?, '' 2 Cor. 6:14-16
Many so-called christians have ignored the above scriptures and realized too late that the instructions was meant for their protection and preservation. They eventually made a shipwreck of their faith.
Tinubu and Fashiola's wives example in southern  Nigeria are the few exceptions not the rule. Up-north in Nigeria, many homes were destroyed from family pressure and or coercion in this matter. Like one of the N/lander said- 'let every one stick to his/her kind'.  And oh yes, 'a stitch in time saves nine!'
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by vladimiros: 1:07am On Apr 03, 2011
my Grand Dad i think he was atheist, cus he did not believe in God and could not be bothered

my Grand mom was Christian , and my Dad and all his siblings are christians

i don`t think Religion affects in Nigeria tbh here

we think it does but it does not. when i say it does not i have seen muslim marry christians and thier families never agreed but their families could not change it ,

so it up to who getting married
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by ismailaA: 7:58am On Apr 06, 2011
in nigeria there is a serious emphasy on religion and tribe towards marriage.  going by the sharia of islam, a man can marry a woman from the christians if  only she will renegade before the marriage. In any case; couple should be of the same believe so that there will hv the view complying.
Re: Inter-religious Relationships/marriages? by palma(f): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
Following this thread i now believe most people serve religion more than they serve God. What is religion? Is it not the teachings you have been brought up with or accepted? Does this make anyone's religion better than the other? How do you know whatever religion you practise is the right one? Did God actually talk to you and tell you it's the right one? Or do you simply listen to the teachings of scholars who also got it from previous scholars? Will religion take you to heaven? Mind you if you sacrifice the whole world for your religion but still hate thy neighbours you can never make heaven. I choose to be who i am today and practise what i practise not to satisfy anyone but because i found fulfillment in what i am doing. Will you subject yourself to a life of unhappiness when your heart cries out to be somewhere else? Look we are created as equals and if you check any religious book you will see that you are no better than the next person only maybe lucky in some aspects.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Temptations Today With A Stupid Neighbour That Later Turned Profitable. / My Neighbors Wife Is Hitting On Me, Again. What Should I Do? / Can You Allow Your Husband Engage In Anal Sex With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.