Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,773 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 (13691 Views)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2023 / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2020). / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Aystarz: 6:25am On Jan 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I celebrate our armed forces

You can celebrate murderers all you want now, till the day an unknown soldier does to you and your loved ones what the NA know how to do best

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Jaqenhghar: 6:25am On Jan 15, 2021
Grace001:
Let’s be human at least to acknowledge the ultimate sacrifice these military guys are paying to keep this country at peace.

It’s not easy to make this big sacrifice to die for a country like Nigeria.

A failed country where there is no value for human life... Even those military guys that are still alive are treated like a piece of shiit, poor welfare and dilapidated barracks. How much more the dead ones.

Respect to all gallant soldier and rip to all our fallen heroes.

We say thank you .

Whose fault is it that they are treated like shít?
Who protects those who treat them like shít?
If you decide today to hold a rally for their welfare, they will be the first to shoot you.
They will tell you its a military affair and as a "bloody civilian" its not your business
The irony is its you who prays for them that is their enemy.
Anyway sha una deseerve each other. Make una dey carry go

5 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Jaqenhghar: 6:28am On Jan 15, 2021
Propaganda thread.
No amount of white washing will change anything.
Only a fool willl celebrate those who hate him
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by pickatyouu: 6:30am On Jan 15, 2021
After they killed our youth in lekki and oyigbo

Make dem shift abeg.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Oluwaseunbandur: 6:32am On Jan 15, 2021
Citizens don't respect them anymore
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Jaqenhghar: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2021
jumper524:
people use the army uniform to oppress the masses (yes) but there are still a lot more soldiers who didn't do that and still lost their lives trying to save you and I.

just a single day in a year is dedicated to this men and you can't hide your grievance and pay gratitude to the brave ones who died fighting to make you live better.
we are all somebody's enemy but still no matter what, some level of respect should be given to the dead.. especially those fighting to make life safer to us all.
Stop being vague. Who are these people who wear uniform to oppress the masses? Yes those given the uniforms to protect the masses.
Respect is earned. You can force people to do frog jump at gun point on the streets but you cant force them to feel a certain way towards you. If they want the love and repect then they should stop acting like thugs. Same way they are free to do whatever they like we too are free to remember them for what they really are.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Jaqenhghar: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2021
DONFRANSKID:
Nothing to remember i can only remember my fellow youth killed at lekki toll gate by the army rest in peace guys you are the true heroes that deserved to be remembered
Those are the true heroes. Protesting for a better country.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Sholagas: 6:38am On Jan 15, 2021
G
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by MysteryShopper: 6:39am On Jan 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by McTominay(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2021
who are we remembering? Nigerian Army? abeg today is my sisters birthday leave Nigerian Army matter alone.
When time reach to go for peace keeping/ UN mission, top ranking officials will be fighting to go, but Boko Haram for the last 10years, no military general has gone to war front.
Later you will hear they went for course in Isreal, Ireland, but they never enter battlefields in Nigeria. Animal people

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by AreaFada2: 6:48am On Jan 15, 2021
Sadly 9ja govt like ceremony pass actual taking care of veterans. No wonder those lucky to go high up enough grab as much as they can, further worsening the military institution, a vicious cycle.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by ofiko123(m): 6:49am On Jan 15, 2021
Happy Armed forces remembrance day...
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Olakunleyakub(m): 6:55am On Jan 15, 2021
I pray Nigeria win this endless battle with the terrorists.

Our soldiers have sacrifices alot for us.

It is never easy leaving your family all in the name of fighting for your country.

Being a soldiers is most difficult things to do talkless of dying for their country with low pay and little or no retired benefits. they have wives and children too that need their attention..

Soldiers are supposed to be among the highest paid in the country but instead our politians are the national thieves heroe. they collect the highest money and still steal the remaining ones meant for the development of the commoners!

I pray that our Nigerian army succeed in their fight against insurgency!
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Cuntface: 6:58am On Jan 15, 2021
bleeped up people.
Nigerian army doesn't deserve any remembrance
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Calibrator: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2021
Am I the only person who doesn't understand what a Lt Colonel is doing at the battlefront leading troops against insurgents.

What are the job specifications of the Sergeants, Captains and Major in his company?

