Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG (13275 Views)

Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet / Chikwe Ihekweazu Not Quarantined, But On Self-Isolation For 14 Days - NCDC / Coronavirus: Chikwe Ihekweazu Quarantined (Nigeria Disease Control Agency Boss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by zakim(m): 7:07am On Jan 15, 2021
Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Chikwe Ihekweazu, says the new variants or strains of the COVID-19 virus in the country are not a cause for concern because viruses mutate all the time.

He said they could only be of concern when the new variants or strains are associated with increased transmission.

He stated this Thursday during the World Health Organisation’s online news briefing on the latest COVID-19 developments on the continent.

He said Nigeria had not announced new variants so far because there had been no increased transmission and morbidity.

Ihekweazu said the Nigerian authorities had also ramped up production of oxygen and brought in the private sector .

WHO Regional Director for Africa, Matshidiso Moeti, said it was important for countries to improve routine sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 viruses on the continent to better to monitor the emergence of variants and their subsequent spread across countries.

She said the WHO, together with the Africa CDC, had supported countries to step up genome sequencing through a network of specialized laboratories.

She said the WHO had also helped in shipping samples, providing laboratory supplies as well as technical guidance and mobilizing funds.

According to her, the Covax Facility is working towards providing about 600 million doses for Africa this year, adding “We expect the first doses to arrive by the end of March, with a larger roll-out by June.”

The COVAX Facility, a global initiative that brings together governments and manufacturers to ensure COVID-19 vaccines reaches those in greatest need, whoever they are and wherever they live.

https://dailytrust.com/new-covid-19-variants-not-cause-for-concern-ncdc

1 Like

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by alizma: 7:08am On Jan 15, 2021
No cause for alarm but the variant seems to be killing more people than the initial one.
23 people left Nigeria for the land of death through the second variant of covid19 just yesterday.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Whitecoal711: 7:10am On Jan 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by kinglee007(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Really?

1 Like

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Racoon(m): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2021
The new COVID-19 virus strain that is more virulent hence killing more people than the previous one? Even NDCD stat ystdy is a pointer while they are aggressively seeking for a vaccine succour? So why are you contemplating another lockdown? What kinds of imbeciles are ruling this nation for God's sake?

5 Likes

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Bornu1stSon(m): 7:31am On Jan 15, 2021
Racoon:
The new COVID-19 virus strain that is more virulent hence killing more people than the previous one? Even NDCD stat ystdy is a pointer while they are aggressively seeking for a vaccine succour? So why are you contemplating another lockdown? What kinds of imbeciles are ruling this nation for God's sake?

It is not by force to be out Oga. You can lock yourself inside room for the rest of the year.

Any Lock down now will spell doom for the poor. Food stuffs and other things that rose during the first lock down is yet to come down. Another lockdown will lead to more increase in price of things.

Let those that are afraid of dying stay inside, let us continue our business

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by yanabasee1(m): 7:36am On Jan 15, 2021
alizma:
No cause for alarm but the variant seems to be killing more people than the initial one.
23 people left Nigeria for the land of death through the second variant of covid19 just yesterday.

There's no such thing as Covid-19....

The entire symptoms of Coronavirus is all related to Malaria.....

They don't want you testing for malaria no more but to be testing for Covid-19.... How silly.

They're now attributing all deaths in the hospital to be caused by Coronavirus.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by FalseProphet1(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2021
I see covid 19 being defeated. But our leaders have refused to let it die in peace so that they can continue to cash out. I see another lockdown looming. I see schools, churches and markets being shut down. This I have seen.
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Enudapan: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Codvid 19 seems like an imaginary disease in
This Africa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by GreatMake83: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Ok

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Come4Value: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by slawormiir: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by DropsMic(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Okay
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Ok

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2021
Be safe out there guys.....

Coronavirus is REAL and now more deadlier.....due all the traveling and gathering over the festive season.

Keep yourself and family safe pleaseeeee!

gypsey:
True talk. He who has ears let them hear.
We hope they listen

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by kingvon6: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2021
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by JuanDeDios: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2021
alizma:
Exactly. I wonder how there's no cause for alarm.
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Houseofglam7(f): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2021
undecided
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by bigdammyj: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2021
Noted
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by datola: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2021
post=98075948:
Mask up Guys

So people that are getting infected are not masking up

Some people have the impression that once you wear facemask you are protected.

I doubt if the level of protection from facemask is up to 20%
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by specialmati(m): 8:25am On Jan 15, 2021
cool cool cool they know that most of our cases are just malaria not mainly covid
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by thatsleepboy1: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2021
okwu dị okay
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by HBB1(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2021
yanabasee1:

They don't want you testing for malaria no more but to be testing for Covid-19.... How silly.

You mean Malaria is killing all these full-grown Nigerian Men?!
undecided

3 Likes

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Godada(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2021
Sensitive posts ran by a bunch of inept group of buffoons
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by sammysmiles(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2021
Which of the variants ever called for concern

3 Likes

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by naijadrivablog: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2021
Wetin una sabi
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by alizma: 8:30am On Jan 15, 2021
yanabasee1:

Please my post is not for mentally troubled people. Stay off

3 Likes

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by hayesconcept(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2021
False prophesy. Go and sleep lad
FalseProphet1:
I see covid 19 being defeated. But our leaders have refused to let it die in peace so that they can continue to cash out. I see another lockdown looming. I see schools, churches and markets being shut down. This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by hayesconcept(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2021
Mask up
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by Giggy011(f): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2021
Don't be fooled. NCDC knows that their scam is about to burst. Yes there's COVID but not as much as the inflated figure.

They know the Masses will soon agitate for verification and autopsy of the dead.

Very IRREGULAR figures
Re: New COVID-19 Variants Not Cause For Concern – Chikwe Ihekweazu, NCDC DG by munachiso58(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2021
this guy is looking fresh and more fresh day in day out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State / How To Enlarge Your Pennies With Your Hands Naturally / Why Do My Teeth Bleed When I Brush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.