A Lt Colonel should be revising battle plans from a safe distance away from the gunfight.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by AnanseK(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2021
juman:
Nigeria would have been a better country without the so called armed forces.

The armed forces is the biggest adversary and foe faces by nigerian people.
Their greedy generals overthrew sheu shagari, and those generals stole tens of billions of dollars over the period of twenty three years(1984-2007).

Nigeria collapsed.

Nigerian generals -- oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

And the civilians are ruling well in the states and federal, Nigeria is now a deveped country where there is no corruption and rule of law is observed at all levels, because the military are back in there barracks and saintly civilians are now ruling the country very well at LGA, State and Federal levels. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by fablouzLeged: 7:04am On Jan 15, 2021
may god protect you heroes
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Brunicekid(m): 7:04am On Jan 15, 2021
May the souls of the fallen hero rest in peace!
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Dyinze31: 7:09am On Jan 15, 2021
Anotther day to lament or protest. Noting more.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by OmoOshodi(m): 7:09am On Jan 15, 2021
Any Armed forces that turned against his( un armed citizens)National Flag does not deserve my sympathy and respect.....Let's see again in 2023....for now....To HELL with the Armed Forces.

LEKKI VICTIMS STILL FRESH ON MY MIND

4 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by naptu2: 7:15am On Jan 15, 2021
Calibrator:
Am I the only person who doesn't understand what a Lt Colonel is doing at the battlefront leading troops against insurgents.

What are the job specifications of the Sergeants, Captains and Major in his company?

A Lt Colonel should be revising battle plans from a safe distance away from the gunfight.

So, the first day I met him he actually came from Mallam Fatori to Maiduguri to collect supplies for his unit. Sounds strange. A Major? Coming to the city to take supplies for soldiers? This is not typical of senior officers. It is one task they would delegate.

Furthermore, this is assymetric warfare. There are no properly defined battlefronts. The terrorists can strike anywhere.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Calibrator: 7:28am On Jan 15, 2021
I know but a regular Lt Colonel should have a better protection regardless unless he was singled out for elimination.

Unless his troops deserted or were defending their positions in an unprofessional way without regard for the chain of command, nothing should be touching their Lt Colonel.

Check America's casualties on the war on terrorism in the Middle East which dwarves the political gambit in the North and please tell me how many American officers from Lt Colonel up are KIA.

naptu2:

Furthermore, this is assymetric warfare. There are no properly defined battlefronts. The terrorists can strike anywhere.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Nickshrapnel: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2021
Thank you all for your service ❤️
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by hybridblood07(m): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2021
How are they illiterates?
OloshoMan:
Nobody really gives a shiii about those illiterates in uniforms
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2021
I celebrate the armed forces of Nigeria let’s all remember the brave men and women that have been slain by the incompetence and greed of their superiors. May their souls find peace and may they get the vengeance they do deserve Amen.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Regex: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2021
How many times will they celebrate this thing?
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by naptu2: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2021
Calibrator:
I know but a regular Lt Colonel should have a better protection regardless unless he was singled out for elimination.

Unless his troops deserted or were defending their positions in an unprofessional way without regard for the chain of command, nothing should be touching their Lt Colonel.

Check America's casualties on the war on terrorism in the Middle East which dwarves the political gambit in the North and please tell me how many American officers from Lt Colonel up are KIA.

1) Yes, it's true that Boko Haram had repeatedly tried to get him because of his bravery and reputation, but

2) Colonels, even generals have died in wars. That's the nature of war.

3) You mentioned US operations in the Middle East. Colonel William Wood (who outranks Abu Ali) died during those operations. In fact, read this article about 4 colonels that died during an operation.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/Afghanistan/colonels-died-afghan-attack/story?id=10712934

Like I wrote, it's assymetric warfare and the terrorists can strike anywhere.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by oneTIMEman(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2021
They have not paid my late brother benefits since 2015. NA take note

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by Bolaji26(m): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2021
kiss

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 by maryalloy(f): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2021
God bless our armed forces

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NAFDAC Seizes Truckload Of Fake Milk In Sokoto / Iyorchia Ayu: APC Sued Atiku In Wike’s Name / 2023: We Didn’t Endorse Tinubu – Northern IPAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.